Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:07:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Offering software development services for BTC  (Read 724 times)
helgur (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 03:29:36 PM

I am offering my time as a software developer in exchange for bitcoins. I can code and make native windows/mac/linux executable applications in C/C++ whatever they need networking, database or any other functionality you might prefer. All the applications I make are multithreaded if needed and I strive to make the code as fast and efficient as possible.

My going rate is USD 45 an hour equivalent in bitcoins. For the time being I am only accepting small projects, where I can deliver the product fast and easily calculate a fixed price. Some examples:

* A server which can receive input, sorts input and import the results in a database
* A CGI application
* GUI frontend for a script/routine/command

Send me a PM or email if you are in need of the services I am offering, with a description of your needs and I will come back to you with a fixed price.
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
helgur (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 07:18:36 AM

Well, I haven't seen your code so it is not easy to figure out an estimate. Your code might be velvet to my eyes or a trainwreck that sends me into cardiac arrest just by looking at it Wink

I take it you are using botan for this, so let me have a look at it. If I solve your problem within an hour I'll charge for an hour, within two I'll charge for two hours. If it takes any longer then that is on me. If I don't find a solution it won't cost you anything. Just give me the repository details I can pull the source from and I will get right on it.
helgur (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 02:42:08 PM

As much as I want to help you with it, I am not going to do code for free (as in nickel and dimes) sorry.
idev

Activity: 859
Merit: 1004

BTC OG and designer of the BitcoinMarket.com logo

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 12:43:09 AM

you still available for work ?
helgur (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 01:47:31 PM

Yes, I am Smiley

Send me a description of what you have in mind and I will give you a price quote
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2013, 01:53:03 PM

OP - have you looked at CIYAM Open (http://ciyam.org/open).

We do not do hourly rates but instead fixed BTC prices - but if you have the skills you'll be able to earn in excess of your USD rate fairly easily.

Smiley

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
helgur (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 02:00:28 PM

Thank you very much for the heads up, I'll look closer into that!
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2013, 02:07:00 PM

Thank you very much for the heads up, I'll look closer into that!

No worries - and welcome to PM if you want some further details.

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: