Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:47:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Could a mod look at this member please.  (Read 1241 times)
rizzlarolla (OP)

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 05:13:27 PM
Last edit: June 30, 2016, 07:24:48 PM by rizzlarolla

Carlton Banks. u=64205

This member is clearly (in my mind) spamming, trolling, off topic and possibly threatening.
This is my main evidence, although he has done very similar in other threads.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1520693.0

I have not pm any mod.
Lauda is posting in above thread, (seemingly off topic and in support of Carlton Banks. example below) So I reasonably assume has seen the offending posts.
Has anyone noticed how the 2MB2MB2MB shills never post anywhere except in threads that let them propagate their dev team coup propaganda? You'd think they'd be active all over Bitcoin, seeing as they're such genuine fellas, huh? Grin
I've noticed that. They usually have no contributions in any way or form.

OP of above thread said, "The thread will not be moderated so that I should not be accused as a shill. But I hope troll posts or low intellect posts (usually 1 liners) will be removed by forum moderators."

When I saw this post, off topic one liner,
Maybe if you just repeat yourself 1,000,000 times it will work? Only 999,995 more to go, Frankys. You can do it!

I added this to the end of my post, (which followed above post) to highlight to any watching mod.
(ps, "But I hope troll posts or low intellect posts (usually 1 liners) will be removed by forum moderators." - ^ see above post ^)

(OP had earlier reposted to ask for calm btw)
Calm down folks, I was asking for a civilized debate and then people start namecalling eachother and insults...
We need to debate this stuff with clear minds and calm manner, otherwise it will be only a circus. So be more calm guys!

After Carlton Banks responded back to me, I posted this, (quoting part of his response to me)
and let's start debating this like civilized adults...  I hope troll posts or low intellect posts (usually 1 liners) will be removed by forum moderators.

Die you fucking scumbags
OP, Mods...
(franky I would be very pleased if you dont respond to the goading above. it belittles you. imo)

Followed by Carlton Banks next reply, (in full)
Totally appropriate response to insidious lying manipulative sociopaths that won't let it go. Again: die you piece of shit

I then waited.
I thought mods may take action .
OP posted friendly with Carlton Banks couple times.
Lauda posted.

I then asked more directly. (10 hours ago)
Lauda, is this not off topic, ad hom, shitposting or what?
Does Carlton Banks have immunity to following forum rules?
To which Carlton Banks replied, (he quotes me)
Thought you might have had some ball RealBitcoin and addressed this.
(i suppose you did in many ways by doing 2 posts both in support of Carlton Banks)

I'm legitimately incensed. You're breaking the rules motherfucker: the rules of basic human moral conduct. You can't expect to use lies and deception to manipulate an important human endeavour and not receive vicious push-back. Do you want me step it up a notch with you or something? I've got extra levels of opprobrium, if that's what you want.
And for the love of god: It's not ad hominem when it's true.

There are too many post to be too particular.
Any way, the thread is open for viewing.
OP asked for "debate"
OP, Carlton Banks and Lauda are all small blockers.
Carlton Banks has posted 24 times in the last 3 pages. Many many more times in total over 11 pages. (of 20 posts)
(Franky1 is also posting a lot, but is generally far more on topic, far less offensive)

Some rules being extensively and openly abused.

1. zero or low value, pointless or uninteresting posts or threads.
2. off-topic posts.
3. trolling.
8. threats to inflict bodily harm, death threats. (not quite but..)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2300

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 10:17:45 PM
Last edit: June 30, 2016, 10:44:17 PM by Quickseller

Nothing will be done about him.

[...]Carlton Banks [...] areis (a) [...] small blockers.

Edit: made the quote more relevant to my statement and removed part of the quote.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2016, 10:40:03 PM

Lauda posted. I then asked more directly. (10 hours ago)
That post is off-topic to the OP as well. I declined to respond on the moderation policy within that thread as I have no say in that section. I am neither able to moderate that section nor am I able to ban a member of such a rank (I can only nuke newbies like other patrollers). If you feel like a user is breaking the rules and deserves to be punished accordingly then the best course of action is usually to PM a global moderator with your 'evidence'.

My personal views are irrelevant. Anyhow, there are equally, or worse 'big blockers' who have yet to be banned due to their rule violations (it's definitely not one-sided; most of the staff doesn't even have a (strong9 opinion on this I think).

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Aceanyth

Activity: 119
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 01:54:34 AM

Lauda posted. I then asked more directly. (10 hours ago)
That post is off-topic to the OP as well. I declined to respond on the moderation policy within that thread as I have no say in that section. I am neither able to moderate that section nor am I able to ban a member of such a rank (I can only nuke newbies like other patrollers). If you feel like a user is breaking the rules and deserves to be punished accordingly then the best course of action is usually to PM a global moderator with your 'evidence'.

My personal views are irrelevant. Anyhow, there are equally, or worse 'big blockers' who have yet to be banned due to their rule violations (it's definitely not one-sided; most of the staff doesn't even have a (strong9 opinion on this I think).

I feel good they give you so limited permission. From being here on bitcointalk, I am suprised you even made it up to mod.
Guessing that management wanted to something good and hire a retarded person to get benefits.

Really Lauda check your post from an object point of view, you will know what I mean. Half or full drunk replying here.

Op you seem to be retarded. The first 10 pages is about calling out to mods.
Then you call out to 1 specific mod:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1410211.msg14354754#msg14354754

Looking futher you proof to be an idiot by asking stupid question

This Carlton could be an idiot too. 99% of what he says is bs. Surely a bought account.
No sig. and having more ontopic post then lauda and op combined he can stay. But...

rizzlarolla (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 09:39:26 PM
Last edit: July 02, 2016, 09:50:35 PM by rizzlarolla

Certainly not much interest here.

OK that post was off topic. Compared to Carlton Banks how many? I then posted here, so as not to encourage a continuation of off topic.
I didn't know you were so powerless in that thread, but as staff I thought you would not encourage members to spam ad hom off topic by quoting his nonsense.

As staff you should set some kind of example.
Either follow the rules or get rid of the rules.

Should I pm Hilariousandco?
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 11:37:54 PM

I deeply respect Mr Banks's consistency. I have never received a reply from him that wasn't dripping with contempt and condescension. What a guy.
rizzlarolla (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 11:40:56 PM

To point to what I'm seeing,

2. off-topic posts.

18 of that category of post, from this 1 thread. All in full, no edits from me.
None of these posts mention anything bitcoin.

Franky, get a new job.

You can't be eating well from this one, where's your vitality, man? Please, I'm begging you to do this better than you have been, it's hardly worth my time these days. I expect higher quality BS logic and trolling from you. C'mon, what happened to the old Franky1? (yeah, we know you bought the account years ago and have been aping his "ordinary person" schtick ever since)

lol Franky, you started the personal attacks.

The thing about your personal attacks against you & others? Easily demonstrated as false.

The thing about my personal attacks against you? True. All true. And the truth hurts. And you're hurting. Bad. Lol.

Just need a winged pegasus to fly on while I'm blockchainin', and I'm good to go!

yes jonald, the people demonstrably misrepresenting the truth.

You're one of them, GTFO and take your nasty looking hunchbacked avatar with you, you've already been told

ad hom bs posts

How many times: it's not ad hominem when it's true

Franky, shut up. Reading your posts is such a waste of time, I'm amazed anyone pays you for this poor performance. @Franky's employer: dock his pay or sack him, he's useless

Can you explain Franky2, er, I mean Franky1, how you managed to go to bed after 6:48am GMT, and then started posting again at 9:28 am GMT?

Did you get your full night's sleep, get up, do your 16 hour working day on a working day of the week (because you're just a regular English fella, remember?), then get on bitcointalk to post, all in less than 3 hours? hhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. hmmmmm.

Which means you've been posting since yesterday for ~19 hours straight!? hhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Do you ever get any sleep? Cheesy And if we are to believe your "different time zone right now" story, that puts you 9-10 hours ahead of GMT.... somewhere in South-East Asia?!?!? You speak South East Asian languages, then, huh Franky(s)? Come on, lie to me lol

Or are you an Australian posing as a Brit? Kiwi?

Out and about? "You" have been awake, posting regularly for over 24 hours now, lol. How do you handle this, multiple power-naps in your deskchair? Cheesy

Yes, you may ask.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=65837;sa=showPosts

Well, how do you like that? It's easy to get rid of all these Frankys, just point out that posting at least once every hour for 24 hours straight is just a little implausible for 1 man on his own Grin

(apologies to RealBitcoin, but this sock-puppet legion account known as Franky1 is an absolute plague on bitcointalk)

Come back Frankys, we miss you all! Cheesy

been here all the time.

So you've been awake... how long exactly? What's your secret? Modafinil? Oh no, you're a meth-head, silly me. No wonder your posts about technical matters sound more psychedelic than The Beatles on vacation at Salvador Dali's place Cheesy

All I'm hearing is the same repeating-repeating-repeating tactics that you always use, and my god it's dull. Haven't you got any variation in the way you express yourself?

Maybe if you just repeat yourself 1,000,000 times it will work? Only 999,995 more to go, Frankys. You can do it!

Totally appropriate response to insidious lying manipulative sociopaths that won't let it go. Again: die you piece of shit

Oh and I forgot the most important tactic: repeating-repeating-repeating ^^^

Every one of those arguments has been refuted, and the Frankys know this, but that doesn't stop them from just regurgitating it as and when they need something to eat.

(Franky and his internal sock-puppets, of course, literally do eat their meals through this behaviour, sometimes he puts in >24 hour shifts when the overtime is available lol)

Um, in legible English? I genuinely can't make sense of what you're saying Huh

I will assume you are simply joking and not stooping to the level of Carlton by
accusing those who hold different opinions as scammers.

You are a scammer. You're deceiving people into accepting a damaging proposal you're promoting. Scamming. That makes you a scammer.

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2016, 07:20:58 AM

I didn't know you were so powerless in that thread, but as staff I thought you would not encourage members to spam ad hom off topic by quoting his nonsense.
You can easily see who can moderate what when you overview a section. I did not encourage anything. "They usually have no contributions in any way or form. " - is correct in most cases and thus has nothing to do with ad hominem.

Should I pm Hilariousandco?
Any global moderator will do: hilariousandco, gruez or CyrusV. It might be worth reporting the other participant of that 'interaction' as well.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
rizzlarolla (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 08:50:32 PM

What aren't I getting here?
In a different new thread in meta, for example, people are being praised for reporting posts.

I have not pm'ed any mod, or used the report button, yet, as I have started this thread.

hilariousandco and Cyrus have both posted in meta today.
I thought they would give me a response.
It Looks like no action is being taken at the moment.

Does that mean the posts I have reported here are of an acceptable standard on Bitcointalk?
Are the rules I quoted out dated?

Even the OP of reported thread wanted mods to act against shit posting.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2016, 07:08:36 PM
Last edit: July 05, 2016, 08:29:09 PM by Lauda

What aren't I getting here? In a different new thread in meta, for example, people are being praised for reporting posts.
Yes, for using the report-to-moderator function which helps us locate posts that need handling more quickly.

I have not pm'ed any mod, or used the report button, yet, as I have started this thread.
Sending a PM is usually better, but suit yourself.

hilariousandco and Cyrus have both posted in meta today. I thought they would give me a response. It Looks like no action is being taken at the moment.

Does that mean the posts I have reported here are of an acceptable standard on Bitcointalk?
That does not necessarily have to mean that they have read this thread. They may have read it but are still evaluating the situation. I can't tell you for sure.

They are not.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
rizzlarolla (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 07:48:47 PM
Last edit: July 05, 2016, 08:02:46 PM by rizzlarolla

What aren't I getting here? In a different new thread in meta, for example, people are being praised for reporting posts.
Yes, for using the report-to-moderator function which helps us locate posts that need handling more quickly.

OK. I don't need praise. I have helped very accurately with location via my quoting.
I wasn't looking for Quickly. I was looking for consistency and accuracy.

Sending a PM is usually better, but suit yourself.

Yes ok. maybe i should have pm'ed, but I didn't. That first point of contact has now passed.
This is my first report. It is quite extensive. I felt it too complicated to pm.

hilariousandco and Cyrus have both posted in meta today. I thought they would give me a response. It Looks like no action is being taken at the moment.

That does not necessarily have to mean that they have read this thread. They may have read it but are still evaluation the situation. I can't tell you for sure.

It does not mean 100% absolutely they have read here.
But I'm pretty sure hilarious and Cyrus have read this thread. 98%.
(i wont wont explain fully but look at the posting times and the thread title)
Anyway, you may agree the odds are very likely?

If the issue is being looked into I would expect a communication about that here.

They are not.

OK. So in your opinion as a moderator, (albeit not empowered here) do you see any problem with these reported posts?

I don't pretend to fully understand this forums rules.
But I do think I am illustrating clear breaches of those rules in my posts.
And being shunned.

hilariousandco, or CyrusV. Some reply here please.  Huh

Also,
Carlton has not posted since 1/7.
Is he serving a ban? Is there a way to check?

Maybe he took a reality check.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2016, 08:40:57 PM

It does not mean 100% absolutely they have read here. But I'm pretty sure hilarious and Cyrus have read this thread. 98%. (i wont wont explain fully but look at the posting times and the thread title)
I can't say for certain, I'd assume that they've read it by now (due to the age of the thread).

OK. So in your opinion as a moderator, (albeit not empowered here) do you see any problem with these reported posts?
2. off-topic posts.
3. trolling.
I don't think that either rule 1 or rule 8 have been breached. Keep in mind that the person is making genuine posts (regardless of whether they're positive/negative); I've also not seen signs of any concrete threats in the examples presented. I would say (without a detailed analysis) that the involved parties (in the thread where I've participated) have gone completely off-topic in a sense where they've been just talking to each other and about each other. As far as trolling is concerned, this should not be concluded without analyzing/reading the whole thread(s) as something may seem like trolling when it is taken out of context.

Also, Carlton has not posted since 1/7.  Is he serving a ban? Is there a way to check?
No, he's not and there's no way for normal users to check that.

hilariousandco, or CyrusV. Some reply here please.  
It is still not late to PM either one of them (or grue) and ask for input.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
rizzlarolla (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 09:26:57 PM

I can't say for certain, I'd assume that they've read it by now (due to the age of the thread).

Ok. We both know the chances are they have almost certainly read this thread.
You clearly have not alerted them, as staff on Bitcointalk.

2. off-topic posts.
3. trolling.

I don't think that either rule 1 or rule 8 have been breached. Keep in mind that the person is making genuine posts (regardless of whether they're positive/negative); I've also not seen signs of any concrete threats in the examples presented. I would say (without a detailed analysis) that the involved parties (in the thread where I've participated) have gone completely off-topic in a sense where they've been just talking to each other and about each other. As far as trolling is concerned, this should not be concluded without analyzing/reading the whole thread(s) as something may seem like trolling when it is taken out of context.

So rules 2 and 3 apply. I agree.
You will notice I said well not quite about rule 8. Just showing undesirability in this members general approach and attitude.
The posts seem very rule 1 to me, but ok, off topic trolling is fine.

I would say the other party you speak of (presuming i'm correct) should have stopped trying to explain anything directly to Carlton as it was clear carlton was trolling. (but even you quoted carlton)
However, the other party you speak of (i haven't checked figures) seemed to stay on topic.
(remember, all 18 carlton off topic trolling posts i have listed do not relate in any way to the thread title or direction. they are additional to the possible rule 8 posts)
The other party you speak of was not the only receiver of the offending posts.

Are you kind of saying, it is ok to chat off topic between yourselves?
How does that fit with "Do not post off-topic replies" - Theymos.

Also, Carlton has not posted since 1/7.  Is he serving a ban? Is there a way to check?
No, he's not and there's no way for normal users to check that.

Ok thanks for sharing.

hilariousandco, or CyrusV. Some reply here please.  
It is still not late to PM either one of them (or grue) and ask for input.
[/quote]

We both know they are reading.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2016, 09:31:27 PM
Last edit: July 05, 2016, 11:02:53 PM by Lauda

Why jump to conclusions? I have altered one a few days back but don't recall a direct response to this particular thread as they were quite busy at the time.

So rules 2 and 3 apply. I agree. The posts seem very rule 1 to me, but ok, off topic trolling is fine.
You've said it yourself: "I don't pretend to fully understand this forums rules.". I'm just trying to direct you towards the right direction, those posts would most likely not be removed due to rule 1 and a punishment would definitely not be handed out because of it.

No, it is not. Both are at fault and both broke the rules from my perspective. Whether that deserves a punishment and what kind of punishment is to be determined by global moderators.

I can't know that.

Update: I've sent them another message at the time of writing of this post.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
rizzlarolla (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 09:49:39 PM

Why jump to conclusions? I have altered one a few days back but don't recall a direct response to this particular thread as they were quite busy at the time.

Ah Lauda, thanks.
(then why are we arguing about weather they have seen this issue then? why do I still need to pm?)

So rules 2 and 3 apply. I agree. The posts seem very rule 1 to me, but ok, off topic trolling is fine.
You've said it yourself: "I don't pretend to fully understand this forums rules.". I'm just trying to direct you towards the right direction, those posts would most likely not be removed due to rule 1 and a punishment would definitely not be handed out because of it.

Thanks, you have helped in that direction. As you (kind of said) rule 2 and 3 apply here.

No, it is not. Both are at fault and both broke the rules from my perspective. Whether that deserves a punishment and what kind of punishment is to be determined by global moderators.

There is no way there is two equally off topic trolling posters.
If you think that is the case, maybe you should post your evidence here.

I can't know that.

We both know it is almost certain.
rizzlarolla (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 08:07:35 PM
Last edit: July 08, 2016, 08:29:34 PM by rizzlarolla

"Could a mod look at this member please."

Good call.
Rules for some not for others.
Politics eh? (and a personal snub to me to boot, love from all the mods.)
Loud and clear.

I deeply respect Mr Banks's consistency. I have never received a reply from him that wasn't dripping with contempt and condescension. What a guy.

Carlton seems to be serving a self imposed ban.
Hopefully he is giving this topic some thought.

Seems I did not need the help of these politically restricted, partisan mods, anyway.
aaf-18

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2016, 08:29:25 PM

I guess it works better by reporting specific off-topic post, that would be more convenient for Mod's and you to take appropriate action. Not sure if there's a way to report multiple replies in one go, that might make it easier to report cases like this.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2016, 01:17:10 AM
Last edit: July 09, 2016, 05:48:40 AM by Lauda

Good call.
Rules for some not for others.
Politics eh? (and a personal snub to me to boot, love from all the mods.)
Loud and clear.

Seems I did not need the help of these politically restricted, partisan mods, anyway.
No, stop drawing to conclusions based on your own political bias. The moderators who are able to do something in this situations (or similar ones) are not 'strong' supporters of any implementation from what I've seen. They have avoided participating in those discussions. Just because they may or may not agree with you that does not mean they're biased.

I guess it works better by reporting specific off-topic post, that would be more convenient for Mod's and you to take appropriate action. Not sure if there's a way to report multiple replies in one go, that might make it easier to report cases like this.
Just a big 'no' to this suggestion. There is currently no option to report several posts at once either.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: