Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 07:51:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Luke Jr. @ BFL  (Read 7288 times)
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
March 16, 2013, 02:16:24 AM

Let the "DOG and PONY show" begin...

Tongue

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 16, 2013, 02:25:58 AM

I'm 12 and what's this? Roll Eyes
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 16, 2013, 02:29:35 AM

Luke's blog posts aren't official updates.  Josh still needs to explain to customers what the fuck is going on, but I strongly suspect that update won't come before next week now.

And seriously, the order management system still isn't up and running properly - what the hell does Jody get paid for?  Yeah, ASICs are complicated, yada, yada, yada.  That in no way excuses or explains BFL's ongoing inability to get their customer management software working properly - that should have happened long before shipping time got close and the repeated delays in shipping have given them plenty of extra time to sort it out. 

There doesn't seem to be a whole lot to "celebrate" about Jody's one year anniversary at BFL given that customer service is still a clusterfuck and they still haven't shipped their new product line.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2013, 02:48:28 AM

Luke's blog posts aren't official updates.  Josh still needs to explain to customers what the fuck is going on, but I strongly suspect that update won't come before next week now.

And seriously, the order management system still isn't up and running properly - what the hell does Jody get paid for?  Yeah, ASICs are complicated, yada, yada, yada.  That in no way excuses or explains BFL's ongoing inability to get their customer management software working properly - that should have happened long before shipping time got close and the repeated delays in shipping have given them plenty of extra time to sort it out. 

There doesn't seem to be a whole lot to "celebrate" about Jody's one year anniversary at BFL given that customer service is still a clusterfuck and they still haven't shipped their new product line.

At last count there were seven people in CS, with more to be hired. I know I didn't read that from any of Team Avalon's post/site(s). Don't make me go there to show my cock to Jody's chickens.
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
March 16, 2013, 02:51:11 AM

Pehaps they were celebrating being able to keep BFL customers on the hook for such a long time. I mean 1 year, 9 months....what's the difference right?

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Frizz23

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 16, 2013, 12:04:49 PM

And seriously, the order management system still isn't up and running properly - what the hell does Jody get paid for?

I don't get that either! Just imagine BFL would have shipped back in October 2012 as they initially promised. Can you imagine the chaos?

People that ordered Jalapenos getting Mini Rigs - and vice versa. Their order system is a mess. I just checked today - my order is still not correct.

I still remember one of Jody's updates where she said BFL might skip Christmas holidays because they will be busy assembling our miners. Playing on people's pity. Funny. Not!

As it turned out all bullshit.

Besides playing Minecraft and trolling their own forums: What does BFL staff actually do all day? One could expect that at least their infrastructure would be set up and running by now. Yet nothing has happened.

Butt full of FLies: Incompetence. Inability. Dishonesty.

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2013, 08:15:58 AM

And seriously, the order management system still isn't up and running properly - what the hell does Jody get paid for?

I don't get that either! Just imagine BFL would have shipped back in October 2012 as they initially promised. Can you imagine the chaos?

People that ordered Jalapenos getting Mini Rigs - and vice versa. Their order system is a mess. I just checked today - my order is still not correct.

I still remember one of Jody's updates where she said BFL might skip Christmas holidays because they will be busy assembling our miners. Playing on people's pity. Funny. Not!

As it turned out all bullshit.

Besides playing Minecraft and trolling their own forums: What does BFL staff actually do all day? One could expect that at least their infrastructure would be set up and running by now. Yet nothing has happened.

Butt full of FLies: Incompetence. Inability. Dishonesty.

You're slipping! You missed an opportunity to coin a new word. Care to play again?
Frizz23

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 09:32:11 AM

You're slipping! You missed an opportunity to coin a new word. Care to play again?

Do I really have to state the obvious? Butt Full of Lies?

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 12:17:59 PM

I think he was referring to Inaba-Ill-Ity
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2013, 05:00:44 PM

Grin Grin Grin

Boy, is he slippin'!
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 05:06:59 PM

Hey, that is my copyrighted trademark for Josh! Grin
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2013, 02:10:16 AM

You're Joshin' me, right?
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 02:47:03 AM
Last edit: March 18, 2013, 03:00:47 AM by PuertoLibre

Holy...shit.....

That is genius! It can mean anything:

From your getting hassled to potentially hustled...all the way up to "your lying to me" all the time...all wrapped up in one word.

You ought to sell that on a T-Shit to BFL customers. As well as submit it to the slang dictionary.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2013, 03:36:57 AM

Holy...shit.....

From your getting hassled to potentially hustled...all the way up to "your lying to me" all the time...all wrapped up in one word.

You ought to sell that on a T-Shit to BFL customers. As well as submit it to the slang dictionary.

meowmeowbrowncow

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 04:34:30 AM
Last edit: March 18, 2013, 04:48:36 AM by meowmeowbrowncow

Holy...shit.....

I'll buy 100 for the flash mob in front of BFL Labs or some other annoyingly effective location.

F' it.  If there's a billboard nearby the office I'll just rent it and put 'BFL is shit.'

"Bitcoin has been an amazing ride, but the most fascinating part to me is the seemingly universal tendency of libertarians to immediately become authoritarians the very moment they are given any measure of power to silence the dissent of others."  - The Bible
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 04:03:34 PM

I'm noticing a distinct lack of Luke posting anything but pictures of neon signs.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 04:50:56 PM

The following is a post full of pure speculation:

I'm noticing a distinct lack of Luke posting anything but pictures of neon signs.
Anything else and...it would tip the masses that there is something wrong.  Grin

I just laughed at my own joke....cause it is true. We all probably know it is a clusterfuck behind the scenes. We just don't see anything directly to confirm it.

In the absence of a confirmation there is only "speculation".

=============

When their tester had a bad socket, they went to Plan B.

Plan B: Blindly slap each chip unto the PCB's and pray.

Plan B1: If slapping the chips on the sockets actually works....then program the chips with firmware and hope you can hide bad chips stats from the users who will be receiving them. Overclock as necessary.

Plan C: If too many chips come out defective or under spec. We will send each customer an extra unit to compensate.

For anyone who doesn't believe me about "Plan C", go read the Shout archive for BFL_Josh. In or around 3/10 at 11pm. (If I recall the date correctly)
Isokivi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Items flashing here available at btctrinkets.com

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2013, 04:55:17 PM

Dibs on the neon signs when we go in with pitchforks and torches!
[disclamer] This is a joke my asic lottery ticket allready "won" me a credit card refund (bASIC).

Bitcoin trinkets now on my online store: btc trinkets.com <- Bitcoin Tiepins, cufflinks, lapel pins, keychains, card holders and challenge coins.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2013, 05:01:55 PM

Luke was about to release the following image snapped during Jody's anniversary party...

...but opted otherwise, not wanting to be criticized about hanging around a bunch of tarts.
stevegee58
Legendary

Activity: 916

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 05:07:02 PM

Luke was about to release the following image snapped during Jody's anniversary party...

...but opted otherwise, not wanting to be criticized about hanging around a bunch of tarts.

Those look like Raspberry Pies.

You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: