Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:43:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MORE DDoS on Deepbit?  (Read 4685 times)
AngelusWebDesign (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 10:56:09 PM

I thought he had the problem fixed!  Apparently not.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zerohour

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 10:57:32 PM

yep, just went down briefly a few minutes ago....

[Tycho]

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2011, 10:58:29 PM

No DDoSes today.
Those two interruptions were caused by software bug and server restart.

Welcome to my bitcoin mining pool: https://deepbit.net - Both payment schemes (including PPS), instant payout, no invalid blocks !
ICBIT Trading platform : USD/BTC futures trading, Bitcoin difficulty futures (NEW!). Third year in bitcoin business.
AngelusWebDesign (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 11:39:22 PM

I *just* tried starting up one of my miners, and here's the message I got:

[error] (ocl_bitcoin.c:318) Failure connecting and authenticating to server deepbit.net at port 8332!

Why are my other miners still connected, but my main rig can't connect? We're all on the same IP.

Also -- is it possible that I'm getting caught in some kind of anti-DDoS dragnet?

I have several miners here at my location -- is it possible I'm crossing some kind of limit of connections per IP? Did I get caught in some kind of flood control?

Thanks,

Matthew
fsasa70

Activity: 47

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 11:43:04 PM

I *just* tried starting up one of my miners, and here's the message I got:

[error] (ocl_bitcoin.c:318) Failure connecting and authenticating to server deepbit.net at port 8332!

Why are my other miners still connected, but my main rig can't connect? We're all on the same IP.

Also -- is it possible that I'm getting caught in some kind of anti-DDoS dragnet?

I have several miners here at my location -- is it possible I'm crossing some kind of limit of connections per IP? Did I get caught in some kind of flood control?

Thanks,

Matthew

Am getting the same error for some of my cards. Know what the problem is?
AngelusWebDesign (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 11:51:32 PM

Slush's seems to be affected as well.

I think some script kiddies are throwing a tantrum; trying to drive miners away to "lower the difficulty" so they can make money. Idiots!
AngelusWebDesign (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 02:14:12 AM

Did anyone figure this out yet?
[Tycho]

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2011, 03:17:07 AM

No, there is no limit unless you are using same worker credentials on more than 20 workers.

Can you try to ping pit.deepbit.net and tell me what IP address it shows ?

Welcome to my bitcoin mining pool: https://deepbit.net - Both payment schemes (including PPS), instant payout, no invalid blocks !
ICBIT Trading platform : USD/BTC futures trading, Bitcoin difficulty futures (NEW!). Third year in bitcoin business.
jme621

Activity: 360

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 03:54:03 AM

No, there is no limit unless you are using same worker credentials on more than 20 workers.

Can you try to ping pit.deepbit.net and tell me what IP address it shows ?

Basiley

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 03:59:34 AM

aisde posted above A v4 IP, 2nd resolved is 46.4.55.54 in my case.
AngelusWebDesign (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 10:09:04 PM

0 MHash/s     Switching back to http://f1.deepbit.net:8332
0 MHash/s     Couldn't connect to server
Switching to http://f2.deepbit.net:8332
0 MHash/s     Switching back to http://f1.deepbit.net:8332
Switching to http://f2.deepbit.net:8332

Is it possible I need to update my DNS cache?

Because my machine & Internet (router, etc.) has been on for a long time now.
pwnyboy

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 10:16:26 PM

I too have had massive problems with Deepbit over the last 24 hours, many miners die after a few minutes, some won't connect at all and are seemingly banned by IP.  I've switched those to Slush permanently; if I encounter any more issues in the short-term i'll just switch them all.
muyoso

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 12:41:00 AM

Sadly I too had to switch away from deepbit.  Too big of a pain constantly keeping an eye on the miners making sure that they haven't stalled because of connection issues requiring a manual restart.  Switched over to bitcoins.lc and in the last 24 hours have mined nearly 2 bitcoins vs the 1 bitcoin per day I could mine on deepbit.  Not regretting the switch at all now.  Also, no fees either on bitcoins.lc.  No where near as good of a website, but damn I can't argue with the results.

I drink it up!
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 01:00:04 AM

Sadly I too had to switch away from deepbit.  Too big of a pain constantly keeping an eye on the miners making sure that they haven't stalled because of connection issues requiring a manual restart.  Switched over to bitcoins.lc and in the last 24 hours have mined nearly 2 bitcoins vs the 1 bitcoin per day I could mine on deepbit.  Not regretting the switch at all now.  Also, no fees either on bitcoins.lc.  No where near as good of a website, but damn I can't argue with the results.
totally offtopic, but, YAY, less people in deepbit!

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
Capitan

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 01:50:14 AM

Which mining software stalls like this? Sounds like they need to be bug-fixed so they detect the "stalled" state and retry. A main thread spawns worker thread with a built in timeout setting, and if the worker thread hasn't done any work for more time than the timeout setting, kill it and restart it.
Basiley

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 01:57:05 AM
Last edit: June 13, 2011, 02:43:46 AM by Basiley

hardly thats deepbit-specific.
but ironically, DDoS'ing anyone won't matter/help anyway, unless software become solo-mining-friendly and/or work at least[in that mode].
muyoso

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 02:30:08 AM

Which mining software stalls like this? Sounds like they need to be bug-fixed so they detect the "stalled" state and retry. A main thread spawns worker thread with a built in timeout setting, and if the worker thread hasn't done any work for more time than the timeout setting, kill it and restart it.

phoenix

I drink it up!
mrpetem

Activity: 224
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2011, 07:26:11 PM

I cant connect to slushes pool. It says the site was DDoSED and to look at the forum thread but I cant find it. Would be helpful if there was a link on the site to go to...

LudwigDG

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 07:58:55 PM

Well it seems clear that a lot of computer power is entering the network and a lot of pools are having problems.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: