Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 10:18:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [FREE] double spend 0 or low fee transactions  (Read 966 times)
merelcoin (OP)

Activity: 675
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 01:18:50 PM
Last edit: July 07, 2016, 01:16:54 AM by merelcoin

What is this Service?
Most of us know this problem: you created a transaction, but your wallet either uses a default fee, a very low fee, or no fee at all. Your transaction is stuck for hours, and you really need those BTC.
There are several sollutions to solve this problem: waiting, RBF, CPFP, zapwallettxes, paying a pool,... One of these solutions is to double-spend the inputs used for your transaction, creating a new transaction but deducting a bigger fee from the output to your change address. This way, the new transaction has a much better chance of being confirmed, and once it gets in a bock, the old transaction will be rejected, solving your problem. To do this, several steps are needed, some are a bit difficult (especially for new users). I try to help you by creating a raw, unsigned transaction for you. You need to sign this raw, unsigned transaction, and i'll broadcast it for you!

How much does it cost?
It's a free service, i only run it when i have some spare time (i'm going on holiday untill the 22th of july, so response times will be slow untill then).
This being said: if you offer a tip, i'll make sure your transaction gets higher priority in my work planning Wink

TOS
  • I only do this in my spare time, there is no promise i'll help you. If to many people aks for my help during a busy period in my life, i'll just deny some requests at random. I'm only online monday-friday 8AM-4PM, and i'm busy rather often
  • YOU have to doublecheck the raw, unsigned transaction!!! If i make a mistake, it's not really my problem. If you're not tech-savvy enough, ask for a second opinion before letting me broadcast the signed transaction. A good newbie-friendly starting point would be to paste the unsigned tx here https://coinb.in/#verify and decode it online.
  • There is a cool-off period, i won't help you double-spend transactions that are broadcasted less than 4 hours ago, i won't help scammers steal from business-owners by creating double-spends. This restriction can be skipped if you can prove all output addresses belong to you (by signing a message)
  • To avoid scammy behaviour, i'll only generate transactions with the same inputs and outputs as the original transaction, only the used fee will be a bit larger, and taken from the change address. If you want to change one of the outputs, you'll have to prove you own all original output addresses by giving me signed messages for each of them
  • I reserve the right to add/delete or modify any Term at any point (it's a free service, i reserve the right to run it any way i please)

How-To
  • Find either the transaction-id or the raw transaction from your stuck transaction(see next post)
  • create a request in this thread(*)
  • If i accept your request, i'll create a raw, unsigned transaction and post it in this thread
  • You have to sign this raw transaction and either post it in this thread, or PM it to me(see next post)
  • I'll broadcast the signed transaction to the network

* to create a request, fill in the following form and paste it in a new reply:
Code:
[list]
[li]transaction id/ raw transaction:[/li]
[li]change-address (the higher fee will be deducted from the output to this address, it has to be an address that is also found in the original, stuck, transaction): [/li]
[li]what happened:[/li]
[li] extra info: [/li]
[/list]

for example
Code:
[list]
[li]transaction id/ raw transaction: bcd4e6c6bd94915cbdf0e8872b14531e542c949fc5db4aae7feedb7c44da9041[/li]
[li]change-address: 1CDHQgUqS4pHWxDDZ9TYi4hnjfhvH5D9i7[/li]
[li]what happened: my wallet assumed it was a high priority transaction, so added 0 fee, it has been unconfirmed for 3 days[/li]
[li] extra info: nothing more to say[/li]
[/list]
merelcoin (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 01:19:42 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2016, 02:03:22 PM by merelcoin

HOW to find transaction-id's/raw transactions in my wallet software?
Bitcoin Core (bitcoin-cli)
  • open your terminal
  • enter "bitcoin-cli listtransactions"
  • look trough the returned JSON-data, find the block that handles your stuck transaction, look for the line containing "txid"

Bitcoin Core (bitcoin-qt)
  • open the QT-wallet
  • go to the transactions-tab
  • right-click on the hanging transaction
  • either chose "copy transaction ID" or "copy raw transaction"
  • paste Wink

Multibit HD
*** AFAIK, you cannot sign a raw transaction using multibit, so this howto is kinda pointless ***
  • open multibit HD
  • go to the payments-tab
  • double-click on the hanging transaction
  • click next (twice)
  • the transaction-id is now shown, copy/paste it

Electrum
  • open electrum
  • go to the history-tab
  • right-click on the hanging transaction
  • chose "copy ID to clipboard"
  • paste Wink

More wallets/extra info/bugs will be edited/added/fixed in future versions of this post!
merelcoin (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 01:20:02 PM
Last edit: July 07, 2016, 01:15:06 AM by merelcoin

How to sign a raw transaction with my wallet?
Bitcoin Core (bitcoin-cli)
  • open your terminal
  • enter "bitcoin-cli signrawtransaction [unsigedtransaction]"
  • copy/paste the output

Bitcoin Core (bitcoin-qt)
  • open the QT-wallet
  • go to help -> debugwindow -> console
  • enter "signrawtransaction [unsigedtransaction]"
  • copy/paste the output

Multibit HD
This one is a bit tricky!!!
  • go to https://dcpos.github.io/bip39/ follow the link to download the sourcecode to your local pc (download from github)
  • ideally, unzip and open bip39-standalone.html on a clean, offline PC
  • enter your multibit HD seed in the BIP39 Mnemonic-field
  • Number of words: 12
  • Derivation path->BIP32
  • BIP32 Derivation Path: m/0'/0
  • a list of addresses/private keys is generated. This list should also contain the private keys for the input adresses generated by multibit. Copy all private keys for addresses used in the stuck transaction, paste them in an empty document
  • download/install electrum (the following steps can also be done with core, i just chose electrum for the first draft)
  • if you never installed electrum, it will open a wizard, if electrum was already installed on your pc, go to file->new/restore
  • restore a wallet or import keys
  • paste ALL private keys from your text document in the seed-field
  • for god's sake: chose a strong password!!!
  • now go to the electrum tutorial on how to sign an unsinged tx

Electrum (gui method, also possible via the console)
  • create an ascii (text) file with a .txn extension, paste text
Code:
{
    "hex": "[unsigedtransaction]",
    "complete": false
}
  • open electrum
  • go to tools -> load transaction -> from file
  • click on sign
  • copy/paste the signed transaction

More wallets/extra info/bugs will be edited/added/fixed in future versions of this post!
merelcoin (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 02:07:50 PM

Previous work
Reserved for the users of my service
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2016, 03:26:55 PM

What the fuck is this?

Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 03:29:58 PM

What the fuck is this?
Open your fuckin eyes mate.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2016, 03:35:37 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2016, 03:46:47 PM by deisik

What the fuck is this?

Could you explain then? Some guy is announcing a service for which he requests nothing but doesn't promise anything since he is going on holiday until the 22nd of June (for a moment, it is already July in the neighborhood)... So what the fuck?

What did I miss exactly?

Daffadile

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2016, 06:23:31 PM

I once needed a service like that but the sites that "offered" it looked really dodgy so I never. Also many people say you cannot double spend anymore. If this is true then how are you able to ? I think a service like this might be abused, I mean how often does this happen ? I only ever needed a service like this once ever !! So that's my 2 cents on that.  Grin

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
merelcoin (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 12:32:10 AM
Last edit: July 07, 2016, 01:20:09 AM by merelcoin

What the fuck is this?

Could you explain then? Some guy is announcing a service for which he requests nothing but doesn't promise anything since he is going on holiday until the 22nd of June (for a moment, it is already July in the neighborhood)... So what the fuck?

What did I miss exactly?

I'm on vacation untill the 22nd, so response times will be slower (it's in the OP). This means i'm only online 1-2 times/day untill the 22nd, not that i'm not going to come online at all untill the 22nd. I made an error in the month, it's fixed now, no need to create a big fuss about it, i'm not a native speaker, i was focussed on translating everything to english and must have missed this one.

I get the fact that some users seems to be mocking my intentions , but the truth is that it seems a service like this is needed a couple times a week. At the moment, people open threads like "transaction stuck", "please help", etc. Every time, people jump in and give the exact same answers. My intentions were to make a single thread where they can just request help. Maybe some other members would also be able to jump in and help eachother, and they can use the tutorial in my OP on how to get raw transactions, sign them,... (i realise these tutorials are pretty basic atm, they're a work in progress).
If you don't like me, or my service, you're free not to use it. If nobody ever uses my service, or the small tutorials, this thread will soon die... So be it.

BTW, do people really think it's weird to go on vacation, or not to offer any guarantees when giving a 100% free service?

I once needed a service like that but the sites that "offered" it looked really dodgy so I never. Also many people say you cannot double spend anymore. If this is true then how are you able to ? I think a service like this might be abused, I mean how often does this happen ? I only ever needed a service like this once ever !! So that's my 2 cents on that.  Grin

Who said it cannot be done anymore? I've done it in the past, and hopefully i'll do it in the future  Grin. You have a valid point though: it might be abused. That's why i included a 4 hour cool down period in my OP. I hope most scammers won't take the risk of waiting 4 hours, also: my transactions will use the same inputs and create roughly the same outputs (only using a bigger fee and taking it from the change address). This way my service would be more or less useless to a scammer (he would want to use the same inputs, but completely different outputs. This is something i'll only do if he can prove all output addresses of the original transaction were his)  
My service might look dodgy, but the fact is the user can verify my unsigned transaction before he/she signs it, and everything will be done out-in-the-open, allowing peer review and second opinions.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2016, 07:52:38 AM

What the fuck is this?

What did I miss exactly?

I'm on vacation untill the 22nd, so response times will be slower (it's in the OP). This means i'm only online 1-2 times/day untill the 22nd, not that i'm not going to come online at all untill the 22nd. I made an error in the month, it's fixed now, no need to create a big fuss about it, i'm not a native speaker, i was focussed on translating everything to english and must have missed this one.

I get the fact that some users seems to be mocking my intentions , but the truth is that it seems a service like this is needed a couple times a week. At the moment, people open threads like "transaction stuck", "please help", etc. Every time, people jump in and give the exact same answers. My intentions were to make a single thread where they can just request help. Maybe some other members would also be able to jump in and help eachother, and they can use the tutorial in my OP on how to get raw transactions, sign them,... (i realise these tutorials are pretty basic atm, they're a work in progress).
If you don't like me, or my service, you're free not to use it. If nobody ever uses my service, or the small tutorials, this thread will soon die... So be it.

BTW, do people really think it's weird to go on vacation, or not to offer any guarantees when giving a 100% free service?

It just doesn't feel right, if you know what I mean. Unless you actually aim at making money with your "free" service, of course

merelcoin (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 09:08:30 AM

It just doesn't feel right, if you know what I mean. Unless you actually aim at making money with your "free" service, of course

you're entitled to your opinion. I suggest you don't use my service if it doesn't feel right for you. I tried to help countless people for free in my life, i've always given away advice for free. Granted, sometimes my advice is bad (i'm only human, sometimes i think i know the right answer, but it turns out to be wrong)... That being said: i do know how to create raw transactions, which is something a lot of people seem to struggle with. It's not a big effort for me, so i might as well give it away for free.

I do hope that people who are in a rush, or have very big/complex transactions with many inputs and outputs will give a (small) tip when their problem is fixed, but that doesn't change the fact that i'll try to help people for free, so this remains a free service.
I think it's perfectly normal for a free service not to give any guarantees. If somebody hires me to do a paying job, i'm willing to take a lot of responsibility, both towards the timing and the usability of the endproduct. If i'm doing something for free, i think i have the right to deny service, have my own timing and refuse to take any responsability if something were to go wrong. This does not mean i'm going to sabotage anything, it just means that if something would ever go wrong, you cannot sue me.

The main thing is: i'll post all unsigned transactions right on this thread, for everybody to see, so (unless i'm missing something), there isn't much opportunity for me to scam. Also, i won't create doublespends with new/additional outputs and i won't create double spends from freshly broadcasted transactions, so i don't think i'm helping scammers either.

But in the end it's rather simple: i'm pretty sure i don't have an opportunity to scam, nor give the opportunity to scam with this service. If you don't trust it, don't use it.
bitcoinisfurture

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 10:50:44 AM

Wow but is there surety that this swill work. Seems to be technical as well. Has anyone tried this and how was their experience.

Roboabhishek

Activity: 882
Merit: 528

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 12:00:30 PM

What the fuck is this?
This is the same thought i got when i saw this.
merelcoin (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 01:16:51 PM

Wow but is there surety that this swill work. Seems to be technical as well. Has anyone tried this and how was their experience.

I can't vouch for my own service, but i've successfully double-spent several of my own transactions. When i transfer BTC between my own wallets, i usually try to cheap out on the fees, and when my transactions are still unconfirmed after 24 hours, i usually just doublespend my inputs, but just leave a bit higher fee untill i manage to get my tx confirmed.

Ofcourse there is never 100% certainty a transaction will confirm, not even when leaving more miner fees, it's all odds and averages...

What the fuck is this?

If you don't know why this service is usefull, it's because you either do your homework and always add enough fees, or because you already know how to fix this problem.
If you don't know what this is, or if you don't trust me, i'm not forcing you to use my service... please move along, there is nothing to see in this thread.
Roboabhishek

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 04:35:12 PM

I can't vouch for my own service, but i've successfully double-spent several of my own transactions. When i transfer BTC between my own wallets, i usually try to cheap out on the fees, and when my transactions are still unconfirmed after 24 hours, i usually just doublespend my inputs, but just leave a bit higher fee untill i manage to get my tx confirmed.

Ofcourse there is never 100% certainty a transaction will confirm, not even when leaving more miner fees, it's all odds and averages...

What the fuck is this?

If you don't know why this service is usefull, it's because you either do your homework and always add enough fees, or because you already know how to fix this problem.
If you don't know what this is, or if you don't trust me, i'm not forcing you to use my service... please move along, there is nothing to see in this thread.
I am srry if my reply hurt you.Its because i use coinbase and dont exactly know what this service is they do everything for me so i never got into this kind of situation.
Roboabhishek

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 04:39:04 PM

What the fuck is this?

What did I miss exactly?

I think he just wants to help the guys who don't know how to fix the problem and get worried if their bitcoins will be gone.I never got into this kind of situation and cant say in future also i wont get into.But hats off to his free service.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2016, 04:50:04 PM
Last edit: July 07, 2016, 05:34:04 PM by deisik

I think he just wants to help the guys who don't know how to fix the problem and get worried if their bitcoins will be gone.I never got into this kind of situation and cant say in future also i wont get into.But hats off to his free service.

I encountered this problem about a year ago (in the times of the Great Collision when thousands of Bitcoin transactions got stuck). I was trying to withdraw funds from an exchange, and the transaction hadn't been confirmed for a few days. It eventually got through, though (as I understood it the issue was due to low fee set for it)...

This service probably couldn't help me since the transaction was from the exchange wallet, i.e. not my wallet

Roboabhishek

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 05:36:02 PM

I encountered this problem about a year ago (in the times of the Great Collision when thousands of Bitcoin transactions got stuck). I was trying to withdraw funds from an exchange, and the transaction hadn't been confirmed for a few days. It eventually got through, though (as I understood it the issue was due to low fee set for it)...

This service probably couldn't help me since the transaction was from the exchange wallet, i.e. not my wallet
Are you trying to say your transaction yet not confirmed from last year :O
I have heard from my frnd saying that if your tx is not confirmed due to low fee then the tx will be deleted and funds will be gone back to the wallet.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2016, 05:41:34 PM
Last edit: July 07, 2016, 06:06:47 PM by deisik

I have heard from my frnd saying that if your tx is not confirmed due to low fee then the tx will be deleted and funds will be gone back to the wallet.

As I said, it eventually got through, i.e. got confirmed after a few days (the amount was around 1 BTC if you are curious)

Roboabhishek

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 08:28:01 AM
Last edit: July 08, 2016, 08:39:49 AM by Roboabhishek

As I said, it eventually got through, i.e. got confirmed after a few days (the amount was around 1 BTC if you are curious)
lol if the amount could be 100 BTC i would be more curious :p
But i am glad for you that you got'em Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: