Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:50:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If no one spends bitcoin what might happen?  (Read 52567 times)
richkellj

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 09:42:42 AM

If no one spends bitcoin in long term, that will impact to the bitcoin flow. Its gonna be stagnant and also bitcoin will drop of popularity. But a realise that people still love use bitcoin bicause bitcoin technology is the modern one. And i am sure that online transaction is need in the future. So bitcoin is useful
The question of no one spends bitcoin is highly hypothetical. Practically, there will not be any reason for all the bitcoin holders to save bitcoin for the same period of time. Everyone spends bitcoins for his own purpose but in different time. So, we can not expect no one will spend bitcoin for a particular time duration. An impractical one.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Aamir1

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 02:49:29 PM

It is impossible to happen because so many countries that it knows about bitcoin . And not everyone just kept their bitcoin there and there still use it to be spent primarily people whose only income is the bitcoin . So it's not just simply reduce or stop as much support in bitcoin as a major livelihood of unemployed people .

That's right, if there are 3 people selling or spending their coins then there are 5 on the other side buying more, or if there are 2 people buying bitcoins then there are quite a lot more who are selling their coins or spending them somewhere so that is always balanced i guess.
dragonusa9

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 02:58:16 PM

the first thing happen is the price will stay stagnant all the day, and losing it's popularity as the time being.
but, i dont really think someone stop spending bitcoin though. because bitcoin has a lot of advantage using it
richmcrich

Activity: 1120
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 09:22:21 PM

If no one spends bitcoin in long term, that will impact to the bitcoin flow. Its gonna be stagnant and also bitcoin will drop of popularity. But a realise that people still love use bitcoin bicause bitcoin technology is the modern one. And i am sure that online transaction is need in the future. So bitcoin is useful

The same thing i'm thinking.  If no one will sell bitcoin, the first effect would be price increase but if people still stubborn enough not to sell any even if the price is rising,  the interest will be gone and the investor will look ffor a new investment where their capital will be actively moving to give them profit.  So when this happen bitcoin price will decline until no one is interested in buying the coins.
Initially, a commodity will get its price only from the new buyer. If there is no availability of that commodity then there will not be any new buyer. Flow of money is more important, for the survival of any commodity and also for its value appreciation. When more people will not spend bitcoin, initially bitcoin may get high demand, but in long duration if that situation persist it could be assumes some unexpected consequences to happen.
ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 05:21:46 AM

i guess most of the miners right now is hording btc and waiting for the jackpot Grin.. as of today i think the value of btc is getting back to its shape.. the value of btc will surely go up if everybody's saving coins..
Yes, some miners might save some portion of block rewards. But practically all the miners will get only chances to save partial amount of what they are being rewarded from mining as the mining costs will force them to spend some of bitcoins to continue the mining process.
severaldetails

Activity: 959

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 06:24:42 AM

If nobody uses bitcoin as payment, all the payment businesses that work with bitcoin become useless.
I think it would affect the whole infrastructure bitcoin has built up. And the infrastructure is what makes the difference between bitcoin and all those altcoins out there.
In the end bitcoin would become a pure object of speculation, a bubble that would implode someday resulting in a massive dump.
chickenmie

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 06:26:48 AM

maybe the miners will not receiving miners fee and the block can't be solved because there's no transaction?
hakanbalta577

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 06:31:14 AM

If no one in the world stops using bitcoins suddenly then i think nothing will happen because bitcoin price depends upon buying and selling and if every thing stops then it will stay as it is.The price of bitcoin,transaction fee and anything would become still at the point when last trade happened,it will stay same forever until next trade happens.
genos

Activity: 574

Any store can buy, sell, and accept Crypto

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 06:37:05 AM

It would be bad, because people use fiat is for spends it for daily life. If no one use spends bitcoin, no one would use bitcoin as currency. But the fact is so many people in the world are use bitcoin.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀███▀████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀▄█████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄█▄▀████

███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀█████
███          ▀███   ████████   ██    ▀█████████   ██           ▀████   █████
███   █████▄   ██   ████████   ██      ▀███████   ██   ██████▄   ███   █████
███   ██████   ██   ████████   ██   █▄   ▀█████   ██   ████████   ██   █████
███   █████▀   ██   ████████   ██   ███▄   ▀███   ██   ████████   ██   █████
███          ▄███   ▀██████▀   ██   █████▄   ▀█   ██   ███████▀   ██   █████
███   ▄▄▄▄▄███████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███   ███████▄      ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███   █████
███   █████████████▄        ▄████   █████████▄    ██        ▄▄▄█████   █████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Any Store Can Buy, Sell and Accept Cryptocurrency.██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
[[[ Whitepaper    Twitter     Facebook]]]
[[[  Telegram      Medium     Youtube ]]]
jacafbiz

Activity: 2072
Merit: 529

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 08:24:50 AM

If no one spends BTC and hold it is simple law of demand the price will spike

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Legasean

Activity: 338

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 08:29:23 AM

I fno one spents bitcoin the price of the bitcojn will be that low that no one wants bitcoins anymore that is something i could tell you for sure because the price is relevant to the bitcoin.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2016, 08:46:43 AM
Last edit: September 13, 2016, 05:32:39 PM by deisik

Share your ideas here.   Grin

In my opinion, I think we will be stuck in one price or maybe worse we will all go down

The first and foremost effect would be extreme volatility of the Bitcoin price. Since you can't get there (where no one spends a single satoshi) with one giant leap, the trading (spending) volume will diminish gradually. Thin markets are prone to huge price swings, so it may well happen that somebody, for example, could actually sell a few satoshis for a few dollars that would be equal to a price of a few million dollars per Bitcoin. Needless to say that in such circumstances the concept of price becomes vague and distorted while its numeric value loses any meaning and reference-ness...

For real-world examples, look at what happens to the price of an altcoin on or near its deathbed

Cozynunu

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 08:48:33 AM

IF no one spents bitcoins what might happen if you know allot about the bitcoin than you know that coins need to spent becuase the price will rise only if people are not hlding but spending so the price will drop off course.
Monnt
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 01:46:28 PM

The question of no one spends bitcoin is highly hypothetical. Practically, there will not be any reason for all the bitcoin holders to save bitcoin for the same period of time. Everyone spends bitcoins for his own purpose but in different time. So, we can not expect no one will spend bitcoin for a particular time duration. An impractical one.
Yes, even we are having the hope that bitcoin will reach an imaginable price levels, some people keep on sending it for their needs. Based on your profession or your wealth level, you will decide to save bitcoin or spend bitcoin, expecting all the people to do one thing (not to spend) is not practically right assumption.
Lokfar

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 02:21:04 PM

IF no one spents bitcoins what might happen if you know allot about the bitcoin than you know that coins need to spent becuase the price will rise only if people are not hlding but spending so the price will drop off course.

You are right the price will drop to a lower amount plus the fact is also that its gonna be a lot more difficult to make profit, the bitcoin will get more stable due to this.
I think it will not be very for the economy of the bitcoin itself.
HeroCat

Activity: 658

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 02:33:50 PM

Bitcoin transfer time would be much faster and exchanges can not work, because neither one buy and/or neither one sell. Price can go down Grin
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 04:31:54 PM

The same thing i'm thinking.  If no one will sell bitcoin, the first effect would be price increase but if people still stubborn enough not to sell any even if the price is rising,  the interest will be gone and the investor will look ffor a new investment where their capital will be actively moving to give them profit.  So when this happen bitcoin price will decline until no one is interested in buying the coins.
Initially, a commodity will get its price only from the new buyer. If there is no availability of that commodity then there will not be any new buyer. Flow of money is more important, for the survival of any commodity and also for its value appreciation. When more people will not spend bitcoin, initially bitcoin may get high demand, but in long duration if that situation persist it could be assumes some unexpected consequences to happen.
I'm not sure about all the people will not spend bitcoin but we can take a guess work like only 1% of people are spending bitcoin and the rest are saving bitcoin. In this kind of situation price of bitcoin will rapidly grow. Because the zero hour supply will lead to negative consequence whereas very less supply will induce high demand.
mark coins

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 04:39:21 PM

You are right the price will drop to a lower amount plus the fact is also that its gonna be a lot more difficult to make profit, the bitcoin will get more stable due to this.
I think it will not be very for the economy of the bitcoin itself.

That's right if none will spend their coins then it will have a negative impact on the price of bitcoin and it will take price to a lower level which will make many people to quit bitcoin.
richmcrich

Activity: 1120
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 08:42:31 PM

Share your ideas here.   Grin

In my opinion, I think we will be stuck in one price or maybe worse we will all go down.

Here is what happened when US citizens are saving too much.

That's important because American spenders make up the majority -- about 70% -- of economic activity in the country. If people don't spend, the economy doesn't grow.

Check it out here

It is impossible to happen because so many countries that it knows about bitcoin . And not everyone just kept their bitcoin there and there still use it to be spent primarily people whose only income is the bitcoin . So it's not just simply reduce or stop as much support in bitcoin as a major livelihood of unemployed people .
Yes, I have the same though as yours, I don’t say that bitcoin will never have a day that no one use bitcoin anymore because anything can happen out of our imagination and we can’t predict it, but I can assure you that bitcoin is on its way to the top and the number of bitcoin users is growing significantly so that would hardly happen.
richkellj

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 08:11:48 AM

Yes, even we are having the hope that bitcoin will reach an imaginable price levels, some people keep on sending it for their needs. Based on your profession or your wealth level, you will decide to save bitcoin or spend bitcoin, expecting all the people to do one thing (not to spend) is not practically right assumption.
But here, we are discussing if practically everybody taking only one decision with the reason of expecting higher bitcoin value, what would happen?
I expect bitcoin will reach higher price level due to high demand from the rest of the people who are yet to have their first bitcoins.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: