Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 01:21:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How old is earth  (Read 12846 times)
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 04:55:33 AM

Some say around 4.5 billion years, lol and we only live max 120 years yet manage to screw our lives for eternity which is very longer than 100 billion years.

🖤😏
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1359

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 01:53:55 PM

It's interesting how Christians are the only group of people who object to the age of the Earth...

No they are not.  Muslims are similar "fundamentalists" and believe the same crock of shit.

I have to date not met a single Muslim fundamentalist who believes that the Earth is 6,000 years old.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqGt0YV1AMQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nj8hT9YO884
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypRcl4x80U4
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/saudi-muslim-cleric-claims-the-earth-is-stationary-and-the-sun-rotates-around-it-10053516.html
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 02:58:56 PM

Religion is bullshit, there is absolutely no prove of it to exist. Thats why i believe scientists, their stories make alot more sense to me.

However, if you do even a mediocre search on the dictionary definition of "religion," you will find that scientists and their science are a religion. Or don't do the search, and maintain your silly belief, which is a religion for you.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
awesome31312

Activity: 826
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 03:38:50 PM

It's interesting how Christians are the only group of people who object to the age of the Earth...

No they are not.  Muslims are similar "fundamentalists" and believe the same crock of shit.

I have to date not met a single Muslim fundamentalist who believes that the Earth is 6,000 years old.

Why? Won't they let you date married Muslim fundamentalists?    Grin

I have dated many fundies in the past. Fundie girls are the best, especially the Christian ones, hahahaha.

Account recovered 08-12-2019
Dahhi

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

MERCATOX

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 04:09:37 PM
Last edit: September 15, 2016, 09:37:05 AM by Dahhi

The bible is silent on how old earth really is.
This is for bible readers...

In the book of Ezekiel, it is written that Lucifer walked the garden of Eden, traded, had a mighty angel guarding him till evil was found in him... which means the garden of Eden existed before the time of Adam.

Genesis 1: 1.  In the beginning, God created the heavens and the Earth.
                  2.  The Earth was formless and desolate and darkness was upon the surface of the waters.

Commentary: When God created the heavens, it had a form... so also the Earth.

Question: What happened to the Earth to now make it formless and desolate?

Suggestion: Could it be that a fight ensued in the heavens which destroyed the old Earth and God had to rebuild it from the foundation...
                              Could that be the explanation for the existence of dinosaurs and why they suddenly went extinct... there are fossils to prove they once lived.
                              Could dinosaurs have lived during the time Lucifer walked the garden of Eden...

I do not believe in evolution, but I know dinosaurs once lived, probably in the old earth...

Conclusion: There are so many things the bible is silent on, we will know when we get to heaven and see God.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 08:19:36 PM

The bible is silent on how old earth really is.
This is for bible readers...

<>

The Bible isn't silent on the age of the earth. It is simply encrypted in a really strong but gentle way regarding many things. From http://www.albatrus.org/english/theology/creation/biblical_age_earth.htm:
Biblical Age of Earth

by  David V. Bassett, M.S.

Beginning with the archeological landmark event of the fall of Jerusalem (which has now been corrected to 588 B.C., instead of 586-587 B.C.) and counting backwards the prophesied number of years between this event and the division of Solomon's kingdom (390 yrs. + 40 yrs., according to Ezekiel 4:4-7), brings us to 1018 B.C.

From the end of Solomon's 40-year reign to the start of the Temple in the 4th year of his reign takes us back another 37 years to 1055 B.C.

From the start of Solomon's Temple "in the 480th year" (1 Kings 6:1) back to the Exodus from Egypt (hence 479 years previous) brings us to near 1534 B.C.

From the Exodus out of Egypt to Abraham's entering Canaan from Haran was exactly 430 years to the day (Gen 12:10/ Exodus 12:40/ Gal 3:17), thus around 1964 B.C.

Since Abraham entered Canaan at age 75 (Gen 12:4), he was born approximately 2039 B.C.

From Abraham's birth to Noah's grandson (Shem's son), Arpachshad's birth, 2 years after the Flood started, was 290 years (Gen 11:11-26), this places the onset of the Flood at around 2331 B.C. [definitely 4,300-4,400 years ago].

The genealogy of Genesis 5:3-32 precludes any gaps due to its tight chronological structure and gives us 1,656 years between Creation and the Flood, thus bringing Creation Week back to near 3987 B.C. or approximately 4000 B.C.

Therefore, the biblical age of the Earth (using Scripture itself as a guide) is 6,000 years !! Mankind did not evolve 4 million years ago on an Earth which is 4.5 billion years old in a universe which was "big-banged" into existence 18-20 billion years in the distant past. Jesus Christ, the Creator Incarnate, said He made mankind male and female in the beginning (Mark 10:6), and that when the heavens and the earth were commanded into being (Gen 1:1), they "stood up together" (Isa 48:13) not billions of years apart !!

Go to the website and look, because the explanation is lacking here, because of the HTML scripting at the actual site.

Note that between Arphaxad and Salah in the Gen 11:11-26 genealogy, that there was another, Cainan. Cainan was probably dropped by an early scribe because his name was too close to Caanan, son of Ham, causing a mix-up. "12When Arphaxad had lived 35 years, he became the father of Cainan. 13And after he became the father of Cainan, Arphaxad lived 430 years and had other sons and daughters, and then he died. When Cainan had lived 130 years, he became the father of Shelah. And after he became the father of Shelah, Cainan lived 330 years and had other sons and daughters." This adds 130 years to the indicated section of time making it 420 years rather than 290 years.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
Dahhi

Activity: 238

MERCATOX

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 09:37:57 PM
Last edit: September 14, 2016, 09:50:05 PM by Dahhi

You are talking about the Adam era i.e the time man came into the picture. It is true that man is 6000+ years old on this planet and the "new earth" was created about 6000+ years ago to accommodate life as we know it.

I am talking of the pre-Adam era, before God created man.

Lucifer traded and walked in the garden of Eden. There was an old garden of Eden... there must have been an old Earth. I think God has destroyed and created Earth more often than we thought... I know the hidden things belong to God.

This has got nothing to do with evolution, man didn't evolve from apes and no animal evolved from another animal. But really, how old are the angels... do you know?

In the book of revelations, Lucifer is called the ancient serpent. How old is he?
Scientists say the universe is billions of years old, I can't argue with that.
You and I both know Lucifer existed long before Adam was created..
I do not know how old he is...

The bible is silent on life before the creation of man... things happened before Adam was created. Things we were not told.

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 11:23:23 PM

Why? Won't they let you date married Muslim fundamentalists?    Grin

I have dated many fundies in the past. Fundie girls are the best, especially the Christian ones, hahahaha.
Oh, man.  Those preachers' daughters...
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 11:27:40 PM

No they are not.  Muslims are similar "fundamentalists" and believe the same crock of shit.

If it was 6000 years old, methinks it would be one pretty hot rock.

Because we could figure the numbers on all that inbound gravitational energy turned into compression and heat, and then look at outbound radiant energy, which is essentially a 2d outflow, 3d inflow problem.  So the rock would stay hot a long time, which it has indeed, still having a molten core and such.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 02:47:56 AM

You are talking about the Adam era i.e the time man came into the picture. It is true that man is 6000+ years old on this planet and the "new earth" was created about 6000+ years ago to accommodate life as we know it.

Lucifer traded and walked in the garden of Eden. There was an old garden of Eden... there must have been an old Earth. I think God has destroyed and created Earth more often than we thought... I know the hidden things belong to God.

This has got nothing to do with evolution, man didn't evolve from apes and no animal evolved from another animal. But really, how old are the angels... do you know?

In the book of revelations, Lucifer is called the ancient serpent. How old is he?

The bible is silent on life before the creation of man... things happened before Adam was created. Things we were not told.

While the first verse in the Bible covers a period that is unknown, because things like the electromagnetic spectrum had not been settled into place before there was light, the KEY biblical understanding of this is that "the earth was formless and void." In other words, there is no knowledge of what went before the day that light was made. Some of it might correspond to billions of years, or trillions. Other of it would correspond to only an instant, like a nano-second or less. And some might correspond to any amount of time in between.

Cool

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 02:49:47 AM

No they are not.  Muslims are similar "fundamentalists" and believe the same crock of shit.

If it was 6000 years old, methinks it would be one pretty hot rock.

Because we could figure the numbers on all that inbound gravitational energy turned into compression and heat, and then look at outbound radiant energy, which is essentially a 2d outflow, 3d inflow problem.  So the rock would stay hot a long time, which it has indeed, still having a molten core and such.

Since things like heat and energy in the form of the electromagnetic spectrum were not settled before the first day, when light was made, there is no way to understand how hot or cold anything was.

Scientific understandings of how the earth came about are as much guesswork as anything else.

Cool

TooQik

Activity: 337
Merit: 258

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 03:44:45 AM

While the first verse in the Bible covers a period that is unknown, because things like the electromagnetic spectrum had not been settled into place before there was light, the KEY biblical understanding of this is that "the earth was formless and void." In other words, there is no knowledge of what went before the day that light was made. Some of it might correspond to billions of years, or trillions. Other of it would correspond to only an instant, like a nano-second or less. And some might correspond to any amount of time in between.

Cool

And you've just shot down your own belief that the bible proves the Earth's age is 6000 years by saying that any time period between Earth's creation and there being an electromagnetic spectrum could have been billions or trillions of years, or a nano-second or less. Nice work!!!  Grin
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3099

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2016, 03:47:46 AM

Just have to post that you are one brainwashed fool, Dahhi.  Good luck in life.   Undecided

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
Gahs

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

Minter

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 06:28:57 AM

Vod, let's see if your theory about God not existing is really true... time will tell.

let

Minter                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█

▄█████▄   ▄▄
▐█▄           ▄███████████▀
████▄▄       ▐█████████████▀
████████▄▄   ▐████████████
 ████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████████
 ▀███████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████
   ████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄▄▄█████████████▀
  ▀▀█████████▀▀
Dora Doll

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 09:03:58 AM

i think no one that how old is the earth, is to Allah who know about the fact about the world that how old is the earn and no human or any other creator know about this that how old the earth.
groll

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 02:23:55 PM

No one knows it for sure.  It was always a theory.  Science have all its complex studies and research but still cannot prove and akways ends up as theory.  They come up with billions of years.  On the other hand, bible states that it has been like a thousand years ago with much simple and believable explanation.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 03:20:44 PM

Cool

And you've just shot down your own belief that the bible proves the Earth's age is 6000 years by saying that any time period between Earth's creation and there being an electromagnetic spectrum could have been billions or trillions of years, or a nano-second or less. Nice work!!!  Grin

Quite the contrary. The time before time was not time. It wasn't even before time. So, using time, the thing that the year is made up of, the earth is a little over 6,000 years old. Just because it has some other things that look a little like time but aren't time, doesn't change the time.

Cool

TooQik

Activity: 337
Merit: 258

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 02:35:06 AM

Cool

Quite the contrary. The time before time was not time. It wasn't even before time. So, using time, the thing that the year is made up of, the earth is a little over 6,000 years old. Just because it has some other things that look a little like time but aren't time, doesn't change the time.

Cool

To use your own argument against you, if the time before time was not time, then the period between the Earth being "created" and the "time" before man was "made" could be either an instant or any number of years - hence you shoot down your own argument of 6000 years.
Dora Doll

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 05:16:36 AM

no one know about the earth history, only God now the reality of the earth, may be million and trillions of trillion year old.
Altitude

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 05:38:50 AM

How old do you think Earth is? Why?

Are you interesting in religious or scientific answer?
If you literally believe Bible, answer is about 6 000 years.
If you believe science, answer is about 7 billion years.
You can research about it much more on Internet, specially on Wikipedia.

firstly "Interested" secondly Earth is approximately 4.543 billion years old according to science not 7 lol

Altitude,
Simplicity in everything
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: