Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:53:18 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Future of Altcoin Mining  (Read 4904 times)
MellowFellow (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 08:12:30 PM

I've heard people mentioning that Ethereum won't be profitable for much longer. If so, what would the next likely altcoin to mine be? Also, what would be the best rig for a beginner miner be, in regards to an asic vs gpu setup?
greenuser

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Marie Curie, 2 x Nobel Prizes Physics & Chemistry

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 10:24:27 AM

Use this......  https://www.whattomine.com

I am currently fliting between eth and feather depending which is top of the leader board. However, what is left of the CPU power on the rig is being used to mine Groestl.

So 2 coins on 1 rig!

Eth is running out of time, getting too big too, wow those DAG files! soon PoS, and the price, hmmmm... and its connection with the DAO  Angry
feathercoin looks ok, ASIC resistant on neoscrypt   Wink
Groestl seems to run in the background with a bit of CPU throtling and seems to be just as efficent on CPU as GPU.

I'm still looking for best ways to cash out, as i like to cash out once per month from Altcoin to either Gold or bitcoin.....  And in the case of eth.... im so glad i did.  I was only holding 0.119 eth when the DAO was hacked so i got to keep my shirt.  And I enjoied 3 -4 months of very profitable mining, sh*t myself when the electric bill came though.

Things are changing....  Lets see what happens after the bitcoin price doubling Cool  £300 two months ago.... £600 in two months time.

I'm interested to see what others plan on doing with their GPUs after ethereum.

MellowFellow (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 03:46:20 PM

Use this......  https://www.whattomine.com

I am currently fliting between eth and feather depending which is top of the leader board. However, what is left of the CPU power on the rig is being used to mine Groestl.

So 2 coins on 1 rig!

Eth is running out of time, getting too big too, wow those DAG files! soon PoS, and the price, hmmmm... and its connection with the DAO  Angry
feathercoin looks ok, ASIC resistant on neoscrypt   Wink
Groestl seems to run in the background with a bit of CPU throtling and seems to be just as efficent on CPU as GPU.

I'm still looking for best ways to cash out, as i like to cash out once per month from Altcoin to either Gold or bitcoin.....  And in the case of eth.... im so glad i did.  I was only holding 0.119 eth when the DAO was hacked so i got to keep my shirt.  And I enjoied 3 -4 months of very profitable mining, sh*t myself when the electric bill came though.

Things are changing....  Lets see what happens after the bitcoin price doubling Cool  £300 two months ago.... £600 in two months time.

I'm interested to see what others plan on doing with their GPUs after ethereum.

Would you mind sharing what kind of rig you have or how many coins you mine in a given week?

And what was your electric bill? O.o
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 04:10:39 PM

there is no altcoin that can absorb the network of eth, as soon as ethereum will die all other will be utterly unprofitable

the good part is that people will begin to sell their gpu and the overall network will reduce its hashrate

this time i'm not incline to say that we will face anothee 1 year with bad profit like it was for 2014-2015, because i'm sure bitcoin will skyrocket even mroe making everything profitable in any case
Rastanan

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 04:36:33 PM

there is no altcoin that can absorb the network of eth, as soon as ethereum will die all other will be utterly unprofitable

the good part is that people will begin to sell their gpu and the overall network will reduce its hashrate

this time i'm not incline to say that we will face anothee 1 year with bad profit like it was for 2014-2015, because i'm sure bitcoin will skyrocket even mroe making everything profitable in any case

But the bitcoin price skyrocket has nothing to do with the altcoin miners. It will just make them earn fewer bitcoins.
Tmdz

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 02:41:35 AM

Even just 1% of the Eth hashrate will kill the mining profit on those clones.

There honestly isn't that much on the horizon for future mining aside from some speculation in newish coins that might have some decent tech behind them.  Eth will go pos eventually but even that is debatable being so much investor confidence has been lost and they have some of those problems to take care of before pos is an option.

If you build a rig, you really wont make all that much being so late to the party but on the other hand it could be worth it.  If you do decide to mine, simply enjoy the profits while they last.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 07:02:06 AM

Eth clones will likely absorb Eth hashrate.

only if they pump them to 10x, not sure if this will happen

actually i don't care about etheruem i'm mining something else
virasisog

Activity: 1820
Merit: 537

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 07:29:24 PM

Eth clones will likely absorb Eth hashrate.

only if they pump them to 10x, not sure if this will happen

actually i don't care about etheruem i'm mining something else

If the Ethereum dies due to fundamental bugs, how can the Ethereum clones survive? People will also lose confidence.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 672

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 03:41:42 PM

Maybe Monero (XMR) can be the replacement of Ethereum. Almost the same structure of BTC. I have seen it rise from 1.47 $ a coin to 1.95$  as of today. You can try mining it right now with MinerGate Smiley
Batelk

Activity: 216

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 04:58:28 PM

Maybe Monero (XMR) can be the replacement of Ethereum. Almost the same structure of BTC. I have seen it rise from 1.47 $ a coin to 1.95$  as of today. You can try mining it right now with MinerGate Smiley

The development of the Monero is not active. It is a botnet coin, good for the computer hackers. So no good community.

ZenCash Conducting Private Transactions Worldwide Completely
Discord -------- ANN Thread -------- Blog -------- Telegram  --------  Forum -------- Twitter
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 05:08:12 PM

I think its very hard to know what will be happen in the future if ethereum will be not profitable in the future.. i think you can choose many premined in coinmarketcap where you can  choose old altcoin that still alive as of now..
And if you want to choose what setup you want better to choose gpu mining instead of asic.. gpu is better for me to mine..

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
virasisog

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 12:33:34 PM

I think its very hard to know what will be happen in the future if ethereum will be not profitable in the future.. i think you can choose many premined in coinmarketcap where you can  choose old altcoin that still alive as of now..
And if you want to choose what setup you want better to choose gpu mining instead of asic.. gpu is better for me to mine..

The old coin still alive will be the Feather coin. But the market cap is too small. If 1% of Eth miners mines it, it will be dead.
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 03:16:11 PM

The old coin still alive will be the Feather coin. But the market cap is too small. If 1% of Eth miners mines it, it will be dead.
Better to choose well known to mined like dogecoin or monero..I think ethereum still halving issue so if ethereum will be gone what do you think the best to mine those 2 is my choice monero or dogecoin..
jk_14
Legendary

Activity: 1292
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 03:55:08 PM

I think its very hard to know what will be happen in the future if ethereum will be not profitable in the future.. i think you can choose many premined in coinmarketcap where you can  choose old altcoin that still alive as of now..

old altcoin, with an escape from N-scrypt ASIC danger long time ago - is Vertcoin (ASIC resistance embedded)
CoinBreader

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 05:34:28 PM

Forget the GPU's sell them while they still young (IF) convert an amount of them to buy btc, start trading! i sold my most gpu back in 2013,
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 2148

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 05:05:21 AM

I've heard people mentioning that Ethereum won't be profitable for much longer. If so, what would the next likely altcoin to mine be? Also, what would be the best rig for a beginner miner be, in regards to an asic vs gpu setup?

When I get my RX 480 I'm going to mine Ether and hold it, because I think it's quite possible that the price will be $30 by the end of this year.
Ether has a good potential and I don't care if it's the real one or just speculative.
Batelk

Activity: 216

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 08:58:10 AM

When I get my RX 480 I'm going to mine Ether and hold it, because I think it's quite possible that the price will be $30 by the end of this year.
Ether has a good potential and I don't care if it's the real one or just speculative.

If you mine, and your electricity price is very low. It is fine. It is like buying the Ethereum at $2 each.

ZenCash Conducting Private Transactions Worldwide Completely
Discord -------- ANN Thread -------- Blog -------- Telegram  --------  Forum -------- Twitter
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
virasisog

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 10:37:43 AM

If you mine, and your electricity price is very low. It is fine. It is like buying the Ethereum at $2 each.

That could be the reason why the Etereum mining hash rate is still increasing while the price is going down.
kanoptx

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

www.cryptocompare.com

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 11:22:26 AM

I am watching ZCash and plan on mining it when it comes out. dispite the 10% premine system.

Rastanan

Activity: 193

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 11:46:53 AM

I am watching ZCash and plan on mining it when it comes out. dispite the 10% premine system.

Is the algorithm GPU or CPU friendly? If that is GPU friendly, the price of the ZCash could be well supported.
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: