Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:14:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Listbyloc.com -- a "classifieds" website for buying and selling locally  (Read 734 times)
listbyloc (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 10:59:50 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2013, 04:15:10 AM by listbyloc

Listbyloc -- a "classifieds" website for buying and selling locally

I posted this in the Newbie subforum, but I think it more properly belongs here.

Last year, I had this great idea: a "Craigslist"-like site that showed everything on a map. So I started to work on this website as a side project, but before I could finish, Craigslist also decided that maps would be a good idea, and they did it themselves. So I dropped the project.

Then after catching the Bitcoin bug, I realized that the community could really benefit from something like this. I re-tooled the website to be BTC-centric.

The one thing with Bitcoin is that you have to trust who you're dealing with, or you have to use an escrow service. But when you deal locally, you can meet, exchange the good you're selling, and watch the buyer pay you at the same time. Seems like a win-win. It also solves the problem of people wanting to get BTC but not having the cash (or a bank account) to do so. Another win-win.

Comments or suggestions -- send them my way!

Screenshots:

http://listbyloc.com/pics/screenshot1.png

http://listbyloc.com/pics/screenshot2.png
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
anzy

Activity: 263
Merit: 250

I like helping people

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 11:33:33 PM

Nice site... looks like a lot of time and effort went into making it. I'll update this post with more pro's & con's but for now:

Con:
Was frustrating not being able to zoom in & out of the maps with a mouse wheel.

Pro:
I like that you can specify multiple accepting currency!

I like building things
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2013, 11:39:46 PM

Don't tell me it's getting slashdotted already.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
listbyloc (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 11:53:02 PM

Con:
Was frustrating not being able to zoom in & out of the maps with a mouse wheel.

Fixed.
listbyloc (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 12:00:06 AM

Don't tell me it's getting slashdotted already.

Shouldn't be--every once in a while it may take a few seconds for the page to load. I've got more than enough processing power backing this thing up to accept a decent amount of traffic.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: