Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 09:21:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What do you think about the emergence of assassination markets facilitated by cryptocurrency ?
It's a natural effect of the market, some people need killing; don't be evil and you shall not be killed.
It's an unfortunate side effect of free currency; we have to accept it in order to be free ourselves.
It's a perversion of the Bitcoin system, and I would rather use a free currency that can't be used for that.
It's abhorrent, any technology that enables it, like Tor and Bitcoin, should be banned or regulated.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I could just kill for some Bitcoins  (Read 8132 times)
MysteryMiner
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1029

Show middle finger to system and then destroy it!

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 02:42:23 AM

If I ever find my name in the assassination market list with a good bounty, I would assassinate myself and collect the bounty (sounds like a joke but isn't one)
LOL, read whole thread without realizing it is necro thread, imagined how it can possibly work and be secured similar to Silk Road. And now someone got a perfect plan. Find yourself on the list. Make a text file describing your murder like assassin would. Post it in assassination market and fake your killing. Collect bounty.

bc1q59y5jp2rrwgxuekc8kjk6s8k2es73uawprre4j

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
veteranBtc

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 04:56:52 PM

Maybe that's why bitcoin was created, in future we will kill eachother for some coins
Like i've said before,, Somebody is winning from that, is classic!

dotcom

Activity: 354
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 06:57:55 PM

How is this different from other tangible currencies?

Either way, if you know the right people/organization you can put a bounty on someones head.
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2013, 09:56:13 PM

Either way, if you know the right people/organization you can put a bounty on someones head.

Not. Bitcoins you can hand over without physically meeting and without an intermediary that might confiscate the money.

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
MysteryMiner
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 10:51:19 PM

Bitcoins are far more easier for this purposes than cash or gold. You can anonymously donate to presidential assassination pool with few clicks without interrupting your masturbation session. It is not possible even with cash.
if you know the right people/organization you can put a bounty on someones head
Not much of us know ho to meet such people. Even then it is very dangerous. But if assasination market exists, everyone will know the .onion address. The USA senators and internet censorfags will give free worldwide advertisement for the assassination market when they will discover its existence. Take example Silk Road. How many of You know people who can get you any drug to your door? And how many know Silk Road?

MysteryMiner
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 11:35:12 PM

It seems some people are forgetting how paranoid the US government is. Even schoolkids have been jailed in the US for making drawings about stabbing a president.
Hell, it's more than likely the NSA has algorithms that detect this type of threads online automatically (even though they would find this is all just hypothetical)
This even better. Too bad NSA have no algorithms for detecting their own idiocy and idiocy of political system in USA. Hope uncompressed BMP will take up some space in the large database. Someone can upscale the resolution to gigapixel and put each pixel slightly different color, then compress using lossless PNG so it cannot be efficiently compressed? We should make more of these drawings as a sign of protest.

veteranBtc

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 01:13:48 PM

It seems some people are forgetting how paranoid the US government is. Even schoolkids have been jailed in the US for making drawings about stabbing a president.
Hell, it's more than likely the NSA has algorithms that detect this type of threads online automatically (even though they would find this is all just hypothetical)
This even better. Too bad NSA have no algorithms for detecting their own idiocy and idiocy of political system in USA. Hope uncompressed BMP will take up some space in the large database. Someone can upscale the resolution to gigapixel and put each pixel slightly different color, then compress using lossless PNG so it cannot be efficiently compressed? We should make more of these drawings as a sign of protest.

This make my day  Cheesy Cheesy Grin

xisnotx

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 05:40:19 PM

i think that if you've been wanting to hire an assassin and were only waiting for an e-currency to develop before you did so, you're not exactly the committed type...
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 01:48:02 PM

On the other hand, if you give me enough bitcoins, I can secure your safety, buy you your own island (or if that's too expensive, just a huge compound with 18 foot high walls), and have armed guards.

I did offer that service hypothetically to someone in the newbie forums.

I live in the Philippines, so if you indeed do send me enough bitcoins, I can facilitate the purchase of your own island.

If that's too expensive, I can also set you up in a house inside a gated subdivision or village.

I know enough people in the military and local police, as well as government officials, and we can make everything look legit. I also have several friends in the security industry and they will be happy to get jobs.

You send me bitcoins, I take care of paying those armed guards the local fiat money they prefer. You're anonymous, I'm anonymous, and the guards could care less as long as they're paid. You live a long and peaceful life. Just don't ever expose yourself.

But if you're one of the most wanted terrorists in the world, I'm not sure I can protect you from stealth helicopters crashing into our house in the middle of the night with highly trained soldiers who want you dead.

As reference, I can get you an armed guard for about 5 to 6 bitcoins per month, at today's exchange rate. Make that 10 bitcoins per month if you prefer he be armed with a rifle. 20 bitcoins per month and he's a martial arts master, armed and unarmed, with a track record (in the local MMA scene).

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: