Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 01:39:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stateless societies and bitcoin  (Read 3004 times)
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 10:11:47 AM

There can never be a stateless society. The smallest state might be the family. But if there was no state, there would be no society.
For 99.8% of human history people lived exclusively in autonomous bands and villages. What were they?

They were states, societies, families, friends, and religious activists.

Cool

I guess we have to define state and society. I believe there could be a society without a state, I may even believe that I believe in one. I hate the state in the sense that I hate bureaucracy, being told what to do and how to do it, or the fact that if I pick a phone, my conservation may be listened to by the CIA. But society is OK because it's informal. I have friends, we're going out for dinner, and that's it. I talked to the cashier at the grocery store earlier today, the state wasn't there.

I have escaped all kind of government control, and there are thousands others like me. I hope our number will keep on growing.

What you don't seem to realize is that it's precisely the things you hate that make the things you love about modern society possible. All of the perks of the modern world are only possible with the current configuration. You can't separate the things you love from the things you hate, they go hand in hand. If you're being honest and really feel strongly about how the world is evolving then the impeccable thing for you to do would be to detach from it and make your own way, for better or worse. It's just pure hypocrisy if you take all of the things you enjoy but shun the burden that go hand in hand with them and blame it all on "the man" or "them". You are "the man", everyone is "the man" for as long as you accept the benefits of the modern world.

I find it amazing that someone I've never met is able to tell what I like and what I dislike. You have a lot of imagination ObscureBean. I'll tell you something I like. I like starvation. I say people dying from hunger is good. There should be more of them, especially in Europe. If you've never experienced starvation, I wish you'll experience it soon.

The example of people dying from hunger is good for others, and suffering from starvation is helpful to make good life's decisions. to many people, I guess it's also needed. All over Europe, I see people making mistakes because the state, the country, governments and all that, prevent them from starving. The world would be better with the risk of starvation above anyone's head.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2016, 02:01:18 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2016, 03:35:21 AM by ObscureBean

There can never be a stateless society. The smallest state might be the family. But if there was no state, there would be no society.
For 99.8% of human history people lived exclusively in autonomous bands and villages. What were they?

Cool

I guess we have to define state and society. I believe there could be a society without a state, I may even believe that I believe in one. I hate the state in the sense that I hate bureaucracy, being told what to do and how to do it, or the fact that if I pick a phone, my conservation may be listened to by the CIA. But society is OK because it's informal. I have friends, we're going out for dinner, and that's it. I talked to the cashier at the grocery store earlier today, the state wasn't there.

I have escaped all kind of government control, and there are thousands others like me. I hope our number will keep on growing.

What you don't seem to realize is that it's precisely the things you hate that make the things you love about modern society possible. All of the perks of the modern world are only possible with the current configuration. You can't separate the things you love from the things you hate, they go hand in hand. If you're being honest and really feel strongly about how the world is evolving then the impeccable thing for you to do would be to detach from it and make your own way, for better or worse. It's just pure hypocrisy if you take all of the things you enjoy but shun the burden that go hand in hand with them and blame it all on "the man" or "them". You are "the man", everyone is "the man" for as long as you accept the benefits of the modern world.

I find it amazing that someone I've never met is able to tell what I like and what I dislike. You have a lot of imagination ObscureBean. I'll tell you something I like. I like starvation. I say people dying from hunger is good. There should be more of them, especially in Europe. If you've never experienced starvation, I wish you'll experience it soon.

The example of people dying from hunger is good for others, and suffering from starvation is helpful to make good life's decisions. to many people, I guess it's also needed. All over Europe, I see people making mistakes because the state, the country, governments and all that, prevent them from starving. The world would be better with the risk of starvation above anyone's head.

I thought you mentioned that you hated the State  Tongue In any case I don't need to know the specifics of what you like or dislike, my comment is somewhat more fundamental than that with hate/like/dislike itself being the simplest common denominator. It doesn't matter what you actually like or dislike.
What I've been trying to say is that a counterpart is automatically created when you like something. Whether you want to or are aware of it or not it automatically causes you to dislike something else.
You start with neutrality (or perfect balance). From there any use of force or will automatically causes neutrality to break up into positive negative, love hate, etc.
Humans are conceited, they deny the counterpart created by their use/abuse of power/force/will. Their much lauded "human love" has got a nasty side to it that everyone is happy to brush under the rug. And when it gets too big to be contained, the only recourse is to find a scapegoat imbue it with the malignance and then stone it to death to purge the tension  Cheesy
The more you love the more you hate. The more you chase happiness the harder it is to avoid unhappiness.
AlgoSwan (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

ancap

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 05:14:33 PM

I thought you mentioned that you hated the State  Tongue In any case I don't need to know the specifics of what you like or dislike, my comment is somewhat more fundamental than that with hate/like/dislike itself being the simplest common denominator. It doesn't matter what you actually like or dislike.
What I've been trying to say is that a counterpart is automatically created when you like something. Whether you want to or are aware of it or not it automatically causes you to dislike something else.
You start with neutrality (or perfect balance). From there any use of force or will automatically causes neutrality to break up into positive negative, love hate, etc.
Humans are conceited, they deny the counterpart created by their use/abuse of power/force/will. Their much lauded "human love" has got a nasty side to it that everyone is happy to brush under the rug. And when it gets too big to be contained, the only recourse is to find a scapegoat imbue it with the malignance and then it stone to death to purge the tension  Cheesy
The more you love the more you hate. The more you chase happiness the harder it is to avoid unhappiness.
very much like Zen philosophy. I like it.

Looking to buy a verified betfair account with escrow.
countryfree
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 10:31:47 PM

Cool

Humans are conceited, they deny the counterpart created by their use/abuse of power/force/will. Their much lauded "human love" has got a nasty side to it that everyone is happy to brush under the rug. And when it gets too big to be contained, the only recourse is to find a scapegoat imbue it with the malignance and then it stone to death to purge the tension  Cheesy

Hey, we're not talking about electricity! I like ice-cream, what do I dislike?
I didn't like the state, I didn't like my country, so there was only thing to do, and I did it: I broke up.
I don't fill monthly tax forms anymore (yes, for business). No more grumbling about it, more free time and more money.
I'm happy now. It was when I was a good participating sheep citizen that I was not.

That's what I wish to everyone here, but to many people, the state has become some kind of a religion, and they praise it for enslaving them, even with many not happy about the situation, but they're too afraid to change it.

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1373

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 01:48:49 AM

Cool

Hey, we're not talking about electricity! I like ice-cream, what do I dislike?
I didn't like the state, I didn't like my country, so there was only thing to do, and I did it: I broke up.
I don't fill monthly tax forms anymore (yes, for business). No more grumbling about it, more free time and more money.
I'm happy now. It was when I was a good participating sheep citizen that I was not.

That's what I wish to everyone here, but to many people, the state has become some kind of a religion, and they praise it for enslaving them, even with many not happy about the situation, but they're too afraid to change it.

Chart Of The Day: Lowest Interest Rates In 5000 Years

http://davidstockmanscontracorner.com/chart-of-the-day-lowest-interest-rates-in-5000-years/

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 02:06:17 AM

Four alternatives to holding your savings in a bank

“Global yields lowest in 500 years of recorded history. $10 trillion of neg. rate bonds. This is a supernova that will explode one day.”

Those were the words of famed bond fund manager Bill Gross.

(Gross was actually the first portfolio manager inducted into the Fixed Income Analyst Society's "Hall of Fame". And yes, there really is a hall of fame for that.)

Gross wrote that more than $10 trillion in government bonds actually have NEGATIVE yields, and that interest rates are at the lowest levels in financial history.

For example, the British government just issued its lowest-yielding bonds since 1694.

This has very dangerous implications.

Goldman Sachs recently calculated that a mere 1% rise in US Treasury yields would trigger over $1 trillion in losses, exceeding all the losses from the last crisis.

(Bear in mind that interest rates need to rise by at least 3x that amount just to reach their historic averages… so this is entirely plausible.)

Most of those losses would be suffered by Western banks, the majority of which have insufficient capital to withstand such a major hit.

Read more at https://www.sovereignman.com/trends/four-alternatives-to-holding-your-savings-in-a-bank-19885/.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
countryfree
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 10:31:43 PM

“Global yields lowest in 500 years of recorded history. $10 trillion of neg. rate bonds. This is a supernova that will explode one day.”

(Gross was actually the first portfolio manager inducted into the Fixed Income Analyst Society's "Hall of Fame". And yes, there really is a hall of fame for that.)

Gross wrote that more than $10 trillion in government bonds actually have NEGATIVE yields, and that interest rates are at the lowest levels in financial history.

For example, the British government just issued its lowest-yielding bonds since 1694.

Goldman Sachs recently calculated that a mere 1% rise in US Treasury yields would trigger over $1 trillion in losses, exceeding all the losses from the last crisis.

(Bear in mind that interest rates need to rise by at least 3x that amount just to reach their historic averages… so this is entirely plausible.)

Most of those losses would be suffered by Western banks, the majority of which have insufficient capital to withstand such a major hit.

Read more at https://www.sovereignman.com/trends/four-alternatives-to-holding-your-savings-in-a-bank-19885/.

Cool

Nothing new here.
He should have talked about BTC. And I don't think that storing a lot of cash in your home is a safe thing to do (you may be robbed). Same thing for gold.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 12:31:09 AM

Cool

Nothing new here.
He should have talked about BTC. And I don't think that storing a lot of cash in your home is a safe thing to do (you may be robbed). Same thing for gold.

Yeah. Walk around biting your fingernails in fear. After all, a meteorite might fall out of the sky on your head any time.

The one major problem with Bitcoin is, if the system goes down, Bitcoin probably will too. Gold and silver in hand will still be there. And so will cash in hand, cash... something everyone understands.

Cool

Seansky

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 11:38:18 AM

Well I think bitcoin is designed for everyone not just for stateless societies. Well stateless societies can use it freely though. They can use it for everyday living.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 03:05:20 PM

Well I think bitcoin is designed for everyone not just for stateless societies. Well stateless societies can use it freely though. They can use it for everyday living.

Right. Islamic countries, and countries like China, would like to see their people not have access to the Internet. But it is difficult to stop. Can't stop Bitcoin either. In countries that are not free, Bitcoin is a way to smuggle value in and out. All that the free countries have is money laundering laws.

Roll Eyes

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 08:39:18 AM

Doug Casey Warns Of Crisis This Year:
"We're Going Back Into The Hurricane…

As fears of England leaving the European Union came to a head on voting day, a stunning scene emerged on the streets of London. Though it was completely ignored by the mainstream media, the fact that Brits were lining up in droves in front of gold and silver shops spoke volumes about financial assets of last resort during a real or perceived crisis.

It is within this context that legendary resource investor Doug Casey warns that the hurricane which took the world by storm in 2008 is still a significant threat. While we've spent the last several years in relative peace and calm inside the eye of the storm, we'll be entering the other side of the hurricane wall later this year, says Casey. And as we've seen in London, Greece, and Argentina in the past decade, when financial hurricanes wreak havoc across the economic landscape, the only safe haven to be had is in precious metals:

We're at the start of a really major bull market… This is going to be driven by a lot of things… It's going to take gold a lot higher than most people can imagine at this point.

… I think $5,000 gold will happen at some point because we're looking at a worldwide monetary crisis of historic proportions.

Casey shares his concerns, warnings and strategies in a must-hear interview with Future Money Trends:

Brext to Start Huge Gold Bull Market
to $3,000 per Oz in 2016/2017!
- Legendary Investor Doug Casey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAobIulwA8o

Read more at http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/doug-casey-warns-of-crisis-this-year-were-going-back-into-the-hurricane-gold-will-go-higher-than-most-people-can-imagine_06262016.

abugseuf

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 04:31:11 PM

stateless society is not possible. we cannot think about a society without a state. in present time you cannot see a sing group of people who are living without a society. if we talk about the tribe living in the forest they have also their own society. similarly a time will come when we will not be able to  think about a society with out bitcion.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: