Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:26:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Poloniex bot program for lending section [#### new Release 1.6 version ####]  (Read 7322 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
cesmak (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 08:49:10 PM

mantas and superbit, thanks for your feedback, your ideas are interesting, i will take your suggestion and try to introduce something in the next release, i have to think a bit what could be the best way to introduce, this feature, i accept more suggestions, for example to try to find a balanced number of entries, in other words, we have to find / decide, how many bands/levels to implement 5, 10, how many ?

For your last statement mantas, to create the snapshot, the rate how do you thing has to be calculated, as a weighted average ? because you (when decide to take a snapshot) have a series of orders with different amount and different rates, so what is the "global" rate ?

Cheers

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
superbit

Activity: 763
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 09:41:43 PM

mantas and superbit, thanks for your feedback, your ideas are interesting, i will take your suggestion and try to introduce something in the next release, i have to think a bit what could be the best way to introduce, this feature, i accept more suggestions, for example to try to find a balanced number of entries, in other words, we have to find / decide, how many bands/levels to implement 5, 10, how many ?

For your last statement mantas, to create the snapshot, the rate how do you thing has to be calculated, as a weighted average ? because you (when decide to take a snapshot) have a series of orders with different amount and different rates, so what is the "global" rate ?

Cheers

Yes a weighted average would give you your portfolio snapshot, but like I said, it should give you the rate after the fees on your earnings so you have a true indicator of your annual return.

Then I would make a small column beside 1st low rate, and beside last order rate, that displayed the rate as an annual return.

As for lending bands for number of days I think 3 would be enough, no need to get carried away. 

https://bitfinex.com/?refcode=UInJLQ5KpA <-- leveraged trading of BTCUSD, LTCUSD and LTCBTC (long and short) - 10% discount on fees for the first 30 days with the refcode
My feedback thread: Forum thread
mantas779

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 08:00:50 PM

Cheers

Was just a example, a snapshot,  so yeh we could only know the yearly rate after one year, calculated, as a weighted average.
3 to 5 is fine to start with  x days    setting with min x.xxx  rate 

so if lower then, lets say 0.0600%  max 2 days

Different question for the group:  Do you think that when all BTC in acc. is lended out, there safer, then in the trading account?
Suppose someone breaks in he cant move BTC immediately because there locked in the loans. 
superbit

Activity: 763
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 02:38:39 AM

If they hack into your account then I guess maybe it's safer because lent out BTC couldn't be transferred, but if the exchange is hacked there is no way to know.  As in bitfinex they just divided the losses across all accounts not the exact specific accounts that lost the BTC that was held.

https://bitfinex.com/?refcode=UInJLQ5KpA <-- leveraged trading of BTCUSD, LTCUSD and LTCBTC (long and short) - 10% discount on fees for the first 30 days with the refcode
My feedback thread: Forum thread
Spiffy_1

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 06:00:26 AM

I have two suggestions for the author of this amazxing program.  First, could we get a running tally of total interest since using the bot(probably storing a total in a text file), and setting a set amount of a coin to lend out? Example I only want to lend out .01 dash, so that I can have them come to fruition more often on a rotating scale.  We have a minimum, but not a maximum.  Thanks again for the hard work.  I'm quite enjoying this gem that you've created.

If you like what I've posted, mine for me on whatever algo you like on www.zpool.ca for a minute using my bitcoin address: 1BJJYPRcRPzTEfByCwkeJ8SCBcrnGD1nhL
cesmak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 06:07:08 AM

I have two suggestions for the author of this amazxing program.  First, could we get a running tally of total interest since using the bot(probably storing a total in a text file), and setting a set amount of a coin to lend out? Example I only want to lend out .01 dash, so that I can have them come to fruition more often on a rotating scale.  We have a minimum, but not a maximum.  Thanks again for the hard work.  I'm quite enjoying this gem that you've created.

Hello Spiffy_1, thanks for your suggestions, i will take in consideration for the future release. A part regarding reporting for past activity, was in my mind too, and i will probably start to implement something with the 1.5 release, and also your second suggestion can be implemented too... i will think how to do at best.

Cheers

h3rlihy

Activity: 356
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 06:46:33 AM

Have not been using long but so far seems very good and could be a big time saver. Thanks cesmak Smiley
cesmak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 06:55:47 AM

Have not been using long but so far seems very good and could be a big time saver. Thanks cesmak Smiley

Thank you H3..... Smiley

mantas779

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 01:03:41 PM

Lendingbot 1.4  does his job excellent, especially with the rates last 2 days!!!

I am lending out at 0.0990 % daily   

Wonder if this is a sort of tell!   We will see if rates go higher , must be because of traders take position.
So i would say there is a move coming up in the price of BTC. 

What does the group think?

gr.
cesmak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 01:27:03 PM

The only think i can say is, that more people using automatic programs that try to take rates in the middle, (and don't use the auto renew function (manually) on the site), best is because rates stay less fluctuating, and if there is no hurry to put at first line a loan, it means that we will have better rates for investors..

BTC in particular in the last weeks have rates always above 0.05% and this is nice, but also it depends if the market is active or stagnant, at the moment is active and request for money is flowing, unfortunately when this flow stops or calm down rates goes down we can't do anything against this .....

This is my personal opinion.... Smiley

cesmak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 08:46:45 PM

Started working on the new release 1.5, this is one of the first mod. i made :

Worked on the "Active loans" info window,

https://i.imgur.com/6v2wJZV.png

Look at the bottom of the window, i've added some calculations, mantas, is what you asked ? is it ok ?

Cheers

h3rlihy

Activity: 356
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 05:29:57 AM

Is that average weighted?
cesmak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 09:40:20 AM

Is that average weighted?

Yes H3 the average is weighted by the amount of the rate of every single loan....

greendesk

Activity: 5

View Profile
September 23, 2016, 12:13:25 PM
Last edit: September 23, 2016, 12:33:11 PM by greendesk

Hello, great work!

Keep it on! Wink

regards
cesmak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2016, 12:45:55 PM

Hello, great work!

Keep it on! Wink

regards

Thank You Smiley

Yes, i'm, in developing, of other new features and improvements...

mantas779

View Profile
September 23, 2016, 03:28:59 PM

Cesmak,

Good to see , your busy on it.

I mean something different.

I would like to give a open loan offer,  when interest rates are higher , for example in BTC %0.0999    give it a longer loan duration, as when then interest rate is like BTC  %0.0666

So if there would be like 3 levels of interest %  with different Loan duration as setting

The setting could be like

setting 1    %0.0333    for 2 days
setting 2    %0.0666    for  11 days
setting 3    %0.0999    for   50 days

the program would select the matching loan offer with the corresponding duration on the current interest rate.
If the interest rate would be % 0.0689      the loan offer falls in setting 2 with a duration of 11 days.

Last week the interest rates in BTC were %0.1  and higher,   i would like to give it a longer duration against that kind of rates Smiley

Greetings Mantas

cesmak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2016, 03:36:09 PM

Cesmak,

Good to see , your busy on it.

I mean something different.

I would like to give a open loan offer,  when interest rates are higher , for example in BTC %0.0999    give it a longer loan duration, as when then interest rate is like BTC  %0.0666

So if there would be like 3 levels of interest %  with different Loan duration as setting

The setting could be like

setting 1    %0.0333    for 2 days
setting 2    %0.0666    for  11 days
setting 3    %0.0999    for   50 days

the program would select the matching loan offer with the corresponding duration on the current interest rate.
If the interest rate would be % 0.0689      the loan offer falls in setting 2 with a duration of 11 days.

Last week the interest rates in BTC were %0.1  and higher,   i would like to give it a longer duration against that kind of rates Smiley

Greetings Mantas

About this, i'm working on it too.... in the next days i will post a screenshot of the new improved setting to manage loans, with some extra ideas...

looking trough the past posts, seemed to me, that you also asked to have the APR snap of the active loans....

mantas779

View Profile
September 23, 2016, 03:46:05 PM

Cesmak,

The snapshot was more as example, to take from the current interest rate.

Below a picture of a active loan with 55 days and %0.4823 i put up on 16 sept .  When the interest rate was insane high in BTC.

We could let the program grasp that when there are more levels of settings .

Good to hear your busy on it, i am very exited Smiley
https://i.imgur.com/hCFQtx1.jpg
cesmak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 11:52:46 AM

And here there is the first attempt design for a new page in the program, to manage more accurate settings, for every currency, as some users asked me more functionality.

It's only a UI first design, that still need improvements, no code is written to manage it at the moment. But i will explain how will function when complete, and ask for feedback.

https://i.imgur.com/adbe6We.png

I have decided to have a single profile for every currency managed by the program.

For every currency five levels of inputs (columns) in which (based on 5 different levels of rates) you can set up the minimum order amount to be used at that level and the duration (days to give the loan)

I will put on first level an extra check to permit to leave zero in "min order amount" in this way a user can , for example, decide that under a certain % of rate he will never invest and keep coins idle (if they return from previous loans) until the rates turn up of that threshold. The other four levels permit to change also the number of days for the duration, or you can still use also the first level for that purpose

why i added also the minimum order amount ?

Because in this way i can implement the function to leave coins idle if under a certain level of rate, or, in case of high rates (for example), decide to use lower amounts to speed up orders also for low amounts.

An user in this way can decide, for example, to keep money idle if rate under 0.0050% to use bigger amount loans until rates are relatively low let say from 0.0050% to 0.0300% (for a capital of 5 btc in total, use 0.5 btc minimum to open a new position) and when rates goes from 0.0300% to 0.0700% permit more orders using a minimum amount of 0.3 BTC and above 0.0700% permit to create a new order just when there is 0.1 BTC idle....

This is what i'm thinking about this new feature.

Let me know, please, what you think about this. Thanks

Cheers

mexicantarget
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1043

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 04:53:43 PM

I'm interested to use this tool, but there's an issue. Security.

What kind of stuff does your bot do? Do I have to share private API info?
How do I know your file isn't a malicious file?

Otherwise, looks great. I wanted to write a similar script, browser based Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: