Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:38:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you do when BTC shoots up?  (Read 17015 times)
juras54

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 12:02:18 AM

I do not trade, buy once Bitcoin and just waiting for a very high price to sell

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
virasog
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1159

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 03:52:30 AM

At this moment, I'm selling about 25% amount of my total bitcoin into fiat.
And for other rest, I'm keep holding until next halving, I'm sure the bitcoin value will grow exponentially over time so I can't sell all it out.

Anyway I was so shocked that bitcoin reach highest value on this year

Same here! Bitcoin has the potential to reward it's investors. I become encouraged when I see bitcoins rising in value and I introduce it to other people outside the crypto community. I do this even when the price corrects. Bitcoin is for everyone and the success of bitcoin depends on how much people decides to use it.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
burner2014

Activity: 952
Merit: 515

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 04:11:11 AM

And for other rest, I'm keep holding until next halving, I'm sure the bitcoin value will grow exponentially over time so I can't sell all it out.

Same here! Bitcoin has the potential to reward it's investors. I become encouraged when I see bitcoins rising in value and I introduce it to other people outside the crypto community. I do this even when the price corrects. Bitcoin is for everyone and the success of bitcoin depends on how much people decides to use it.

I can see that bitcoin would boom the following year especially in our country where there are lots of users who joined this forum.
Everyday there are lots of users getting interested here like you especially business minded person who sees bitcoin as one of their investments.
So, I think we have a good start on the year 2017. Let us all 'cheer' at the end of the year.
Dmitry.Vastov

Activity: 840
Merit: 520

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 02:13:53 PM

Yeah. Thats what is traders do. They buy when the price is cheap and sell when the price pumps up. Right now bitcoin is a best crypto right now because of its good rally. Its hard to choose altcoins right now. But altcoins are good for long term trading. Long patience is a must when trading altcoins because it takes time to pump the price depending on the hype.
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1131

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 03:41:15 PM

Yeah. Thats what is traders do. They buy when the price is cheap and sell when the price pumps up. Right now bitcoin is a best crypto right now because of its good rally. Its hard to choose altcoins right now. But altcoins are good for long term trading. Long patience is a must when trading altcoins because it takes time to pump the price depending on the hype.
Making profits on altcoin will only depend on what altcoin did you put your money on because we all know that most alts doesn't give any guarantee because most of them are just designed for a pump and dump scheme.Its really a normal thing for most people who hold bitcoin would sell off their coins when it reaches a high price because they could see that they gain profits on that and that's definitely a trading.

justdimin

Activity: 2996
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 07:13:51 PM

I guess you are saying the opposite because bitcoins are much much more stable than alt coins and price change is quick in alt coins while its steady and slow in bitcoins.

Anyways I just wish for the price to reach even higher values when I see it rising to high values, I guess the best time to sell bitcoins is around new year because a lot of people buy btc that time and hence the market is high, though I am empty at such events since I spend all Tongue

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 08:35:38 PM

today is one of the cases of this happening in real time. right now as i am typing this price is $867 on bitfinex and it has shot up in less than a day. now the question is what is everyone doing in this case?

i am personally looking for a top to sell some coins and wait for a bottom to buy back more. probably on 880ish price. but i have to wait and see.
I guess you should not sell if you really trust bitcoins. Brother this time for some reason I am sensing like bitcoins would cross 1250$ barrier in coming 10 days, I really hope so too. I have around 1.21 bitcoins overall if I collect from all wallets and sites and yet I am saving them only because I am damn sure this time it will reach a very high value.
lionheart78
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1152

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2016, 08:52:01 PM

today is one of the cases of this happening in real time. right now as i am typing this price is $867 on bitfinex and it has shot up in less than a day. now the question is what is everyone doing in this case?

i am personally looking for a top to sell some coins and wait for a bottom to buy back more. probably on 880ish price. but i have to wait and see.
I guess you should not sell if you really trust bitcoins. Brother this time for some reason I am sensing like bitcoins would cross 1250$ barrier in coming 10 days, I really hope so too. I have around 1.21 bitcoins overall if I collect from all wallets and sites and yet I am saving them only because I am damn sure this time it will reach a very high value.

Selling Bitcoin does not mean we have lost our faith in it. People who are day trading or short trading believes that bitcoin will bounce back once they buy in its price decline.  It is a simple means of  maximizing the possible profit in Bitcoin while waiting for its price to increase and eventually exit at a target price.

I don't know where you get the foundation of Bitcoin breaking $1200  in 10 days, or is it a mere wish hoping to come true?

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 08:58:09 PM

If you are a day trader with some time to spare, there is nothing wrong with flowing with and enjoying the ride. First thing is to establish the main trend of an asset, bitcoin in this case then a trader can always sell at the crest and lie in wait to buy again at the trough and that can be done several time a day given the volatility of bitcoin.
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 06:23:02 PM

Actually it is good that you introduce people to bitcoins but I am sorry to say brother but the best time to introduce people to bitcoins is when the price is low so that when people invest in bitcoins they see bitcoins growing, while if they would invest at the peak they wont be able to gain maximum profits and some might even consider a scam operation Sad , I hope you understand what I actually mean.
Bitcoinsummoner

Activity: 1330
Merit: 622

Maintain Social Distance, Stay safe.

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2016, 06:30:43 PM

Actually it is good that you introduce people to bitcoins but I am sorry to say brother but the best time to introduce people to bitcoins is when the price is low so that when people invest in bitcoins they see bitcoins growing, while if they would invest at the peak they wont be able to gain maximum profits and some might even consider a scam operation Sad , I hope you understand what I actually mean.
Its not too late for them if you want to introduce it to other people it is better to say that buying bitcoin still not too late and i think we are still in early stage. that i think the price of bitcoin will not stay long in this level and i think more price increase will happen these following years.. because more adoption will come and many feature will be added..

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
molsewid

Activity: 2170
Merit: 530

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 06:40:01 PM

when the price of bitcoin shoots up im selling it to usd so i can buy more bitcoin whhen it drop back down. soon it will drop back down so thats my opportunity to have more bitcoin than i have today. it's like a cycle soon i can have my own gambling site or some service site where im accepting bitcoin as a payment because im a freelancer.
lionheart78
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1152

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2016, 06:47:10 PM

I think any day is good time to introduce Bitcoin to a friend, relative or even a stranger.  Introducing Bitcoin does not mean you are forcing or telling them to buy it.  It is a simply you are informing them that there is this cryptocurrency that exist and can be use anywhere in the world if there is a merchant or exchanger that is accepting or converting Bitcoin to local currency.  It is also in our discretion to tell them the right time to buy Bitcoin. I am sure we will not force them to buy Bitcoin at its Peak price.

when the price of bitcoin shoots up im selling it to usd so i can buy more bitcoin whhen it drop back down. soon it will drop back down so thats my opportunity to have more bitcoin than i have today. it's like a cycle soon i can have my own gambling site or some service site where im accepting bitcoin as a payment because im a freelancer.

Same here i will sell my bitcoin at peak price then rebuy at its dip.  Rinse and repeat. Until I have enough savings to put up a business that accept bitcoin.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 07:17:51 PM

I'll do the holding bitcoin as long as possible. I know that the price of bitcoin will rise even higher.
do holding bitcoin need great patience, we are required to take the right decision and carefully.
Yeah and some people have a mentality that the maximum price is 1000$ and it would drop once it reaches that value, while its not truth at all.

Guys understand technically the bitcoins are limited in market and hence the price would just increase and increase only and the community is spreading plus a lot of coins are lost too, so the lesser the bitcoins are in the market and more the people, the higher would be the price of bitcoins.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
2double0
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 08:57:34 PM

I just sell my bitcoins when the price of it shoots up, but not in the hope of buying it back again as I don't buy bitcoins but either use them or sell them for high prices and use the fiat for some expenses to be covered. Holding them is not a good option IMO, I think one should take the risk and trade them as many chances show up when there is just a pump-dump show, so they can make something out of it.
susila_bai

Activity: 1260
Merit: 524

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 09:14:33 PM

I use to do trading most of the time and i had sold some bitcoins when it went above $910 and when it went down i buyed back at $890 but most of my holded bitcoins are used for sports betting and poker betting
DApptothefuture

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2016, 09:23:52 PM

Try using trailing orders to protect yourself against trend reversals if a position is open or use it to enter into a position on a trend reversal if you do not have an open position.  

MyBit designs products that open up the world, creating tools that enable freedom and wealth generation for everyone.
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 09:24:08 PM

I do not trade, buy once Bitcoin and just waiting for a very high price to sell
Quite simple and nice but do you sell the bitcoins when they reach a value like 900$ or so ?
I never sell at these moments rather I prefer to sell bitcoins when the price starts dropping from the maximum value because usually the price either goes up and up or goes down and down only.
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 10:20:40 PM

In every place I'm just holding my bitcoins. As in the case of bitcoin's shooting up - just holding it, as in the case of bitcoin's shooting down - just holding it and thinking to buy some, but I never buy, always haven't free money in that moment to spend it for buying bitcoin.
boyshx

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 10:24:29 PM

If a decline was much obvious I would sell and expect to buy back when it's lower. But how can you know? What if its just a bear trap?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: