Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:21:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Turkey ‘coup attempt’ | ~265 dead and at least 1'600 injured  (Read 1425 times)
redsn0w (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 08:45:04 PM
Last edit: July 17, 2016, 03:00:08 PM by redsn0w

"Turkish military have sealed off bridges in Istanbul saying they have taken control of the country, as the Prime Minister confirms a coup attempt is underway.

Binali Yildirim added that the military are acting outside the chain of command and security forces are working to resolve the situation. “The government elected by the people remains in charge. This government will only go when the people say so,” he remarked. He said those responsible for the attempted coup will ‘pay the highest price’."

Reference:
 - http://www.euronews.com/2016/07/15/istanbul-bosphorus-bridge-and-fatih-sultan-mehmet-bridge-closed-by-turkish-military/
 - https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2016/jul/15/turkey-coup-attempt-military-gunfire-ankara

265 dead. ((other source says only 20 coup forces killed) gov-source: 104 coup forces, ~40 civilians, ~161 pro-gov forces [117 unknown combatants, 41 police, 2 soldiers])
1,600+ injured.
3000+ soldiers arrested
2700+ judges arrested (2 Supreme Court members)
6 generals arrested (4-star generals: 1 AF Chief, 2 Army Cmdrs)

You can check this thread out on reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Turkey/comments/4t6ql6/facts_about_turkish_coup_july_15_2016/

Feel free to ask me any questions.

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2016, 08:51:05 PM

Just saw this on the news, fucking hell, I didn't see this coming, I knew Edrogan was hated but I didn't think the military would do something about him as well, guess that comedian in Germany won't have to worry about getting jailed anymore for making jokes about him now.
markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 09:04:24 PM

Hopefully Edrogan ends his career hanging from a tree.
redsn0w (OP)
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 09:12:26 PM

Just saw this on the news, fucking hell, I didn't see this coming, I knew Edrogan was hated but I didn't think the military would do something about him as well, guess that comedian in Germany won't have to worry about getting jailed anymore for making jokes about him now.

Yeah to much unexpected events in such short time.

Hopefully Edrogan ends his career hanging from a tree.

Why are you saying this?
a7mos

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 09:34:55 PM

In every coup, every side wants to control the capital to show he control the whole country. So why these military  are in Istanbul not Ankara which is the capital ?
SyGambler
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1804

guess who's back

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 10:28:20 PM

In every coup, every side wants to control the capital to show he control the whole country. So why these military  are in Istanbul not Ankara which is the capital ?

Erdogan is now in Istanbul by the way , and he is calling the media with skype  Grin  the army almost dominated everything in the country
for people who understand Arabic , here is a link for what's going live
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04uzP251PoY
hopefully Erdogan is over , this man made my people and others suffer , it's the end of ISIS's main supporter  Smiley
duts_bg

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 10:34:43 PM

"Mustafa Kemal Atatürk (pronounced [mustäˈfä ceˈmäl äˈtäˌtyɾc]; 19 May 1881 (conventional) – 10 November 1938) was a Turkish army officer, revolutionary, and the first President of Turkey. He is credited with being the founder of the Republic of Turkey. His surname, Atatürk (meaning "Father of the Turks"), was granted to him in 1934 and forbidden to any other person by the Turkish parliament.[1]

Atatürk was a military officer during World War I.[2] Following the defeat of the Ottoman Empire in World War I, he led the Turkish National Movement in the Turkish War of Independence. Having established a provisional government in Ankara, he defeated the forces sent by the Allies, eventually leading to victory in the Turkish War of Independence. Atatürk then embarked upon a program of political, economic, and cultural reforms, seeking to transform the former Ottoman Empire into a modern and secular nation-state. Under his leadership, thousands of new schools were built, primary education was made free and compulsory, and women were given equal civil and political rights, while the burden of taxation on peasants was reduced.[3] His government also carried out an extensive policy of Turkification.[4][5][6][7] The principles of Atatürk's reforms, upon which modern Turkey was established, are referred to as Kemalism."

As a result of the foregoing, the army has always been highly respected in Turkey.   Erdogan  allowed himself to encroach the army, in  addition to much crap that created. Senior officers who did not share the views for Islamisation of Turkey, were jailed. I guess that were involved external factors too, but underlying everything is the anarchy that Turkish politicians manage to organize in the country during certain periods of time.

And something else. In accordance with the Constitution of Turkey, the army had the right to interfere in political life when things obviously are not going well. A few years ago through parliamentary tricks this right was withdrawn from Erdogan.

SHIFT is a distributed P2P network that incentivizes decentralization for secure content publishing and storage.
redsn0w (OP)
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 10:37:25 PM

Erdogan is now in Istanbul by the way , and he is calling the media with skype  Grin  the army almost dominated everything in the country
hopefully Erdogan is over , this man made my people and others suffer , it's the end of ISIS's main supporter  Smiley

Now Erdogan is going to UK if I'm not wrong, he is not in Instanbul.
SyGambler
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1804

guess who's back

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 10:42:35 PM

Now Erdogan is going to UK if I'm not wrong, he is not in Instanbul.

as the media is now saying , Erdogan is calling the media with skype and he is stuck in Istanbul
the army controlled the airports as the media is saying , but Erdogan may find a way to leave Turkey
in general when you see how he is speaking you will notice the weakness , the coup was highly organised
Arcteryx

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

EtherSphere - Social Games

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 12:46:16 AM

I thought the county shut down all access to social media from coming in or going out. Undecided
If China can block google searches by it's citizens (being in the billions) then I am pretty sure that Turkey can do the same access limits to this smaller denomination of it's population.

........EtherSphere........
.....ICO Starts on 5th August, 4:00 PM UTC.....
.......High ROI Social Ethereum Games
........BENEFITS WHITEPAPER ANN THREAD GITHUB REDDIT TWITTER........

░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████████▀░░░░░
░░░░░░░░▄█████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░▄██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░██████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░▀███████████████████▄░░░░
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████████████████▄░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▀░░░
░░░░░░░▄█████████████████▀▀░░░░░
░░░░░▄████████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░......................
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1051

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2016, 05:28:35 AM

Is this with US again?
US should back away with all these countries, they are the ones destroying every ones countries here. One should see the pattern of what they did since the start from iraq, libya and syria.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
redsn0w (OP)
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 05:46:57 AM

An attempted Turkish military coup appeared to crumble on Saturday after crowds answered President Tayyip Erdogan's call to take to the streets to support him and dozens of rebel soldiers abandoned their tanks in the main city of Istanbul. At least 60 people were killed in violence that erupted on Friday after a faction of the armed forces attempted to seize power, officials said.
The uprising was an "act of treason", and those responsible would pay a heavy price, he told reporters at a hastily arranged news conference. Arrests of officers were under way and it would go higher up the ranks, culminating in the cleansing of the military, he said.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-turkey-security-primeminister-idUSKCN0ZV2HK
apollofire

Activity: 226

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 06:07:44 AM

Very shocking. Minority opposition is trying to topple the democratically elected govt with the help of army? What more to expect??

I am still Selling.

Email: thecableguy.livetv@gmail.com
Masha Sha

Activity: 560
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 07:48:11 AM

Some one tried to steal the erdogan palace... Who wouldn't want it... A 300 millions dollars palace must be quite luxury... Lot of bitcoins ;-)

/sarc /snowflakeshield /iammorevirtuousthanyou /2692 /pixelsonscreeen /fuckthemusep2p /p2p=love
redsn0w (OP)
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 08:09:54 AM

helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2016, 08:11:15 AM

Does anyone know why the army are taking part in this coup? ive read a few articles online but none of them really say who is leading the coup or why its happening. Is this looking to be the long term destruction of turkey or is it just going to be their prime minister booted out of power? Either way it doesnt look too good.

romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1213

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 11:10:34 AM

Really hard to lose more than 150 lives. Just based on a group of army personals to take control over the nation has come to an end with unwanted human loss. Such situations should not arise anywhere.

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
redsn0w (OP)
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 02:11:25 PM

Really hard to lose more than 150 lives. Just based on a group of army personals to take control over the nation has come to an end with unwanted human loss. Such situations should not arise anywhere.

That's unbelievable, Now I think most of the soldiers will be executed for all this disorder and deaths.

jupiterdianysa

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 03:18:51 PM

The Turkey coup d'etat was a deliberate false flag by Erdogan to cement his power

It's simple, really.

Erdogan was struggling with approval lately, thus he orchestrated a coup during which, inexplicably, a lot civilians were injured, killed or at least fired upon (in contrast to the past 4 coups, where the military focus was solely on government).

Now he has a legitimate reason to cut civil liberties even more, suppress all opposition and become a de-facto dictator with little resistance from the international community.

And since he smack down a coup by dangerous psychos killing civilians and not a legitimate opposition, he will walk away the hero protecting his people.

Edit: Also consider how quickly this ended and the small part of the military that was involved. All past coups have been orchestrated nation-wide by huge portions of the military.

redsn0w (OP)
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 08:20:21 AM

The Turkey coup d'etat was a deliberate false flag by Erdogan to cement his power

It's simple, really.

Erdogan was struggling with approval lately, thus he orchestrated a coup during which, inexplicably, a lot civilians were injured, killed or at least fired upon (in contrast to the past 4 coups, where the military focus was solely on government).

Now he has a legitimate reason to cut civil liberties even more, suppress all opposition and become a de-facto dictator with little resistance from the international community.

And since he smack down a coup by dangerous psychos killing civilians and not a legitimate opposition, he will walk away the hero protecting his people.

Edit: Also consider how quickly this ended and the small part of the military that was involved. All past coups have been orchestrated nation-wide by huge portions of the military.

I think the same all the event is really strange to be a real coup. I'm curious to see what it will happen in the next couple of weeks...
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: