Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:35:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ELLIOTT WAVE ANALYSIS OF BITCOIN (BTC/USD) PRICE  (Read 5775 times)
sandiman

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 09:57:55 AM

Perfect example of completely misunderstanding bitcoin's value and where it comes from. You can't apply traditional chart analysis to bitcoin - ask Matthecat how that went. Things like elliot wave have no meaning here.

Mathecat was not even doing chart analysis, just gambling (everything he was doing is again and again pointed as stuff not to do in every trading books...). Nonetheless, you can have a look at chesnut and masterluc topic (both using EW), which are probably the most accurate price forecast in the forum (from far away).
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Afrikoin
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

alan watts is all you need

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 11:40:11 AM

Perfect example of completely misunderstanding bitcoin's value and where it comes from. You can't apply traditional chart analysis to bitcoin - ask Matthecat how that went. Things like elliot wave have no meaning here.

Mathecat was not even doing chart analysis, just gambling (everything he was doing is again and again pointed as stuff not to do in every trading books...). Nonetheless, you can have a look at chesnut and masterluc topic (both using EW), which are probably the most accurate price forecast in the forum (from far away).

Mathecat was a parody.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

mnandii (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 01:53:32 PM

Jesus Christ! Does the uninformed majority replies to my analysis ever heard of Elliott Waves? Does this mean that this forum is for half wits? Surely if you don't agree with a forecast you should explain your reasons for saying so. But simply dismissing and worse attacking me shows mediocrity on your part. Angry
sandiman

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 02:09:59 PM

Jesus Christ! Does the uninformed majority replies to my analysis ever heard of Elliott Waves? Does this mean that this forum is for half wits? Surely if you don't agree with a forecast you should explain your reasons for saying so. But simply dismissing and worse attacking me shows mediocrity on your part. Angry

Keep it up, on that topic or creating a new moderated one. bitcointalk needs more great analysis and not pointless speculation based on one's mood.
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 02:56:54 PM

#1) People here won't accept an "It's going down" analysis.
#2) I already proved it is possible to use EW to call the markets, but ignorance is bliss, I guess
#3) Trolls and over invested fuck wits*
#4) Self moderated topics go a long way in keeping the bandwagon(ing) to a minimum.

These people are toxic sheep. Arrows pointing up, trains, rockets and moons are the only hieroglyphs they understand and everything else is foreign so unacceptable.

chesthing
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 03:53:07 PM

I'll bet you any amount of money bitcoin does not go below $100 then back up to $2000 from here. Your analysis based on elliot waves is seriously half witted because it extrapolates chart data from a time with almost no volume to now. Apply elliot wave analysis to regulated markets, not here unless you like losing your time and money.
sandiman

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 04:26:07 PM

I'll bet you any amount of money bitcoin does not go below $100 then back up to $2000 from here. Your analysis based on elliot waves is seriously half witted because it extrapolates chart data from a time with almost no volume to now. Apply elliot wave analysis to regulated markets, not here unless you like losing your time and money.

stop wasting your time in here, I am sorry but you are making yourself a fool here ... anyone that read 10 minutes about EW knows that what you are saying is BS... !
chesthing
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 04:46:06 PM

stop wasting your time in here, I am sorry but you are making yourself a fool here ... anyone that read 10 minutes about EW knows that what you are saying is BS... !

Lol ok man, good luck waiting for $85 coins and massive good luck to you waiting for $2k coins after that. What a serious bunch of bullshit. The only reason shit like that happened a few years ago is because of the super low volume and most coins owned by 1 or 2 whales. You can see this happen all the time in shitcoin trading, but those days are over for bitcoin. Shit this extreme doesn't happen at all in regulated markets, that's because they don't allow the shenanigans that goes on with crypto trading. Elliot waves make sense there, they don't make sense here.
sandiman

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 04:50:56 PM

Lol ok man, good luck waiting for $85 coins and massive good luck to you waiting for $2k coins after that. What a serious bunch of bullshit. The only reason shit like that happened a few years ago is because of the super low volume and most coins owned by 1 or 2 whales. You can see this happen all the time in shitcoin trading, but those days are over for bitcoin. Shit this extreme doesn't happen at all in regulated markets, that's because they don't allow the shenanigans that goes on with crypto trading. Elliot waves make sense there, they don't make sense here.

once again repeating the same nonsense, if one day we get there, it will be thanks to guys like you that will panic sell. That would be a shame as you would have been warned several time in here ... Wink
chesthing
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 04:53:29 PM

once again repeating the same nonsense, if one day we get there, it will be thanks to guys like you that will panic sell. That would be a shame as you would have been warned several time in here ... Wink

I believe $2k coins could very well happen, but not after a drop to $85 - that's impossible at this stage of the game.
sandiman

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 05:10:06 PM

I believe $2k coins could very well happen, but not after a drop to $85 - that's impossible at this stage of the game.

I am knew here, but I am pretty sure this reasoning was existent and destroyed by each huge dumps bitcoin faced
phoenix1

Activity: 798

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 05:13:26 PM

And in those words of deep wisdom lie the answer to exactly why it can happen  Wink

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves"  - Confucius (China 551BC-479 BC)
Shiroslullaby

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 05:19:35 PM

I signed up for the free content at
www.elliottwave.com

and have done a little research, but since I'm still very new to this,
can someone explain the theory on why coins would have to drop to something as low as $85 before they would go up to $2000?

It seems to me that if coins ever went back down to $85 it would be the result of people using a different coin, etc. (AKA Bitcoin is dead at that point.)

phoenix1

Activity: 798

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 05:40:48 PM
Last edit: August 21, 2016, 06:03:34 PM by phoenix1

www.elliottwave.com

can someone explain the theory on why coins would have to drop to something as low as $85 before they would go up to $2000?

It seems to me that if coins ever went back down to $85 it would be the result of people using a different coin, etc. (AKA Bitcoin is dead at that point.)

Nobody is saying it *has to* happen ...
Some are just more open-minded to alternate possibilites and paths than others
OP's count looks perfectly valid in EW terms to me, but its not the *only* count

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves"  - Confucius (China 551BC-479 BC)
yefi
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 07:58:36 PM

Anyone who utters 'impossible' immediately discredits their position.
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 08:45:03 PM

www.elliottwave.com

Nobody is saying it *has to* happen ...
Some are just more open-minded to alternate possibilites and paths than others
OP's count looks perfectly valid in EW terms to me, but its not the *only* count

Agreed! Another count allows higher highs but not the $40k everyone thinks this "historical III" would go. It would then be followed by an even longer bear market than the 2014-15 one.

...and moves like OP's chart would never happen in traditional stocks, right?

97% drop by one of the biggest names in internet. Certain death, of course  Roll Eyes

chesthing
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 11:30:42 PM

Anyone who utters 'impossible' immediately discredits their position.

From where we are right now, a drop to sub $100 followed by $2k would be impossible, and I'm not going into the reasons why it's a waste of time. It is you and every other fool disagreeing with me that is discredited. It's all a totally moot point because it's not going to happen, same as the dollar crash isn't going to happen, you tin hat wearing sob.
Shiroslullaby

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 01:35:46 AM

Nothing is "impossible", but it's more than likely "improbable"
(So maybe we are arguing over semantics.)

I honestly feel like the price is just going to keep going up and down around $100-150 unless something big happens.
We need another big company to start accepting payment in BTC, or the only movement we will see are sharp drops due to panic sales,
(exchange hack etc)
followed by a steady climb back to the original price.

thebetsport

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 02:58:44 AM

you have elliot waves indicator or not
indicator can make use to MT4, and you have accurate or not in apply to trade with bitcoin
yefi
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 03:59:02 AM

From where we are right now, a drop to sub $100 followed by $2k would be impossible, and I'm not going into the reasons why it's a waste of time. It is you and every other fool disagreeing with me that is discredited. It's all a totally moot point because it's not going to happen, same as the dollar crash isn't going to happen, you tin hat wearing sob.

I see contingencies aren't part of your vocab. Well, they're part of mine, because I am not so arrogant as to assume unlikely events are impossible. This does not make one a "tin-hat wearing son-of-a-bitch", rather it makes one circumspect.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: