Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 03:43:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Offering software development services for BTC  (Read 727 times)
helgur (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 03:29:36 PM

I am offering my time as a software developer in exchange for bitcoins. I can code and make native windows/mac/linux executable applications in C/C++ whatever they need networking, database or any other functionality you might prefer. All the applications I make are multithreaded if needed and I strive to make the code as fast and efficient as possible.

My going rate is USD 45 an hour equivalent in bitcoins. For the time being I am only accepting small projects, where I can deliver the product fast and easily calculate a fixed price. Some examples:

* A server which can receive input, sorts input and import the results in a database
* A CGI application
* GUI frontend for a script/routine/command

Send me a PM or email if you are in need of the services I am offering, with a description of your needs and I will come back to you with a fixed price.
helgur (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 07:18:36 AM

Well, I haven't seen your code so it is not easy to figure out an estimate. Your code might be velvet to my eyes or a trainwreck that sends me into cardiac arrest just by looking at it Wink

I take it you are using botan for this, so let me have a look at it. If I solve your problem within an hour I'll charge for an hour, within two I'll charge for two hours. If it takes any longer then that is on me. If I don't find a solution it won't cost you anything. Just give me the repository details I can pull the source from and I will get right on it.
helgur (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 02:42:08 PM

As much as I want to help you with it, I am not going to do code for free (as in nickel and dimes) sorry.
idev

Activity: 859
Merit: 1004

BTC OG and designer of the BitcoinMarket.com logo

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 12:43:09 AM

you still available for work ?
helgur (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 01:47:31 PM

Yes, I am Smiley

Send me a description of what you have in mind and I will give you a price quote
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2013, 01:53:03 PM

OP - have you looked at CIYAM Open (http://ciyam.org/open).

We do not do hourly rates but instead fixed BTC prices - but if you have the skills you'll be able to earn in excess of your USD rate fairly easily.

Smiley

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
helgur (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 02:00:28 PM

Thank you very much for the heads up, I'll look closer into that!
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2013, 02:07:00 PM

Thank you very much for the heads up, I'll look closer into that!

No worries - and welcome to PM if you want some further details.

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: