Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:47:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy and Sell Mt Gox USD  (Read 79908 times)
evlew

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 06:25:33 PM

I would like to buy bitcoins or mt gox usd in whatever the most acceptable secure method is.  I understand paypal is not acceptable.  I started a Dwolla account, got it verified, and now i have to wait for funds to clear, then i have to transfer and wait, this is taking too long.  I want to buy now now now.  Please PM me.  

I'm accepting western union, just as secure and fast as bitcoins.
pls pm me if interested.

Do i have to wait for anything to clear?  how's it work, never used WU, before.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gibran

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 06:38:19 PM

Hi there,

I just found out about BitCoins today and have spent the entire day reading and researching about it.

I want to buy $100 worth of BitCoins through Paypal or through Credit Card payment. I know this is only about 6 or 7 coins but I just want to do it now, today. I just want to get started.

Thanks!
Gibran
gusti
Legendary

Activity: 1099
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 06:40:23 PM

I would like to buy bitcoins or mt gox usd in whatever the most acceptable secure method is.  I understand paypal is not acceptable.  I started a Dwolla account, got it verified, and now i have to wait for funds to clear, then i have to transfer and wait, this is taking too long.  I want to buy now now now.  Please PM me.  

I'm accepting western union, just as secure and fast as bitcoins.
pls pm me if interested.

Do i have to wait for anything to clear?  how's it work, never used WU, before.

1. You go with the cash to your WU agent nearby.
2. You send me transfer to my name and country, it will arrive instantly.
3. You send me tracking number (MTCN) by email.
4. I check by phone with my WU agent (1 hour or less)
5. I send MtGox USD from my account to your account (instantly)

If you don't own the private keys, you don't own the coins.
evlew

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 07:11:03 PM

1. You go with the cash to your WU agent nearby.
2. You send me transfer to my name and country, it will arrive instantly.
3. You send me tracking number (MTCN) by email.
4. I check by phone with my WU agent (1 hour or less)
5. I send MtGox USD from my account to your account (instantly)

pm sent
evlew

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 10:18:11 PM

looking to buy $70 mt gox please pm me.  was talking with gusti, but he's non responsive now, and i would like to buy today.

will use western union
zelva

Activity: 18

View Profile
June 04, 2011, 12:55:35 AM

Is it possible to get a transaction to mt.gox from Full tilt poker?
I would like to buy 200 mtUSD for 210 ftpUSD.
goldanne

View Profile
June 04, 2011, 06:32:30 AM

Would like to exchange $150 USD for BTC today, as soon as possible.  Problem is I loaded up a credit card with cash for a purchase prior to knowing that traditionally a bank account must be attached to Dwolla, etc. for a standard exchange.  Would appreciate some help to figure out what to do or send a payment for exchange.

Please PM with details or interest in assisting in this stat.  Will be back on in ~6-8 hrs to check in and make the trade.

-GA
gover79

View Profile
June 04, 2011, 11:10:37 AM

Would like to buy bitcoins for ca $666 from Paypal as soon as possible. Please message me.
Geofflee

Activity: 9

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2011, 01:01:36 PM
Last edit: June 04, 2011, 01:27:19 PM by Geofflee

I have USD$100 and would like to buy Bitcoins. Can transfer via Wells Fargo customer-to-customer, cash anywhere in San Francisco Bay Area, or Paypal. PM me.
Manyx

View Profile
June 04, 2011, 01:04:30 PM

I can pay 250$ for some bitcoins , I have paypal account and  credit card but from what i read paypal isn't trusted or they don't allow payments for bitcoins. If you find an alternative way I will be happy to pay.
Please contact me if you have some bitcoins to offer.
gnomehat

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 04, 2011, 02:53:55 PM

From what I have read here, I'm definitely not the only person new to this whole bitcoin thing who doesn't understand why there are so many damn sites to deal with, firstly, and why none of them seem to work unless you happen to live in America.  Seriously, isn't the whole point of a digital currency for it to be independent of the country you live in?  It's kind of insane that I can find 5 or 6 reputable exchanges in the US that will take money from other bank transferring companies in the US (ie, dwolla.com -> mt.Gox -> bitcoin [ps - what the hell?  why so much damn work?]).  I can totally understand the point made above about how all of these steps involved in the transaction serve to exponentially decrease anonymity of one's personal details.

However, I really couldn't care less if some transfer company has my bank account information as long as it's been around for a long time and is trusted.  Honestly, you guys who live in the US and are complaining about how dwolla takes a day to register your account?  Stop whining, dammit.  As far as I can tell, the only method for me to get bitcoins short of mailing a money order to Mt. Gox is to use a networking site like bitcoin.local to meet someone in my city.  Sounded like an easy enough idea.  Unfortunately, when I looked at the map for my city of 3 million (Toronto), there were about 5 merchants in the city, two of whom had forgotten to include any contact information.

So... after spending several hours trying to figure out how to buy the damn things I'm having a lot of trouble understanding how they ever increase in value. and how anyone in Canada could get bitcoins without waiting 10 days.  The exchange rate on this thing is so ridiculous it could be 4x as much by the time my snail mail envelope arrives there.  That's totally unacceptable and unfair to Canadians.  Of course, I want to make it clear that I'm not actually complaining about any specific site here - just the entire concept of bitcoins.  I read about this "mining" thing too, which also is apparently worthless to the poor average citizen like me.  This whole virtual currency just looked so cool until I realized it seems to be some exclusive club for a bunch of dudes with server farms and US bank accounts.

Does ANYONE know a site that will take CDN bank transfer, such as interac email money transfer?  I would like to avoid WU and MG, as they cost over $20 and $10, respectively.  I find it extremely odd that Mt Gox has an Australian bank partner, an EU one, and no Canadian one.  Would anyone from Canada personally like to sell me around $100 of bitcoin with email money xfer?  I don't really have a problem using PayPal either, if anyone outside Canada will sell to me, but I would rather avoid it if possible because of its general lameness. 

Someone please help!  I want to be a fun economics hipster!
realnowhereman

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 04, 2011, 03:28:23 PM

Seriously, isn't the whole point of a digital currency for it to be independent of the country you live in?  It's kind of insane that I can find 5 or 6 reputable exchanges in the US that will take money from other bank transferring companies in the US (ie, dwolla.com -> mt.Gox -> bitcoin [ps - what the hell?  why so much damn work?])

Seems strange to moan that Bitcoin doesn't work when it is not Bitcoin that won't move.  Honestly, once you have some Bitcoins you will be able to compare how easily you can move them around compared to how hard it is to move your fiat currency around sufficiently to actually get the Bitcoins in the first place.  Why not ask yourself exactly what properties of Bitcoin make them so appealing, and why they are gaining value so quickly?

Seriously, the biggest advertisement for Bitcoins is how hard it is to get Bitcoins.

I am sitting here wanting to transfer from my UK bank account to Mt.Gox.  What happens when I press "international transfer" on the 24/7 online banking website?  "This service is available from 08:00 to 15:00 on working days".  Should I wish to move Bitcoins from Britcoin to Mt.Gox I will get no such insanity.

1AAZ4xBHbiCr96nsZJ8jtPkSzsg1CqhwDa
SteveB

Activity: 170
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2011, 03:50:28 PM
Last edit: June 05, 2011, 04:53:29 AM by SteveB

Does ANYONE know a site that will take CDN bank transfer, such as interac email money transfer?  I would like to avoid WU and MG, as they cost over $20 and $10, respectively.  I find it extremely odd that Mt Gox has an Australian bank partner, an EU one, and no Canadian one.  Would anyone from Canada personally like to sell me around $100 of bitcoin with email money xfer?  I don't really have a problem using PayPal either, if anyone outside Canada will sell to me, but I would rather avoid it if possible because of its general lameness.  

Someone please help!  I want to be a fun economics hipster!

I can sell you some MtGox USD using interac email transfer. I sent you a pm.

Edit: The MtGox USD are sold and I'm not planing on selling any more at this time.
evlew

View Profile
June 04, 2011, 04:38:36 PM

I will also buy bitcoins or mt gox usd with wellsfargo customer to customer transfer.
PM ME.
Swagster

View Profile
June 04, 2011, 05:48:34 PM

I'd like to buy 800 Mt. Gox USD via PayPal. Please offer me a good price in this thread. I'd be ready to pay around 850 PP USD.
mrhood

Activity: 190
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2011, 07:38:08 PM

looking to BUY BTC ASAP. please pm me

kuro112

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 04, 2011, 10:44:52 PM

I would like to buy a small ammount of mtgox or bitcoins with paypal,
willing to buy more in the future once its tested as a viable currency.

please pm me or email me.

kuro[at]xtcr[dot]net
Superform

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 04, 2011, 10:54:02 PM

I want to buy around 200 bitcoins for 2000 euros - if you are in the I am an Aussie living in the Netherlands.. if you can help me out i would be grateful
capu

View Profile
June 04, 2011, 11:18:42 PM

Hey, I'm also looking to get some MtGox USD through paypal. email: nomeansbruno[at]hotmail.com
sqwerty

View Profile
June 05, 2011, 12:01:35 AM

Looking to buy 100 Mt Gox $ (via paypal). PM me.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: