Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:57:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Anyone Here a Writer?  (Read 4666 times)
Lexiatel (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 05:36:03 AM

I am a writer. I have been writing since I was 12 (I am 29 now). I was home schooled, and my dad gave me a writing assignment: illustrate and write my own story. I can't even remember the story I wrote, ha!

I have a lot of original stuff, but for the past two years, I have been lost in the world of fanfiction; it's just so much more relaxing writing in a universe with characters who already exists. Unlike when you write an original, you have so much thinking to do-- and sometimes, you need a break from that (thinking).

I write when I need an escape from reality. How about you? Why do you write? How did you get started?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 11:55:45 PM

It was a dark and stormy night ...
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 11:58:23 PM

The hot breath of the beast blows your hair back, it bellows once, long and loud, your body is frozen in fear, you open your eyes to the crawling unwholesomeness of the world, the pit in your stomach fills with snakes ...

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
protokol
Legendary

Activity: 1188
Merit: 1016

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 01:51:08 AM

"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

One of my favorite openings...

I wouldn't call myself a writer, but I dabble in and appreciate creative writing, I'm a big fan of The SCP Foundation

Some notable entries:

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-087
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-002
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-682
top-rated entries
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 01:54:07 AM

I'm not even a typist.     Undecided

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Kiritsugu
Legendary

Activity: 1570
Merit: 1041

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 01:20:24 PM

I am a writer. I have been writing since I was 12 (I am 29 now). I was home schooled, and my dad gave me a writing assignment: illustrate and write my own story. I can't even remember the story I wrote, ha!

I have a lot of original stuff, but for the past two years, I have been lost in the world of fanfiction; it's just so much more relaxing writing in a universe with characters who already exists. Unlike when you write an original, you have so much thinking to do-- and sometimes, you need a break from that (thinking).

I write when I need an escape from reality. How about you? Why do you write? How did you get started?
I used to write a lot, actually, and recently I thought about getting back into it.  I got started back when I was still in school, mostly high school.  At first it was papers or essays and somewhere along the way someone suggested writing novels or fanfictions and I tried it out, and a lot of people surprisingly liked it.

I was never too much of a fan of my own writing, but people seemed to like it.  It's been a couple years since I've written anything, so looking back at my own writing from a few years ago, it looks really bad and immature, but I can post some of it here anyway, if you're interested.

(Don't judge lol, I wrote this crap when I was like 16-18)

https://www.booksie.com/users/alkaios-45739

You're older than I am currently, I'm only 22, so mine will most likely look like shit compared to your years of experience, but whatever. Tongue  Enjoy.
Sponsoredby15

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 10:13:36 AM

Count me in. I am a writer. I create books which is interested to the people. The niche is always defend upon to the current event which is the real happening in this planet. But I am not a bitter writer who wrote negative sides of the person. I am a bonifide writer who create good and bad side of a person but I highlight the good benefit of his work. During his time.
Vika NSFW

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2016, 11:47:16 AM

How about you? Why do you write? How did you get started?

Hi!
I'm a videographer.
And Now i will make a film about Epidemy.
The text is on intervuied people side.
I need only to register the talked text and put all the stuff togheder to made a film in my vision of facts.

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 05:08:55 PM

Count me in. I am a writer. I create books which is interested to the people. The niche is always defend upon to the current event which is the real happening in this planet. But I am not a bitter writer who wrote negative sides of the person. I am a bonifide writer who create good and bad side of a person but I highlight the good benefit of his work. During his time.

Please, tell us more about your secret on becoming a bonifide writer. (please ignore this reply if by happenstance you penned your post from a keyboard where the 'a' is adjacent to the 'i', and you've opted to forego usage of a spell checker due to whatever reasoning as a bonifide writer)
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 06:26:09 PM

count me in. I've been paid for it occasionally but i'm not so sure it's a career with much of a future any more. too many hacks willing to do too much for nothing.
Jonar21

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 04:26:25 AM

Since school years I was prepared to write well and dream, then I started to write a kind of comic. But this is more than just a hobby not gone. It stops as soon as the beginning of adulthood.
ekaterina77

Activity: 255

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 09:21:52 PM

Since school years I was prepared to write well and dream, then I started to write a kind of comic. But this is more than just a hobby not gone. It stops as soon as the beginning of adulthood.
At school, a lot of people and a lot of writing. But in truth, it is also necessary skills. To read was interesting, you need to properly express their thoughts, and not just a set of words and phrases.
ZlaiaZaia

Activity: 233

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 10:41:43 PM

At school, a lot of people and a lot of writing. But in truth, it is also necessary skills. To read was interesting, you need to properly express their thoughts, and not just a set of words and phrases.
I, too, when it was engaged in writing stories for the younger brothers. The truth is you only pet hobby. On a more serious level, I did not even think to rise.
BARR_Official

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2016, 10:45:33 PM

The hot breath of the beast blows your hair back, it bellows once, long and loud, your body is frozen in fear, you open your eyes to the crawling unwholesomeness of the world, the pit in your stomach fills with snakes ...

The snakes in your stomach descend into the abyss and cross the threshold into the world of death, emerging in the form of a creeping red horror.  Terror trembles through your steely thews, and your mind cannot comprehend the non-Euclidian geometry which assaults your eyes at every turn.

Buying At Retail and Restaurants - BarrCryptocurrency.com
startselect

Activity: 313

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 11:43:50 PM

I sometimes write other people's essays back in school. And I used to write a lot at home. And forums also help.
Lorik

Activity: 233

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 07:10:44 PM

I sometimes write other people's essays back in school. And I used to write a lot at home. And forums also help.
I do not seek help because they have a problem you need to decide for himself. It is therefore very interesting to unravel the mysteries of the forum and learn to write myself as the others do.
WarThunder

Activity: 265

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 09:13:29 PM

I do not seek help because they have a problem you need to decide for himself. It is therefore very interesting to unravel the mysteries of the forum and learn to write myself as the others do.
Write everything is possible. Only the skill of the writer may have a birth. Perhaps you need talent from birth rather than buy it at school.
phieiph

Activity: 251

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 10:45:19 PM

As a child, when my brothers and sisters, parents are left to look after me, always wanted me to read the book to them. But books are not enough, and I wrote itself works. Very many things have been written and thought out. But after that, when all rose, I pushed the thought to write on something.
signup01

Activity: 602

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 01:59:34 AM

maybe you can count me too. First I write for my assignment. I forget when I started to write. Then I try to write about my fantasy, it based on my own life with some modified. Wink
Once, I would write a book. But now, I like to write some publication/ research report more.
olyaru

Activity: 275

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 11:58:04 PM

A little writing itself and for itself. Of course, eat close people. This poem, and my love it. Probably not a professional production of words and rhyme, but I think that to memorize beautifully.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: