Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:10:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help With TerraCoin  (Read 836 times)
crazyearner (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 04:56:42 AM

I wanted to know if when solo mining and I am connect to a pool for status update and it has Stratum support on it. Are the blocks different as appose to normal pools without Stratum support do they use different block change and blocks or is it the same as normal Huh or just a different method of mining and blocks will still be updated as normal ?

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 07:52:37 AM

Hey crazyearning, I don't really understand your question. Blocks are solved on the level of the Blockchain- it has to do with coin. When you are pool mining your are solving shares, which are little pieces of the block. If I understand it correctly Stratum is a way to handle distributing a larger number of shares at a faster rate- previously we had long poll which told us when someone else already solved our block, so we could stop working on it (otherwise we would continue to solve it, and when we did the network would reject it as already solved).

Does that help you out? It's still blocks and shares, Stratus is just a more efficient way of organising things for the miners. 

more or less retired.
crazyearner (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 03:27:22 PM

Hey crazyearning, I don't really understand your question. Blocks are solved on the level of the Blockchain- it has to do with coin. When you are pool mining your are solving shares, which are little pieces of the block. If I understand it correctly Stratum is a way to handle distributing a larger number of shares at a faster rate- previously we had long poll which told us when someone else already solved our block, so we could stop working on it (otherwise we would continue to solve it, and when we did the network would reject it as already solved).

Does that help you out? It's still blocks and shares, Stratus is just a more efficient way of organising things for the miners. 

yeah thats perfect. I was getting confused with it all. I just dont get why am not finding blocks tho. I guess tihs is due to diff going up a lot and going to take more time than it use to when diff was at like 500 to 700 lol

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 03:50:36 PM

yeah thats perfect. I was getting confused with it all. I just dont get why am not finding blocks tho. I guess tihs is due to diff going up a lot and going to take more time than it use to when diff was at like 500 to 700 lol

Well, if you're pool mining- you won't find a block yourself, but you'll solve a share of a block, for which the pool pays you a proportional percentage. But you're right about the Diff, back when the diff was like 400, I was mining like 800 coins a day, now I get around 20-30. So, big changes! But it's a good thing. You can still mine, and hopefully the value of the coin will go up (I believe it will!) to the point that your investment now will pay off in the future.

more or less retired.
crazyearner (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 04:42:55 PM

yeah thats perfect. I was getting confused with it all. I just don't get why am not finding blocks tho. I guess this is due to diff going up a lot and going to take more time than it use to when diff was at like 500 to 700 lol

Well, if you're pool mining- you won't find a block yourself, but you'll solve a share of a block, for which the pool pays you a proportional percentage. But you're right about the Diff, back when the diff was like 400, I was mining like 800 coins a day, now I get around 20-30. So, big changes! But it's a good thing. You can still mine, and hopefully the value of the coin will go up (I believe it will!) to the point that your investment now will pay off in the future.

Yeah am sad this weekend due to selling most of my TRC start of the month. Should of held on to it Sad now seeing how much I sold and how much its worth at the min epic fail but you live and learn sometimes Sad

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 04:44:12 PM

yeah thats perfect. I was getting confused with it all. I just don't get why am not finding blocks tho. I guess this is due to diff going up a lot and going to take more time than it use to when diff was at like 500 to 700 lol

Yeah am sad this weekend due to selling most of my TRC start of the month. Should of held on to it Sad now seeing how much I sold and how much its worth at the min epic fail but you live and learn sometimes Sad

Well, keep on mining!

more or less retired.
stiff

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 06:24:04 PM

I wanted to know if when solo mining and I am connect to a pool for status update and it has Stratum support on it. Are the blocks different as appose to normal pools without Stratum support do they use different block change and blocks or is it the same as normal Huh or just a different method of mining and blocks will still be updated as normal ?

try new pool trc.vpool.us ...
dreamwatcher
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2013, 12:02:03 AM

The blocks that are ultimately submitted are the same, the change is in the way the pool and the mining software communicate.

Stratum pools basically sends a "block template" to the miner.

Quote from the BIP 022 Wikki: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/BIP_0022

Code:
Instead of sending a simple block header for hashing, the entire block structure is sent, and left to the miner to (optionally) customize and assemble. 

This allows more of the actual work to be done by the miners instead of the pool. As hash rates increase, especially in the coming days of ASIC's, both network traffic and the work required by pool servers using LP will be astronomical.

In the realm of alt-coins, not as large of an issue for now, but it is still nice to use stratum. One will not see as large of a gain as with BTC, but still every little percentage of efficiency helps.  Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: