Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:14:56 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Nvidia GPU Mining Problems  (Read 6950 times)
tbearhere (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 02:46:47 PM

why you still have 3 different card in the same rig, do you really need the 750? not saying that that is the problem(well it might be) but i find it wacky
The 750ti is fine amph  need all the hash I can get... thx
If we get this fixed then I'll add the other 970 gtx sitting in its box.
tbearhere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 02:57:46 PM
Last edit: July 17, 2016, 06:32:20 PM by tbearhere

There are 2 maybe 3 things making it crash.....I think I got one of them.... proving by upping the cool down time.
tbearhere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 03:13:40 PM

Now 970 gtx is not recognized and sometimes the 980ti too on fast reboot.. need to reboot twice to be recognized.
This doesn't happen at lower temp if it is related to temp.  room temp  83 f  28c .
On that crash wattage went down to normal 92 f to change algo's.
tbearhere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 03:35:01 PM
Last edit: July 17, 2016, 06:31:12 PM by tbearhere

That will happen no matter what ccminer im using.
83 f  28c temp room.
Second cause of crash.
Got it captured finally. 970gtx card 2 device 2.
That cards clocks default mining p2 state 1413 should be 1117.
Now my 2nd 970gtx when I tried it.... clocks the same thing so I did an rma an that ....so when I got the rma 3rd card 970gtx the clocks the same thing 1413.
Their supposed to be about 1178 core but always show 1413 core no oc'ing.

joblo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 03:56:53 PM

You're juggling too many things at once, start isolating cards. If you have multiple faults you have to seperate them.

You seem to have an issue triggerred by heat, you need to find out which card it is and you need to monitor
the GPU temperatures to confirm it's temp related.

AKA JayDDee, cpuminer-opt developer. https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5226770.msg53865575#msg53865575
BTC: 12tdvfF7KmAsihBXQXynT6E6th2c2pByTT,
tbearhere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 04:51:26 PM
Last edit: July 17, 2016, 05:17:05 PM by tbearhere

You're juggling too many things at once, start isolating cards. If you have multiple faults you have to seperate them.

You seem to have an issue triggerred by heat, you need to find out which card it is and you need to monitor

That's what I was doing... now im mining one algo only and so far no crashes. Smiley
Room temp 86 f.
I'm also posting extra info for my own notes.
Thx joblo for your help.... much appreciated.  Smiley
joblo
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 05:17:30 PM

That's what I was doing... now im mining one algo only and so far no crashes. Smiley
Room temp 86 f.

OK, so your following the algo switching lead. Following up with that, has it failed imediately after a reboot,
ie the first algo starts up but crashes after a few minutes? Or does it run fine for a while algo switching and not
crashing until suddenly it crashes? Monitor the GPU temperatures, not the room remperatures, to see if there
is a correlation.

You will also need to identify which card is crashing. If you don't want to test one card at a time you can test minus 1
card at a time, remove one card, test, resinstall, remove a different card, repeat.

DrkLvr_

Activity: 724
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 05:33:48 PM

i would recommend to install linux.. try with a separate hard drive as you are bound to have problems the first time.. but there are guides on installing the driers, cuda and all that.. my linux rigs run for months without crashing

apart from that you can try booting in safe mode, i had a 6x750ti rig running windows7 that would (surprisingly) mine in safe mode without any issues. otherwise it would crash every few hours for different reasons.  however in other rigs using windows 2012 hashing in safe mode does not work
tbearhere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 06:16:06 PM

Room temp 86 f.

OK, so your following the algo switching lead. Following up with that, has it failed imediately after a reboot,
ie the first algo starts up but crashes after a few minutes? Or does it run fine for a while algo switching and not
crashing until suddenly it crashes? Monitor the GPU temperatures, not the room remperatures, to see if there
is a correlation.

You will also need to identify which card is crashing. If you don't want to test one card at a time you can test minus 1
card at a time, remove one card, test, resinstall, remove a different card, repeat.
Yes exactly.... it crashed... card #2 again   970 gtx   now going to mine without it in the bat file on lyra2v2 only no switching. But the crash .....it was mining with only the 970 and scrolling fast but mining.
I have a lot of things that must get done... so I will be on and off the thread for the next day or 2. Undecided
If it still crashes I will remove the card and try that next. Smiley
Thx

tbearhere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 06:18:11 PM

i would recommend to install linux.. try with a separate hard drive as you are bound to have problems the first time.. but there are guides on installing the driers, cuda and all that.. my linux rigs run for months without crashing

apart from that you can try booting in safe mode, i had a 6x750ti rig running windows7 that would (surprisingly) mine in safe mode without any issues. otherwise it would crash every few hours for different reasons.  however in other rigs using windows 2012 hashing in safe mode does not work
Thx DrkLvr ... some time in the future I may do that.. thx
Spiffy_1

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 06:35:01 PM

I'm wondering if it is a heat issue.  Can you run a temp monitoring program and observe the temperatures up to and during a crash?  Try also not using miner control and just mine one select coin and see if you can make 12 hours.  One card at a time, repeat process.  If you're using a scrypt like JK's, then you aren't the only one getting crashes every 6 hours(mine does as well on 1.03).   My theory on the scrypt switching is it fails to close the non profitable miner before opening up the other, and with high intensities(which is another issue you might be running into(if you're mining with -i intensity try removing that altogether))it causes a memory overlap and crash.

If you like what I've posted, mine for me on whatever algo you like on www.zpool.ca for a minute using my bitcoin address: 1BJJYPRcRPzTEfByCwkeJ8SCBcrnGD1nhL
tbearhere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 07:06:57 PM
Last edit: July 17, 2016, 07:18:16 PM by tbearhere

I'm wondering if it is a heat issue.  Can you run a temp monitoring program and observe the temperatures up to and during a crash?  Try also not using miner control and just mine one select coin and see if you can make 12 hours.  One card at a time, repeat process.  If you're using a scrypt like JK's, then you aren't the only one getting crashes every 6 hours(mine does as well on 1.03).   My theory on the scrypt switching is it fails to close the non profitable miner before opening up the other, and with high intensities(which is another issue you might be running into(if you're mining with -i intensity try removing that altogether))it causes a memory overlap and crash.
I'm running lyra2v2 right now without the 970 gtx in the bat file. Running great. Take a look on the OP.
The 970 gtx is at 1413 core clock.. should be 1178..I think that is one of the problems.
I'm just running the 2 980ti and 1 750ti test run.

joblo
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 08:52:27 PM

Yes exactly.... it crashed... card #2 again   970 gtx   now going to mine without it in the bat file on lyra2v2 only no switching. But the crash .....it was mining with only the 970 and scrolling fast but mining.
I have a lot of things that must get done... so I will be on and off the thread for the next day or 2. Undecided
Thx

This is not good hashing, that card is sick.

joblo
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 08:52:59 PM

I'm wondering if it is a heat issue.  Can you run a temp monitoring program and observe the temperatures up to and during a crash?  Try also not using miner control and just mine one select coin and see if you can make 12 hours.  One card at a time, repeat process.  If you're using a scrypt like JK's, then you aren't the only one getting crashes every 6 hours(mine does as well on 1.03).   My theory on the scrypt switching is it fails to close the non profitable miner before opening up the other, and with high intensities(which is another issue you might be running into(if you're mining with -i intensity try removing that altogether))it causes a memory overlap and crash.
I'm running lyra2v2 right now without the 970 gtx in the bat file. Running great. Take a look on the OP.
The 970 gtx is at 1413 core clock.. should be 1178..I think that is one of the problems.

If the 970 is not mining, why is it so hot?

Spiffy_1

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 09:36:29 PM

38 degrees is something you would see under water at idle.  Unless you're getting valid hash messages (yay!, Yes!)  your card isn't doing what it is supposed to be doing.  Your card can be overclocking itself due to boost clocking.  If the card is spitting out numbers faster than you can see them scroll you're producing nothing but errors and garbage.  Perhaps you have a corrupt version of ccminer or cudaminer?  Try getting the newest 1.8 or redownloading it,  My cards under load hit 58 degrees and thats under water with 7 120sx radiators with an ambient temperature of 24 degrees.  75 to 80 degrees under load for air cooling would be as high as I would push your cards.  Since you're using msi afterburner, you can tune each card individually to stock settings if you like.  I have seen issues with shady power supplies not providing enough voltage to cards, as well as motherboards that don't like 3 cards on the same motherboard.  I know its frustrating, but my suggestion is to start with the lowest videocard.  Take every other card out, and get that one stable.  Then repeat for the other cards one at a time.  We are checking to see if your cards are bad.  If the cards are the same, you can put them together after verifying that they work individually.  And double check to make sure SLI isn't enabled by accident.  That will pock up mining.  I found that one out the hard way.

You could also try updating your nvidia drivers.  you're a few revisions behind.

If you like what I've posted, mine for me on whatever algo you like on www.zpool.ca for a minute using my bitcoin address: 1BJJYPRcRPzTEfByCwkeJ8SCBcrnGD1nhL
tbearhere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 09:49:12 PM

It's in a room.. temp 95 f 35 c  and next to the other cards..
At room temp that card mines very cool about 68c on some algo's.
If I run the other 970 gtx I have all by itself all cards removed .. it will crash immediately.
I think I have a bad batch of 970 gtx cards.
tbearhere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 09:56:46 PM

Thx

This is not good hashing, that card is sick.
That is after it crashed the drivers. Scrolling. 
antantti
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 10:05:41 PM

I haven't been following this thread but if my afterburner panel would look like that I would first go to fan tab.

And then sell those 750ti's. I sold after 500 days of mining thinking that aftermarket price would tank. I was wrong.

Spiffy_1

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 10:09:58 PM

After it crashes your cards are just producing errors.  It may seem silly but try stress testing your individual cards with furmark.  If the cards themselves are bad, they should produce artifacts.  Plus you can monitor the temperatures.  there is a bootable usb linux for mining called KopiemTu that you could try as well. It isn't as user friendly but if you can get it mining then that eliminates the operating system.

joblo
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 10:50:17 PM

It's in a room.. temp 95 f 35 c  and next to the other cards..
At room temp that card mines very cool about 68c on some algo's.
If I run the other 970 gtx I have all by itself all cards removed .. it will crash immediately.
I think I have a bad batch of 970 gtx cards.

Which temp is for which card? It looks like the third card is at 79, isn't that ccminer GPU #2?
Anyway if the cards crash at stock settings and reasonable temps they are defective.
Double faults can easilly get you going in circles trying to troubleshoot.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: