Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:59:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: who is the most trusted escrow procider in the bitcoin community?  (Read 1793 times)
Anon136 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
March 16, 2013, 04:34:20 PM
Last edit: March 19, 2013, 12:09:29 AM by Anon136

Notice this is a different question from who do you trust the most, i want to know who is the most trusted, generally speaking, by the bitcoin community as a whole.

Feel free to also list those you see as the runner ups.

I'm not just asking out of curiosity im trying to build a business and i actually need to know.

thanks!

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 4610

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 06:07:52 AM

Me.  I trust me the most.  Doesn't everyone trust me the most?
Domrada

Activity: 254
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2013, 06:32:06 AM

Arbiter.

DataTrading
TRADE FORECASTING BY ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
¦
PRE-SALE SPECIAL  30%  BONUS   
Pre sale starts on 11.20.2017 9:00 UTC
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 07:20:27 AM

I wouldn't say everyone...
Anon136 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 09:12:54 PM

Arbiter.

are you telling me its grammatically incorrect to say arbitrator?

If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 10:15:03 PM

No one is. That is the whole point of bitcoin.

more or less retired.
Severian

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 10:17:03 PM

What a coincidence! I trust me the most too.
nwbitcoin

Activity: 294

You are a geek if you are too early to the party!

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2013, 10:22:10 PM

maybe you might get some more sense if you post some suggestions.

MTGOX
BTC-E
Butterfly labs
bitpay
etc

At the moment, the market is too small for me to really know who I trust the most.

There are a few names on bitcointalk that seem to talk sense.  There are a few sites that I know are unlikely to cause me problems, like Blockchain.info.

I guess the best way to move this forward is to do a multi stage poll like was done recently for the tagline.

*Image Removed*
I use Localbitcoins to sell bitcoins for GBP by bank transfer!
Bugpowder

Activity: 394

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 01:33:20 AM

Notice this is a different question from who do you trust the most, i want to know who is the most trusted, generally speaking, by the bitcoin community as a whole.

Feel free to also list those you see as the runner ups.

I'm not just asking out of curiosity im trying to build a business and i actually need to know.

thanks!

This is why there is a Web of Trust database

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratings.php

Anon136 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 10:13:21 AM

thanks for the input guys. I thought maybe there was someone who was particularly trusted around here who i may be able to partner with to provide escrow to my customers. if not than its not a huge deal, my customers will simply have to learn to trust me.

MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 10:23:10 AM

thanks for the input guys. I thought maybe there was someone who was particularly trusted around here who i may be able to partner with to provide escrow to my customers. if not than its not a huge deal, my customers will simply have to learn to trust me.

Perhaps you don't understand how escrow works. Who'd trust your partner as an escrow agent?

Anyway, see here.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Anon136 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 10:44:00 AM
Last edit: March 19, 2013, 12:08:31 AM by Anon136

Perhaps you don't understand how escrow works. Who'd trust your partner as an escrow agent?

Anyway, see here.

if my partner was gaven anderson probably a few people. Of course thats an exaggeration but idk as a more realistic example Casascis seems to be pretty trusted, he may be a better example, he could in theory be saving all the private keys he puts on his coins but people buy casascis coins anyway.

im perfectly open to the possibility that this simply wont work. i just thought i should check because my customers would probably appreciate such an option if it was possible for me to provide it.

anyway thanks for taking a look mpoe-pr. I read your post there, i seem to fit all of the criteria except i have a weak otc rating although i have a few steady customers already, ill just have to try to track them down and get them to rate my otc handle!

DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 4610

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 06:30:56 PM
Last edit: March 19, 2013, 02:41:48 PM by DannyHamilton

Ah, you hadn't mentioned that you were looking for escrow providers.  If you had just said so in the beginning, you'd probably have gotten more useful answers.  Have you seen this Escrow List thread yet?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=108716.0
DannyM

Activity: 275

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 07:20:06 PM

I would say nanotube. Nanotube held the funds for Trendon Shavers' bet with Vandroiy regarding ponzi payments, and has the freenode channel #bitcoin-court where several voluntary resolutions have been worked out.
kokjo
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

You are WRONG!

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 07:22:31 PM

ME!

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 09:37:51 PM

I would say nanotube. Nanotube held the funds for Trendon Shavers' bet with Vandroiy regarding ponzi payments, and has the freenode channel #bitcoin-court where several voluntary resolutions have been worked out.

The fee was 50 BTC if memory serves.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Anon136 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 12:11:51 AM

Ah, you hadn't mentioned that you were looking for escrow providers.  If you had ust said so in the beginning, you'd probably have gotten more useful answers.  Have you seen this Escrow List thread yet?

ooh thanks. John the dong is a moderator here on the forms, someone like that would probably work quite nicely.

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 03:35:55 AM

This. I'm working to beat him though - largest amount in one go so far was only 2200BTC.  Wink

Ah, you hadn't mentioned that you were looking for escrow providers.  If you had ust said so in the beginning, you'd probably have gotten more useful answers.  Have you seen this Escrow List thread yet?

ooh thanks. John the dong is a moderator here on the forms, someone like that would probably work quite nicely.

PS: I've changed the johnthedong pseudonym as it sounds wrong.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 03:49:14 AM

... It took you that long?  Huh  Tongue

(+1 on John)
Woodcock36

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 03:52:01 AM

This. I'm working to beat him though - largest amount in one go so far was only 2200BTC.  Wink

Ah, you hadn't mentioned that you were looking for escrow providers.  If you had ust said so in the beginning, you'd probably have gotten more useful answers.  Have you seen this Escrow List thread yet?

And here the only reason I trusted you is because you shared a phallic namesake.....smh, my whole life is a lie. Tongue

worthless post is worthless.

Tip me for glory!: 1FKppwEjrenyhNXC9AHobgtuCcBTSLdnzY
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: