Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:29:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How old is earth  (Read 12837 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 09:01:35 PM

I'd like to see how Young Earth Creationists try to explain the existence of aged dinosaur fossils. I mean, I do admit that everything I know could be wrong. But I don't rely on alternatives like absolute certainty from a book whose supporters literally claim humans coexisted with dinosaurs.

Dinosaurs were created along with everything else. All the fossils are generally miss-dated. Consider, there is such a thing as rot. Delicate ferns and mollusk and other fossils would have completely rotted away long before they could ever think about fossilizing, if the standard of 10,000 or more years for fossilization was accurate.

Fossilization in the ancient past was a process that we probably don't understand at all. But, we DO have several fossilized people and other things that we know are only a hundred years old or less.

In other words, fossilization that takes less than a hundred years is in evidence. So the whole theory about the age of "aged dinosaurs" needs to be re-hashed.

Cool

Which dinosaur did Jesus ride? Why aren't dinosaurs ever mentioned in the Bible?

Now you are being just silly. By far the majority of animals and birds and fish are not mentioned in the Bible by kind. Like the rest, dinosaurs are mention in general reference to all the animals.

Probably the dinosaurs died out shortly after the Great Flood of Noah's day, not being able to find enough food to keep them going after they were let out of the ark.

Cool

I guess that explains why so many bugs went extinct. They were stomped on by T-Rexes on the ark. Natural selection at work.

The ark was of a size and shape that the dinosaurs could have been kept caged, and the insects, as well, in different cages.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
awesome31312

Activity: 826
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 09:07:09 PM

I'd like to see how Young Earth Creationists try to explain the existence of aged dinosaur fossils. I mean, I do admit that everything I know could be wrong. But I don't rely on alternatives like absolute certainty from a book whose supporters literally claim humans coexisted with dinosaurs.

Dinosaurs were created along with everything else. All the fossils are generally miss-dated. Consider, there is such a thing as rot. Delicate ferns and mollusk and other fossils would have completely rotted away long before they could ever think about fossilizing, if the standard of 10,000 or more years for fossilization was accurate.

Fossilization in the ancient past was a process that we probably don't understand at all. But, we DO have several fossilized people and other things that we know are only a hundred years old or less.

In other words, fossilization that takes less than a hundred years is in evidence. So the whole theory about the age of "aged dinosaurs" needs to be re-hashed.

Cool

Which dinosaur did Jesus ride? Why aren't dinosaurs ever mentioned in the Bible?

Now you are being just silly. By far the majority of animals and birds and fish are not mentioned in the Bible by kind. Like the rest, dinosaurs are mention in general reference to all the animals.

Probably the dinosaurs died out shortly after the Great Flood of Noah's day, not being able to find enough food to keep them going after they were let out of the ark.

Cool

I guess that explains why so many bugs went extinct. They were stomped on by T-Rexes on the ark. Natural selection at work.

The ark was of a size and shape that the dinosaurs could have been kept caged, and the insects, as well, in different cages.

Cool

What about parasites? (I don't mean churches, I mean the microscopic organisms that need a host to survive)

Who was hosting them?

Account recovered 08-12-2019
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 09:13:12 PM

Cool

Cool

Cool

What about parasites? (I don't mean churches, I mean the microscopic organisms that need a host to survive)

Who was hosting them?

You can do your own research into parasites and who hosts them.    Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 02:48:25 AM

Cool

Cool

Cool

Who was hosting them?

The problem with repeating religious dogma that bends into the scientifc domains is that you are immediately in areas you don't know anything about.

There are many, many ways to get a first approximation of the age of the earth, the age of the moon, and the universe.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 03:24:52 AM

Cool

Cool

Cool

Who was hosting them?

The problem with repeating religious dogma that bends into the scientifc domains is that you are immediately in areas you don't know anything about.

There are many, many ways to get a first approximation of the age of the earth, the age of the moon, and the universe.

This is exactly the thing that I have been talking about for a long time. Science theory that is believed as fact, since it is not known to be fact, is religious dogma that is bending into scientific domains.

"There are many, many ways to get a first approximation of the age of the earth," but so what? None of the ways are based in fact, because there are too many possible happenings in the past that could throw the approximations way off. In other words, these approximations are theory. Believing them to be fact is a faith thing. It is full-blown religion even though it isn't considered to be such by the believers, the science followers.

When scientists examine the whole aspect of the Bible record - including the nation of Ancient Israel, the life-sense contained in the Bible, the prophesies that have been fulfilled and those that are being played out, the fact of the Dead Sea Scrolls accuracy comparison to present day Bible, that the record of the Bible is factual in the areas where it is known (the walls of Jericho), and many other things - they find that there is way more solidity in the Bible than there is in their so-called scientific investigations in other ways.

Couple this with the fact that science proves God exists, as well as nature shows that God exists, and modern science turns out to be the wild religion.

Cool

Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 10:17:55 AM

Well, if you listen God in the Old testament, all universe and our planet was created in 6 days!
If you ask Jews, earth is about 6 000 years old.
If you ask scientists, earth is about 4 billion years old.
So, what is truth?
In my opinion we should more believe in science than religion.
I'm also believer but I don't think that we should accept and believe everything in the Bible literally.
If God said he created everything in 6 days, it can means 6 periods or ages, what is in accordance with science.
After all, in other place in the bible it's said that in the eyes of god one day is like thousand years and thousand years is like one day.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 11:40:35 AM

Based on radiometric dating of meteorites, the age of the Earth is more than 4.54 billion years. Planet where people depend to live already very old, broken, more solid. The question is, how long before the Earth can survive the apocalypse - that time is entirely your own prerogative of God - happened?
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 12:48:58 PM

Well, if you listen God in the Old testament, all universe and our planet was created in 6 days!
If you ask Jews, earth is about 6 000 years old.
If you ask scientists, earth is about 4 billion years old.
So, what is truth?
In my opinion we should more believe in science than religion.
I'm also believer but I don't think that we should accept and believe everything in the Bible literally.
If God said he created everything in 6 days, it can means 6 periods or ages, what is in accordance with science.
After all, in other place in the bible it's said that in the eyes of god one day is like thousand years and thousand years is like one day.

If God says that He is talking figuratively, then understand it as figurative language.

If God doesn't say that He is talking figuratively, then believe what He says. If you don't, you are making Him out to be a liar. That is something like the first sin was about. Eve believed the devil rather than God.

If you don't believe all of the Bible, why would you believe any of it? You can't just pick and choose what parts of it to believe. Why not? The whole Bible is a unit at the same time it is many separate writings. It is a unit that tells about Jesus and the salvation He provides.

When God says that one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like a day, which one is it? God isn't talking literally about days and years in this place (in Peter). Rather, He is showing that He is showing us that we can not fathom how God understands things, and that He is different in the way that He understands things than we are, and that He views all things way more thoroughly than we do, and that He is way beyond us.

Science is guesswork. Most of us have not lived much longer than 4,500 years. So, we don't know what happened back then for sure. Even the scientists will tell you by the language that they use in their papers that they do not know for sure. The Bible is what God told His prophets to write. Will we call God a liar like Eve essentially did?

Cool

Sponsoredby15

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 12:52:54 PM

It is approximately 7 billion years old. Because when the time god make the universe big bang theory will happen it is like an explosion of one particles that is the sun and create 9 sphere which is also known now a planet. And during that the most beautiful planet in te universe is earth. Earth consist water and land, have gravity and only one satellite.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 12:54:31 PM

Based on radiometric dating of meteorites, the age of the Earth is more than 4.54 billion years. Planet where people depend to live already very old, broken, more solid. The question is, how long before the Earth can survive the apocalypse - that time is entirely your own prerogative of God - happened?

Radiometric dating of meteorites doesn't have anything to do with it. Why? Because we don't know what meteors were like before they entered the atmosphere of earth. We don't know for a fact how they changed in their plunge through the atmosphere. It's all guesswork... like guessing how much C-14 was in the atmosphere before 5,000 years ago.

Cool

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 01:00:29 PM

It is approximately 7 billion years old. Because when the time god make the universe big bang theory will happen it is like an explosion of one particles that is the sun and create 9 sphere which is also known now a planet. And during that the most beautiful planet in te universe is earth. Earth consist water and land, have gravity and only one satellite.

Big Bang Theory is guesswork. Why? Because scientists don't know what could have happened in the past that would make BB out to be foolishness. For example...

There are 3 major Big Bang Theories that are all different. None of these Big Bang Theories are compatible with each other.

There are 4 major Black Hole Theories. None of these theories are compatible with each other. But the important thing is, none of the Black Hole theories could work inside any of the Big Bang universes.

Scientists simply don't know what they are talking about. And people who want to say that things like BB and BH theory are true, are saying that they believe in a religion.

Believe God.

Cool

Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 01:43:51 PM

http://creation.com/radiometric-dating-age-of-earth
awesome31312

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 03:56:51 PM

It's interesting how Christians are the only group of people who object to the age of the Earth, while everybody else accepts it. Most Christians are not even Young Earth Creationists themselves today. One group of Christians is right, the other isn't. You would think that an all wise, all knowing, loving deity that brags about universal truth would have made it clear to his "chosen people" in his only source of communication: vague scrolls found dried up at a beach somewhere in the Middle East.

Christianity is "rainbow fascism". What I mean by that is, they have all the traits of fascism (ie believe they're God's chosen people, others are inferior to them, etc) but they try and sugar coat it so it can be fed to the masses, which is what makes it so dangerous.

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 04:32:44 PM

It's interesting how Christians are the only group of people who object to the age of the Earth...

No they are not.  Muslims are similar "fundamentalists" and believe the same crock of shit.
awesome31312

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 08:07:33 PM

It's interesting how Christians are the only group of people who object to the age of the Earth...

No they are not.  Muslims are similar "fundamentalists" and believe the same crock of shit.

I have to date not met a single Muslim fundamentalist who believes that the Earth is 6,000 years old.

Johnyloco

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 02:02:36 PM

No one can say exactly what's the exact age of earth now. By dating the rocks in the ever-changing crust, as well as neighbors such as the moon and visiting meteorites, scientists have calculated that Earth is 4.54 billion years old, with an error range of 50 million years according to the site below.
www.space.com/24854-how-old-is-earth.html
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 02:41:07 PM

No one can say exactly what's the exact age of earth now. By dating the rocks in the ever-changing crust, as well as neighbors such as the moon and visiting meteorites, scientists have calculated that Earth is 4.54 billion years old, with an error range of 50 million years according to the site below.

Scientists don't date rocks. They simply claim that they are dating rocks. Then they make up some numbers, and toss them out there for us to believe.

Cool

awesome31312

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 04:15:20 PM

Scientists don't date rocks.

I'm pretty sure Tesla dated rocks, he was a weirdo.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 01:45:49 AM

I have to date not met a single Muslim fundamentalist who believes that the Earth is 6,000 years old.

Why? Won't they let you date married Muslim fundamentalists?    Grin

sonnyacg

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 04:48:08 AM

In some scriptures declare that the universe created in 6 days, but science states the universe was created billions of years and takes about 9 billion years until the sun and the earth eventually formed. Some people would say that the "days" mentioned is actually a "period" or "period" and not the actual day, but you can not show the information of the holy book itself supporting the statement

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 TX Dice ↑↓ Double Dice ↑↓ Bitcoin Binary Options   ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~1440 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward x49 ↑↓ forex ↑↓ Dice of Transaction id ↑↓ 1% edge double dice]
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: