Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:00:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Are you sick of Monero trollers?
Yes! - 21 (34.4%)
Of course! - 10 (16.4%)
Who wouldn't be? - 7 (11.5%)
It really is harming their coins reputation... - 23 (37.7%)
Total Voters: 44

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Time to end the XMR vs DASH battle: Confessions of a Dash Enthusiast  (Read 7393 times)
TheDashGuy (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2016, 10:26:13 PM
Last edit: July 04, 2016, 10:40:20 PM by TheDashGuy

Time to end the XMR vs DASH battle: Confessions of a Dash supporter, troll and critic.

There has long been a feud between Monero & Dash, as well as among Monero and the rest of the crypto space.. but lets take a step back. I started researching Bitcoin back in 2010, and finally jumped in mid 2011, because I saw a way to become unbanked, I saw a way to help push the world forward, and most of all, I saw a way to give children (one day) a better life than I had, with more freedoms, less taxes and more life overall in general. I'm not here to make a quick buck, I'm here to help fix the world. Let's get that cleared up right away. (feel free to verify this inside the Dash community)

This was the beginning of my obsession with the crypto space, the blockchain and decentralization overall.. after a few years I realized what faults Bitcoin really had that didn't seem to be on anyones roadmap to getting fixed, so I started looking for Bitcoin 2.0, I spent quite a few months last year digging through BTCtalk, forums, social media and in IRC channels. I found quite a few wonderfully ingenious ideas that I wasn't sure would take off in the process, but at the end of it all I settled on adding Dash to my portfolio (yes I know all about the instamine, not here to discuss that, I'm here to discuss why I never found out about, nor care about Monero and why I believe that is the case). And I hope after reading this the Monero trolls will calm their asses down...because the only reason this story is being written is out of the pure hilarity of it. Otherwise I would have just kept it to myself and giggled all the way to the bank!

Anyways, I'm not the best writer as you can see, so I will just jump right in to the funnies and life lessons.

Trolling is bad, useless & waste of everyones time. (unless you are me)
We all know Monero loves to troll the rest of the communities out there in an effort to claw up some more exposure, and while I will give them props for thier ability to mobilize quickly, I would go as far to say these tactics are harming Monero overall in the long run. Having Monero supporters planted everywhere in an almost NSA like effort to infiltrate the crowd, is NOT what crypto is about, crypto is about pushing the world forward, whether that's with Bitcoin, Monero, Dash, or even Litecoin I couldn't care less. I just want us to succeed as a whole, I want to live in a (more) decentralized world where I'm not someone's corporate slave, and sadly Monerobros, you guys are helping ruin that entire idea with your tactless trolling and attacking of anyone/everyone in this space.

Most children only learn a lesson by experiencing it for themselves and extrapolating that lesson, let's apply this to Monero trolls.

The Monerobros as of late have taken notice of my scolding some Dash core team members (on the Dash forums) and thought it would be a good idea to quote me and create threads about how awesomely honest I am and how they would love me in their monerobro crew.. so me being the jokester I am thought it would be funny to drop by the "Dashnation civil war" war thread and joke around, little did I know MONERO HAS THE MOST GULLIBLE CROWD IN CRYPTO! After posting my funny post, people started suggesting I was a fake and to post proof on the Monero Subreddit on TheDashGuy reddit account, so I did. Then I proceeded to play this angle for a few hours walking a very fine line between having "quit" Dash to supposedly becoming a "Monero convert", within hours I had started receive some donations and at first it was merely just fun and games, then eventually hit 9 XMR, 30 XMR, 240 XMR.. then finally 300 XMR  I will be using your funds to fund DashNation content and I am super greatful some of you have such a good heart, regardless of this, I still have to make a point about how this type of attitude is being wasted in your community, you guys spend so much time arguing, shaming, bitching & trolling that you don't have anytime left over to actually grow your coin! It's craziness I tell you!

Toxicity is bad for everyone.  And bad for Crypto!
Noone listens to you or takes you seriously anyways, I should know. And let me be clear, I have nothing against Monero as a currency, but I do despise FUD, and the general being an ass without a cause. If you have to be rude to get your point across, maybe do more research on your point and come back with a better argument? Trolling will do nothing but further ruin Monero's reputation, so get it under control or face a backlash of enormous effects from the entire crypto world when everyone collectively gets sick of this.

Some screens for added effect:

This is some of the $120 given out in the Dash Slack
https://imgur.com/wW5LnJl

This is some of all the lovely tips I received for "defecting from Dash" (which never happened, they just cherry picked me blowing up on core team of disagreements and quitting the Dash forums to better spend my time supporting Dash than arguing with a stupid member there all the time)
https://imgur.com/cdk4zrs

This is some of the donations about to rain on all the online members of the Slack channel! They loved it!
https://imgur.com/SE8ga1n

You guys have a very nice community aside from the trolls from what I can tell, so do something about it before those trolls take you down with them. I for one don't see a point in all this infighting between coins, we are all here for the same reason, the reason I stated I am here, to change the world. And we cannot do that divided, so stop trolling and start hugging!

TLDR:
If any of you are tired of the unhealthy trolling behavior, maybe look into a coin like Dash that is advancing crypto, as you guys may notice we often keep our heads down and keep marching forward, something more cryptos should be doing, not this crap. And sidenote; Monero fellas are quite gullible: Noone quit Dash for Monero, Sorry! I may have issues with certain aspects of the currency, but I'm still here, working my ass off for it. I hope to improve and fix the issues I see, not cry and bitch until I get bored and move on. We should all try being a little nicer to one another around here and stop throwing shit around all day, it stinks!

Sincerely,
A Crypto Evangelist since 2011

oh and here's some links for fun and historical purposes:

This thread is why I did this:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1534087.0 ( I run DashNation LOL & there is no "civil war", just more trolling.)

These threads were funny:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/4qyi33/someone_owes_me_fanboy_tips/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/4qywbx/what_are_moneros_pain_points_marketing_design/

Some people inspired to participate with my funnies:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/4r2oq9/am_done_with_dash_seriously/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/4r0tso/i_was_into_dash_but/

Grin Wink Roll Eyes Tongue Grin Cheesy

Oh and go checkout DashNation the website everyone! http://www.dashnation.com/

edit: Enjoy the 4th of July Fireworks everyone! Off to a BBQ I go!
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rangedriver

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 10:33:55 PM

Predictable.
phishead

Activity: 1873
Merit: 840

Keep what's important, and know who's your friend

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2016, 10:41:00 PM

I'm confused... If we are trolling, then what are you doing? Just being a dick?
TheDashGuy (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2016, 10:53:03 PM

Showcasing that trolling is going to cost and does nothing but hurt peoples feelings and hurt crypto as a whole.

And yes this was a dickmove, clearly.

morale of the story, stop trolling before it costs Monero a whole lot more than $600-$700 USD...
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2016, 10:59:41 PM

Time to end the XMR vs DASH battle: Confessions of a Dash supporter, troll and critic.

There has long been a feud between Monero & Dash, as well as among Monero and the rest of the crypto space.. but lets take a step back. I started researching Bitcoin back in 2010, and finally jumped in mid 2011, because I saw a way to become unbanked, I saw a way to help push the world forward, and most of all, I saw a way to give children (one day) a better life than I had, with more freedoms, less taxes and more life overall in general. I'm not here to make a quick buck, I'm here to help fix the world. Let's get that cleared up right away. (feel free to verify this inside the Dash community)

This was the beginning of my obsession with the crypto space, the blockchain and decentralization overall.. after a few years I realized what faults Bitcoin really had that didn't seem to be on anyones roadmap to getting fixed, so I started looking for Bitcoin 2.0, I spent quite a few months last year digging through BTCtalk, forums, social media and in IRC channels. I found quite a few wonderfully ingenious ideas that I wasn't sure would take off in the process, but at the end of it all I settled on adding Dash to my portfolio (yes I know all about the instamine, not here to discuss that, I'm here to discuss why I never found out about, nor care about Monero and why I believe that is the case). And I hope after reading this the Monero trolls will calm their asses down...because the only reason this story is being written is out of the pure hilarity of it. Otherwise I would have just kept it to myself and giggled all the way to the bank!

Anyways, I'm not the best writer as you can see, so I will just jump right in to the funnies and life lessons.

Trolling is bad, useless & waste of everyones time. (unless you are me)
We all know Monero loves to troll the rest of the communities out there in an effort to claw up some more exposure, and while I will give them props for thier ability to mobilize quickly, I would go as far to say these tactics are harming Monero overall in the long run. Having Monero supporters planted everywhere in an almost NSA like effort to infiltrate the crowd, is NOT what crypto is about, crypto is about pushing the world forward, whether that's with Bitcoin, Monero, Dash, or even Litecoin I couldn't care less. I just want us to succeed as a whole, I want to live in a (more) decentralized world where I'm not someone's corporate slave, and sadly Monerobros, you guys are helping ruin that entire idea with your tactless trolling and attacking of anyone/everyone in this space.

Most children only learn a lesson by experiencing it for themselves and extrapolating that lesson, let's apply this to Monero trolls.

The Monerobros as of late have taken notice of my scolding some Dash core team members (on the Dash forums) and thought it would be a good idea to quote me and create threads about how awesomely honest I am and how they would love me in their monerobro crew.. so me being the jokester I am thought it would be funny to drop by the "Dashnation civil war" war thread and joke around, little did I know MONERO HAS THE MOST GULLIBLE CROWD IN CRYPTO! After posting my funny post, people started suggesting I was a fake and to post proof on the Monero Subreddit on TheDashGuy reddit account, so I did. Then I proceeded to play this angle for a few hours walking a very fine line between having "quit" Dash to supposedly becoming a "Monero convert", within hours I had started receive some donations and at first it was merely just fun and games, then eventually hit 9 XMR, 30 XMR, 240 XMR.. then finally 300 XMR  I will be using your funds to fund DashNation content and I am super greatful some of you have such a good heart, regardless of this, I still have to make a point about how this type of attitude is being wasted in your community, you guys spend so much time arguing, shaming, bitching & trolling that you don't have anytime left over to actually grow your coin! It's craziness I tell you!

Toxicity is bad for everyone.  And bad for Crypto!
Noone listens to you or takes you seriously anyways, I should know. And let me be clear, I have nothing against Monero as a currency, but I do despise FUD, and the general being an ass without a cause. If you have to be rude to get your point across, maybe do more research on your point and come back with a better argument? Trolling will do nothing but further ruin Monero's reputation, so get it under control or face a backlash of enormous effects from the entire crypto world when everyone collectively gets sick of this.

Some screens for added effect:

This is some of the $120 given out in the Dash Slack

This is some of all the lovely tips I received for "defecting from Dash" (which never happened, they just cherry picked me blowing up on core team of disagreements and quitting the Dash forums to better spend my time supporting Dash than arguing with a stupid member there all the time)

This is some of the donations about to rain on all the online members of the Slack channel! They loved it!

You guys have a very nice community aside from the trolls from what I can tell, so do something about it before those trolls take you down with them. I for one don't see a point in all this infighting between coins, we are all here for the same reason, the reason I stated I am here, to change the world. And we cannot do that divided, so stop trolling and start hugging!

TLDR:
If any of you are tired of the unhealthy trolling behavior, maybe look into a coin like Dash that is advancing crypto, as you guys may notice we often keep our heads down and keep marching forward, something more cryptos should be doing, not this crap. And sidenote; Monero fellas are quite gullible: Noone quit Dash for Monero, Sorry! I may have issues with certain aspects of the currency, but I'm still here, working my ass off for it. I hope to improve and fix the issues I see, not cry and bitch until I get bored and move on. We should all try being a little nicer to one another around here and stop throwing shit around all day, it stinks!

Sincerely,
A Crypto Evangelist since 2011

oh and here's some links for fun and historical purposes:

This thread is why I did this:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1534087.0 ( I run DashNation LOL & there is no "civil war", just more trolling.)

These threads were funny:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/4qyi33/someone_owes_me_fanboy_tips/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/4qywbx/what_are_moneros_pain_points_marketing_design/

Some people inspired to participate with my funnies:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/4r2oq9/am_done_with_dash_seriously/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/4r0tso/i_was_into_dash_but/

Grin Wink Roll Eyes Tongue Grin Cheesy

Oh and go checkout DashNation the website everyone! http://www.dashnation.com/

edit: Enjoy the 4th of July Fireworks everyone! Off to a BBQ I go!

The force is strong with this one.

Yes, Dash Nation is stronger than ever, many people interested in checking out all of the innovation Dash has to offer. The building of a strong community around Dash is my passion, and it's good to see more people contributing to the cause daily. Thanks for helping me build a nice site to cultivate my vision.

phishead

Activity: 1873
Merit: 840

Keep what's important, and know who's your friend

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2016, 11:07:09 PM

Showcasing that trolling is going to cost and does nothing but hurt peoples feelings and hurt crypto as a whole.

And yes this was a dickmove, clearly.

morale of the story, stop trolling before it costs Monero a whole lot more than $600-$700 USD...

So you are being a dick, AKA being a troll, in order to show us that trolling is going to cause us Monero supporters to lose money... ? Brilliant.
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2016, 11:13:50 PM

Can't believe they paid TheDashGuy 300XMR to try convert him haha.
I'll start the bidding on the puppy's services at 1,000 XMR. (Monero Nation?  Grin Nah, doesn't have the same ring to it...)

CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 11:15:23 PM

I think both are innovative and useful in their own ways. I agree that intra-cryptocurrency trolling is counterproductive to the ideal end game.
rangedriver

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 11:16:01 PM

One of the fundamental properties of junk mail is to ensure that it is sufficiently riddled with poor spelling and grammar, thus making only the very stupid fall for the underlying scam.

Dash kinda functions in a similar manner. If you look at the Dash userbase - that is to say those Dash users that have not deserted - it is only really the very stupid that remain.

Thus, it functions as a kind of of Hornet's Nest operation - a "Dash trap" ensuring that only the very stupid users are waving the flag, bringing new stupid users in, and consequently allowing for an environment where the userbase are prisoners of their own stupidity. The effect of their stupidity ensures that they are unable to discern the qualifications of a good/bad project, thus keeping them all trapped together in perpetuity.

The plus side is though that it effectively quarantines all the unintelligent users together and keeps them from escaping into better projects where they might allow their dysfunctional idiocy to spread.
itscrazy

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2016, 11:18:00 PM

I think both are innovative and useful in their own ways. I agree that intra-cryptocurrency trolling is counterproductive to the ideal end game.
Agree with you, I have nothing against Monero, other than their trolls that constantly hang on other coins forums trolling other communities.

TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2016, 11:20:38 PM

Amen, brother. There is plenty of world GDP for a lot of currencies simultaneously. Let's not waste our resources with infighting, when there is a bigger target to conquer.

One of the fundamental properties of junk mail is to ensure that it is sufficiently riddled with poor spelling and grammar, thus making only the very stupid fall for the underlying scam.

Dash kinda functions in a similar manner. If you look at the Dash userbase - that is to say those Dash users that have not deserted - it is only really the very stupid that remain.

Thus, it functions as a kind of of Hornet's Nest operation - a "Dash trap" ensuring that only the very stupid users are waving the flag, bringing new stupid users in, and consequently allowing for an environment where the userbase are prisoners of their own stupidity.

This means that the effect of their stupidity ensures that they are unable to discern the qualifications of a good/bad project, thus keeping them all trapped together in perpetuity. The plus side is though that it effectively quarantines all the unintelligent users together and keeps them from escaping into better projects where they might allow their dysfunctional idiocy to spread.

Exceptional hypothesis. Too bad I didn't understand a word of that unsubstantiated crap, as I am too stupid.  Roll Eyes

fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2016, 11:22:18 PM

I don't get it. There was a predictable level of schadenfreude from some in the community, but you certainly were not glorified nor vilified. Perhaps you can explain the "life lessons" you were trying to teach?

Do you think if someone came to the Dash subreddit, and said they were quitting Monero, the reaction would be different?

If any of you are tired of the unhealthy trolling behavior, maybe look into a coin like Dash that is advancing crypto, as you guys may notice we often keep our heads down and keep marching forward, something more cryptos should be doing, not this crap.

By your own claim in this thread, the individual members of a cryptocurrency's community are inseparable from the cryptocurrency itself. Thus, I present to you the very basis for Dash "advancing crypto[graphy]" -

blockchains are not secured by math, they are secured by code which is not the same as "math". It is a particular coder's idea of math which can be anything they see fit to type out on a whim.

I look forward to Dash's peer-reviewed white papers that contain no mathematics.

TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2016, 11:32:39 PM

I look forward to Dash's peer-reviewed white papers that contain no mathematics.
And I look forward to Monero's leaders standing up and publicly denouncing the wretched behaviour of their band of trolls that serve to make all of crypto look bad, not to mention hold Monero back. Alas, that will never happen either.

We need to end this. I'm definitely not the only one who feels this way. I hope you are in agreement on that point.

aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 11:37:44 PM

Thus, it functions as a kind of of Hornet's Nest operation - a "Dash trap" ensuring that only the very stupid users are waving the flag, bringing new stupid users in, and consequently allowing for an environment where the userbase are prisoners of their own stupidity. The effect of their stupidity ensures that they are unable to discern the qualifications of a good/bad project, thus keeping them all trapped together in perpetuity.

This kind of sense of superiority and condescension towards (all) other alt communities.

This is what makes Monero as a community so despicable.
rangedriver

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 11:41:54 PM

This kind of sense superiority and condescension towards (all) other alt communities.

This is what makes Monero as a community so despicable.

Some people say Monero has an arrogant community. I can live with that.

Ultimately, if I'm pushing millions round markets, I just need to know that the system works and isn't founded on heaps of bullshit. I don't give a flying fuck how arrogant the community is, providing they have a modicum of objectivity and are demonstrably fair.
itscrazy

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2016, 11:43:52 PM

And I look forward to Monero's leaders standing up and publicly denouncing the wretched behaviour of their band of trolls that serve to make all of crypto look bad, not to mention hold Monero back. Alas, that will never happen either.

We need to end this. I'm definitely not the only one who feels this way. I hope you are in agreement on that point.
Yup, Dash and Monero could be strong together rather than weak and apart. I for one would never look to invest in Monero purely because of their communities behaviour. It is not a good look when the leader of Monero doesn't try to stop the incredible amount of trolling committed by his community.
Call off the troops Fluffy and instead pay them to help push Monero forward. Attacking others just loses you all credibility and gets you no where.

rangedriver

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 11:47:49 PM

Call off the troops Fluffy and instead pay them to help push Monero forward.

This sentence sums up exactly why Dash users will never understand the concept of decentralization.
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2016, 11:47:59 PM

I will absolutely not denounce anyone. They are intelligent individuals who are welcome to say whatever they want. If I am to denounce them because they are critical of some other project, where does that end? What if some community members decide they don't like sushi, which I love - should I denounce them too? What if they have different moral beliefs, or religious beliefs, or they don't love dogs as much as I do?

Your call for "Monero's leaders" (such as they exist) to denounce members of the community for this is a disgusting attack on free speech.

itscrazy

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2016, 11:50:46 PM

I will absolutely not denounce anyone. They are intelligent individuals who are welcome to say whatever they want. If I am to denounce them because they are critical of some other project, where does that end? What if some community members decide they don't like sushi, which I love - should I denounce them too? What if they have different moral beliefs, or religious beliefs, or they don't love dogs as much as I do?

Your call for "Monero's leaders" (such as they exist) to denounce members of the community for this is a disgusting attack on free speech.
It's kinda not free speech when you pay them to troll others.
Nice try though.

TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2016, 11:53:40 PM

Ok, fair enough. Let me ask YOU this, then. Do you condone the behaviour of these individuals? Do you think that is the direction that Monero (and crypto as a whole) should be taking? I've got my Twitter account waiting for your answer, either way...

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: