Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 11:47:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Perma: A fresh Ethereum instance  (Read 2801 times)
ICOcountdown.com

Activity: 1008
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2016, 01:15:50 AM

I like this idea. Will it be maintained appropriatley? Also the soldity bugs will they be ironed out?

rindo

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 01:32:01 AM

intersting and looks cool,yeah this is a good idea,, im in
ForeRunnerofCrypto

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 01:37:55 AM

Thin ANN. More Details?
Mgrover

Activity: 199
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 03:46:54 AM

how to mine.
merc84

Activity: 799

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 11:22:11 AM

Looks good, will add a pool upon launch

Seriously? The guy who has strong moral opposition to the now defunct soft fork solution for Eth is morally fine with yet another ETH clone with "aggressive" initial distribution (aka insta mine).

I like this idea. Will it be maintained appropriatley? Also the soldity bugs will they be ironed out?

If by maintained properly you mean, insta mined and dumped at first possible chance on exchange sure!
joehoebot

Activity: 250
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 12:12:21 PM

standing by

I am CPU mining Aquachain right now. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3138231
notsofast
Legendary

Activity: 1517
Merit: 1042

@notsofast

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2016, 04:43:59 PM

Looks good, will add a pool upon launch

Seriously? The guy who has strong moral opposition to the now defunct soft fork solution for Eth is morally fine with yet another ETH clone with "aggressive" initial distribution (aka insta mine).

Moralism and opportunism aren't mutually exclusive, first of all.

Your subjective moral judgement is a pretty far reach, secondly.

I think it's complementary for oc to dissociate himself from ETH for moral reasons, and dedicate the resources and experience he used to support his ETH pool to a project like Perma that directly bases itself on the direction a lot of people think ETH *should* have taken. I suggested he take a look at Perma in fact. No idea whether he took my suggestion or found the project on his own, but he already supports ETH clones KR and EXP with mining pools, as well as any altcoin in general he thinks would be worth pool-mining on launch.

It's just weird to me that you point the finger of moral judgement in the cryptocurrency scene, especially without seeming to know the full picture.

twitter.com/notsofast
merc84

Activity: 799

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 11:53:31 PM

a project like Perma that directly bases itself on the direction a lot of people think ETH *should* have taken.

Moral judgement aside, you really think alot of ppl believe Eth should have been insta mined?
notsofast
Legendary

Activity: 1517
Merit: 1042

@notsofast

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2016, 05:24:42 PM

a project like Perma that directly bases itself on the direction a lot of people think ETH *should* have taken.

Moral judgement aside, you really think alot of ppl believe Eth should have been insta mined?

I can see how you'd see it as instamining. But if I understand the project correctly, it's about creating a viable alternate ETHlike chain immediately, not coddling for fair distribution. Your basis for comparison is out of whack. Perma doesn't have to emulate ETH's history before the hardfork, only what comes after. Choosing to mine or support Perma has nothing to do with opinions on how ETH should have started.

I think front-loading the earliest block rewards is the best course of action considering the project's intentions to create a legitimate new ETH fork. How else do you attract PoW mining network security in the fastest way possible?

twitter.com/notsofast
Shame_Game

Activity: 185
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 12:04:56 AM

so one hell of instamine for linux user? unsure why ocminer and notso fall for this.

MrComputerCodes (OP)

Activity: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 01:32:03 PM

I've listened to a lot of feedback, and the number one concern is indeed the instamine feeling given by the block reward schedule.

I still think my initial arguments win out over any sort of claims to it not being "fair" (I like things that aren't fair, they call me Mr Unfair Man), however, there is a new argument in favor of slowing the distribution down (and possibly kicking off the chain on a slightly different condition):

The ETH hard fork is a total clusterfuck. They might not pull it off.

I think there is strong overlap between those who would mine on this chain and those who would mine on the original ETH fork. If I had to choose between Perma and a legitimate unforked ETH, I'd pick the latter.

The schedule will still be "aggressive" relative to all other POW-only distributions I'm aware of. I was considering stretching the undistributed half-life from 6 weeks to something like 20 or 24 weeks.

I will make a few other bug fixes and have a new proposed schedule, then start tempa2 test network and post again.
MrComputerCodes (OP)

Activity: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 07:13:03 PM

https://github.com/ethereumclassic/README/issues/5

I have changed my mind about the likelihood of a "proper" ethereum classic fork. I will be spending my time on this, and revisiting the Perma option if there is too much chaos
kellendil

Activity: 630
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 09:14:28 AM

how can  i mine perma ? İs it only possible in testnet now ?
fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 10:58:10 PM

Anyone want to sell me 0.05 BTC of this coin.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: