Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 07:32:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Quit Gambling for Good, think for your loved ones  (Read 11656 times)
hermanhs09

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 12:42:04 PM

If you're betting for small sums, money you know you can afford to lose, and you have fun betting and know your limits and have self control, basically you know what you're doing while gambling then I don't see what's the problem. Even your loved ones should mind their own business and don't bother you about it.

Also that only 1 in 10000 gets lucky stats is bit pessimistic. Think there are more lucky people than that.

I don't think that your love one's will not officious after they saw that your out of control in gambling. if they saw that gambling is not good for you, I guess they will actually don't mind their own business. Some people really can't control themselves but actually they know that they are already addicted with it. But they don't care they just want to gamble until they have a money left in their pocket.
That's true,in my case if i they would even notice,they would probably try to get me it stopped.
But im doing it for fun,not for profit but anyway im not lucky in gambling and i get constantly busted :[ well,i can only stop it Grin
Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 12:55:12 PM

you have common things for those who addicted from gambling and if you want to stop from gambling you must have strong desire to do so because think all your faimilies won't be enough because family only support you to stop what have you done and it all back to yourself
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 01:22:46 PM

If you think you might be a person with addictive personality or you feel your gambling habits are becoming a hindrance in your daily activities. Then you may want to see this:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1475232.msg14872353#msg14872353

There you will find some popular misconceptions about gambling debunked.
teilwalL05

Activity: 980

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 01:25:46 PM

If you're betting for small sums, money you know you can afford to lose, and you have fun betting and know your limits and have self control, basically you know what you're doing while gambling then I don't see what's the problem. Even your loved ones should mind their own business and don't bother you about it.

Also that only 1 in 10000 gets lucky stats is bit pessimistic. Think there are more lucky people than that.

I don't think that your love one's will not officious after they saw that your out of control in gambling. if they saw that gambling is not good for you, I guess they will actually don't mind their own business. Some people really can't control themselves but actually they know that they are already addicted with it. But they don't care they just want to gamble until they have a money left in their pocket.
That's true,in my case if i they would even notice,they would probably try to get me it stopped.
But im doing it for fun,not for profit but anyway im not lucky in gambling and i get constantly busted :[ well,i can only stop it Grin

Well, if you know how to control yourself then I think you don't need your family to convince you to stop from gambling. And I believe that all people can do it if they will just have a discipline also if they know how to control their money
nururochac

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 01:41:57 PM

you have common things for those who addicted from gambling and if you want to stop from gambling you must have strong desire to do so because think all your faimilies won't be enough because family only support you to stop what have you done and it all back to yourself
If you have a good brain to think that gambling won't give your family a decent life that you promise then it's good. But if you're a stupid fuck who stake your family and your future in gambling, I wish your couple divorce you because you don't deserve it.
bitcoinboy12

Activity: 518
Merit: 254

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 02:29:04 PM

If you have a good brain to think that gambling won't give your family a decent life that you promise then it's good. But if you're a stupid fuck who stake your family and your future in gambling, I wish your couple divorce you because you don't deserve it.

Well if you think about it. You can never really depend your family's future with something that is so unpredictable. If you are really devoted to helping out your family in life. I suggest go for something more stable than gambling.

eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 02:30:12 PM

Some of what you say here is true but that doesnt mean gambling will ruin your life. If you have an addictive personality and cannot control when to stop gambling, then yes you prob shouldnt gamble. If you have self control and just wanna toss a few dollars around here n there then youll be fine.

Its like driving or drinking. Do it responsibly ! If someone has a gambling issue that big then you must get serious help before it tears apart your relationships with people and yourself too.

Whatever, OP. Just because you and other people can't handle your own finances, emotions or manage your time and don't know how to gamble responsibly doesn't mean the rest of us have to quit doing what we do.

Sorry, not sorry.

If you read the whole thing he said very clearly he wasn't telling anyone to do anything . Do you have a superiority complex where you think he is talking directly to you ? You get quite worked up over it. And addiction is a serious issue and that's the truth.

All of us, must be matured enough in terms in gambling. Everyone knows that if you entered gambling you can really lose a money/bitcoin, right?
But the thing is, if you don't have discipline and control in your money then you will really lose a lot of money in gambling.
Superbitzz

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 11:53:01 PM

Some of what you say here is true but that doesnt mean gambling will ruin your life. If you have an addictive personality and cannot control when to stop gambling, then yes you prob shouldnt gamble. If you have self control and just wanna toss a few dollars around here n there then youll be fine.

yes i am also agree with you and it is not such an easy for a person so addicted to quit gambling just on saying. it really need hard word and commencement. if you are a decision taker person and have self control then you can do this. otherwise it is not such an easy job.
TGD

Activity: 1288
Merit: 620

Wen Rolex?

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 12:49:20 AM

Good one, stop gambling before its too late and lose all you're money, you don't need to recover losses you will lost again if you take back. Don't run your life in gambling not all people are lucky you just wasting your time and money.you can still gamble but do it for fun only don't do it as a sickness.

Don't mind me | Just checking out here for Duelbits Promotion | Bitcoin 1M | Duelbits no 1
devondad93

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 12:57:09 AM

Good one, stop gambling before its too late and lose all you're money, you don't need to recover losses you will lost again if you take back. Don't run your life in gambling not all people are lucky you just wasting your time and money.you can still gamble but do it for fun only don't do it as a sickness.
i agreed with OP and this one, sometimes when gambling, youre thinking how to recover your loss before, but when you re-deposit, what happens? maybe you can lose more than before.
frankyfry

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 01:29:32 AM

It's good advice, my friend. I hope that many people noticed.
Doamader

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 01:37:25 AM

I dont gamble, im making some investments this year with bitcoin related projects, im taking a risk with that, i may say im near the first project to roi in ammount of bitcoins, in value i had roi as the new price its 50% more then when i had invested. This is an advice to those who cant sleep waiting to wake up and gamble, but gambling is funny as well, invest just what you can afford to loose, i would make bet sports but i dont have time to follow teams perfomance.
Daffadile

Activity: 1162

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2016, 07:49:20 AM

If you can admit you have a gambling problem before things get out of hand and go wrong then you half way to recovery already. It can be a serious issue among those involved in your life especially family and you don't want something like gambling to tear you apart from them and distance them from you that will make the gambling problem even worse.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
minime0105

Activity: 1246
Merit: 534

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 08:18:55 AM

Nice point here OP, for me as well, if you're a gambling addict, you can just change it instantly, its not a one day job, you can do it nice and slow. But if i were you, I'll start now!
bithasher

Activity: 700

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 11:29:59 AM

You can not convince someone saying to think for their loved ones. I tried quite a few times to talk to some addicted persons to quit gambling and they had answered that they were actually gambling for their loved ones to bring facilities and easiness in their lives. It is very difficult to convince because they always have other side of the point and let you speechless. You can not win in argument or debate over gambling.
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 11:45:45 AM

I bet on horses with low stakes,if i find ncely overpriced winers it brings me satisfaction and some money
But betting on sports is more  science than blind gamble

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
quit_gambling_for_good (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 12:35:11 PM

@bithasher you are right, I get your point, I had that experience too before, in the past, someone tried their best to convince me to quit gambling, but my eyes was red with anger and illogical thinking, I cannot see anything else beside gambling.

I just wanted to recover my lost and keep on thinking today is my unlucky day, tomorrow I will win, but it will never happens, because the amount I recover back is simply not enough to cover my lost.

This is addicted gambler thinking, no matter how much they lost, once they get even $1, they will use this money to try out their luck thinking they will win someday.

We cannot change their mind, and we don't need to change their mind as all humans have their own thinking, what I am trying to do, is at least remind someone that still have a clear mind and maybe think about what I wrote, and even if it is just 1 person out of 1000. I feel happy to help that 1 person to stay away from gambling.
newcripto

Activity: 728

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 03:01:09 PM

I do agree with OP that everyone looks at successful or winner and totally avoid the loosing ones. Gambling sooner or later become addiction without your notice. You should try your luck if you have to win or become rich few tries are enough and justifiable. Keep gambling for longer period is worst for family oriented person as social problems begin to appear for sure.
BAGOBO
Legendary

Activity: 1163
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 03:03:47 PM

If people never gamble, they will try for first time and when they are being addicted, they must aware that gamble will make you loss.
But when he/she was won, they will keep gamble until they loss ! Afterward they will realize that gamble are bad. ( Greedy people )
maxhor

Activity: 686

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 03:10:55 PM

If people never gamble, they will try for first time and when they are being addicted, they must aware that gamble will make you loss.
But when he/she was won, they will keep gamble until they loss ! Afterward they will realize that gamble are bad. ( Greedy people )

It is really hard to understand for any player what disadvantages gambling in long term and how can it make complicated our life, every unexpected win make us addicted to gamble daily and it is doesn't matter we won or lose, I don't think it is easy to quite and realize that there is no life with gambling.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: