Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:19:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you trade as well or just gamble?  (Voting closed: July 25, 2016, 03:11:52 AM)
Gamble Only - 3 (8.8%)
Trade Only - 7 (20.6%)
Both - 15 (44.1%)
Gamble More - 2 (5.9%)
Trade More - 7 (20.6%)
Total Voters: 34

Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Trading vs Gambling  (Read 24497 times)
bhadz

Activity: 2422
Merit: 564

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2017, 08:33:35 AM

I believe that it is necessary to use both directions if they are of interest to a person, but for trading you need more time and analysis to make a profit, and in gambling you can just enjoy the game.

Both trading and gambling will depend to the person on how he can handle himself. If he's quite good in trading, he must stick with it and if he wants to gamble just for a little. As if he understands that the possible losing in gambling is too high unlike with trading you can focus with other altcoins if you are losing from your current trade.

Control is one of the key factors in both trading and gambling. Think that most made mistake and want to do both things in same time and then made huge mistake in process. Perhaps this is some mine opinion but both have good profit and high risk at the end.

Not only control is the key factors in trading, I will be specific first with trading. Knowledge, strength of your heart, patience and good practice with experience when you trade. And by focusing only on trading and let your gambling ego rest for awhile can do good for you. But as I know our hands are always wanted to take sometime to gamble so try to control.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 05:39:32 PM

I believe that it is necessary to use both directions if they are of interest to a person, but for trading you need more time and analysis to make a profit, and in gambling you can just enjoy the game.

Both trading and gambling will depend to the person on how he can handle himself. If he's quite good in trading, he must stick with it and if he wants to gamble just for a little. As if he understands that the possible losing in gambling is too high unlike with trading you can focus with other altcoins if you are losing from your current trade.

Control is one of the key factors in both trading and gambling. Think that most made mistake and want to do both things in same time and then made huge mistake in process. Perhaps this is some mine opinion but both have good profit and high risk at the end.

Not only control is the key factors in trading, I will be specific first with trading. Knowledge, strength of your heart, patience and good practice with experience when you trade. And by focusing only on trading and let your gambling ego rest for awhile can do good for you. But as I know our hands are always wanted to take sometime to gamble so try to control.

Trading skill is very crucial - it is not buying anything, close eyes, and hope that the said altcoin you are investing with can grow to its potential price. This is not really the case, we need to learn the product, assess the market, and check the law of demand nd supply
shinchan123

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 05:48:08 PM

Just curious since the last discussion I had was about gambling vs trading. I know trading can seem to be a bit of a gamble as well, but I see it a little bit like poker. It's a combination of math and psychology. Maybe not the same ratio though, just generalizing  Tongue

I'm just new here and I haven't tried trading. I've heard that you can earn a lot through trading but I can see risk when trading. I think it requires knowledge, skills, money and time. I've gambled a lot even before I learned about crypto currency.
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 06:29:26 PM

Just curious since the last discussion I had was about gambling vs trading. I know trading can seem to be a bit of a gamble as well, but I see it a little bit like poker. It's a combination of math and psychology. Maybe not the same ratio though, just generalizing  Tongue

I'm just new here and I haven't tried trading. I've heard that you can earn a lot through trading but I can see risk when trading. I think it requires knowledge, skills, money and time. I've gambled a lot even before I learned about crypto currency.

From some point they are both gamble but in trading you can minimize the risk of lost and in gambling its 50-50 win lose situation. This is most simple explanation that can be.
But if you are looking for profit then trading is better but need to research the thing you want to invest.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Pettuh4

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 08:16:03 PM

If you're lucky never try trading and enjoy your big profit as a gambler, but if you're not ! you better have to start learning and studying about trading !

That is if you are lucky but i doubt that we can always be lucky in gambling.  There will always a down in everything.  If you lose in gambling then all you can say is bye bye to your fund.but if the price of your holding in altcoin is decreasing, you can still take advantage of the opportunity and exit with a profit by taking advantage on the fluctuation of your trades.

They are both the same and risky but trading is the lesser of two evils; if you don't want to loose instantly then trading is better because it makes it possible to easily be able to control the rate at which you can loose and make profits.
Zenithar

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 10:46:17 PM

If you're lucky never try trading and enjoy your big profit as a gambler, but if you're not ! you better have to start learning and studying about trading !

That is if you are lucky but i doubt that we can always be lucky in gambling.  There will always a down in everything.  If you lose in gambling then all you can say is bye bye to your fund.but if the price of your holding in altcoin is decreasing, you can still take advantage of the opportunity and exit with a profit by taking advantage on the fluctuation of your trades.

They are both the same and risky but trading is the lesser of two evils; if you don't want to loose instantly then trading is better because it makes it possible to easily be able to control the rate at which you can loose and make profits.
i do not think that there is the same risk both in trading and gambling. to me i think in trading the risk is comparatively low as in gambling. in fact in gambling we are totally depending on our luck and there is no use of our experience and knowledge and specially in dice games where we dotally depending on our luck
szpalata

Activity: 686
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 11:18:57 PM

i do not think that there is the same risk both in trading and gambling. to me i think in trading the risk is comparatively low as in gambling. in fact in gambling we are totally depending on our luck and there is no use of our experience and knowledge and specially in dice games where we dotally depending on our luck

Not all gambling is dependent on luck, you can say dice games are pure luck but not sports betting where you have to critically think about each respective game, analysis with previous statistics before you arrive at a decision and conclusion .
bhadz

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2017, 11:51:35 PM

Trading skill is very crucial - it is not buying anything, close eyes, and hope that the said altcoin you are investing with can grow to its potential price. This is not really the case, we need to learn the product, assess the market, and check the law of demand nd supply

Don't forget that you have to monitor those alt coins that you had both and it's not just about luck or by closing your eyes. As every minute there's always a progress with it and you have to make sure with every decisions you make with it. If you think that selling will be a good thing or just keep on holding it for good.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
██████▀███▄▄████████████
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
8Habits

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 01:33:06 AM

Don't forget that you have to monitor those alt coins that you had both and it's not just about luck or by closing your eyes. As every minute there's always a progress with it and you have to make sure with every decisions you make with it. If you think that selling will be a good thing or just keep on holding it for good.

You are right and I want to practice as well to learn to surrender in some losing battles/trades.. Because what I am doing right now is that once I buy an altcoin and it goes down, I will just hold on it no matter what and focus on trading to other altcoins..
bhadz

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2017, 02:38:27 PM

You are right and I want to practice as well to learn to surrender in some losing battles/trades.. Because what I am doing right now is that once I buy an altcoin and it goes down, I will just hold on it no matter what and focus on trading to other altcoins..

You had to do it because it's going to be for your good. If you don't learn to surrender when you are seeing a defeat in gambling, don't worry it will not reduce your hormones being as a man. Sometimes you have to understand that giving up is a solution and when it comes to trading that your profit is the one to be affected, you need it.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
██████▀███▄▄████████████
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Monnt
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 03:43:26 PM

You had to do it because it's going to be for your good. If you don't learn to surrender when you are seeing a defeat in gambling, don't worry it will not reduce your hormones being as a man. Sometimes you have to understand that giving up is a solution and when it comes to trading that your profit is the one to be affected, you need it.
Actually I think it takes more guts to give up on the game at the right time. People who stick to it even when they want to quit, what are they really proving of themselves ?
It is so stupid to play with fire while you know the fact that it will burn you. Trading is all about patience and tolerance during the dip. Stay calm and let the recovery take place.
roadbits
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 05:41:01 PM

Actually I think it takes more guts to give up on the game at the right time. People who stick to it even when they want to quit, what are they really proving of themselves ?
It is so stupid to play with fire while you know the fact that it will burn you. Trading is all about patience and tolerance during the dip. Stay calm and let the recovery take place.

Yes you want to succeed in trading 1st qualification is you should be calm and patience. And don't hurry in taking any decision in trading. Then only you will become a professional trader and make a profit. Suppose if you are a greedy person, and short temper can't control your emotions when you lost your investment, Trading is not for you better you can play and enjoy in gambling.
BillCoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 259

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 05:44:35 PM

Can relate to the thing you say that you need to surrender while you see a defeat in gambling

I think that if you know that you are a person who can't accept a defeat at the first place then you should avoid gambling at any cost as it can result you to lose more money then you could afford to lose at the first place.
erwin45hacked
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 05:48:16 PM

It is not stupid to play with fire especially when people know that they have a good chance to win. Sometimes people are not going to waste their time when they have no reward to get. When there is a risk, there will be reward as well that is why people are willing to take it
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2017, 09:55:29 PM

Nowadays bitcoin price is really that expensive and people are depending on trading , there are 3 people that are good in trading , gambling and investment which is these three has the same risk at least you will know which is btter for you to give more money in the future trading is the only way for us to guaranteed our profits not unlike in gambling you need to follow your guts and depends on your luck to be win.

lixer

Activity: 2506
Merit: 586

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 06:46:58 PM

Making the right decision before its too late needs a lot of will power in the brutal world of gambling! Trading and gambling is pole apart. Trading is not as fatal as gambling is and most of the traders end up living a good life while it is exactly opposite in the case of gambling. Though, both have their own lessons to teach.

8Habits

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 06:19:14 AM

Making the right decision before its too late needs a lot of will power in the brutal world of gambling! Trading and gambling is pole apart. Trading is not as fatal as gambling is and most of the traders end up living a good life while it is exactly opposite in the case of gambling. Though, both have their own lessons to teach.

Becoming a good trader is not easy and there are many out there who are losing with their trades most of the time. However, if you just keep on trading, you will eventually learn to when to enter and out of the trades and can have a system for your self always. Though it is not guarantee that you will always have a winning trades, but the likelyhood of getting winning trades is at reach.
Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1004

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 06:34:48 AM

Actually, I prefer trading, because it is more likely to benefit from gambling. Well, besides, I can also relax in trading, because we can target the price that we predict. so all we do is wait.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
szpalata

Activity: 686
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 06:50:57 AM

Actually, I prefer trading, because it is more likely to benefit from gambling. Well, besides, I can also relax in trading, because we can target the price that we predict. so all we do is wait.

Trading is not more profitable than gambling but can be safe for the long and short term investor whereas gambling even though can change your fortune overnight can also render you bankrupt overnight and so it isn't safe like trading but it's profitable.
Bunsomjelican

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 07:36:50 AM

both can be really profitable but also can make you lose a lot, gambling will ruin you faster tho
Only one of them is profitable not both, As what you had mentioned gambling can make you lose a lot or worst it can wreck you totally.
So better be caution too when you do trade too.
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »
  Print  

Jump to: