Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:41:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Nvidia GPU Mining Problems  (Read 6938 times)
tbearhere (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 06:59:48 PM
Last edit: August 04, 2016, 11:28:12 PM by tbearhere

I Should have name this thread  MY Nvidia GPU Mining Problems, but any problem related to this is welcome in.
My apologies to everyone helping me especially crackfoo for messing up his thread.
I have so many other personal  problems hitting me at the same time.
I started this thread on this extremely annoying problem I have been have for some time with my one rig.
Thank you all for your understanding.
Thank you all for helping out.

Thank you all for responding  Smiley Do to things beyond my control I may not be able to try fixes right away.. it may take time.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SPECS: Asrock 81 BTC pro mb.
           Anteck 1300 watt continuous psu. I have a second one  sli together but has been out for awhile ... was trying to add a 2nd gigabyte 970 gtx g1 graphics card.. but problems got worst....same problems.
           Barracuda seagate hdd 1 tb.
           2 980ti gigabyte g1 graphics card.
           1 750 ti gigabyte graphics card.
           1 970 gtx gigabyte g1 graphics card.
           Intel celeron g1850  2 core/ 2 thread  2.9 ghz processor
           Age of rig about 6 months.  
           On power risers all in good shape.
           No oc'ing now.  

Built to hold 12 cards dual mb ect. not done yet.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A crash report says an app blocked ccminer from working and has been blocked from accessing the graphics driver. This is the main issue right now.

Starting up everything good.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nikolaj

Activity: 445
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 11:45:12 PM

hi

what do you need ?  Smiley
joblo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 12:46:40 AM

My apologies to everyone helping me especially crackfoo for messing up his thread.
I have so many other personal  problems hitting me at the same time.
I started this thread on this extremely annoying problem I have been have for some time with my one rig.

When you're ready to dig into this post your rig configs for reference. You'll need to follow a precise process
to avoid confusion. Make sure you can identify each component if they look too similar. Keep good notes.
Limit the number of variables that need to be controlled. Avoid assumptions and prove conclusions.

The first step is to test all your HW. Minimal configs are best for this, one GPU, one riser.
Test them one at a time to ensure they are all ok. If you have 2 rigs test all cards in both rigs to increase your confidence.

Once you've tried them all focus on any failures. Look for pattenrs, if there is a persistent fault the faulty component
should become obvious as it moves and the problem follows it. If it's intermittent it gets trickier.

That's enough to start.

AKA JayDDee, cpuminer-opt developer. https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5226770.msg53865575#msg53865575
BTC: 12tdvfF7KmAsihBXQXynT6E6th2c2pByTT,
Spiffy_1

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 06:02:53 AM

To add to the above post, make sure all of your system is stock clock. CPU and GPU's.  even a minor instability in either can cause havok in a mining rig.

If you like what I've posted, mine for me on whatever algo you like on www.zpool.ca for a minute using my bitcoin address: 1BJJYPRcRPzTEfByCwkeJ8SCBcrnGD1nhL
tbearhere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 09:30:24 AM

Thank you all for responding... plz read OP as of now I will be adding specs ect updating
tbearhere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 10:36:18 AM

Right now it is room temperature. It seems to be so much more stable. Today it will go up to and beyond 32c. At that point it won't mine for more then a few minutes but it should and was 4 days straight without a crash one time about a week ago.
I'm mining muti algo switching with Minercontrol.
And right now everything is fine but as the temperature rises it should start crashing.
I will be doing things as suggested as soon as possible.
tbearhere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 10:59:01 AM

I have so many other personal  problems hitting me at the same time.

When you're ready to dig into this post your rig configs for reference. You'll need to follow a precise process
to avoid confusion. Make sure you can identify each component if they look too similar. Keep good notes.
Limit the number of variables that need to be controlled. Avoid assumptions and prove conclusions.

The first step is to test all your HW. Minimal configs are best for this, one GPU, one riser.
Test them one at a time to ensure they are all ok. If you have 2 rigs test all cards in both rigs to increase your confidence.

Once you've tried them all focus on any failures. Look for pattenrs, if there is a persistent fault the faulty component
should become obvious as it moves and the problem follows it. If it's intermittent it gets trickier.

That's enough to start.
Thank you joblo
tbearhere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 11:01:10 AM

hi

what do you need ?  Smiley
Thank you.... it is on OP  Smiley
tbearhere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 11:02:01 AM

To add to the above post, make sure all of your system is stock clock. CPU and GPU's.  even a minor instability in either can cause havok in a mining rig.
Yes I turned all oc'ing off.  Thank you
joblo
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 11:05:13 AM

Right now it is room temperature. It seems to be so much more stable. Today it will go up to and beyond 32c. At that point it won't mine for more then a few minutes but it should and was 4 days straight without a crash one time about a week ago.
And right now everything is fine but as the temperature rises it should start crashing.

Keep notes of what algos fail to start to see if it's algo specific. Also try to characterize the failures in more detail.
Does it ever fail on the first algo or does it switch a few times before it fails? Once you have a failure does it then
fail consistently. How does it recover, do you reboot?

JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2016, 11:13:52 AM

since minercontrol is being used to launch the apps, have you tried running MC under administrator elevation to see if it helps?

It's a strange problem.... I can't think of what would cause HAL to not let your app access the video card...  The only time I had a problem with miner apps not accessing the video card myself was when there was a driver updated by windows automatically and it wasn't the nvidia package with CUDA updates.

Joblo is spot on;  test all hardware one at a time.  I know it seems annoying and it takes a lot of time, but you will find out where your issue resides.  If it is on a specific algo;  try trimming the intensity back a touch, at least .5 if not 1 from what its at currently.  Since Temp is an issue, I would consider this for sure.

I know you definitely need the individual driver packages for each model of card you are running to be installed.    In the past I have heard of people running into bugs and issues when they are mixing and matching types/generations of cards, and they were always able to resolve by having each card type on a separate rig.  This way drivers are unified and the system OS is simpler.

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
tbearhere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 11:20:45 AM

Keep notes of what algos fail to start to see if it's algo specific. Also try to characterize the failures in more detail.
Does it ever fail on the first algo or does it switch a few times before it fails? Once you have a failure does it then
fail consistently. How does it recover, do you reboot?

No real specific algo..... I have to reboot.....  it doesn't fail on first algo meaning it will mine that algo for a few minutes then crash..but when temperatures rise. Right now it is room temp and running fine through the algo's as it gets hotter it should start crashing.
tbearhere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 11:28:11 AM

since minercontrol is being used to launch the apps, have you tried running MC under administrator elevation to see if it helps?

It's a strange problem.... I can't think of what would cause HAL to not let your app access the video card...  The only time I had a problem with miner apps not accessing the video card myself was when there was a driver updated by windows automatically and it wasn't the nvidia package with CUDA updates.

Joblo is spot on;  test all hardware one at a time.  I know it seems annoying and it takes a lot of time, but you will find out where your issue resides.  If it is on a specific algo;  try trimming the intensity back a touch, at least .5 if not 1 from what its at currently.  Since Temp is an issue, I would consider this for sure.

I know you definitely need the individual driver packages for each model of card you are running to be installed.    In the past I have heard of people running into bugs and issues when they are mixing and matching types/generations of cards, and they were always able to resolve by having each card type on a separate rig.  This way drivers are unified and the system OS is simpler.
Yes I did try MC under administrative. And it crashed within 3 minutes .. but running at 32c in the room  .. right now it is very cool in the room..room temp 1 degree less and running great.
I think we can start looking at msi afterburner maybe for the problem .. not sure. Maybe the app fan control ? Not sure yet.
Thx
tbearhere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 11:31:08 AM

In 6 hours it should start crashing as the temperatures rise.. summer here and a heat wave.
tbearhere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 01:51:34 PM

Ok first crash 5 hours later at 25c.
joblo
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 01:56:35 PM

Ok first crash 5 hours later at 78f.

Just to be clear, does it always start mining then crash due to access blocked or does it ever crash on ccminer startup?
Does it crash if you run a single algo without ever swicthing?
Have you been monitoring GPU temps?

tbearhere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 02:10:20 PM

Ok first crash 5 hours later at 78f.

Just to be clear, does it always start mining then crash due to access blocked or does it ever crash on ccminer startup?
Does it crash if you run a single algo without ever swicthing?
Have you been monitoring GPU temps?
It starts mining like normal..then crashes after about 3 to 5 minutes after mining.
Rebooting it now.
tbearhere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 02:22:57 PM

Worked for 3 minutes then crash.... apparently algo's don't matter.
This is before crash....rebooting again turning box fan up to full to help cool.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 02:29:45 PM

why you still have 3 different card in the same rig, do you really need the 750? not saying that that is the problem(well it might be) but i find it wacky
tbearhere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 02:45:40 PM

Ok mining fine then as it went to switch algo's it went through it's cool down cycle I have set to 12 seconds ...needed to get from p2 state to p8 state ..then crashed.
Now I have at the wall watt meter and during this stage it should go down to 92 watts but didn't.. it went to 252 watts not mining  humm.
Going to up that time to 20 and give that a try.
This is not the crash that was happening.
The display driver never works after that need a reboot.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: