Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:50:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: btcrow.com - a legit escrow service?  (Read 3365 times)
lucky1064 (OP)

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 08:48:33 PM

Looks like Australian (thats good I guess.)

Looks like its operated by a member of the board for 2 years, and the site has been up about that long.

Does it get good ratings from users?

Any fraud accusations?
(No offense to BTCrow - just asking the board's opinion, after losing money elsewhere, figured it cant hurt to ask.

A bunch of good responses would be good advertisement for you - so hope you don't mind.

Would appreciate any opinions.
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2013, 05:31:58 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2013, 05:44:36 PM by TheButterZone

BTCrow is fully automated if both parties are honest. Not sure what happens if the escrow falls into dispute. I've never been able to talk with the admins about anything.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
lucky1064 (OP)

Activity: 48

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 12:44:37 PM

Just a bump - since no one could really provide input on fraud, escrow conflict all the things that matter with such a company,...

I'm getting daily PM's from people not willing to use escrow - board member or a site like this - I'm now operating on the assumption all such people are scammers.  This is based on the advice of three moderators, and other members. 

Very difficult to buy btc - at least when bit instant was down - and paying $125 fee plus highest mtgov rate from them is not an enticing option.
Oldsport

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 03:00:12 PM

Nice system, I wouldn't use it with untrusted members and sketchy currencies for the reasons TheButterZone has mentioned. However, when dealing between two good members it makes life easier. Only hitch, is that status sometimes takes a while to update, and the 24hours before you receive BTC is not an over exaggeration.

canada

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 10:13:37 AM

looks like the site was sold last year for $1000. which is very cheap considering this is quite the scalable business model

https://flippa.com/2644360-90-m-pr2-1-hour-week-work-consistent-growth-1-no-reserve-fast-sale
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 01:43:05 PM

Never heard of it.

Your best bet is to pick someone from the WoT list as your escrow. Preferably somebody both of you know.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
BTCrow

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

BTCrow.com

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 08:10:45 AM

Just a bump - since no one could really provide input on fraud, escrow conflict all the things that matter with such a company,...

I'm getting daily PM's from people not willing to use escrow - board member or a site like this - I'm now operating on the assumption all such people are scammers.  This is based on the advice of three moderators, and other members. 

Very difficult to buy btc - at least when bit instant was down - and paying $125 fee plus highest mtgov rate from them is not an enticing option.

I can assure you btcrow.com is not into defrauding anyone. We've processed transactions over 500 BTC at a time.

In my experience if they don't want to use escrow, they're normally pulling some type of fraud. We encounter a lot of scammers who do PP charge-back fraud some weeks after the escrow has completed. We don't recommend selling BTC for PP, the risks simply aren't worth it.

income2014

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 02:21:51 AM

Looks like Australian (thats good I guess.)

Looks like its operated by a member of the board for 2 years, and the site has been up about that long.

Does it get good ratings from users?

Any fraud accusations?
(No offense to BTCrow - just asking the board's opinion, after losing money elsewhere, figured it cant hurt to ask.

A bunch of good responses would be good advertisement for you - so hope you don't mind.

Would appreciate any opinions.

--

i just used BTCrow.com yesterday as the BUYER...
   Set up escrow and in less than 20 hours the process was SAFELY & EFFICIENTLY completed!

i got the Domain i was purchasing & BTCrow released payment to SELLER!!!

BTRCrow.com Fees SUPER Low compared to Escrow.com who does NOT allow BTC.
   BTCrow.com was 3 days FASTER than my transaction on Escrow.com last month.

For ALL future BTC/Domain Escrow Needs i Have... Will Use BTCCrow Over & Over.

Post here if you have any Qs about the process...

Happy To Help,

Warren
rob1313

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 06:15:52 AM

I can't believe how a service that been around for such a long time has so few reviews. Can any trusted members vouch for this site?

tip if i help you. doge: D7zzbMR9mxmtDQWWNfrRGY5fFNUnrwexSQ or BTC: 1Fot8CrsuxcZUw6qYX3sVpNo5MDtaf7ZS2
leave rep here for any transaction. 
BTC mining contracts for only 0.0058 BTC / GHs
income2014

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 09:12:19 PM

MY PRIOR POST... UP ABOVE...

i just used BTCrow.com March 14 2014 as the BUYER...
   Set up escrow and in less than 20 hours the process was SAFELY & EFFICIENTLY completed!

i got the Domain i was purchasing & BTCrow released payment to SELLER!!!

BTRCrow.com Fees SUPER Low compared to Escrow.com who does NOT allow BTC.
   BTCrow.com was 3 days FASTER than my transaction on Escrow.com last month.

For ALL future BTC/Domain Escrow Needs i Have... Will Use BTCCrow Over & Over.

Post here if you have any Qs about the process...

Happy To Help,

Warren

i am a NEW Member... but a REAL User of BTCCrow.

i felt the same as you... even called the owner and asked why so FEW reviews after so many years.

BUT decided to use their service since the other options seemed even more untrustworthy!

BTCCrow turned out to be legit... FAST... and easy to use.

Just a customer's perspective.
Trust-Escrow

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 05:16:14 AM

look guys BTCrow already sold by owner . we have another greate option for Bitcoin Escrow did you see https://trust-escrow.com  there is one more greate option you can buy and sell btc also Smiley so it a complete soluation
Clashriot

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 06:46:17 PM

I very much don't like operation of SOPPORT btcrow.com.
They report: " Complete the form below to get in contact with us. We typically respond very quickly within business hours (9am-5pm)"
But actually on three addresses to them with a request urgently to help me I didn't receive any response !!!
Because of similar operation of SUPPORT I consider that it not reliable Escrow service as they don't keep the promises and in case of any deception they won't be able to help neither the seller, nor the buyer.
Therefore I don't advise in case of the inference of transactions to use as the guarantor of BTCrow.com
melisande

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 08:06:51 PM

I dont have much to say about your question but you can read a little here http://www.bitdaily.com/news/do-not-use-btcrowcom-scam-redditcom
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: