Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:38:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcement: Tradehill is back  (Read 11134 times)
Ryland R. Taylor-Almanza
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 05:47:56 PM

My favorite exchange is back!

.BITSLER.                 ▄███
               ▄████▀
             ▄████▀
           ▄████▀  ▄██▄
         ▄████▀    ▀████▄
       ▄████▀        ▀████▄
     ▄████▀            ▀████▄
   ▄████▀                ▀████▄
 ▄████▀ ▄████▄      ▄████▄ ▀████▄
█████   ██████      ██████   █████
 ▀████▄ ▀████▀      ▀████▀ ▄████▀
   ▀████▄                ▄████▀
     ▀████▄            ▄████▀
       ▀████▄        ▄████▀
         ▀████▄    ▄████▀
           ▀████▄▄████▀
             ▀██████▀
               ▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄            
▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀    ▄▄█▄▄ ▀▀▄         
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄      
█  ▀▄▄  ▀█▀▀ ▄      ▀████   ▀▀▄   
█ █▄  ▀▄   ▀████       ▀▀ ▄██▄ ▀▀▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█  ▀▀       ▀▄▄ ▀████      ▄▄▄▀▀▀  █
█            ▄ ▀▄    ▄▄▄▀▀▀   ▄▄  █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ ▄▄   ███   ▀██  █           ▀▀  █ 
█ ███  ▀██       █        ▄▄      █ 
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  
▀▄            █        ▀▀      █  
▀▀▄   ███▄  █   ▄▄          █   
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    
▀▀▄   █   ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀         
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▀▀▀▀              
              ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄▄████████████████▄▄
        ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄
▄     ▄█████▀             ▀█████▄
██▄▄ █████▀                ▀█████
 ████████            ▄██      █████
  ████████▄         ███▀       ████▄
  █████████▀▀     ▄███▀        █████
   █▀▀▀          █████         █████
     ▄▄▄         ████          █████
   █████          ▀▀           ████▀
    █████                     █████
     █████▄                 ▄█████
      ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
        ▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
          ▀▀████████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀██████▀▀▀
            ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
         ▄█▀▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▀█▄
       █▀▀ ▄█████████████▄ ▀▀█
     █▀▀ ███████████████████ ▀▀█
    █▀ ███████████████████████ ▀█
   █▀ ███████████████▀▀ ███████ ▀█
 ▄█▀ ██████████████▀      ▀█████ ▀█▄
███ ███████████▀▀            ▀▀██ ███
███ ███████▀▀                     ███
███ ▀▀▀▀                          ███
▀██▄                             ▄██▀
  ▀█▄                            ▀▀
    █▄       █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
     █▄      ▀█████████▀
      ▀█▄      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
        ▀▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄
            ▀▀█████
[]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 06:13:20 PM

Good luck getting in.  I was unwilling to claim over $1M in net worth and only have around 1000 BTC (that I wish to dump in the near->mid term) and they would not even return my application to become a member.

Further up this thread you'll notice that Joel dug up documentation saying that an 'accredited investor' means $5M in net worth.

I notice that Coinlab achieved the hurdle of getting 'two important customers' migrated three weeks ago and have been resting on their laurels since.

So it could be that for the rest of us it's a matter of taking our chances with the non-aligned flake-o exchanges or exploring alternate means of trade.  Bitcoin is definitely moving toward it's destiny as a rich person's toy faster than I even theorized it would.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
bittencoin

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 09:26:17 PM

I have sent a email regarding my BTC from my old account and I have not heard anything back.

Can someone help me?

In the same boat as you and many people here.

This has the appearance of a scam.  Scammers love to string their victims along with false promises.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 12:17:06 PM

Good luck getting in.  I was unwilling to claim over $1M in net worth and only have around 1000 BTC (that I wish to dump in the near->mid term) and they would not even return my application to become a member.

Further up this thread you'll notice that Joel dug up documentation saying that an 'accredited investor' means $5M in net worth.

I notice that Coinlab achieved the hurdle of getting 'two important customers' migrated three weeks ago and have been resting on their laurels since.

So it could be that for the rest of us it's a matter of taking our chances with the non-aligned flake-o exchanges or exploring alternate means of trade.  Bitcoin is definitely moving toward it's destiny as a rich person's toy faster than I even theorized it would.

This was a scam. You not being taken in - for whatever reason - is a blessing you should be thankful for.

I say was because it's pretty much defunct by now. Good for whoever was quick on the ball and made claims here in the early few days when they still thought they could stem the tide - a little BTC back from a scammer beats no BTC back at all I would guess.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 06:35:40 PM

This was a scam. You not being taken in - for whatever reason - is a blessing you should be thankful for.

I say was because it's pretty much defunct by now. Good for whoever was quick on the ball and made claims here in the early few days when they still thought they could stem the tide - a little BTC back from a scammer beats no BTC back at all I would guess.

Almost all of my BTC came through Tradehill-I where I had very few problems and none of them of a dishonest nature.  When they shut down they pro-actively made me whole.  I cannot speak for others, but in my personal experience Tradehill-I showed no sign of anything but the highest level of professionalism and integrity.

I'll reserved judgement on whether Tradehill-II is a scam or not, and I have more reliable means of ascertaining this than an MPOE-PR assertion on bitcointalk.org.

As butt-hurt as I may be about being excluded, I can see a very clear business logic behind targeting 'accredited investors' at this point in time.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
bittencoin

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 01:30:46 AM

Almost all of my BTC came through Tradehill-I where I had very few problems and none of them of a dishonest nature.  When they shut down they pro-actively made me whole.  I cannot speak for others, but in my personal experience Tradehill-I showed no sign of anything but the highest level of professionalism and integrity.

I'll reserved judgement on whether Tradehill-II is a scam or not, and I have more reliable means of ascertaining this than an MPOE-PR assertion on bitcointalk.org.

As butt-hurt as I may be about being excluded, I can see a very clear business logic behind targeting 'accredited investors' at this point in time.

Well, they have not made everyone "whole", including me.

Here was what I wrote here expressing my opinion about them back in June 2011.

"Also regard to tradehill .....  I suspect that they won't be easy to deal with if there are future monetary disputes.  I do have an acct with them btw."

My own words appear to be prophetically applied to me.
dscotese

Activity: 444
Merit: 250

I prefer evolution to revolution.

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2013, 03:58:32 AM

It seems simple enough for Jered/TH to post the results of a database query indicating that there are N accounts with balances, waiting to be claimed.  Perhaps some questions could be answered too:

Does TH still have the database that holds the account data?
Has TH sent emails to account holders, letting them know they can and should make a claim?
Is it that hard to create a website that will allow old account holders to log in and thereby prove they own an account and make a request for their holdings?

After reading the beginning of this thread, it looked promising, and then along comes this "curious character" MPOE-PR, claiming Jered is a scammer.  And MPOE-PR was provided a few posts later with a motive that could possibly make sense, but I'd have to research it more to see if the "we don't deal in fiat, so why would we care?" claim makes sense.  Does TH have any apparent plans to offer bitcoin investment exchange services like MPEX?  It doesn't seem so.  So now I'm thrown back onto the Be Cautious bandwagon.

...where everyone should be all the time anyway!

If anyone reviews my work over the years (Google dscotese) and wants me and my analytical skills to explore the possibility that MPOE-PR is right about Jered being a scammer, PM me.

The best way to scam is to screw a minority of people and reward the rest.  The fact that it works so well makes a lot of people believe we need a government to come down on such scammers.  Only problem with that is that the government screws everyone a tiny bit except a minority, and provides that minority with propaganda and resources to keep the scam going and keep the people divided.  These scams together make me believe that we need to be wary of strangers, and trust our friends only with as much as we're willing to lose to find out that they aren't our friends after all.

In the end, you can be looking over your shoulder all the time, worried your schemes are going to catch up with you (Yes, George Bush and Karl Rove and Larry Silverstein, you're included), or you can relax, knowing you did your best to do right by everyone you ever knew.

I like to provide some work at no charge to prove my valueAvoid supporting terrorism!
Satoshi Nakamoto: "He ought to find it more profitable to play by the rules."
confinedsc

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 07:43:01 AM

I suggest calling the number on the website if you haven't received them.  I emailed them a bunch of times, called, and posted to them on twitter multiple times....

They really should have sent out an email when they shut down letting everyone know....
m_silkstone

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 10:02:01 AM
Last edit: April 08, 2013, 10:51:13 AM by m_silkstone

I am still waiting. It's been 4 days since they told me that they would follow up with claims, but no response so far. What should be a quick and easy process has taken 10+ months so far. I seriously get the feeling that they don't care as my deposit was a smaller one.

I am going to try calling them next. There are a few phone numbers that I have gathered. I just need to check the local time in California.
MPOE-PR

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 07:08:35 PM

I am still waiting. It's been 4 days since they told me that they would follow up with claims, but no response so far. What should be a quick and easy process has taken 10+ months so far. I seriously get the feeling that they don't care as my deposit was a smaller one.

I am going to try calling them next. There are a few phone numbers that I have gathered. I just need to check the local time in California.

Sucks.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Wegg

Activity: 7

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 12:25:21 AM

I have been trying for quite a while to get a response to my claim request.  I have tried sending private messages, multiple e-mails etc.  I'll keep trying but. . . obviously. . . it would be nice to be one of the few that can claim no have had a good experience recovering lost funds/bitcoin through the old TradeHill site.   Cry
MPOE-PR

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 10:08:16 AM

I have been trying for quite a while to get a response to my claim request.  I have tried sending private messages, multiple e-mails etc.  I'll keep trying but. . . obviously. . . it would be nice to be one of the few that can claim no have had a good experience recovering lost funds/bitcoin through the old TradeHill site.   Cry

Hey repentance: This is why I don't include TH on the same list with Kraken. And this is why neither should you.

bittencoin

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 08:23:31 PM

I too have not gotten any thing from tradehill yet. 

It is starting to smell like a scam.  One part of running a successful scam is to treat some of the potential victims well, and screw the rest.  The people that get their coins back will be satisfied and will staunchly defend the scammers against charges from the people that got screwed.

For example, the scammers set up a service and got coins and money deposits from 100 potential victims.  The scammers screw 30 accounts and deal with the rest of the accounts professionally.  When the people who got scammed start airing their problems with the scammers, the people who did not yet get scammed will come to the defense of the scammers by providing positive and truly honest testimonies.  The 2:1 positive testimony ratio will further perpetuate the scam since it makes the complainants as outliers.  This will attract more new potential victims to the scam since people will tend to discount the complaints as abnormal circumstances. 

A good scammer only needs to scam a few and leave the rest untouched.  That makes scam a sustainable scam instead of a 1 and done scam.
m_silkstone

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 10:30:50 AM

I recieved my Bitcoins back after calling them.
Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 12:56:22 PM

Call them, get in touch - if the coins are then not paid out, let the community know it.
dscotese

Activity: 444
Merit: 250

I prefer evolution to revolution.

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 07:22:18 PM

Call them, get in touch - if the coins are then not paid out, let the community know it.
^ ^ This.  Publication breeds honesty.  In Tradehill's case, it may just be that you lose by keeping quiet.  The only way they can prove otherwise is by publishing an anonymized record (eg has the account usernames) of all deposits in their records so everyone who doesn't want to be scammed can make sure they're in the list and thereby in line for getting their stuff back.

I like to provide some work at no charge to prove my valueAvoid supporting terrorism!
Satoshi Nakamoto: "He ought to find it more profitable to play by the rules."
bittencoin

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 04:14:24 PM

Still have yet to receive any response from them.  Nobody is answering at the phone number listed.
oblongmeteor

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 07:22:43 PM

Still have yet to receive any response from them.  Nobody is answering at the phone number listed.

Probably too busy doing media interviews... http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01s0qnk/The_Report_Bitcoin/

ruggedman_dan
Legendary

Activity: 1012
Merit: 1000

We on P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 03:09:57 PM

Anyone know if they are really trading at $130 right now? If so then some of us need to gather up our funds and register as a small investment company to register and rape them with the exchange because there is some arbitrage to be had.
MPOE-PR

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 06:32:37 PM

Anyone know if they are really trading at $130 right now? If so then some of us need to gather up our funds and register as a small investment company to register and rape them with the exchange because there is some arbitrage to be had.

Right, right. Just like all the people waiting for their money back in this thread "raped" them.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: