Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 05:52:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: XAPO Hot Wallet Service did turn into SCAM! BE AWARE !  (Read 5727 times)
Ethey (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 07:55:00 AM
Last edit: July 02, 2016, 10:45:23 PM by Ethey

Hi there BcTCommunity,

ive been scammed. Again. This time its XAPO Service. They are Holding simply my funds from one Day to another! Ive could lost 5 btc at once like this!

Be Aware Guys! Dont loose your Money on wrong Immpressions like Xapo.com! They will simply lock your balance from one day to another..

You have been warned! Try to unlock your Balance until its to late and your Account also gets locked!

Check this Video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCVkkBgjNrk

Users reporting over the same Problems:

WTF??

My API stop working, also I cannot access to site without address verification.

??

I have been using Xapo for sometime now but was not an active user. I recently thought to get involved in the bitcoin arena and use bitcoins to make purchases..... Believe me guys, I'm quitting the Bitcoin because of Xapo! They have cheated me out of £250. I purchased some bitcoins and was instructed to wire fund to their account. I sent it and they have sent me an email saying purchase cancelled. I have now been inquiring for over 10 days and have sent more than 15emails but nobody is getting back to me. Believe me guys.... STAY AWAY FROM XAPO! They're just another bitcoin scamming site. Send money to them at your own risk. I have contacted their investors as well..... but Xapo are not bothered they have my money:(

OP it only your wallet who get problem
My wallet has no problem it can still send or received
Maybe you need contacted support for know why your accounhas problem

This already happend. They did not reply even after 72 hours. Ive used XAPO for now longer then 1 year and suddenly my Balance is looked.
they locked my account yesterday too.

I also am not able to access my wallet till I provide them with my ID and Address proof. I submitted the documents and asked them to open my account. I just hope they let me access my account as I have 0.3 BTC in my wallet and need my funds asap.

I have been with Xapo.com since they started and never had one problem.

Me too. but I am just using the simple wallet to receive and send payments. I have not get any problem but after reading this post. I prefer to go to xapo and redeem all my balance from there. taking care is better then loosing money. I've 0.5btc in xapo and they are too important for me. I've earned them in 6 month with my hard works. and don't want to loose them..

Guys in any Case! If u can unlock your Balance! You should! I cannot and several Users have the same Problems since 72 hours! Its just a advise/warning in case u can withrawel your btc to get it safe...
They are not replying to my support ticket. An New User Called JessieXapo send me an Pm on bct and asked for my user informations : Date Registered:   June 11, 2015, 11:12:59 AM https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=521651

I also am not able to access my wallet till I provide them with my ID and Address proof. I submitted the documents and asked them to open my account. I just hope they let me access my account as I have 0.3 BTC in my wallet and need my funds asap.

I have a zero balance but i was using the card in the past. same situation for me

Hi there BcTCommunity,

ive been scammed. Again. This time its XAPO Service. They are Holding simply my funds from one Day to another! Ive could lost 5 btc at once like this!

Be Aware Guys! Dont loose your Money on wrong Immpressions like Xapo.com! They will simply lock your balance from one day to another..

You have been warned! Try to unlock your Balance until its to late and your Account also gets locked!

Check this Video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCVkkBgjNrk

Users reporting over the same Problems:

WTF??

My API stop working, also I cannot access to site without address verification.

??

I have been using Xapo for sometime now but was not an active user. I recently thought to get involved in the bitcoin arena and use bitcoins to make purchases..... Believe me guys, I'm quitting the Bitcoin because of Xapo! They have cheated me out of £250. I purchased some bitcoins and was instructed to wire fund to their account. I sent it and they have sent me an email saying purchase cancelled. I have now been inquiring for over 10 days and have sent more than 15emails but nobody is getting back to me. Believe me guys.... STAY AWAY FROM XAPO! They're just another bitcoin scamming site. Send money to them at your own risk. I have contacted their investors as well..... but Xapo are not bothered they have my money:(

This already happend. They did not reply even after 72 hours. Ive used XAPO for now longer then 1 year and suddenly my Balance is looked.

Me too. but I am just using the simple wallet to receive and send payments. I have not get any problem but after reading this post. I prefer to go to xapo and redeem all my balance from there. taking care is better then loosing money. I've 0.5btc in xapo and they are too important for me. I've earned them in 6 month with my hard works. and don't want to loose them..

Guys in any Case! If u can unlock your Balance! You should! I cannot and several Users have the same Problems since 72 hours! Its just a advise/warning in case u can withrawel your btc to get it safe...
They are not replying to my support ticket. An New User Called JessieXapo send me an Pm on bct and asked for my user informations : Date Registered:   June 11, 2015, 11:12:59 AM https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=521651

I have a zero balance but i was using the card in the past. same situation for me

same problem here.....

XAPO just scam me ,and support refuses any explain for a week...

If you have more than 0.1 BTC ,jsut dont save in XAPO

Robertqueen2

Activity: 826
Merit: 523

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 08:07:34 AM

Can you explain more please how they are holding your fund , did you request to send Bitcoin but they didn't send , or they have locked your account ?
I think this wallet is widely used and it can't turn into a scam easily .
In any case , I don't use this wallet , I trust only blockchain wallet .
Ethey (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 08:20:45 AM

Can you explain more please how they are holding your fund , did you request to send Bitcoin but they didn't send , or they have locked your account ?
I think this wallet is widely used and it can't turn into a scam easily .
In any case , I don't use this wallet , I trust only blockchain wallet .

ive updated my post with a little video of trying to spend my btc from the api!

Posum578

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 08:28:54 AM

lordlucan

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2016, 08:33:56 AM

Ethey (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 08:34:41 AM

killerjoegreece
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1010

Professional Native Greek Translator (2000+ done)

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2016, 08:35:51 AM

GregH37
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 08:38:14 AM

Posum578

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 08:43:28 AM

Do you already contacted support?
Is xapo give any information when locking your account or just lock it and never tell you why they your lock account?
Ethey (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 08:43:56 AM

stiffbud

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 08:47:29 AM

Guys in any Case! If u can unlock your Balance! You should! I cannot and several Users have the same Problems since yesterday morning/night! Its just a warning in case u can withrawel your btc to get safe...
Do you know why you got locked? You may have done something which are against their rules same as the others who got locked also. I used xapo for a long time and never got any problem with it since unless the time I forgot my 2Fa but everything works fine with them. I can receive and send money normally.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Mauser

Activity: 1806
Merit: 529

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 08:47:50 AM

I can't believe that XAPO is actually scamming People on purpose.

I am using it for 1 month now with no Problem.

The reason why I like XAPO and why i don't believe it's a scam is that it funded by some of the biggest names in private equity (e.g. Fortress Investment). These guys earn millions per day and would never Support a Company that is scamming for a few Bitcoins. Just not worth the negative PR. I doubt all These big names involved in XAPO would Support any such corporate policy.
jhenfelipe

Activity: 1372
Merit: 647

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 09:00:28 AM

After reading this, I've signed in my account and check if there's the same problem. Luckily there's not. As far as I know Xapo users had problems with it's support because they are not replying in an hour or in a day, but I suggest you to keep on sending them a ticket, because if you stop they will really not get back to you. I was wondering why there are several users who are encountering this Sad Are there no explanation or email to you about this? Because I think you should have been informed why it happened. If you really comply with their terms I hope you all get back your account and money.
ultrloa
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1233

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2016, 10:33:03 AM

ive got an locking issue on my Xapo account but everythings fix when i contact support althoug its bit late atleast its ok now,and if you still experiencing the same problem better to send many tickets to their support until they answer your inquiry.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Mauser

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 10:40:18 AM

ive got an locking issue on my Xapo account but everythings fix when i contact support althoug its bit late atleast its ok now,and if you still experiencing the same problem better to send many tickets to their support until they answer your inquiry.

What was the problem with your account, was it your mistake or theirs? Did it take long for them to reply and unlock your?

Are you still using them? I am just curious as I am also using xapo.

Since they dont charge the fees like blockchain I guess the support staff is smaller.
Darwin02

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 10:53:39 AM

I was also got problem with xapo but its already fixed now. Its my fault Im not blame them because its for the safe of the user who trust using their wallet.

▄█
            ██  ██
           ██  ████
          ██  ██  ██
         ██  ██    ██
        ██  ██  ██  ██
       ██  ██    ██  ██
      ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
     ██  ██  ████  ██  ██
    ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
   ██  ██  ██    ██  ██  ██
  ██  ██  ██████████  ██  ██
 ██                    ██  ██
█████████████████████▄  ██  █
                         ██
▀███████████████████████████

█████ █   █ █████      ███          █████████████▄▄    ████            ████     ▄▄██████████      ▄▄██████████
  █   █   █ █         █████         ████████████████    ████          ████     █████████████     █████████████
  █   █████ █████    ███████        ███         ▀███     ████        ████     ███▀              ███▀
  █   █   █ █        ███ ███        ███          ███      ████      ████      ███               ███
  █   █   █ █████   ███   ███       ███          ███       ████    ████       ███               ███
                    ███   ███       ███         ▄███        ████  ████        ███▄              ███▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▀          ████████          ██████████▄▄      ██████████▄▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▄           ██████            ▀▀██████████      ▀▀██████████
                  ███       ███     ███         ▀███           ████                      ▀███              ▀███
                  █████████████     ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███████████████    ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███         ███    ███         ▄███           ████                      ▄███              ▄███
                ███           ███   ████████████████           ████           ██████████████    ██████████████
                ███           ███   █████████████▀▀            ████           ███████████▀▀     ███████████▀▀

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
.TOKEN SALE. Apr 16 2018
      .DAICO.      May 16 2018

ANN Thread  ■  Whitepaper
■  Twitter
■  Telegram
■  Facebook
Dank Frank

Activity: 406

Too Weird to Live. Too Rare to Die...

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 11:26:02 AM

I have no problems with xapo here as well, and used my debit card this morning and worked.
Hazir
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1005

★Nitrogensports.eu★

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 11:36:18 AM

Op, you didn't say what you were doing with your bitcoins you stored on your Xapo account?

I am asking, because online wallet services are known for monitoring EVERY single transaction and bitcoin flow.

Every incoming/outgoing transaction is checked. I am not exactly familiar with Xapo and their ToS.

But I know for a fact that if you gambled with your BTC and use for example Coinbase wallet your account will be frozen as well.

So this - or other 'suspicious' activity is most likely the reason your account is 'blocked'.

█████████████████     ████████
       ████████              ████████
     ████████     ███████  ████████     ████████
    ████████     █████████████████     ████████
████████     ████████  ███████     ████████
          ████████     █████████████████
▄▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██     
██
██
▬▬ THE LARGEST & MOST TRUSTED ▬▬
      BITCOIN SPORTSBOOK     
   ▄▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██     
██
██
             ▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄
     ▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀        ▀▄▄▄▄          
▄▀▀▀▀                 █   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
█                    ▀▄          █
 █   ▀▌     ██▄        █          █              
 ▀▄        ▐████▄       █        █
  █        ███████▄     ▀▄       █
   █      ▐████▄█████████████████████▄
   ▀▄     ███████▀                  ▀██
    █      ▀█████    ▄▄        ▄▄    ██
     █       ▀███   ████      ████   ██
     ▀▄        ██    ▀▀        ▀▀    ██
      █        ██        ▄██▄        ██
       █       ██        ▀██▀        ██
       ▀▄      ██    ▄▄        ▄▄    ██
        █      ██   ████      ████   ██
         █▄▄▄▄▀██    ▀▀        ▀▀    ██
               ██▄                  ▄██
                ▀████████████████████▀

CASINO  ●  DICE  ●  POKER  
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   24 hour Customer Support   

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
biggbox

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2016, 12:49:32 PM

My XAPO is still working fine. Did you guys enable 2FA? Did you guys accept XAPO via TOR or VPN? Did you guys use your XAPO address on gambling sites?

1Cr9iLWm2dSGH8259VQd2wDzpkR63jGVjW
Mauser

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 01:49:24 PM

I would really appreciate if users of xapo who where locked could explain if the mistake was on their end or a mistake by xapo.

I am using xapo to pool all my faucets Satoshi and don't want to get blocked eventually.

2fa is not yet mandatory does it help to avoid problems?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: