Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 03:14:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you trade as well or just gamble?  (Voting closed: July 25, 2016, 03:11:52 AM)
Gamble Only - 3 (8.8%)
Trade Only - 7 (20.6%)
Both - 15 (44.1%)
Gamble More - 2 (5.9%)
Trade More - 7 (20.6%)
Total Voters: 34

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Trading vs Gambling  (Read 24497 times)
daxiake

Activity: 688
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 01:29:06 PM

Gambling is for fun but trading is a serious method of earning money so I will choose trading over gambling to make money and will also gamble sometimes for fun if I have enough money in my wallet but will never depend on gambling for earning money.
i do not think that gambling is for fun. in fact gambling is for making money and there is always more risk in gambling as compare to trading, so those people who do not have control over their emotions then they should adopt trading and not gambling.

Not only gambling but trading also involves big risk of loosing money if you invest blindly in it and there are many people who gamble only for fun with a very small amount and if you are depending on gambling for making money then its the worst thing you can do with your life.
Noore Najjar

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 01:35:33 PM

Just curious since the last discussion I had was about gambling vs trading. I know trading can seem to be a bit of a gamble as well, but I see it a little bit like poker. It's a combination of math and psychology. Maybe not the same ratio though, just generalizing  Tongue

i choose both option since i mostly go gambling if i got free time , to be honest never do trading before because im not smart enough to learn and observe btc and alts price , and since gambling is pure luck and waste of time i think , probably i wanna start trading if i got decent funds to cover my losses

bitcoinmasterlord
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 02:06:10 PM

Just curious since the last discussion I had was about gambling vs trading. I know trading can seem to be a bit of a gamble as well, but I see it a little bit like poker. It's a combination of math and psychology. Maybe not the same ratio though, just generalizing  Tongue

i choose both option since i mostly go gambling if i got free time , to be honest never do trading before because im not smart enough to learn and observe btc and alts price , and since gambling is pure luck and waste of time i think , probably i wanna start trading if i got decent funds to cover my losses
You are correct in your way. you don't have time to spend to learn Trading. and you do gamble when you get free time and you ready to afford that loss. You only look enjoyment in gambling making this kind of decision is very strange. Trading is not like Gambling this is a one type of business so it's not good to mingle botyh trading and gambling.   
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 02:30:48 PM

Trading is a serious business to take. If we really want to earn big with trading, we need to equip ourselves with all of the trading knowledge and skills as much as we can. It will always be a continuing process - in every trade we make, we either learn or earn. Unless we don't learn from previous trades, we cannot go on profitable with trading.

In gambling, it is based on pure luck except with games that requires skills like poker and the like.
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 03:11:41 PM

Gambling is for fun but trading is a serious method of earning money so I will choose trading over gambling to make money and will also gamble sometimes for fun if I have enough money in my wallet but will never depend on gambling for earning money.
i do not think that gambling is for fun. in fact gambling is for making money and there is always more risk in gambling as compare to trading, so those people who do not have control over their emotions then they should adopt trading and not gambling.
If gambling is for making money then why we have trading ? Emotion control alone will not be enough to handle the risk of trading because gamblers who are good at their emotion control also not making money with gambling.

Overall gambling will not be suitable for money making and it is just a way of spending and trading must be the opposite, it can be a source for income but there will be similar risk still it is highly recommended to go for trading as it will get you more chances for making money compared to gambling.
iram1011

Activity: 896
Merit: 521

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 03:12:39 PM

Trading is a serious business to take. If we really want to earn big with trading, we need to equip ourselves with all of the trading knowledge and skills as much as we can. It will always be a continuing process - in every trade we make, we either learn or earn. Unless we don't learn from previous trades, we cannot go on profitable with trading.

In gambling, it is based on pure luck except with games that requires skills like poker and the like.
But in Altcoin trading, luck too has a big part because Altcoins market is decentralised and without regulations. It is very hard to find a factor that really drive the price. Most of the cryptocurrencies are driven by mere speculations and some shits coins are driven by pumps and dumps. Along with skills, luck matter too while betting on a coin.
rainingbitcoins

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 03:36:50 PM

Trading is the best method to earn more bitcoins in short term comparatively gambling is too risky and there is always an fear of loosing money in it as only luck will decide your end result and that makes gambling very risky form of making money.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Paid Piper

Activity: 329
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 03:54:55 PM

Trading is the best method to earn more bitcoins in short term comparatively gambling is too risky and there is always an fear of loosing money in it as only luck will decide your end result and that makes gambling very risky form of making money.
in fact i also like trading because from trading we have good opportunities to make good money and in fact in trading the risk of losing money is less as compare to gambling where we only depend on our luck and lose money.
marseille

Activity: 938

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 04:24:37 PM

in fact i also like trading because from trading we have good opportunities to make good money and in fact in trading the risk of losing money is less as compare to gambling where we only depend on our luck and lose money.

You are just trying to repeat the post which above mate has posted and there is no difference in what he said and what you are saying so try to be more constructive in your posts and try to contribute something new.
serjent05
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1255

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 06:32:52 PM

I agree that trading is better than gambling in terms of earning bitcoin but I disagree that it is the best method.  For other people it is just the same as othe method since they do not get much bitcoin from trading instead, they find freelancing and being employed the best way to earn bitcoin. 
In trading, we have more control on the outcome while in gambling we only rely on the random chances.
wxa7115

Activity: 2730
Merit: 706

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 05:21:13 PM

I do both trading and gambling . I have experience in gambling, but I'm new to trading and I like it a lot .

You dont even need to know how to gamble or to trade. Everyone can do it as long as they want to do it. It is nothing near rocket science or any sort of it but when someone is totally blind to these kind of thing then it might be hard. I dont even know anyone that can access internet but are blind to these kind of stuff nowadays

The trading technique is very simple. Buy coins at a low price and sell it for the high price this is called trading. Yes there is no rocket since include in this trading, but you should know how the market will work and which coin is suited to trade. To learn this, you need to spend some time other than this trading is very easy to compare gambling.

Buying and selling is a very easy task but which coins need to buy and sell is the hardest part in trading. If you do mistake in choosing a right coin, then you may lose a lot of money in trading. So it is not such an easy thing to get success in trading. If you can buy and ready to hold on to it until it goes higher price then over the time can make some good money from trading.
The most important aspect when you trade is the timing, everyone can look at a graph and say I should have bought here and sold there, that is very easy, but to know when to sell and when to buy in real time when millions of dollars are moving is not a skill that everyone posses.
richkellj

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 05:59:28 PM

My personal experience with trading is not so good but some people are expert in this, so that is why I think trading is more like to gamble, recently I picked a altcoin on very high price but dramatically it went 5x other day.
You are lucky with that altcoin then because usually the coins you will buy at peak price will dump hard next day  Grin

Yes trading is far better than simply gambling and for noobs trading is more like a gambling like you have did by buying one altcoin at high price.
Definitely , almost all of the altcoins after reaching its peak dumps ,but in that case i think its starting up and i think its not yet at the peak that why it goes 5x more . Its good already don't aim for bigger without knowledge that amount will be only lose in investing without a proper knowledge that is why trading looks like gambling .
True. Current market is good for stocking up on some altcoins though. Most will appreciate substantially before or until Christmas or new year's eve.
Indeed! Many altcoins are offering nice profit to the investors. It’s a nice move to invest in altcoins when bitcoins are expected to reach the maximum value that any coin had ever touched in the past. Altcoins are probably expected to follow the footprints of the bitcoins. I personally will suggest investing in both i.e. altcoins and bitcoins.

Exactly as BTC-E person arrested in Russia. I would say that we should just trust on bitcoin instead other currencies. Because bitcoin is a pure trusted while other currencies are dont that much power to maintain their market. As we see ETH . ETH is not that much as well toward bitcoin. So I would like to say we should go for bitcoin in a case because it is helpful for us.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 06:43:13 PM

But in trading you should have good money management and skills to survive under different market conditions.So it is more risky than gambling if you dont know what you are doing.
PokerFace3

Activity: 700

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 06:48:24 PM

But in trading you should have good money management and skills to survive under different market conditions.So it is more risky than gambling if you dont know what you are doing.
There are no such requirements in gambling to survive hence there will be no possibility of protecting ourselves in gambling. But this is the first time I come across somebody calling trading is more risky than gambling. I mean to say at least we are having some possibilities to survive in trading if we are having those skills but in gambling those skills are meaningless and only luck factor will be the "skill" to survive in gambling.

Trading and gambling are riskier at their own levels but controlling risk is possible in trading and gambling it is completely out of control. That is the reason I prefer trading over gambling.
jk_14
Legendary

Activity: 1292
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 09:33:49 PM

There are no such requirements in gambling to survive hence there will be no possibility of protecting ourselves in gambling. But this is the first time I come across somebody calling trading is more risky than gambling. I mean to say at least we are having some possibilities to survive in trading if we are having those skills but in gambling those skills are meaningless and only luck factor will be the "skill" to survive in gambling.

Trading and gambling are riskier at their own levels but controlling risk is possible in trading and gambling it is completely out of control. That is the reason I prefer trading over gambling.
Stating that gambling is less risky than trading is simply nonsense. When gambling the odds are against the player, period. When trading, the odds only turn against the trader if he buys and sells randomly. In that case he's still a gambler, who simply buys coins or stocks instead of dice rolls.
wxa7115

Activity: 2730
Merit: 706

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 03:16:25 AM
Last edit: August 11, 2017, 02:17:31 AM by wxa7115

Stating that gambling is less risky than trading is simply nonsense. When gambling the odds are against the player, period. When trading, the odds only turn against the trader if he buys and sells randomly. In that case he's still a gambler, who simply buys coins or stocks instead of dice rolls.
I would say there is not a simple answer, for the one that knows how to trade, gambling is more risky since his knowledge about trading allows him to make profits with almost no risk, but for those that do not know how to trade, trading can be even more risky since you are playing against some of the most skilled traders out there.
klf
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 03:39:37 AM

Yes, in trading we need to learn basics before jumping into it or just buy some good coins and hold it until prices go up. Because if people want to make a profit on a daily basis then they need to be experts but if you want to be an investor then study the coins before purchasing and wait for prices to go up to sell. Trading is a safer way to make money than gambling.
jostorres

Activity: 2464
Merit: 585

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 12:09:13 PM

Yes, in trading we need to learn basics before jumping into it or just buy some good coins and hold it until prices go up. Because if people want to make a profit on a daily basis then they need to be experts but if you want to be an investor then study the coins before purchasing and wait for prices to go up to sell. Trading is a safer way to make money than gambling.
Observations are the foremost condition to become professional in the field of trading. Trading is a safer method as compared to gambling .it is required to save your bitcoins during the dumping phase and must wait for the right time when the prices become high enough to earn suitable amounts through trading. It is quite helpful to join trading discussion forums so as to have required knowledge about it.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 12:50:42 PM

Not only observations. In trading you can also use a lot of tools which support your decisions like technical analysis indicators etc. In gambling you trust on your luck. In trading you have much better chances to make a gain while gambling wins totally depends on your luck. Of course in betting and dice you have some options to decrease the factor of luck but playing slots games for instance does not.

Observations are the foremost condition to become professional in the field of trading. Trading is a safer method as compared to gambling .it is required to save your bitcoins during the dumping phase and must wait for the right time when the prices become high enough to earn suitable amounts through trading. It is quite helpful to join trading discussion forums so as to have required knowledge about it.
shintosai

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 05:25:52 PM

that's right mate learning the fundamentals and how the market works will be an advantage between trading and gambling since even you have
a lots of knowledge but luck wont come beside you chances still big to lose your money inside gambling while in trading time is the basis if you
have a lots of patience to wait then you are good to go.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »
  Print  

Jump to: