Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 08:39:52 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How long will bitcoin survive?  (Read 6536 times)
nealvanessa990

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 07:56:57 AM

Will bitcoin still be there in 2020 or will some other technology better than bitcoin take over?
2020 is very close.I think bitcoin will survive next 100 years also.If you can see from 2009 to 2016 how much increased  bitcoin price.Bitcoin will reach the moon for her anonymity.there is no payment system you can hide how much worth you are without bitcoin.People now dont want to share how much money they have thats the key to increased bitcoin price.
pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 09:25:16 AM

Will bitcoin still be there in 2020 or will some other technology better than bitcoin take over?
2020 is very close.I think bitcoin will survive next 100 years also.If you can see from 2009 to 2016 how much increased  bitcoin price.Bitcoin will reach the moon for her anonymity.there is no payment system you can hide how much worth you are without bitcoin.People now dont want to share how much money they have thats the key to increased bitcoin price.

Anonymity is not the strong feature of Bitcoin. There are multiple other alts, which have stronger privacy features.
The recent rise of Monero is due to people realizing its superior anonymity features.

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 09:35:42 AM

My cutoff date is 2020. If it's looking broadly similar to where it is now in terms of actual user activity then I'll probably reconsider my position. The way it's set up is rather shark like. It needs to keep on moving and growing if it's to survive.
BitAurum (OP)

Activity: 318
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 10:05:23 AM

My cutoff date is 2020. If it's looking broadly similar to where it is now in terms of actual user activity then I'll probably reconsider my position. The way it's set up is rather shark like. It needs to keep on moving and growing if it's to survive.
That's the point and there lies my concern.

Will bitcoin keep moving and growing in the coming years or will the growth stop and cause bitcoin to die off?
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1020

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 10:35:13 AM

Anonymity is not the strong feature of Bitcoin. There are multiple other alts, which have stronger privacy features.
The recent rise of Monero is due to people realizing its superior anonymity features.

That's what I'm thinking too that one alt already surpass Bitcoin anonymity which is monero and it's widely used already on dark net which also have the potential to grow or develop in upcoming years but we'll Bitcoin has already got its pace which is somehow I could say that it would survive for long.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
..FAST DEPOSITS .........
..AND WITHDRAWALS..
    ▄▄████████▄▄                        ▄██████▄
  ▄███████▀██████▄                   ▄██████████▄
 ██████ ▀▀ ▄ █████       ██          ▄████████████▄
████████  ▄▀▄ ▀██▀      ▄███       ▄███          ███▄
███████▄  ▀▀▀ ▄██      ▄█████▄    ████████    ███████
███████  ██▀  ▄██     ████████▄   ███▀ ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▀██
█████▄▄  ▀▀▄   ██▄    ▀▀█████▀▀   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
 ██████ █ ▄ ▄█████    ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▀   ████████    ██████▀
  ▀███████████████     ▀█████      ▀██████▄▄▄▄████▀▀
    ▀▀█████████▀         ███         ▀▀████████▀▀
..WHEEL OF..
..FORTUNE...
.WELCOME OFFER .
......200% + 50FS.....
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██████
████████████▀▀▀    ██████
███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
████▄     ▄█▀     ███████
███████▄ █▀      ████████
████████▌▐       ████████
█████████ ▄██▄  █████████
███████████████▄█████████
▀███████████████████████▀

.PLAY NOW.
[/ta
relq

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 12:28:18 PM

We never know how long bitcoin will survive. But, i think bitcoin can survive until long time, maybe until the next 5-20 years. As long as the bitcoin's price keep high, i'm sure bitcoin will survive.
BitAurum (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 12:59:52 PM

That's what I'm thinking too that one alt already surpass Bitcoin anonymity which is monero and it's widely used already on dark net which also have the potential to grow or develop in upcoming years but we'll Bitcoin has already got its pace which is somehow I could say that it would survive for long.
If a cryptocurrency is widely used in the dark net it would result in major news outlets trashing the coin and cause investors to loose faith in the currency.

As gentlemand mentioned bitcoins needs to move and grow to remain the most popular cryptocurrency.
Chrismeister

Activity: 465

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 02:10:41 PM

If a cryptocurrency is widely used in the dark net it would result in major news outlets trashing the coin and cause investors to loose faith in the currency.

As gentlemand mentioned bitcoins needs to move and grow to remain the most popular cryptocurrency.

You are right but I also think that this is possible, the bitcoin has a great future and there is a big crowd for it also, it can become the future currency if you are asking me about it.
Its just how you are looking to it, it has a good future and can grow fast in a short time so that is good news.
lionheart78
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1152

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2016, 03:19:25 PM

More probably monero wil be shutdown if FBI have its attention in it.  Anyway I don't think any altcoin have the capacity to replace bitcoin in the next 4 years, or if there is one it is not yet created.  i think in terms of technology and security, bitcoin will keep on upgrading and evolving since all the developer of BTC are very active, besides, as of now  no other altcoinn have surpassed the number of bitcoin base users.  Bitcoin industry is still young, there are lots of room to grow unless abandoned by its developer I can see a continous growth of bitcoin in terms of economiy and technology.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
BitAurum (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 03:26:30 PM

More probably monero wil be shutdown if FBI have its attention in it.  Anyway I don't think any altcoin have the capacity to replace bitcoin in the next 4 years, or if there is one it is not yet created.  i think in terms of technology and security, bitcoin will keep on upgrading and evolving since all the developer of BTC are very active, besides, as of now  no other altcoinn have surpassed the number of bitcoin base users.  Bitcoin industry is still young, there are lots of room to grow unless abandoned by its developer I can see a continous growth of bitcoin in terms of economiy and technology.
The good thing about cryptocurrencies is that they cannot be taken down or regulated by the government.

But governments can ban the usage of certain cryptocurrency if its mostly used for illegal business.
rektDude

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 08:29:11 PM

You are right but I also think that this is possible, the bitcoin has a great future and there is a big crowd for it also, it can become the future currency if you are asking me about it.
Its just how you are looking to it, it has a good future and can grow fast in a short time so that is good news.

The bitcoin has a good future but no one can predict this, I think we just have to see what is gonna happen with it, hopefully the bitcoin is gonna rise to a higher amount very soon.
It has a great future so that is nice, I think that it will survive a long time!
20kevin20
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1598

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 08:31:47 PM

It's going to survive until the governments are going to do something about/with it, or as soon as a bad event (financial crash) takes place. I hope none of these will though .. I think we all do.
Pierre 2
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1358

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 08:50:48 PM

Bitcoin has such big market that I still believe price changes wont crash it at all.
It will live very long, very very long. Most likely never die.
InvoKing
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2016, 08:53:53 PM

until 2020 definitely we will still use bitcoin, after that i would say yes, maybe it will be less used if a new technology will appear but we will find some people using it just like coal and electricity  Wink

PSPD:law and order enforcement!
Press Section Police Department!
groll

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 09:08:30 AM

No one will take it over.  It will stay until the earth is still revolving and the sun still shining. Grin  No one can state until up to what time bitcoin will still evolve but the fact that many people are using it then it would suggest that it keeps on until people continue to support it.  You might be surprise that one day all people uses it just like an ordinary currency.  We never know.
arwin100

Activity: 2772
Merit: 817

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2016, 01:47:49 PM

until 2020 definitely we will still use bitcoin, after that i would say yes, maybe it will be less used if a new technology will appear but we will find some people using it just like coal and electricity  Wink

2020 is another bitcoin achievement to be reach if this coin will be alive for that time around but i really want to see bitcoins to be alive forever so we can earn continously eventhough we are grands, but bitcoin existance are all matters to the people if they will still believe in this coin provably this coin would last for many decades of existance. So let's raise the demands so bitcoins would be more alive and healthy to its finest.

BitAurum (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 04:01:15 PM

It's going to survive until the governments are going to do something about/with it, or as soon as a bad event (financial crash) takes place. I hope none of these will though .. I think we all do.
If a financial crash happens it would be good for bitcoin because people will start seeing hope in the digital currency.

Let's just hope a financial crisis doesn't happen again.
babsalt1975

Activity: 526

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 04:16:05 PM

I have 100% trust that Bitcoin will stay for a very long time despite people doubting it. It has emerged as a perfect solution for the current economic crunch. Relying on fiat currency alone will not help so much but with bitcoin and its technology, I hope economies will stabilize.
safari88
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1026

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 04:33:13 PM

I have 100% trust that Bitcoin will stay for a very long time despite people doubting it. It has emerged as a perfect solution for the current economic crunch. Relying on fiat currency alone will not help so much but with bitcoin and its technology, I hope economies will stabilize.

I will be using bitcoin to 30-40 years in the future and I also believe bitcoin can last up to 40 years at least. the development of technology is always growing rapidly and currently all the technology has always been at the forefront. so bitcoin will be great in the future with the technology of the currency which is better than anything.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
andyste

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 07:11:13 PM

very long
but bitcoin is still community use, the big community still use bitcoin
bitcoin always run and survive, but no one pople use bitcoin i think same with altcoin can't use only wait to die
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: