Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 02:14:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT/Ardor question  (Read 1030 times)
willyum (OP)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 05:24:13 AM

Hello,

I have an account with NXT in it. I never use the client, I don't want to download it as it takes to long. Am I eligible to be receiving Ardor? Will I get 1 Ardor for 1 NXT if I just leave all my coins in the account as they have been for about a year?

Cheers
CryptKeeper
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 06:17:11 AM

Hello,

I have an account with NXT in it. I never use the client, I don't want to download it as it takes to long. Am I eligible to be receiving Ardor? Will I get 1 Ardor for 1 NXT if I just leave all my coins in the account as they have been for about a year?

Cheers

Yes, of course. You can receive Ardor tokens in every NXT account. But when the Ardor tokens will be distributed, you will have to download the client to see them or transfer them. An alternative would be the online wallet at https://wallet.mynxt.info. You can register and get a new account address, but you can import your existing account by entering your passphrase.

Follow me on twitter! I'm a private Bitcoin and altcoin hodler. Giving away crypto for free on my Twitter feed!
helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2016, 06:21:07 AM

I think he might mean he has an exchange like bittrex or something with nxt in it and is wondering if he will still receive the ardor since technically the exchange owns it. I asked the same question a while back but there seemed to be some uncertainty about weather or not i would actuially be rewarded the ardor since it was completely up to the exchange owner.

willyum (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 06:24:47 AM

I'm talking about an NXT account. I used to have the client but got rid of it.
CryptKeeper
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 06:28:29 AM

I think he might mean he has an exchange like bittrex or something with nxt in it and is wondering if he will still receive the ardor since technically the exchange owns it. I asked the same question a while back but there seemed to be some uncertainty about weather or not i would actuially be rewarded the ardor since it was completely up to the exchange owner.

All major Nxt exchanges will distribute Ardor:
http://www.newsbtc.com/2016/07/08/major-nxt-exchanges-agree-distribute-ardor-tokens/

Follow me on twitter! I'm a private Bitcoin and altcoin hodler. Giving away crypto for free on my Twitter feed!
CryptKeeper
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 06:29:04 AM

I'm talking about an NXT account. I used to have the client but got rid of it.

I see no problem with this as long as you keep your passphrase safe!

willyum (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 06:33:10 AM

Sweet! Let's get rich...BTCBTCBTC
barnes13

Activity: 1274
Merit: 521

7enius - Your Cryptocurrency Marketing Consultant

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2016, 07:55:32 AM

How many NXT must be held to get Ardor?, and how comparison between NXT and Ardor (1:1) or what? should use wallet desktop or online wallet is enough? thanks for respon
HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2016, 08:20:55 AM

How many NXT must be held to get Ardor?, and how comparison between NXT and Ardor (1:1) or what? should use wallet desktop or online wallet is enough? thanks for respon

you should use your own downloaded wallet and preferably a downloaded blockchain from peerexplorer
as I understand it, NXT : Ardor is 1:1/2, because the second half goes to developers

CryptKeeper
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 08:46:49 AM

you should use your own downloaded wallet and preferably a downloaded blockchain from peerexplorer
as I understand it, NXT : Ardor is 1:1/2, because the second half goes to developers

NXT:ARDOR will be 1:1, depending on you balance average during the snapshot period (3 month).

The first child chain on Ardor, preliminary name FNX, will be distributed with a ratio NXT:FNX of 1:0.5-1.0 depending on the funding state of the developers.

helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2016, 09:26:36 AM

NXT:ARDOR will be 1:1, depending on you balance average during the snapshot period (3 month).

The first child chain on Ardor, preliminary name FNX, will be distributed with a ratio NXT:FNX of 1:0.5-1.0 depending on the funding state of the developers.

So is it too late to buy more nxt now?  If i was to buy some now would i get a ratio of  1 to 1 when i get ardor or would i get a lesser amount?  Or is that the snap shot actually finished now?

CryptKeeper
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 09:34:42 AM

So is it too late to buy more nxt now?  If i was to buy some now would i get a ratio of  1 to 1 when i get ardor or would i get a lesser amount?  Or is that the snap shot actually finished now?

No, it's not too late to buy NXT!  Grin
Only thing is, as snapshotting started yesterday, you will get a slightly smaller rate as 1:1. The snapshot is taken every hour for the following 3 months. The sooner you buy into NXT, the more Ardor you'll get!

The FNX ratio doesn't depend on the snapshotting phase, it will be distributed when Ardor goes live.

farl4web
Legendary

Activity: 1205

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 09:52:49 AM

Check out the presentation from last week from Lior Yaffe (username Riker).
He's one of the core developers of Nxt/Ardor and he talks about the future.

https://youtu.be/soHe4UMyCCk

Slides: https://bitcoil.co.il/files/Advanced.Concepts.in.Blockchain.Design.pptx and http://prezi.com/x8jyard5-h51/

Filmed during Israel Bitcoin Meetup in Tel Aviv on 27 July 2016
TravelsAsia

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 12:00:10 PM

So is it too late to buy more nxt now?  If i was to buy some now would i get a ratio of  1 to 1 when i get ardor or would i get a lesser amount?  Or is that the snap shot actually finished now?

Only thing is, as snapshotting started yesterday, you will get a slightly smaller rate as 1:1. The snapshot is taken every hour for the following 3 months. The sooner you buy into NXT, the more Ardor you'll get!

The FNX ratio doesn't depend on the snapshotting phase, it will be distributed when Ardor goes live.

That's an important point, investors can jump in any time before the October deadline to earn Ardor.
san2ok

Activity: 638
Merit: 254

Supporter of DGB, XEM

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 09:57:57 PM

hi cryptkeeper, please help support next Ardor project

the upcoming new child-chain for ARDOR
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: