Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:49:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I want to invest in antminer s7  (Read 1567 times)
bicachu13 (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 05:00:36 PM

I'am poor men. But i have about 2000$. That is money I earned form when I was employee of KFC.
So i want to invest for job don't waste of time, because i also have to work other jobs to cover life
My price eletric about 0.12$/KWh
I want advice from people
Thanks you for advice !  Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 06:59:32 PM

At your electric cost, don't even bother looking at the S7. It is very marginal on IF it is profitable right now at that electric cost, and WILL be unprofitable long before it can repay it's purchase cost.

S9 is profitable, even at that electric rate - but it's VERY iffy if you'll make back the purchace price on one at THAT high of electric cost.

You might be better off looking into the A4 Terminator, as Litecoin pricing has been a lot more stable and profitable consistantly than Bitcoin has been the last year and change and even the introduction of the A4 shouldn't drive Litecoin difficulty up a ton in a hurry.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
unholycactus
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1023

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2016, 08:23:27 PM

Unfortunately with this electricity cost, it will be quite hard to get a return on your investment.
You'd have to hope for a big rise in Bitcoin price or stable difficulty, both are unlikely short term in my opinion.
Raimonn
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 09:54:49 PM

In my opinion 0.12$ is an high electricity price to recover your investing on s7. The S9 are more efficient but any increase on difficulty could kill your investment.
bicachu13 (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 03:08:29 AM

At your electric cost, don't even bother looking at the S7. It is very marginal on IF it is profitable right now at that electric cost, and WILL be unprofitable long before it can repay it's purchase cost.

S9 is profitable, even at that electric rate - but it's VERY iffy if you'll make back the purchace price on one at THAT high of electric cost.

You might be better off looking into the A4 Terminator, as Litecoin pricing has been a lot more stable and profitable consistantly than Bitcoin has been the last year and change and even the introduction of the A4 shouldn't drive Litecoin difficulty up a ton in a hurry.

Thanks for your advice <3 !!!
bicachu13 (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 03:19:34 AM

Thank you all for your comments!!!  Cheesy
And, i am noob. So Can you help me answer this question?
Can be used the antminer S7 for mining litecoin? i don't have much money for buy S9, and i thing don't easy to buy S9 in at this time. So i think antmỉner S7 is good for me. Can I use it for earn litecoin to earn less money?
tbonetony

Activity: 441
Merit: 250

No zuo no die why you try, u zuo u die dont be shy

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 03:51:02 AM

Thank you all for your comments!!!  Cheesy
Can be used the antminer S7 for mining litecoin? i don't have much money for buy S9, and i thing don't easy to buy S9 in at this time. So i think antmỉner S7 is good for me. Can I use it for earn litecoin to earn less money?

If you are really poor as you said at the beginning, my advice to you is to look somewhere else for investment and forget about bitcoin mining. I mine bitcoin with my own "play money" that I can afford to lose. If you only have 2k hard earned money from KFC, you may consider investing into yourself - learn a few more trade skills and make more money with less time.

Most people who treat mining as investment will go at a much larger scale than $2k. At this level I personally consider it as a hobby rather than an investment.

Now to answer your question: Antminer S7 can ONLY mine bitcoins or SHA256 based alt coins. Litecoins are scrypt based so it doesn't work for S7.

Customizable full-featured crypto trading platform in development. Asking for demo if interested.

I offer private S9 rental for various length: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1708351.0
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 04:51:22 PM

Thank you all for your comments!!!  Cheesy
No, Bitcoin is a SHA256-based coin, and Litecoin is based off of Scrypt, two different algorithms. Scrypt ASICs are about to be destroyed as well; there's almost no miners that will profit for you at your electrical rate that can mine scrypt- the closest is the Innosilicon A4 Dominator, and that costs nearly the same amount. All other Scrypt miner manufacturers have since stopped development or have gone bankrupt, like Zeusminer, which made some pretty reliable Scrypt miners. I don't recommend mining at all with your electrical rate and budget; there's just no profit to be found whatsoever. Unless you'd like to move to china and get 0.01$/kwh electricity, no, you won't make much of anything without the S9, and even that has doubtful ROI with your electrical costs.

Shiroslullaby

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 04:40:02 PM

Yes I think with this money you would be better off saving or investing in some coins if you think Bitcoin will go up in price.
But the time to get rich with Bitcoin is over unless you bought coins years ago Im afraid. Sad

Maybe save your money and do some research and you can make some profit trading some of the alt-coins.
Or buy some stocks in a company you trust for a long term investment.

talks_cheep
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 03:11:46 AM

Invest in S7? That's an oxymoron, like jumbo shrimp. You don't invest in crappy inefficient, outdated, obsolete mining gear like S7, it's like saying you're going to invest in horse carriages. Do some research, pay professionals to guide you, or something. Just because you think you're going to be rich mining bitcoins, doesn't mean it's real. Stop living in a fantasy world. Go invest in penny stocks, you'll have better chances.

xxcsu

Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2016, 04:12:08 PM

DONT PUT ANY MONEY INTO S7's , if you have a free electricity , that is a different story Smiley

as of 03-aug-2016 , If you invest 2000$ and buying 1 S9 , and you paying 12cents/kwh electrycity , the ROI(Return of Investment)time will be way over a year with the current difficulty (201,893,210,853) and 558$ BTC/USD price . All this estimates can vary greatly depending on the current BTC/USD exchange rates , difficulty increase ...
If you are living in the small apartment you have to deal with the noise and heat generated by the S9 miner .

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
xxcsu

Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2016, 04:20:17 PM

Also ... Confirm your electricity costs don't increase as you use more energy.

If you are located in one of the "southern" state , maybe you have to pay different price during the winter , summer ...

just google'd this kind of electricity rate , find this one from GA :

SUMMER - For the Billing Months of June through September
Basic Service Charge..……………………………………………………..………….....……………..$10.00
First 650 kWh……………………………………………………………………………5.6582¢ per kWh
Next 350 kWh……………………………………………………………………………9.3983¢ per kWh
Over 1000 kWh………………………………………………………………………….9.7273¢ per kWh
plus Environmental Compliance Cost
Recovery, plus Nuclear Construction Cost Recovery, plus Demand Side Management Residential
Schedule, plus Municipal Franchise Fee

WINTER - For the Billing Months of October through May
Basic Service Charge...$10.00
First 650 kWh……………………………………………………………………………5.6582¢ per kWh
Next 350 kWh……………………………………………………………………………4.8533¢ per kWh
Over 1000 kWh………………………………………………………………………….4.7641¢ per kWh
plus Environmental Compliance Cost
Recovery, plus Nuclear Construction Cost Recovery, plus Demand Side Management Residential
Schedule, plus Municipal Franchise Fee

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
CoinBreader

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 06:46:13 AM

Dont invest in S7 as the others said!
We are on the same boat ! i am a poor guy with expensive electricity costs
what i do is trading altcoins for btc & some signature campaings and thats all i can do with out extra worries , or costs to count
so keep your money buy 1 or 2 bitcoin (keep the rest) learn some trading and remember start with small amounts!! It will take some of your free time but you will be making money out from thin air right ?? Profit from day 1
dragonmining

Activity: 19

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 12:08:09 PM

Hey there
If after considering all the pros and potential risks of investing in mining you would still like to purchase the s7 or s9, our website still has a couple available at competitive pricing with free shipping. We also have lower cost investment options for mining. Feel free to check us out or get in touch with our team for more information.

Dragon Mining
http://www.dragonmining.net/
https://www.facebook.com/dragonminingworldwide

Good luck!
PremiumCodeX

Activity: 1204
Merit: 531

Metaverse 👾 Cyberweapons

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 04:26:56 PM

That is a relatively high electricity cost to what I read from others in the section. Since this fact will always hit back to you when you calculate your profit independent from what coin or device you are using, maybe you should consider using that money to move to a better area. I think, a poor man has less things to carry when moving to a new place and you can find similar jobs like KFC almost anywhere. I did not read in your thread where you live exactly, but in my area 2000$ is more than enough for moving.

[TUTORIAL] How to steal $350 000?
Best OS for recovering stolen BTCs.
Visit our FREE Bitcointalk thread.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: