Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:33:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New BTC Fund and GBBG BTC Venture  (Read 18308 times)
globalvillage (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 11:05:13 PM

And yep, it is nice to see that some people are really up for supporting the GBBG network.

Look, at GoFoundMe site, some of them instead of donating $40 for their founder status, are donating $90
That should tell you something...

I do not know about you, but as to me, before GBBG, I had not seen anyone paying more for their membership than the membership price!

$90.00Anonymous   1 hour ago

$90.00Anonymous   1 hour ago

In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 11:18:50 PM

All together, I take it back, forums are not waste of time, definitely not this one, my thread was read 1402 times!!! 

Indeed. And many more lols were had.

AND here is a snap from the current Alexa stats for the site with the BTCINVEST Fund that Trade Fortress and MPOE-PR are promoting:

A. I am not promoting BF, and we're not particularly associated other than them running some PTs to MPEx like everyone else.

B. You are a really incompetent scammer, in that what you're showing there is about $500 worth of bought (ie, fake) traffic. That's not even ten bitcoins. Not even going into how alexa bullcrap is completely irrelevant in this space, or how your delusions that anyone'd be impressed clearly brands you for the internet marketeering scum that you are, you could have cooked up a much better graph. If you were any good at scamming, that is.

You're taking all the heat off scammy bullshit like picostocks with your over-the-top crap. Shoo.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
globalvillage (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 12:10:55 AM

@ MPOE-PR I asked you previously to leave this thread, you are not welcome here!
Or...  you like to play HuhHuhHuhHuh??  
Get lost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I read some of your posts on this forum, what's your game?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh??

It's a stalemate for you here, time to MOVE OUT!!!

Everyone here knows you are a man, try a new identity somewhere else. 
Bye bye, have a nice head trip!

globalvillage (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 12:19:57 AM

globalvillage (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 12:21:24 AM

Topic: New BTC Found  (Read 1446 times

silverkinguk

Activity: 404

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2013, 01:32:36 AM

Look at those charts.Bling! By the way,you calling her internet marketeering scum? Thats the pot calling the kettle black,who are you MPOE? Never heard of you.
You ever lifted a finger to do real work?

Co-Founder Visionary of QIBUCK
uk.linkedin.com/in/silverkinguk
CharlesPonzi

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 01:33:36 AM

Usagi 2.0

I landed in this country with $2.50 in cash and $1 million in hopes, and those hopes never left me.
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2013, 01:44:54 AM

Can someone explain to me what this fund actually is or does? You buy shares. They do something with the Bitcoins you used to buy the fund that generates more Bitcoins, and then they do *what* with those Bitcoins? Does it pay dividends? Or do they buy back their own shares? Or what?

Does the fund own some capital that each share holder owns some share of? If so, how do you tell what that capital is and how many shares are outstanding?

If there aren't answers to any of these questions, then it's not a fund at all and just a Stock Generation type Ponzi.

What source of revenue is there for investors other than other investors buying the shares? If the fund actually turns a profit by arbitrage or something, what does it do with that profit? How does it get to investors? Are there dividends?

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
silverkinguk

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2013, 01:47:36 AM

Hey Joel,there some updates on the blog at the website discussing what will be happening with the fund.Also recommend reading the GBBG Fund section there.
The trading will commence from the 1st of April.

globalvillage (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 05:12:42 AM

Yes Joel, we talked about it before here:   
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=154089.msg1646211#msg1646211

Fund Objectives:
Arbitrage (Buying/Selling bitcoins)
Capital Placements (bitcoin Startups)
Options (Bitcoin Options)
Revenue Participation (Revenue Share Arrangements)
Bitcoin Value Inflation

Participant Opportunities
Trade Shares (Buy/Sell Fund Shares)
Long-term Growth (Hold Shares for Long-term Growth)
Reinvestment Pool (Reinvest Other GBBG Earnings)
Anonymity (Anonymous Participation)
Liquidity (Cash Out Quickly)

Fund Basics
The GBBG Bitcoin Fund is a pooled collection of bitcoins contributed by all participants and deployed in mass for the goal of growth and return. The fund managers will methodically seek out opportunities through a) Arbitrage – the buying and selling of bitcoins; b) BTC Capital Placements – placing bitcoins into startups that are rooted in the bitcoin economy; c) Options – bitcoin related option markets; e) Revenue Participation – entering bitcoin revenue sharing agreements with businesses profiting through the bitcoin economy. The fund seeks to invest solely in the form of bitcoins and produce returns solely in the form of bitcoins.

This is NOT a financial instrument, banking instrument, or security. The GBBG Bitcoin Fund is entirely based in the bitcoin economy and ALL trades will be performed in bitcoins. Participants will purchase shares using bitcoins and receive bitcoins when selling shares. The fund will strategically place bitcoins into carefully selected opportunities that are designed to produce positive results.

The value of fund shares may rise or fall, depending upon several factors which include, but are not limited to a) the bitcoin market; b) the success or failure of opportunities taken; b) the success or failure of bitcoin startups; c) the success or failure of bitcoin revenue sharing ventures; d) the success or failure of Bitcoin as a digital currency.

The fund managers will make every reasonable attempt to place bitcoins into solid, dependable opportunities that have been thoroughly investigated, vetted, and assessed. The primary philosophy will center around arbitrage and revenue share potentials and risk analysis.

They do not pay dividends, they buy the shares back any time and there are not any fees associated with it. Starting on April 1, if you are buying shares, there will be a 2% purchase fee assessed. If you are selling shares, they will remit your bitcoins to the payment address on file in your GBBG Account Profile.

globalvillage (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 05:14:34 AM

@silverkinguk, your comments here are highly appreciated, thank you  Smiley

JoelKatz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2013, 06:39:19 PM

The GBBG Bitcoin Fund is a pooled collection of bitcoins contributed by all participants and deployed in mass for the goal of growth and return.
How do new shares get introduced? How is the price set and where does the money go? Can people sell their shares back to the fund for their share of the fund's holdings under any conditions?

danknug

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 01:55:15 AM

Surely most people realize that this has the telltale signs of a classic investment scam:

• sales person going to great lengths to appear trustworthy and defend their reputation
  • too-good-to-be true upwards trending graphs
  • a structure that makes it easy for the founders to "take the money and run" at a future date

Also the misleading category and subject line to get people reading this thread is disingenuous.

At best, it is an unwise investment due to the extremely high probability of it being a scam.
silverkinguk

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2013, 02:00:38 AM
Last edit: March 30, 2013, 02:12:16 AM by silverkinguk

Danknug rather than assume anything first try and go to the website and read it.
Enough with assuming ya.What kinda name is Danknug by the way?
Like I said before and I will say again this website is already getting more and more popular because there are people out there that see the value in it.
We don't need salesmen here,people actually read the website and get it and then join.
You say unwise investment in something,yet you are here with us in a bitcoin forum as well,so your logic is blown out the water.

JoelKatz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2013, 03:42:36 AM

Danknug rather than assume anything first try and go to the website and read it.
Because there's nothing that stops someone from filling a website with lies. If you can find something on the website that proves or strengthens the case that it's a scam, that's great. But there nothing a website can say (short of something independently verifiable) that distinguishes between an honest investment and a well-written scam.

Like I said before and I will say again this website is already getting more and more popular because there are people out there that see the value in it. We don't need salesmen here,people actually read the website and get it and then join.
You say unwise investment in something,yet you are here with us in a bitcoin forum as well,so your logic is blown out the water.
Do you have any actual evidence or reasoning? Everything points to it being a scam.

Any answer to my questions: "How do new shares get introduced? How is the price set and where does the money go? Can people sell their shares back to the fund for their share of the fund's holdings under any conditions?"

This is the most basic question you can ask about this kind of fund.

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 03:53:57 AM

Enough with assuming ya.What kinda name is Danknug by the way?
Like I said before and I will say again this website is already getting more and more popular because there are people out there that see the value in it.
We don't need salesmen here,people actually read the website and get it and then join.
Oh wow, another internet marketer invading bitcointalk.
globalvillage (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 04:14:10 PM

The GBBG Bitcoin Fund is a pooled collection of bitcoins contributed by all participants and deployed in mass for the goal of growth and return.
How do new shares get introduced? How is the price set and where does the money go? Can people sell their shares back to the fund for their share of the fund's holdings under any conditions?

The introductory price of 0.25 BTC is until the trading starts on April 1, after that under any condition the members would be able to sell their shares back to the fund for the current share value.  There is not any fee with share sales , there is 2% with share purchases.

"NOTICE: We will purchase or sell shares for you at 8:10 AM (EDT) on the day following the day we receive a request from you. You cannot sell more shares than you own. If you are buying shares, there will be a 2% purchase fee assessed. If you are selling shares, we will remit your bitcoins to the payment address on file in your GBBG Account Profile."

You can follow the value of shares here:

http://www.bitbillions.com/gbbg-fund/gbbg-bitcoin-fund-performance/][url]http://www.bitbillions.com/gbbg-fund/gbbg-bitcoin-fund-performance/[/url]

globalvillage (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 04:38:38 PM

Surely most people realize that this has the telltale signs of a classic investment scam:

• sales person going to great lengths to appear trustworthy and defend their reputation
  • too-good-to-be true upwards trending graphs
  • a structure that makes it easy for the founders to "take the money and run" at a future date

Also the misleading category and subject line to get people reading this thread is disingenuous.

At best, it is an unwise investment due to the extremely high probability of it being a scam.

I AM NOT ANY SALE PERSON FOR THOSE SHARES!!! 
AS TO MISLEADING CATEGORY, I TRIED TO CHANGE IT FEW TIMES...

NO ONE WOULD RUN WITH THE FOUNDS, TAGVILLAGE CEO IS WORKING WITH THIS ORGANIZATION AND HE HAS NOT RUN NOWHERE FOR MORE THEN 3 YEARS NOW...

THE UPWARDS GRAPHS ARE NOTHING COMPARE TO WHAT YOU WILL SEE AFTER THE TRADING STARTS! 

GBBG fund is bringing 3 online retailers into the #bitcoin economy in the next few months.  Their current actions definitely influence BTC rise.  Inside BitBillions there are more then 800 members who made bitcoins donations  (or their equipment value in $ through http://www.gofundme.com/bitbillions ) many of them never heard about BTC before.  In addition, there are 2180 free members and some of them registered only to take advantage of GBBG Fund. 

Do not be silly, anonymously register, purchase some shares and check on your own skin if this is a scam or most wise btc investment: http://www.bitbillions.com?refid=16baDwtNMeXhksVEe4ibnNLfw82znkGaiL

globalvillage (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 04:58:19 PM

Any answer to my questions: "How do new shares get introduced? How is the price set and where does the money go? Can people sell their shares back to the fund for their share of the fund's holdings under any conditions?"

This is the most basic question you can ask about this kind of fund.

Participants may purchase or sell shares in the fund freely with the only restriction being a fixed daily trade settlement time. Therefore, all fund share trades (buy or sell) will be conducted at 8:10 AM (EDT) for all requests received during the 24 hours prior to 8:00 AM (EDT). The share price for all trades will be calculated based on the closing net asset value per share as reflected at 7:59:59 AM (EDT) on the same day when said trades settle. There will be an additional 2% purchase fee when buying shares.

Purchase Shares Example

If you send bitcoins to buy shares at 4:00 PM (EDT) on Monday, we will actually purchase the shares for you at 8:10 AM (EDT) on Tuesday, and the price will be the closing net asset value per share as reflected at 7:59:59 AM (EDT) on Tuesday, plus 2%.

Selling Shares Example

If you send a request to sell shares at 10:00 AM (EDT) on Monday, we will actually sell the shares for you at 8:10 AM (EDT) on Tuesday, and the price will be the closing net asset value per share as reflected at 7:59:59 AM (EDT) on Tuesday.

Where does the money go:

*Arbitrage (Buying/Selling bitcoins)
*Capital Placements (bitcoin Startups)
*Options (Bitcoin Options)
*Revenue Participation (Revenue Share Arrangements)
*Bitcoin Value Inflation[/color]

You can read more about 2 new capital placements: http://www.bitbillions.com/blog/gbbg-fund/
and 3 more online retails are coming to the fund in the next few months...  

Things look more then good, your risk is much lower then your opportunity to capitalize on this new fund and increase your bitcoin portfolio!

silverkinguk

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2013, 03:04:17 AM

Yes sofar all I read are comments from very narrow minded guys,not something new  Grin
Happy Easter!

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: