Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:23:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should Butterfly Labs (BFL) get a Scammer tag?
Yes - 1005 (80.4%)
No - 245 (19.6%)
Total Voters: 1250

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [POLL] Should Butterfly Labs (BFL) get a Scammer tag?  (Read 28025 times)
Zephir

Activity: 533
Merit: 539

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 11:33:27 PM

This whole thing is crazy.

It´s the same like I would sell Quantum computers on pre-order now.

Just 1,000,000$, order now!!!   Cheesy

You will get em, but the question is when.

Come on.
Everbody who runs a business like this, will be called a fraudster, scammer, etc, why not now?!? Huh

Signatures lead to paid signature programs which leads to spam!

Clearly we must eliminate the signatures... or ban the paid sig programs
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 06:19:27 AM

Are 800 people wrong?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 06:22:53 AM

Monarch sounds like dominate or domination IMHO and this could lead to another economic(crypto) slavery. Cash on hold for months is cash stolen in front. And they are a little bit kind to return if they want to- or give you a product. 600Gh/s is not 600Gh/s when it's delivered next year. It's only 1Ghz. Now hand your hard earned money to them and see what happens. Huh

No, I assure you, 600 GH/s will always be 600 GH/s.  That's kind of the definition of it...

Unless your estimates for you miner are wrong and you can only get 400 Gh/s or less let us say... right? Especially for vaporware that basically has no Electrical Engineer currently working on it.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
motoglen

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 06:54:01 AM

Yes!
bcp19

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 12:03:19 PM

At time of writing, 77.3% of a sample size of a thousand think they should get the tag. Where is it?

It's tucked away nicely under the rather large pile of money BFL has thrown at this forum.
I doubt BFL has shipped 23% of their total orderbook (especially since 50% if it seems to have happened from Mar/Apr 2013).  This means there are still people who have not received a unit that don't think they are a scam.  If public opinion mattered, Casey Anthony would be in Jail, Michael Jackson would have been in jail and probably never died.  Since there is a burden of proof here, it really doesn't matter what the public THINKS.

So the fact that BFL is breaking FTC regulations is irrelevant?

BFL is illegally withholding customer money by not honouring order cancellation when the customer asks for it.  That alone is worth a scammer tag (if it still existed).
That is a legal question and we do not have a legal answer at this time.

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
balanghai

Activity: 364
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 12:58:49 PM

Any progress on this thing? Or any legal action? That makes the "pre-orders" on a cancelled mode. Better yet loose your hard earned coins/cash Cheesy
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1754

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 01:46:38 PM

At time of writing, 77.3% of a sample size of a thousand think they should get the tag. Where is it?

It's tucked away nicely under the rather large pile of money BFL has thrown at this forum.
I doubt BFL has shipped 23% of their total orderbook (especially since 50% if it seems to have happened from Mar/Apr 2013).  This means there are still people who have not received a unit that don't think they are a scam.  If public opinion mattered, Casey Anthony would be in Jail, Michael Jackson would have been in jail and probably never died.  Since there is a burden of proof here, it really doesn't matter what the public THINKS.

BFL is illegally withholding customer money by not honouring order cancellation when the customer asks for it.  That alone is worth a scammer tag (if it still existed).

Hogwash, this is a forum not a court of law.  Let me ask you this, was bASIC (cablepair) scam tag tested in a court of law (ie was it a legal question with a  legal answer), how bout MNW was that also a legal question tested with a legal answer.  How about all the other scammer tags that had legal questions that did not have an official legal answer...

Hell by your theory until recently when the SEC formally charged pirate he had a legal question with no legal answer so he should not have had a scammer tag...
bcp19

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 02:06:55 PM

BFL is illegally withholding customer money by not honouring order cancellation when the customer asks for it.  That alone is worth a scammer tag (if it still existed).

Hogwash, this is a forum not a court of law.  Let me ask you this, was bASIC (cablepair) scam tag tested in a court of law (ie was it a legal question with a  legal answer), how bout MNW was that also a legal question tested with a legal answer.  How about all the other scammer tags that had legal questions that did not have an official legal answer...

Hell by your theory until recently when the SEC formally charged pirate he had a legal question with no legal answer so he should not have had a scammer tag...
You are also comparing a person against a business.  You can point to monies given to bASIC and nothing received back.  Since BFL is shipping, albeit slow, the same cannot be said.  The 'scam' with bASIC is easily pointed to and proven, the FTC complaints filed have not run their course and are technically still unproven.  Up until BFL is shut down by the FTC or they close their doors and walk with the money, it's still speculation.  Just because 800 people believe something to be true doesn't make it so.  The 1000 votes you have on this subject is a small fraction of the entirety of BTC miners, yet you are willing to let that small fraction decide the outcome.  That's be like the US drawing a single county from a single state and letting them decide the next President.

bASIC ran his most if not all of his 'operation' here, thus it is fair for the voices here to decide.  BFL advertises here and elsewhere and has their own site.  Why should this little corner have the ultimate say?

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 03:41:34 PM

Since BFL is shipping, albeit slow, the same cannot be said.
Are you sure they are shipping? How many mining rigs have they shipped last week?
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1754

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 03:58:40 PM

You are also comparing a person against a business

bASIC was a company, Pirate also had a company

You can point to monies given to bASIC and nothing received back.

Really? the last thread I saw had all (or maybe 1 or two not) people refunded IN WHOLE.  If there were people not refunded by him please point them out.

Just because 800 people believe something to be true doesn't make it so.  The 1000 votes you have on this subject is a small fraction of the entirety of BTC miners, yet you are willing to let that small fraction decide the outcome.

Giving BFL a scammer tag on BTC talk does absolutely nothing to decide any type of outcome for BFL (especially if we're are as insignificant as you and BFL state), it would serve as a warning to unsuspecting newbs or eternal optimists to do some due diligence and that at least 800 people (an overwhelming majority) feel they are playing unfairly (to be nice about it).

That's be like the US drawing a single county from a single state and letting them decide the next President.

A little overdramatic perhaps, a scammer tag has no ability to affect BFL in any way other way than the people on this forum, which according to you and BFL is a small insignificant number.  BTC talk applying a scammer tag to BFL does not elevate a single person to a position of essentially ultimate authority.  It simply serves as a warning to people who come here looking for information.  You really overstep the realistic analogy approach on that one mate.

bASIC ran his most if not all of his 'operation' here, thus it is fair for the voices here to decide.  BFL advertises here and elsewhere and has their own site.  Why should this little corner have the ultimate say?

Not sure what the percentage of business done on this forum has to do with anything.  As mentioned a scammer tag on BTC talk is not the ultimate say it is only relevant to people who come to BTC talk, so if only a small percentage of business is done here then only a small percentage of prospective customers will see it.  bASIC had their own website, BFL used the fuck out of BTC talk in the early days as well (and still do advertising again in the thousands per week?).
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 07:46:57 PM

BFL advertises here and elsewhere and has their own site.  Why should this little corner have the ultimate say?

If this forum is in fact a "little corner" then it could not have "the ultimate say". All putting a scammer tag on BFL would do is warn off other Bitcointalk readers. BFL is still able to reach millions via Google AdWords. Of course, I would imagine that BFL would stop advertising here if they were labeled a scammer. So that will probably never happen.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
bronan

Activity: 774

Lazy Lurker Reads Alot

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 11:09:34 AM

Well i agree it will not happen since bfl people here are considered hero's
I do not have to say that they give a good income to the forum so NEVER gonna happen even if they steal fort knox itself
Sure as hell BFL does not scammed any of the big boys here just the normal people like me get screwed by them.
thy

Activity: 685

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 09:53:29 PM

Yes

OleOle

Are you like these guys?

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 02:46:36 PM

This whole thing is crazy.

It´s the same like I would sell Quantum computers on pre-order now.

Just 1,000,000$, order now!!!   Cheesy

You will get em, but the question is when.

Come on.
Everbody who runs a business like this, will be called a fraudster, scammer, etc, why not now?!? Huh

Exactly. They shouldn't be allowed to perpetuate their crappola on this forum. They've had well over a year to get their act together and instead they continue to misrepresent their capabilities and relieve people of pre-order monies with unrealistic delivery schedules. And they shouldn't be allowed to advertise on this forum either, the last thing people need is to spend $4680 for Monarch's that might arrive over a year late, if at all.

-------

Overhead at the water cooler in 2013:

"I'm gonna get in on this Bitcoin mining thing."
"Oh yeah? Why is that then?"
"You can make loads of money using a new miner, it has awesome power and is only four grand and change."
"Where do you buy it?"
"You pre-order it and pay for it now, then they ship it out in a couple of weeks."

Overhead at the watercooler in 2014:

"How's the mining thing going, what did you call it, bitcoins?"
"Yeah, bitcoins... well, I haven't got the miner yet but it should arrive soon."
"Alrighty, how much did you pay for it again?"
"Basically five grand, it's a bit annoying but it will be cool when I get it."
"Yeah, sounds cool... hey wait, have you paid the five grand or do you pay that when it arrives?"
"I've already paid it."
"Dang..."

Overhead at the water cooler in 2015:

"Fuckity, fuckity, fuckity, fuckity, fuckity, fauck!!"
"Hey man, what's up?"
"Those faukers haven't sent me that miner yet !#!#$!!! "
"Really?! That was like ages ago man! What the hell is happening? Didn't you pay like five thousand dollars for that?"
"Don't remind me, there's so much I could have done with that money."
"Jeez man, you got ripped big time."

Wink

Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 03:04:24 PM

They shouldn't be allowed to perpetuate their crappola on this forum. They've had well over a year to get their act together and instead they continue to misrepresent their capabilities and relieve people of pre-order monies with unrealistic delivery schedules. And they shouldn't be allowed to advertise on this forum either, the last thing people need is to spend $4680 for Monarch's that might arrive over a year late, if at all.

-------

Overhead at the water cooler in 2012:

"I'm gonna get in on this Bitcoin mining thing."
"Oh yeah? Why is that then?"
"You can make loads of money using a new miner, it has awesome power and is only twentytwo thousand and change."
"Where do you buy it?"
"You pre-order it and pay for it now, then they ship it out in a couple of weeks."

Overhead at the watercooler in 2013:

"How's the mining thing going, what did you call it, bitcoins?"
"Yeah, bitcoins... well, I haven't got the miner yet but it should arrive soon."
"Alrighty, how much did you pay for it again?"
"Basically twentythree grand, it's a bit annoying but it will be cool when I get it."
"Yeah, sounds cool... hey wait, have you paid the twentythree grand or do you pay that when it arrives?"
"I've already paid it."
"Dang..."

Overhead at the water cooler in 2014:

"Fuckity, fuckity, fuckity, fuckity, fuckity, fauck!!"
"Hey man, what's up?"
"Those faukers haven't sent me that miner yet !#!#$!!! "
"Really?! That was like ages ago man! What the hell is happening? Didn't you pay like twentytwo thousand dollars for that?"
"Don't remind me, there's so much I could have done with that money."
"Jeez man, you got ripped big time."

Wink
Wanna see something funny? Change the dates back by 1 year, change the prices to last years prices, and the above becomes a fact of what BFL is doing to Thousands of people, RIGHT NOW
Not a scammer? Allowed to advertise here? ARE YOU SERIOUS?!

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
John122

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 11:26:16 PM

If they didn't stop shipping the new-Jalapeno for a whole month, maybe this one wouldn't have been a scam. With today's difficulty, they effectively managed to even ruin this product!
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 01:06:12 PM

Bumped

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
OleOle

Are you like these guys?

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 01:10:06 PM

If they didn't stop shipping the new-Jalapeno for a whole month, maybe this one wouldn't have been a scam. With today's difficulty, they effectively managed to even ruin this product!

Yeah, they're a bunch of clowns. I'm happy I managed to get a refund from Paypal. I'll never deal with them again.

Undecided

Thenen

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 03:35:20 PM

Nah, they shouldn't get a scammer tag and instead a warning tag.... cause scammer are for taking money and giving nothing... so warning tag is good Smiley
becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 07:32:57 AM

Nah, they shouldn't get a scammer tag and instead a warning tag.... cause scammer are for taking money and giving nothing... so warning tag is good Smiley
If scammer takes from you 1000 bucks and in exchange gives you 100 he is not a scammer because he still gives you something back!? Is that what you're saying?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: