Bitcoin Forum
June 05, 2024, 09:42:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 193 »
  Print  
Author Topic: LBRY.IO - DICUSSION THREAD  (Read 362341 times)
opus.224

Activity: 247
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 11:39:35 AM

minerjoen,
try adding --gpu-platform 1:
sgminer.exe --algorithm=lbry -o stratum+tcp://your_pool -u user.worker -p pass -I 22 --gpu-threads 8 --gpu-platform 1

opus.224

Activity: 247
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 11:41:35 AM

Vote for LBRY Credits to be added to cryptofolio.info:
https://cryptofolio.info/welcome/vote

devlin

Activity: 272
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 11:42:38 AM

minerjoen,
sgminer.exe --algorithm=lbry -o stratum+tcp://your_pool -u user.worker -p pass -I 22 --gpu-threads 8 --gpu-platform 1

his problem is 'sgminer.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command when is run from bat

minerjoen

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 11:55:26 AM

When not using the complete path and using pause it just say:
'sgminer.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

absolutely the same massage I received when for the first time started the bat file
it was because my Kasperski deleted the sgminer.exe
I added the folder in Kasperski exceptions
place another fresh copy of the miner in the folder - and it was OK

I did, i even uninstalled the antivirus completely, no changes

i also downloaded everything again without antivirus, no changes.

If you run your bat as administrator (or is marked to run as administrator) then commands inside bat is not point in your current folder.

I already tried as admin. Path is correct, tested differens paths also without path in the .bat
Tries all about thar

Bitcoin: 1GPjrqoWGQfqyCEYnPhbA3nWN9dmMwFHRE
Elementrem: 0xF4789b95826C4474B3E7C780Fd90f639b51C4B6c
Perryl

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 11:56:49 AM

minerjoen,

his problem is 'sgminer.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command when is run from bat

Is the bat in the same folder as the sgminer.exe?
minerjoen

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 11:58:47 AM

minerjoen,

Is the bat in the same folder as the sgminer.exe?
Yes ofcourse.

I'm mining coins for years now.. i know how to start a miner.
Only this sgminer.exe is not good

ICOcountdown.com (OP)

Activity: 1008

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2016, 11:59:23 AM

Nice community work everyone keep helping everyone so we can strengthen the network. Especially minerjoen I have looked at the problem but I'm not too sure what is the problem with it.

I'm also try to mine your coin with an R9 290 OC TRI-X on a Windows 10 pro 64bit system.

I download the miner from the OP
-First i tried to just change the username/pass and the stratum.
CMD start and close directly

-2nd i tried an own batfile (using for x11 and etc) and changed the kernel to lbry

-3th i tried to put in the .bat file only sgminer (without.exe) same result

-4th i uninstall the cat 16.x drivers completely and installed the catalyst 15.x drivers (ofcourse i did reboot after every action)

I tried to run the .bat as admin and i get a ''error'' about the sgminer.exe

Long time ago i had this same trouble when my AV (AntiVirus) was deleting the sgminer.exe the whole time, but i turned the AV off and nothing changes (it also dont delete the sgminer.exe when the AV is active).

I found in an readme from the miner (think from w0lf) this:
Please insert AMD ADL files adl_defines.h adl_sdk.h adl_structures.h
I also did....

I dont know what to do, the CPU miner was working in less then 30 seconds, but compare to speed-electricity its a waste, so i want my GPU get work..

Hope u can help me

Greetz,
MinerJoen

Thanks for the help everyone Smiley

minerjoen

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 12:02:55 PM

Nice community work everyone keep helping everyone so we can strengthen the network. Especially minerjoen I have looked at the problem but I'm not too sure what is the problem with it.

I'm also try to mine your coin with an R9 290 OC TRI-X on a Windows 10 pro 64bit system.

I download the miner from the OP
-First i tried to just change the username/pass and the stratum.

-2nd i tried an own batfile (using for x11 and etc) and changed the kernel to lbry

-3th i tried to put in the .bat file only sgminer (without.exe) same result

-4th i uninstall the cat 16.x drivers completely and installed the catalyst 15.x drivers (ofcourse i did reboot after every action)

I tried to run the .bat as admin and i get a ''error'' about the sgminer.exe

Long time ago i had this same trouble when my AV (AntiVirus) was deleting the sgminer.exe the whole time, but i turned the AV off and nothing changes (it also dont delete the sgminer.exe when the AV is active).

I found in an readme from the miner (think from w0lf) this:
Please insert AMD ADL files adl_defines.h adl_sdk.h adl_structures.h
I also did....

I dont know what to do, the CPU miner was working in less then 30 seconds, but compare to speed-electricity its a waste, so i want my GPU get work..

Hope u can help me

Greetz,
MinerJoen

Thanks for the help everyone Smiley

Indeed thanks all. Hope we will get it work, i am not the only one with this same issue.

ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2016, 12:04:51 PM

It could be you are trying to run a 64 bit executable on a 32 bit system which won't work

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
minerjoen

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 12:06:15 PM

It could be you are trying to run a 64 bit executable on a 32 bit system which won't work
Hey ocminer!

Windows 10 pro 64 bit official
Miner is also 64 bit for what i can see

Atm windows 10 is busy with a reset. But i cant believe its the system, ofc i wont hurt to do that reset. Almost ready

devlin

Activity: 272

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 12:07:56 PM

absolutely the same massage I received when for the first time started the bat file

If you run your bat as administrator (or is marked to run as administrator) then commands inside bat is not point in your current folder.

I already tried as admin. Path is correct, tested differens paths also without path in the .bat
Tries all about thar

don't run as administrator, (or marked to run as administrator), if I run my mining .bat as administrator I have same problem like you. You copy file .bat from another computer or is created by you? If is downloaded or copied make a new .txt file put everiting inside and then rename to .bat

minerjoen

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 12:10:44 PM

Tries all about thar

don't run as administrator, (or marked to run as administrator), if I run my mining .bat as administrator I have same problem like you. You copy file .bat from another computer or is created by you? If is downloaded or copied make a new .txt file put everiting inside and then rename to .bat

Already tested with and without admin.
Tested many .bat, created a lot own .bat

Edit:
windows reset is completed, i start the .bat (without any drivers installed) and i get a other message about the gpu settings (logical, drivers not installed) looks beter now, i am installing drivers and amd sdk now. keep u posted.

Lafu
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 3115

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 12:32:03 PM

Tries all about thar

Already tested with and without admin.
Tested many .bat, created a lot own .bat

Edit:
windows reset is completed, i start the .bat (without any drivers installed) and i get a other message about the gpu settings (logical, drivers not installed) looks beter now, i am installing drivers and amd sdk now. keep u posted.

Good luck im sure you can today mine  Smiley

minerjoen

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 12:48:08 PM
Last edit: July 17, 2016, 02:57:46 PM by minerjoen

anyone tested with 480? i am getting

atm i have this same windows (beter then before but still sucks), i guess this is beter info to fix this new problem? xd

i copied the whole kernel folder to that temp folder and it start mining ( slow so i need to fix that, but it started omfg.... what a circus )

New problem:
gpu driver crash and dont recover so i need to forced shut down the computer the whole time when starting the .bat
What is installed about the GPU?
Newest catalyst
AMD SDK (newest)

i tried the ethereum miner, works like a charm (faster then before the reset xd )

Can somebody show me an .bat for an R9 290 oc tri-x? Or just the R9 290?

Problem found:
u always use MSI afterburner for undervolt and overclocking.

I installed again but someting went wrong, he overclock the memory with 700Mhz!!! also the core get overclocked by 300Mhz. ofcourse that driver crash.

Mining speed now:
84Mh/s with the R9 290 OC TRI-X, low overclock, -1 undervolt

Edit, driver keep crashing, downgrade to catalyst 15.12 now
Edit: with 15.12 keep crashing after few seconds. Get a few dhares and crash. even with clean .bat and also with only I 12 it crash

Edit: test ethereum miner, he just mine without crashes

Edit (again..): when on I 12 it keep running now, but with just 12Mh/s.. When i use G (in the miner) and change the I to 16 is crash directly.

Good my .bat now:
sgminer.exe --kernel lbry -o stratum+tcp://lbry.suprnova.cc:6256 -u minerjoen.1 -p x -I 16 -w 64
pause
Speed: ~50Mh/s
Runtime: approx 7 minutes, stable.
Could be faster, but when i change the Intensivity to 18 he crash.

So solution when sgminer.exe dont start on Windows 10:
Check antivirus
Not the antivirus?
Reset Windows 10 (just by using the menu / settings inside windows 10 and recover it), there is something wrong in Windows 10 why he dont start the sgminer.exe. I also check the regedit but that was all good.

After reset Windows 10 the miner will start
Driver version? Doesn't matter, he will work on 16.x but also on 15.x (no difference in speed)
Install AMD SDK

u can use my .bat file, change ur pool/workername/pass

Believe me, i tested and checked ''everything'' before i reset Windows 10.

Ofcourse the 50Mh/s i get now, is not optimal, it could be faster. I will post any changes i made so the speed get faster. Also we need updates for the sgminer because its simply not optimized. My card should get easy to the I 18 or higher, at this moment i dont get it higher then I 16.

What do you guys think about that -w 64? 64 is low, maybe beter without -w or change the 64 to 256?, check: i deleted the -w 64 total, speed / shares the same so that -w looks useless

I hope the people with the same issues i had can go further now. Remember, the solution is never to throw your computer outside the window Cheesy

Edit:
Dont know why, i used inside the cmd / miner: G -> I on 18. And it runs without crash on I 18, i add/changed the .bat file to -w 256
Speed now: ~71 Mh/s
System (windows) stable, no artifacts, no delays. Just good now.
Little undervolt, little overclock on the core clock, underclock on the memory clock (core +100, memory -50) by using MSI afterburner.

Atm spreading 3 cards to 3 pools so fully on this coin, i see the price is climbing again!

It's standard with new coins on exchanges, people dump and after that the price get higher but slowly. Its healty, now it's up to the community and dev team to succes this coin. Thanks to the pool operators, thanks to ocminer for reply to me, thanks to everybody what tried to help me (sorry, i fixed it by myself Cheesy)

Love and peace to all
Minerjoen

balist

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 03:01:49 PM

-W 64 is not low
add at the end of the line -g 3   or -g 5
then make test with different -I 17 -I 18 and higher -I 20 to -I 22
for both -g
then You will have about 100 mH 
Lafu
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 03:07:02 PM

anyone tested with 480? i am getting

atm i have this same windows (beter then before but still sucks), i guess this is beter info to fix this new problem? xd

i copied the whole kernel folder to that temp folder and it start mining ( slow so i need to fix that, but it started omfg.... what a circus )

New problem:
gpu driver crash and dont recover so i need to forced shut down the computer the whole time when starting the .bat
What is installed about the GPU?
Newest catalyst
AMD SDK (newest)

i tried the ethereum miner, works like a charm (faster then before the reset xd )

Can somebody show me an .bat for an R9 290 oc tri-x? Or just the R9 290?

Problem found:
u always use MSI afterburner for undervolt and overclocking.

I installed again but someting went wrong, he overclock the memory with 700Mhz!!! also the core get overclocked by 300Mhz. ofcourse that driver crash.

Mining speed now:
84Mh/s with the R9 290 OC TRI-X, low overclock, -1 undervolt

Edit, driver keep crashing, downgrade to catalyst 15.12 now
Edit: with 15.12 keep crashing after few seconds. Get a few dhares and crash. even with clean .bat and also with only I 12 it crash

Edit: test ethereum miner, he just mine without crashes

Edit (again..): when on I 12 it keep running now, but with just 12Mh/s.. When i use G (in the miner) and change the I to 16 is crash directly.

Good my .bat now:
sgminer.exe --kernel lbry -o stratum+tcp://lbry.suprnova.cc:6256 -u minerjoen.1 -p x -I 16 -w 64
pause
Speed: ~50Mh/s
Runtime: approx 7 minutes, stable.
Could be faster, but when i change the Intensivity to 18 he crash.

So solution when sgminer.exe dont start on Windows 10:
Check antivirus
Not the antivirus?
Reset Windows 10 (just by using the menu / settings inside windows 10 and recover it), there is something wrong in Windows 10 why he dont start the sgminer.exe. I also check the regedit but that was all good.

After reset Windows 10 the miner will start
Driver version? Doesn't matter, he will work on 16.x but also on 15.x (no difference in speed)
Install AMD SDK

u can use my .bat file, change ur pool/workername/pass

Believe me, i tested and checked ''everything'' before i reset Windows 10.

Ofcourse the 50Mh/s i get now, is not optimal, it could be faster. I will post any changes i made so the speed get faster. Also we need updates for the sgminer because its simply not optimized. My card should get easy to the I 18 or higher, at this moment i dont get it higher then I 16.

What do you guys think about that -w 64? 64 is low, maybe beter without -w or change the 64 to 256?, check: i deleted the -w 64 total, speed / shares the same so that -w looks useless

I hope the people with the same issues i had can go further now. Remember, the solution is never to throw your computer outside the window Cheesy

Edit:
Dont know why, i used inside the cmd / miner: G -> I on 18. And it runs without crash on I 18, i add/changed the .bat file to -w 256
Speed now: ~71 Mh/s
System (windows) stable, no artifacts, no delays. Just good now.
Little undervolt, little overclock on the core clock, underclock on the memory clock (core +100, memory -50) by using MSI afterburner.

Atm spreading 3 cards to 3 pools so fully on this coin, i see the price is climbing again!

It's standard with new coins on exchanges, people dump and after that the price get higher but slowly. Its healty, now it's up to the community and dev team to succes this coin. Thanks to the pool operators, thanks to ocminer for reply to me, thanks to everybody what tried to help me (sorry, i fixed it by myself Cheesy)

Love and peace to all
Minerjoen

Nice to see you get it hope some Info help by this Hard way to mine

Regards
Lafu

Lafu
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 03:14:39 PM

Been working a bit on LBRY some more...

Results (NSFW): https://ottrbutt.com/miner/wolflbry-07172016.png

Looks very good!  Nice Work when can we get it  Smiley

minerjoen

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 03:16:18 PM

-W 64 is not low
add at the end of the line -g 3   or -g 5
then make test with different -I 17 -I 18 and higher -I 20 to -I 22
for both -g
then You will have about 100 mH 

Can we discuss more about this?

At this moment i have: I 18 (dont know why it work now) and -w 256 i get around the ~70Mh/s

I want to try -g 3 or -g 5 BUT believe me, if the miner crash again i get CRAZZYYYYY, why? because it dont recover, i must put the power button on the computer, put it off and restart the whole system (inclusive 5 extern 2 tb hdd's what all are encrypted) so its totally not funny for me to reboot the computer.

minerjoen

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 03:17:19 PM

Been working on LBRY some more...

Thanks, you almost killed me with your miner, my wife almost shooted me yesterday ( i'm busy for over 20 hours now, finally it runs, but it crash to many times, anyway now it works but with I 18 and 70Mh/s on a R9 290 (x3).

minerjoen

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 03:24:54 PM

Been working on LBRY some more...

Thanks, you almost killed me with your miner, my wife almost shooted me yesterday ( i'm busy for over 20 hours now, finally it runs, but it crash to many times, anyway now it works but with I 18 and 70Mh/s on a R9 290 (x3).

For... the screenshot? Or for spending so much time debugging it?

Your screenshot, at least your background is old, i saw that like 2 years ago also haha..
I showed it now to my wife she said: wtf?

No not about that, i mean your sgminer.exe what didnt work here.. After like 20 hours i decided to reset windows 10 to the basic/start and now it finally start.

But i can not do much about the settings because it will crash. Atm it run with a clean/basic .bat and a -I 18
I can not do much/change because the miner will crash.

If people say i could get around the 100Mh/s i want to know how, without let my miner / computer crash Cheesy

Anyway you're doing your best i know that for years now. Without you we didnt had the current community, you're the back from almost all miners around here, without you there was no cryptocurrency. So dont take me to serious when i say: you almost killed me, because this was the first time in those years i got troubles with running a miner.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 193 »
  Print  

Jump to: