Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:49:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Steemit Lie: false expectations and false advertisement  (Read 3023 times)
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 12:43:09 PM

Cool story bro... but that's all it is.  It's NOT "decentralized".

Can u explain why the STEEM is NOT a decentralized endeavor, 2Kewl4Skool?

Thank u in advance.

~CfA~

Haven't you heard?  The Larimers can shut it down anytime they feel like it and restrict people's access to their accounts, but they decide to keep it running to profit off the "Steem ladies" and the suckers.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 02:26:59 PM

Either way there is no shared 10% withdrawal cap. That completely doesn't exist and BigSirko made it up.

He is perhaps confusing the 10% yearly dilution (out of the 100% dilution) of the market capitalization which is redistributed to users, miners, and liquidity providers.
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 05:38:16 PM

Thank u in advance.

~CfA~

Haven't you heard?  The Larimers can shut it down anytime they feel like it and restrict people's access to their accounts, but they decide to keep it running to profit off the "Steem ladies" and the suckers.

Well Satoshi could appear and sell all his millions of BTC too. Do people really fall for the decentralized lies? Do you really think BTC is decentralized? I'm not defending Steemit since I never said it was "decentralized" since I don't really care about that. I don't care about Steemit either, I just find it interesting, even if it's a huge scam, the concept of having millions of users fighting to create and curate the "best" content for money (not only attention) is mindblowing to watch. I don't think Steemit itself will have a lot of success but it's definitely the start of something if other platforms do it better.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 06:03:49 PM

Thank u in advance.

~CfA~

Haven't you heard?  The Larimers can shut it down anytime they feel like it and restrict people's access to their accounts, but they decide to keep it running to profit off the "Steem ladies" and the suckers.

It is confusing to me also. So far all wallets are on the forum. So has nothing to do with decentralization. is like all bitcoin would run on a one web wallet. That is why there are so much troubles with security and i think it will just continue.

i might be totally wrong, that is why i said i am confused.
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 06:48:13 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2016, 07:04:53 PM by iamnotback

Thank u in advance.

~CfA~

Haven't you heard?  The Larimers can shut it down anytime they feel like it and restrict people's access to their accounts, but they decide to keep it running to profit off the "Steem ladies" and the suckers.

It is confusing to me also. So far all wallets are on the forum. So has nothing to do with decentralization. is like all bitcoin would run on a one web wallet. That is why there are so much troubles with security and i think it will just continue.

Hypothetically you could create your own Steem(.io) client and not use Steemit.com, but the blockchain is proof-of-stake (DPoS) and the insiders control something like 80% of the stake, so yeah it is centralized control.

So far, the public keys are all on the blockchain and the user holds his own copy of the private key. This is why the security has been so bad, because users can't manage well secure passwords.

smooth points out that the stake may distribute out over time, but I have also pointed out that it may not. Edit: also in another discussion with smooth about voting power effects where I argued that the power-law will dominate over time because afaik there is no algorithm preventing such a game theory strategy.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 06:25:41 AM

Thank u in advance.

~CfA~

Hypothetically you could create your own Steem(.io) client and not use Steemit.com, but the blockchain is proof-of-stake (DPoS) and the insiders control something like 80% of the stake, so yeah it is centralized control.

Not hypothetical. It exists, but is immature: https://steemit.com/piston/@xeroc/piston-web-first-open-source-steem-gui---searching-for-alpha-testers

Agree about proof-of-stake and the stake being highly concentrated.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: