Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:00:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy and Sell Mt Gox USD  (Read 79898 times)
Findeton

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 08:16:40 AM

Don't buy bitcoins with paypal, it's a scam.

Bitcoin Weekly, bitcoin analysis and commentary

14DD7MhRXuw3KDuyUuXvAsRcK4KXTT36XA

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sifressa

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 10:51:49 AM

Hi guys!!!
Wanna buy about $30 of bitcoins via paypal. Please PM me. Thanksss Smiley
bitcoinTrader

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 11:33:06 AM

Looking for 600 mtgox usd.

Trusted buyer...

Can pay a small premium if required.

Please PM me...

graphys

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 12:24:55 PM

Hi,
want to buy BTC for 50$ via verified PayPal account.

Please contact.

Thx
Euler

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 01:39:20 PM

I want to buy ca. 25 bitcoins via paypal. please reply. Even if you just want to sell a lower amount.
krioyn

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 01:49:21 PM

Looking to buy $300 of mtgox USD or bitcoins directly with paypal(im verified). Thanks!
PM me
nobydy123

Activity: 8

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 02:06:13 PM

looking to buy BTC's. paypal verified here. PM me
redblack

Activity: 10

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 02:42:50 PM

i need to buy $26 worth of bitcoin. i have paypal.
bonchon

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 02:59:26 PM

I'd like to purchase USD$1000 in bitcoins. Please message me privately with your preferred method of payment. Thanks!
chewybacca

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 03:10:31 PM

I have a verified PayPal account, and I want to buy Mt Gox $.

Please PM me here if you can sell me Mt Gox $.

I want to spend $25 USD.
domeroth

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 04:18:15 PM

I'd like to purchase USD$100 worth of bitcoins. Please message me to paypal you in exchange for the bicotins
Vince

Activity: 38

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 04:53:28 PM

I'd like to buy bitcoins for ~100$. Have a verified paypal-account since years, but I'm also open to other payment methods.
chewybacca

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 05:17:36 PM

*** Attention PayPal Users ***

If you wish to buy Bitcoins, you will find it is very difficult to do.

1. The documentation is poor.
2. The documentation is poor.
3. The documentation appears to misdirect users at every step.

Bitcoin, to new users, is a dark web of Bitcoin, Mt Gox, Dwolla, BitMarket.eu, et al, ad infinitum

It's impossible to purchase these 'mathematical tokens,' because none of the websites involved actually work, except the download of the client and the forums, and the mining signups/forums/downloads.

I've spent hours trying to buy a Bitcoin using USD, and I am willing to pay a huge premium, but instead this entire supply train only asks for my credentials. Nothing but private questions.

There is no product, it looks like a fifth column to every sovereign, and you can't even lie well on your twitter accounts.

Where's the rub?

I am completely confused, have lost no money, and am wondering WTF in spades.
xpletive

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 05:42:07 PM

Bitcoin, to new users, is a dark web of Bitcoin, Mt Gox, Dwolla, BitMarket.eu, et al, ad infinitum

It's impossible to purchase these 'mathematical tokens,' because none of the websites involved actually work, except the download of the client and the forums, and the mining signups/forums/downloads.

I've spent hours trying to buy a Bitcoin using USD, and I am willing to pay a huge premium, but instead this entire supply train only asks for my credentials. Nothing but private questions.

There is no product, it looks like a fifth column to every sovereign, and you can't even lie well on your twitter accounts.

Where's the rub?

agreed
Terpie

Activity: 174
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 05:43:30 PM

Where's the rub?

Nobody wants Paypal because there has been a huge influx of scammers that reverse payment after receiving Bitcoins. Therefore, the best way to buy Bitcoins, if you are in the US, is...

open a Dwolla account
Verify your Bank account in Dwolla (takes a day or two)
Transfer funds from Bank Account to Dwolla (takes a couple days)
Open MtGox account
Transfer Dwolla funds to MtGox account (takes a couple days)
Place an order on the exchange

Edit: This is pretty much how hard it is to do any FOREX anyways (in some ways it is easier), so this isn't really unique to Bitcoin. Also, this is one of the problems Bitcoin hopes to solve.
stic.man

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 05:50:46 PM

the main thing is to offer using an escrow service or you can try bitcoinmarket.com if you want to use paypal.
chewybacca

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 06:04:25 PM

I'd love to. But then another entity besides PayPal has my banking info (Dwolla). Additionally, why are there two (Dwolla + Mt Gox) middlemen?

The scam works in both directions equally, we must both admit. Whoever pays first is at risk. PayPal'ers can undo their transactions and screw over Bitcoin'ers, and vice versa.

When just signing up for the service itself quadruples the number of possible points of intrusion into my financial ecosystem, why?

And my single CPU is competing against server farms, how is this not just a psychology test to see how greed can overcome self-integrity?

I can prove to myself that Bitcoin will increase in value, but purchasing them requires me to surrender whatever good financial practices I already have in place. Gamble-me Gamble-you.

My point is that there sure are a lot of hurdles to overcome, and that anyone choosing to believe dark promises, or promote uncertain gains, must be familiar with the landscape.

Beware ye all who enter here- type stuff.

<hr />
FWIW: And you can donate bitcoin to me @: 1FKDFycJ3BLsAq31BrZJh4FbAcokRmkZSS
Terpie

Activity: 174
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 06:11:45 PM

I'd love to. But then another entity besides PayPal has my banking info (Dwolla). Additionally, why are there two (Dwolla + Mt Gox) middlemen?

The scam works in both directions equally, we must both admit. Whoever pays first is at risk. PayPal'ers can undo their transactions and screw over Bitcoin'ers, and vice versa.

When just signing up for the service itself quadruples the number of possible points of intrusion into my financial ecosystem, why?

And my single CPU is competing against server farms, how is this not just a psychology test to see how greed can overcome self-integrity?

I can prove to myself that Bitcoin will increase in value, but purchasing them requires me to surrender whatever good financial practices I already have in place. Gamble-me Gamble-you.

My point is that there sure are a lot of hurdles to overcome, and that anyone choosing to believe dark promises, or promote uncertain gains, must be familiar with the landscape.

Beware ye all who enter here- type stuff.

<hr />
FWIW: And you can donate bitcoin to me @: 1FKDFycJ3BLsAq31BrZJh4FbAcokRmkZSS

Banks aren't Bitcoin-friendly and I don't expect that to change anytime soon. MtGox and other exchangers would LOVE to hook right up to your Bank Account, accept Paypal, etc, but that's an impossibility right now. If the costs (financial & personal) associated with transferring money into Bitcoin are too great for you personally, then I guess it's just not for you. I'm just explaining the dynamics in play right now.
evlew

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 06:13:21 PM

I would like to buy bitcoins or mt gox usd in whatever the most acceptable secure method is.  I understand paypal is not acceptable.  I started a Dwolla account, got it verified, and now i have to wait for funds to clear, then i have to transfer and wait, this is taking too long.  I want to buy now now now.  Please PM me.  
gusti
Legendary

Activity: 1099
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 06:19:12 PM

I would like to buy bitcoins or mt gox usd in whatever the most acceptable secure method is.  I understand paypal is not acceptable.  I started a Dwolla account, got it verified, and now i have to wait for funds to clear, then i have to transfer and wait, this is taking too long.  I want to buy now now now.  Please PM me.  

I'm accepting western union, just as secure and fast as bitcoins.
pls pm me if interested.

If you don't own the private keys, you don't own the coins.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: