Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:15:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcointalk account trust exchange program  (Read 555 times)
Harsh32 (OP)

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2016, 03:28:16 PM

Can we exchange trust on bitcointalk.

What I mean is I give somebody positive trust , in return he also gives me positive trust.
Is it OK or bitcointalk will block my account for this.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6631

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2016, 03:33:05 PM

What I mean is I give somebody positive trust , in return he also gives me positive trust.
You can do that as trust is not moderated, so the forum will not ban you unless you are spamming. However, it is frowned upon to do that so other members may give you negative trust for doing that.

elite3000
Legendary

Activity: 1073
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 04:27:40 PM

If you plan to do it last thing you want is let other realize what you are doing.

Buy or exchange trust only to get positive trust, with no trade involved, will make you receive red trust.

Won't take long until until your account will be negged
helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2016, 04:30:12 PM

This is exactly what scammers do to pad up their accounts for carrying out scams.  Trust should be earned,  what's the point in it if everyone just gives each other trust for no reason.  Expect some heavy negative trust if you do this.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2016, 05:25:00 PM

Trust is not moderated. However, some things are frowned upon by DT members and this is one of them. If you attempt to *illegally* acquire positive trust (e.g. buying) then you would most likely receive negative trust from DT members.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Harsh32 (OP)

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2016, 06:30:08 PM

Trust is not moderated. However, some things are frowned upon by DT members and this is one of them. If you attempt to *illegally* acquire positive trust (e.g. buying) then you would most likely receive negative trust from DT members.
what's DT member
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2016, 06:34:19 PM

what's DT member
Q: What is Trust and how does it work?
A: Trust is Bitcointalk's feedback based on trust (hence the name). The Trust system is made of 2 components: the Trust list and left feedback.

The Trust list is where you select the users whose feedback on other users you trust and how deep is this trust. You can either trust just their feedback (select the Trust depth as 0), theirs and their trusted users feedback (Trust depth 1), and so on (up until Trust depth 3). Trusted feedback will be counted when displayed as numbers to the left of a users post in trade boards such as Marketplace or Goods.

The feedback page is where you can leave feedback on other users or see a detailed view of a users feedback. Trusted feedback will be shown first and untrusted feedback will be hidden by default. You can view it by clicking the link "Show ratings". Last of all, you can see all the feedback the user has left on others.

This covers the basics of the Trust system. If you want a more in depth description of the Trust system and details I probably missed, go here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=211858.0.
Default Trust members (depth 1) are people who are 'trusted by' theymos. DT (depth 2) members are people on those people's lists. Their feedback is visible by default and will affect your trust score.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Cereberus
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 06:44:42 PM

Not a wise thing to do. You risk of getting a red trust from many members from this forum. A lot of scams happen usually in the lending section. People with high trust and high ranks account try to get a loan sometimes even without collateral because of their trust. People especially newbies or Jr.Members who want to establish themselves in the lending business lend them. Sometimes these high accounts with even green trust are bought accounts and they are bought only to pull out scam like this.

██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
              ██    ██
            ██    ██
          ██    ██
        ██    ██
      ██    ██       
    ██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
TRADEPLAYZ
█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   
TOURNAMENT PVP SYSTEM
  FACEBOOK |  TWITTER  |  LINKEDIN  |  TELEGRAM  |  GITHUB  |  ANN  | INSTAGRAM 

█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   

█▄
                     ████▄
                     ██████▄
                     ████████▄
                     ██████████▄
                     ████████████▄
                     ██████████████▄
                     ███████████████
                     ██████████████▀
                     ████████████▀
                     ██████████▀
                     ████████▀
                     ██████▀
                     ████▀
                     █
█▀
GOOGLE PLAY

▄█████████████▄
                            ███████████████
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            ██████▀▀▀██████
                             ▀████▄▄▄▄████▀
  APPSTORE
Stratobitz
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 07:12:29 PM

This is absurd to even ask. I'm sure one could get away with it, but why even ask?  Trust has a purpose. To reflect a users legitimate activity and transactions with other users. Period.

And honestly, one would need Default Trust member postings to really matter, otherwise the depth would be far too deep to even show up as green/positive.

There being only 200 or so DT members left, since it was cut down (which was needed IMO and I'm glad they took the time, I'm sure it was a lot to go through because the list had become so long), I think the likelihood of getting that would be NIL.

Boost your trust by making small deals with members. Provide what you promise to provide. This will gain reviews. In no time with a number of transactions that went well, you will have reviews and your trust will go up.

Anyone willing to falsely abuse the trust system is not someone to "trust". So I'd recommend not seeking out untrustworthy users/people. Here, or in life. That's my advice.

Cheers!

Strato
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: