Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 08:31:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: XAPO Hot Wallet Service did turn into SCAM! BE AWARE !  (Read 5727 times)
virtualkeybuyer

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 11:57:48 PM

Any person who have lost access to their xapo they have to contact to them through their support ticket and I am sure that you will get a reply from them within 24 or 48 hours and if they will not be able to provide you their service then they will send all of your bitcoins to you to one of your other wallet.
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 12:07:59 AM
Last edit: November 05, 2016, 12:38:34 AM by bL4nkcode

Xapo is one of the biggest players in the space. There is no way they scammed you. You must have done something wrong.
End of story.
Don't say that you about this that you really know the smell of this service, are you reading with those complaints before and after what had happen to their accounts in that one lf the biggest player in the space? Roll Eyes

Any person who have lost access to their xapo they have to contact to them through their support ticket and I am sure that you will get a reply from them within 24 or 48 hours and if they will not be able to provide you their service then they will send all of your bitcoins to you to one of your other wallet.
And you also, are you reading the whole thread and those who are comllaining? replying about 24-48 hours?then what happen?

Well in the very first place the question is who's fault? You're realizing that xapo is very trusted site this days after seing this lots of complaining of their service.
And most provably its their users fault why they are using this service and ver first place that they know that they're cannot access their private keys which is very risky as a bitcoin holder even just a small amount because you save it and you worked it then after that you lost it all for nothing.
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
December 19, 2016, 07:04:27 AM

Sure hope your right.  Just lost a pretty significant portion of my BTC funds which I was foolish enough to trust on Xapo.

*BTW, who really reads every new websites ToS that they are trying out? Any KYC requirements for wallet based services should require all of this documentation up front.

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
Vikingr

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 19, 2016, 06:32:17 PM

Sure hope your right.  Just lost a pretty significant portion of my BTC funds which I was foolish enough to trust on Xapo.

*BTW, who really reads every new websites ToS that they are trying out? Any KYC requirements for wallet based services should require all of this documentation up front.
On another place on this forum I read a post from a person that he have got his account locked and after contact to them he did not got access to his account but got back his bitcoins. They send him his bitcoins to his external address. You also need to connect xapo. They may help you.
energycr

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 10:43:00 PM

I use to have a wallet with them but then I did not change the phone number for verification and knew that they use that to allow you log into your account frequently, so have not used them since.
Glad that I stopped from all the issues people are saying that they have had with them since then.
BingoDog

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 08:25:18 PM

So sad to hear that but there must be some explanation. I use this wallet and never had such issues. I wouldn't like to take anyones side, it's obviously that some people have serious problems but like I've said there must be some reason that could be explained. I.don't beleive that they are scamers.

malaj
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 11:24:26 AM

Quick update.  Within 48 hours of making my initial post I was contacted by a Xapo representative to let me know that my KYC application had been approved.  All funds where subsequently made available.

Xapo definitely legit, just trying to comply with KYC requirements.  Would make all the difference in the world if they somehow made this abundantly clear before holding deposited funds hostage until such time as KYC requirements meet or external BTC address payout process (requires up to 7 days from what i under stand) is met.

Still testing the wallet and other than aforementioned no further complaints.

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
mrjoy15

Activity: 840
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2017, 03:40:56 PM
Last edit: January 18, 2017, 06:28:52 PM by mrjoy15

Sorry! for you man.Got my account with them about a years ago which fully address verified.Still didn't facing any problem working with them for a while.As far as i know,the Xapo is the world's most secure bitcoin wallet easy to use,there no reason that's why they did scam anyone.Using Xapo couple of times making transactions all going smoothly without facing any difficulty.So for me it is pretty hard to believe Xapo.com did turn Into Scam!
But i will concern your warn deeply...
Josepino

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 03:44:59 PM

Oh, this is first time I heard this issue. I'm using this service so Maybe I will transfer my bitcoin to private wallet.
if everything comes back normally I will use it again .
SolarFlareProject

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 03:45:39 PM

I have been with Xapo.com since they started and never had one problem.

Same here, never lost a single satoshi from where i signed on Xapo....not using from longer now, i will check it!
boy130

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 12:55:22 AM

I am using it ±1 year and never had any issues  Smiley
operative11

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 01:54:41 AM

I've been using Xapo intensively and never had a problem. I use their card to withdraw paper money when needed.
FLoving

Activity: 1022
Merit: 521

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 09:25:07 AM

I've been using Xapo intensively and never had a problem. I use their card to withdraw paper money when needed.
I was worried after looking at this thread as some of my bitcoins are at xapo wallet but after reading the reviews of people I took the breathe. I am  using xapo from a longer time and there is no any problem to me but now the fees is increased higher that is the only problem for me.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: