Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:24:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Top 10 reasons why BFL will postpone their April 2013 shipping date  (Read 6554 times)
Logik

Activity: 315
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 10:14:42 PM

Josh will have an update on why he's not posting either late today or tomorrow, probably today but that's subject to change and possibly the later half of tomorrow, which is also subject to change and could extend into late next year. I promise to give you another update in one minute.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
   ████████████████████████████████   
     ▀██████████████████████████▀     
        ▀████████████████████▀       
          ████████████████▀         
            █████████████           
            ▀████████████▀           
             ▀██████████▀             
              ██████████             
               ████████               
               ▀██████▀               
                ██████               

trade.io.
██████
██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
██████

▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
██████
██████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
██████
██████
.Join the Trading Revolution.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thebaron

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 10:20:27 PM

#7: Their chip shipment fell off the truck.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 10:53:33 PM

BFL_Josh: Your appointment with Luke-jr should be finalized within the week. I've already discussed the matter with Judy.
Sonny: I take it he was agreeable?
BFL_Josh: He didn't really have a choice.
Sonny:  Has he pre-ordered?
BFL_Josh: Oh yes. Most certainly. When I mentioned we could put him on the priority list for the MiniRig, he was so willing it was almost pathetic.
Sonny:  This delay... the rioting is intensifying to the point where we may not be able to contain it.
BFL_Josh: Why contain it? Let it spill over the dorms and trailers, let the bodies pile up in the basements. In the end they'll beg us to save them.
Sonny:  I've received reports of armed attacks on shipments. There's not enough ASICs to go around, and the underclasses are starting to get desperate.
BFL_Josh: Of course they're desperate; they can smell their insolvency, and the sound they'll make rattling their cages will serve as a warning to the rest.
Sonny:  Mmm. I hope you're not underestimating the problem. Intelligence suggest they're behind the problems in bumping.
BFL_Josh: Bunch of pretentious young kids playing at running the world. But the world left them behind long ago. We are the future.
Sonny:  We have other problems.
BFL_Josh: Avalon?
Sonny:  Formed by 2 dudes in China after the strike on bAsic. I have someone in place though. I'm more concerned about friedcat. He's relocated to BTCGuild.
BFL_Josh: Our FanBox is far in advance of theirs, as is our electronic sentience, and their 'ethical inflexibility' has allowed us to make progress in areas they refuse to consider.
Sonny:  The augmentation project?
BFL_Josh: Among others. But, I must admit, I've been somewhat disappointed with the performance of the primary unit.
Sonny:  The secondary unit should be online soon. It's currently undergoing preparations and should be operational within 4-6 weeks. If necessary, the primary will be terminated.
BFL_Josh: We've had to endure much, you and I, but soon there will be order again. A new age. Satoshi spoke of the mythical city on the hill, soon that city will be real and we will be crowned its kings. Or, better than kings... Gods!
thebaron

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 11:22:51 PM

lol
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 11:29:03 PM

Wonderful words.......

If only my sig was big enough.

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
solitude

Activity: 674
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 12:11:00 AM

Has anyone requested a refund, and not received it?

Hardly anyone speaks English on this forum.
Vicus

Activity: 798

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 01:31:38 AM

avalon customers have no reason to bash them
More panic, then more chance, that they will fail, when the wave of refunds will come. Avalon customers will be more happy Smiley
Keninishna

Activity: 556

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 02:20:41 AM

It would be nice to see bfl get fucked for once.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 02:24:12 AM

so... Why so much hate towards BFL from those who bought Avalon? I mean seriously. You should be happy and grateful for BFL not delivering in time. The longer they don't deliver, the more money for you.

I'd like to think I'm not the only miner who is concerned about the security of the blockchain. BFL has tied up millions of dollars for many months that could have been better spent securing the network. Their fake ship dates were also anti-competitive and more than one other project didn't move forward due to BFL's lies. Fortunately Avalon ignored BFL's lies and went ahead with their project.

Buy & Hold
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4309

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 02:29:07 AM

BFL_Josh: Your appointment with Luke-jr should be finalized within the week. I've already discussed the matter with Judy.
BFL_Josh: Oh yes. Most certainly. When I mentioned we could put him on the priority list for the MiniRig, he was so willing it was almost pathetic.
Sonny:  This delay... the rioting is intensifying to the point where we may not be able to contain it.
BFL_Josh: Why contain it? Let it spill over the dorms and trailers, let the bodies pile up in the basements. In the end they'll beg us to save them.
Sonny:  I've received reports of armed attacks on shipments. There's not enough ASICs to go around, and the underclasses are starting to get desperate.
BFL_Josh: Of course they're desperate; they can smell their insolvency, and the sound they'll make rattling their cages will serve as a warning to the rest.
Sonny:  Mmm. I hope you're not underestimating the problem. Intelligence suggest they're behind the problems in bumping.
BFL_Josh: Bunch of pretentious young kids playing at running the world. But the world left them behind long ago. We are the future.
Sonny:  Formed by 2 dudes in China after the strike on bAsic. I have someone in place though. I'm more concerned about friedcat. He's relocated to BTCGuild.
BFL_Josh: Our FanBox is far in advance of theirs, as is our electronic sentience, and their 'ethical inflexibility' has allowed us to make progress in areas they refuse to consider.
BFL_Josh: Among others. But, I must admit, I've been somewhat disappointed with the performance of the primary unit.
Sonny:  The secondary unit should be online soon. It's currently undergoing preparations and should be operational within 4-6 weeks. If necessary, the primary will be terminated.
BFL_Josh: We've had to endure much, you and I, but soon there will be order again. A new age. Satoshi spoke of the mythical city on the hill, soon that city will be real and we will be crowned its kings. Or, better than kings... Gods!

post of the week

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
Fuzzy

Activity: 560

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 03:05:47 AM

Always +1 for well placed Deus Ex references

Speaking of which, it's about time I reinstalled it...
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2013, 09:49:40 AM

With how quiet it has been in this 'chip testing' phase I would prepare for some more bad news.  BFL is usually pretty prompt with providing mediocre information and really slow with passing on bad news.

I really wish I could find that statement made by Josh so long ago (June I think) about how they had learned so much about this industry from the FPGAs that the ASICs process would be so much smoother.

I wonder have they actually surpassed the FPGA delay mark yet? What was it 6 months? Tongue

Taxin' my memory, I believe it was the ASIC press release.

With that, I'm going to bed.

Nite, Vite!
nagnagnag2

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 11:57:15 AM

Has anyone requested a refund, and not received it?

I tried to but got no answer from them.
mobodick

Activity: 840

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 12:04:26 PM

#7: Their chip shipment fell off the truck.
#8: The duck ate it!
Gator-hex

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 12:42:59 PM

Lol, I came across this while surfing the web...

Sociopaths are masters at weaving elaborate fictional explanations to justify their actions. When caught red-handed, they respond with anger and threats, then weave new fabrications to explain away whatever they were caught doing.
How to spot a sociopath http://www.naturalnews.com/036112_sociopaths_cults_influence.html

Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 01:29:42 PM

why has noone made one of them hitler parodies of BFL not shipping yet Sad ?

greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 01:35:07 PM

why has noone made one of them hitler parodies of BFL not shipping yet Sad ?

There've been several.
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1011

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 01:45:26 PM
Last edit: September 19, 2017, 12:37:19 PM by Minor Miner

The only reason they will not ship is because they are not capable of making the machine.  Someone told me that they are busy changing the website to sell 100MPG carburetors to all the people who do not realize this is not possible to achieve (and do not realize their car does not have a carb) and that as a token of good will all BFL customers will get a coupon code for 20% off.

What kind of gift bag did Nick Jr. get after his visit?
https://blockchain.info/tx/eb1a3f97ac4579eb4edec89315fb44c9219bdbf7bc180abc5e09590ec93a2b71

Fjordbit

Activity: 588

firstbits.com/1kznfw

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2013, 01:54:44 PM

#6 After an extensive research cycle, they discovered that the 6th week of April is really the 2nd week in May.

#5 After the FinCEN declarations, they had to wait for a Money Transmitter license to test the transfer of their testnet coins

#4 The online order tracking system accidentally changed all of the order dates to "blue"

#3 The units didn't work after they cut each of them into thirds to be able to implement the 1/3rd plan

#2 The digital design company theyused for their ASICs are litecoin moles.

and the number one reason BFL will postpone and April 2013 shipping date:

The units from PrimeASIC they were going to repackage haven't arrived yet.
Tigggger
Legendary

Activity: 1098

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 02:46:11 PM

and the number one reason BFL will postpone and April 2013 shipping date:

The units from PrimeASIC they were going to repackage haven't arrived yet.

Excellent  Grin

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: