Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 04:47:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Theymos: I do think that MONERO is probably the BEST altcoin right now  (Read 2014 times)
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 10:45:13 PM
Last edit: July 07, 2016, 10:56:08 PM by kiklo

Here is a question for you monero guys.

It always splits a single transaction into 10 different transactions showing up at 10 different address.

Since the none of the block chain transactions show up true , unless you get a view key.

Considering you guys are PoW based which means a 51% attack from processing power is possible,
how are you going to know when someone is double spending the crap out of your coin?

Cool

Every transaction has an associated "Key Image" that gets published when it gets spent. This key image can be mathematically associated with one of the addresses in a ring signature, without knowing which address specifically. Once a member transaction of a ring signature is spent, the key image is published, and any subsequent attempt to spend from that member (even with a totally different set of members in the ring) will produce the same key image. This is how double spends are prevented.

1. All members of a ring signature were spendable at some point.
2. All members of a ring signature have a unique key image.
3. When a transaction is performed, a ring signature is generated, and a key image attached.
4. If the key image has not been previously published, then we know that at least one of the members of the ring signature has not been spent from, and the key image belongs to that member.
5. Thus, we can conclude that the ring signature is spending coins that have not previously been spent, and those coins came from a transaction that was at one point spendable. Therefore, there is no chance that this transaction is a double spend.

If you want some more information, I can pull up a (math heavy) whitepaper for you to refer to.

So , you are saying that a double spend would generate the same ring signature and that is how you would be able to tell a double spend happened.
Does your explorer show ring signatures or key images ?
If so , please provide a link.

Thanks.
 Cool
needmoney90

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 10:58:30 PM

Here is a question for you monero guys.

It always splits a single transaction into 10 different transactions showing up at 10 different address.

Since the none of the block chain transactions show up true , unless you get a view key.

Considering you guys are PoW based which means a 51% attack from processing power is possible,
how are you going to know when someone is double spending the crap out of your coin?

Cool

Every transaction has an associated "Key Image" that gets published when it gets spent. This key image can be mathematically associated with one of the addresses in a ring signature, without knowing which address specifically. Once a member transaction of a ring signature is spent, the key image is published, and any subsequent attempt to spend from that member (even with a totally different set of members in the ring) will produce the same key image. This is how double spends are prevented.

1. All members of a ring signature were spendable at some point.
2. All members of a ring signature have a unique key image.
3. When a transaction is performed, a ring signature is generated, and a key image attached.
4. If the key image has not been previously published, then we know that at least one of the members of the ring signature has not been spent from, and the key image belongs to that member.
5. Thus, we can conclude that the ring signature is spending coins that have not previously been spent, and those coins came from a transaction that was at one point spendable. Therefore, there is no chance that this transaction is a double spend.

If you want some more information, I can pull up a (math heavy) whitepaper for you to refer to.

So , you are saying that a double spend would generate the same ring signature and that is how you would be able to tell a double spend happened.
Does your explorer show ring signatures?
If so , please provide a link.

Thanks.
 Cool

So, lets say I have a ring signature with 4 inputs. Each of the inputs has a unique key image associated with it. If I generate two different ring signatures that both are trying to spend from the same input (where the other 3 inputs are different), both of those ring signatures will have the same key image, and only one will be accepted.

So, a double spend attempt will produce a ring signature with a key image that has already been spent, and will get rejected.

You can see the images produced for each ring signature in a transaction here, in the 'image' column: http://chainradar.com/xmr/transaction/2bce59e0e35e2ad01656bc7db97d3103b0c89a11d3c2d04ea06c11f4553663f9
BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

Activity: 1210
Merit: 1024

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 02:52:26 AM

This guy is a reverse shill and we disown him from the Monero community

Please report to moderators as Spam

Not true.

Moneroman88 has been a tried and true supporter of Monero since the first day.

Rpietila, arguably the face of early Monero publicly supported Moneroman88.

Smooth, Fluffypony and quite a few others were also supportive of Moneroman88.

He fell a little out of favor for calling a lot of you guys out for the blatant BS you were engaging in.

How despicable that this current crop of Monero frontmen treat an early core member like Moneroman88.

Moneroman88 is a card carrying member of the core founders of Monero.

~BCX~
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2016, 03:22:11 AM

This guy is a reverse shill and we disown him from the Monero community

Please report to moderators as Spam

Not true.

Moneroman88 has been a tried and true supporter of Monero since the first day.

Rpietila, arguably the face of early Monero publicly supported Moneroman88.

Smooth, Fluffypony and quite a few others were also supportive of Moneroman88.

He fell a little out of favor for calling a lot of you guys out for the blatant BS you were engaging in.

How despicable that this current crop of Monero frontmen treat an early core member like Moneroman88.

Moneroman88 is a card carrying member of the core founders of Monero.

~BCX~

Despicable? Really? Maybe reserve that word for ethnic cleansing, human trafficking and other such despicable things. Otherwise (like threatening to destroy coins too much and failing) it loses its effect on the reader.

I like Moneroman88, but every person in the Monero community can decide for themselves who they like and who they don't without being despicable.

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 07:02:59 AM

theymos supports Monero ?
Now i see what they were allowed to post a Giveaway topic here the other day LOL
There is rules then "Staff" rules  Cheesy

Monero was a clone coin.
It was created when we already had 1,000's of coins.
Simply to tack on ANON shit.
Which was a gimmick.. and excuse..
To make another coin.  Roll Eyes

And worse it's a DUMB gimmick.
Anon coins will not work.. if you believe that you are a moron
and should head over to a centralized exchange like Poloniex and buy Anon coins
..with your picture ID
Then head over to silk road and buy crack & ak47's

Just bear in mind if a warrant is served to theymos for your info he will comply with it.
..as any American would.
So "Anon" what now ?  Roll Eyes
Gimme a break LOL

Did i mention the various reasons why an ANON coin would not work technically ?
Oh yeah i did !
I created a whole topic on it and explained in great detail.

Then we have a coin that had a sketchy community take over at Launch
because these idiots did not notice a coin named Bytecoin already existed etc etc.
Which i do not believe.. i bet anything the "dev" simply changed names.

Then..
We have a coin that is a pet project of a guy who lives in a Castle & drives a Bentley.
Who has kept it afloat buy buying hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of Monero.
Had it not been for Billy Corgan this coin would have been delisted 2 yrs ago.

Then..
We have a crew of deceitful spammy bag holders that are inept and have done nothing to improve
the situation of Monero in 2 years but lie, troll and play games galore.. making things worse.
Doing all kinds of lunatic bullshit shenanigans.. and getting caught !

That all sounds wonderful huh ?
theymos approved ?
What other moronic shenanigans does he approve of ? (as this topic & it's replies suggest)
Buy moar cheap coins i guess huh ? nom nom nom

Me ?
I lost respect for theymos ..his advocating this gay shit coin is retarded.

FUD first & ask questions later™
btcbug

Activity: 399
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 01:59:12 PM

Did i mention the various reasons why an ANON coin would not work technically ?
Oh yeah i did !
I created a whole topic on it and explained in great detail.

Searched, couldn't find it. Can you share the link? I'm interested in hearing. Thanks.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 03:40:21 PM

Everyone knows you're the biggest Monero bull around Spoetnik, you're more transparent than TrueCryptonaire. Cheesy

I just think it's fucking bullshit Staff here favor Monero and let them break rules all the time
when some of us get nit-picked and rode around like a fucking pony.

- Their Speculation topic is an obscene level of spammy garbage.
- Letting them post giveaway topics.
- Letting them post paid advertisement "games" for "powerful adoption assets"

Others pull the shit they pull they are swiftly hammered.

The coin is a scam.

A shitty ass stupid OBVIOUS TRANSPARENT GIMMICK CLONE COIN

Run by and supported by a pile of inept mouthy cocky idiots.
And a manipulative whale.. with an admitted mental problem (was in loony bin)
Also claimed in his infinite wisdom BTC will be a million dollars per coin.

I could write a book thicker than a phone book listing Monero problems.
Like it's retard gay name..  Roll Eyes

Whale Coin
Risto Coin
Millionaire Play Coin
Smashing Pumpkins Coin
LTC + Anon Gimmick Coin
Worlds Most Irritating Idiot Dipshit Bag Holder Coin

Fuck Monero.. buy DASH  Cheesy

@btcbug
[FACT] Anon coins will never work !

FUD first & ask questions later™
Moneroman88 (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 08:11:07 PM

Monero going to $100 atm.
btcdamnit

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 08:16:50 PM

Darknet user are angry because of so much price volatility.
I think it's just all about pump and dump as of now
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 06:10:41 AM

Monero going to $100 atm.

thank you for bumping this topic of yours from the grave. it is so rare that I like seeing an old topic come up but this time I am really glad. reading the replies especially that Jennifer Lawrence chart guy was the best thing. the Monero price has gone up nearly 900% from that chart which is awesome.

these topics help us build a mental thing about other users to see who is just posting false negative or false positive posts about altcoins.

p.s. although I think there is a very long way to go and reach $100 but I wouldn't be surprised if that really happened in the future for XMR

Only Bitcoin
MoneroClassic

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 08:05:02 AM

After Monero hard forked on April 6th, there are XMR (the new Monero chain) and XMC (original chain).

Pools mining XMC: Antpool, Poolin, Frogpool, 91pool, F2POOL
Exchange: CoinEx, Xstar, gate.io
Wallet: LoMoStar

Telegram group: t.me/xmccurrency
Twitter:https://twitter.com/xmccurrency

XMC in Exchanges:
CoinEx: https://www.coinex.com/trading?currency=bch&dest=xmc&tab=limit
Gate.io: https://gateio.io/trade/XMC_BTC

Monero Classic team chose to maintain the original chain and did not follow the upgrade initiated by Monero team. We believe the emergence of specialized mining machines for a cryptocurrency is a normal market economy phenomenon and it could greatly improve network security. With specialized mining machines , the events like “Monero was attacked by more than 500,000 botnets” could be avoided. On the opposite, Monero developers' constant change of algorithm creates more centralization.
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1107

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 06:03:41 PM

After Monero hard forked on April 6th, there are XMR (the new Monero chain) and XMC (original chain).

Pools mining XMC: Antpool, Poolin, Frogpool, 91pool, F2POOL
Exchange: CoinEx, Xstar, gate.io
Wallet: LoMoStar

Telegram group: t.me/xmccurrency
Twitter:https://twitter.com/xmccurrency

XMC in Exchanges:
CoinEx: https://www.coinex.com/trading?currency=bch&dest=xmc&tab=limit
Gate.io: https://gateio.io/trade/XMC_BTC

Monero Classic team chose to maintain the original chain and did not follow the upgrade initiated by Monero team. We believe the emergence of specialized mining machines for a cryptocurrency is a normal market economy phenomenon and it could greatly improve network security. With specialized mining machines , the events like “Monero was attacked by more than 500,000 botnets” could be avoided. On the opposite, Monero developers' constant change of algorithm creates more centralization.

Nobody wants to mine your shitty fork with your now extremely overpriced hardware, just let it die. Also, I believe thermos now holds Wownero in the highest regard with respect to altcoins.
Imfinnabeon

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

Decentralize The $15-Trillion Global Trade Industr

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 06:14:35 PM

Despite the fact that Monero wasn't technically 100% secure and private until recently, it probably was the industry leader at that time and still is. DASH is a close second but they seem to undertaking the marketing route more than technical. I prefer a technically sound coin to a hyped up one (not saying DASH is necessarily).

paxmao
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1587

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 06:40:31 PM

What I find most interesting about all this is that he is optimistic about someday, having a sidechain of bitcoin that achieves the same as Monero and believes that scales poorly.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: