Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 01:15:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][RMC]Ride My Car / Ride Share / Carpooling  (Read 32021 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
CoinBateman

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 08:42:21 AM

Its been a while since I last felt like buying some just for the fun of it.

Some suggestions though - The name is actually ok for me, straight to the point and in a world with 'Pimp my ride' etc I don't think its out of the ordinary.

Start small, the biggest problems with projects with a good premise is promising the world and delivering the village.
You have a really good basic plan. And, even as a proof of concept, its still very much a project worth tackling.  Just dont claim to take down Uber on the get go, because that's just not going to happen.

Perhaps also share some of your personal background ?
How exactly are you going to fund developing ?

@CoinBateman | Killer Crypto Instinct
btcdevil
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1027

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 10:47:45 AM

If you want Indian (Hindi) translation for Indian altcoin section , then you can reserve me for the translation bounty for Indian altcoin section.

Pls guys stop spamming on every topic about ur translations, just send the dev an PM pls. i see 3 people on every topic: plsssss can i make translation, i want bounty for google translate, pleasseeeeee.
Just stop, and send an PM to the topicstarter.
Ure in a team dev or just a guy talking shit in thread?
Just dont read when someone ask about translation.

What you said is true, why is it bothering to you about this message as this is our profession which we are doing, and for that we have to ask the permission from the Coin developer before proceeding. I dont think that anyone other then yourself are getting irritated by this. Just for the sake of generating post for your signature campaign dont try to post the same reply.
EpyxZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 06:15:01 PM

If you want Indian (Hindi) translation for Indian altcoin section , then you can reserve me for the translation bounty for Indian altcoin section.

Pls guys stop spamming on every topic about ur translations, just send the dev an PM pls. i see 3 people on every topic: plsssss can i make translation, i want bounty for google translate, pleasseeeeee.

What you said is true, why is it bothering to you about this message as this is our profession which we are doing, and for that we have to ask the permission from the Coin developer before proceeding. I dont think that anyone other then yourself are getting irritated by this. Just for the sake of generating post for your signature campaign dont try to post the same reply.

I wish I knew a few other languages since it seems to be a decent way to get some coin. But unfortunately im only fluent in english and bullshit :p

OP any more info? As i wrote somewhere earlier in this thread I like the project just looking for info. for me hype & legit info push me to invest. Just curious what your going to do to make this competitive with other services etc. I understand that this is still in the project/creation stage just keep the info posting when something new happens etc.

Anyways not even sure what I typed. the wife picks the worst times to bug me.
loncryp

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 11:29:25 PM

Makes a lot of sense when you can use a friction less currency to pay for rides rather than having to check up exchange rates just to compare services in foreign countries when on holiday. Would be a pretty big statement if this is the world's first crpto powered transport service.
Zawamiya (OP)

Activity: 526

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 09:04:02 AM

I wish I knew a few other languages since it seems to be a decent way to get some coin. But unfortunately im only fluent in english and bullshit :p

OP any more info? As i wrote somewhere earlier in this thread I like the project just looking for info. for me hype & legit info push me to invest. Just curious what your going to do to make this competitive with other services etc. I understand that this is still in the project/creation stage just keep the info posting when something new happens etc.

Anyways not even sure what I typed. the wife picks the worst times to bug me.

For our proof of journey, each ride will have meta data that will be encoded to our chain.  Making it difficult for drivers or passengers to refute the journey they participated in ever happened. On top of this, this data is stored on chain so hacking the platform will not give yield them access to changing location data.

Obviously the industry is absolutely huge right now, what with Didi and Uber making a $35 Billion merge. To be competitive, it doesn't necessarily mean we give a better service to the users, or even a better price. Whilst these are sub goals we of course aim to tackle, the main competitive advantage we have is that we are tackling the shared ride in what we consider to be a way that may be precendent to how it might be done in the future. By taking the core data which forms the notion of a journey, and encoding this to the chain, we are building a database of all journeys which have taken place on the platform, and further more, these will live as long as the token lives. One of the reasons that we announced a bit of our intention first, is that it is still very much works in progress and can change. So I don't want to set anything hard in stone before the direction we take is hard in stone. Since our ultimate goal is to work with all aspects of journeys in the future, not just rideshare, some early design decisions such as which token code base to start with is still very much in debate.

Of course, I will continue to update as things become clearer.

Zawamiya (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 09:25:31 AM

Its been a while since I last felt like buying some just for the fun of it.

Some suggestions though - The name is actually ok for me, straight to the point and in a world with 'Pimp my ride' etc I don't think its out of the ordinary.

Start small, the biggest problems with projects with a good premise is promising the world and delivering the village.
You have a really good basic plan. And, even as a proof of concept, its still very much a project worth tackling.  Just dont claim to take down Uber on the get go, because that's just not going to happen.

Perhaps also share some of your personal background ?
How exactly are you going to fund developing ?

Thanks for your early vote of confidence, the journey (no pun intended) is still long and winding so it is truly early days yet.

As mentioned in an earlier post, taking on Uber and similar existing services will of course be difficult since they have had funding rounds and large teams to work on their product for a very long time. However, one aspect that we have chosen to approach that differs from them is the concept of working with journey meta data on the chain.

As we approach the full announcement, I will of course share my personal background.
Funding is something that i've spent some time thinking about as I feel that traditional crypto methods of raising funds have not really served any real meaning in terms of actually pushing the project further. It's almost always been about giving the devs and early an investors a pay day. This isn't something that I believe will push the project further or give the project some long-term stake-holders.

fuddudle

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 09:32:23 AM

Ride my car sounds ghetto. Almost sounds like some sort of entourage haha

xel0795038taoji@163.com

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 10:39:22 AM

expect more detail Wink
cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 11:02:41 AM

this is pure bullshit.
DrPaid

Activity: 157

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 01:59:24 AM

This looks like an interesting approach to a beneficial idea. I might hold off till i see some sort of product though. I wonder what countries and crypto currencies this could support?
hunnaryb

Activity: 506

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 09:30:22 PM

Would like some info if you have any more..

I would support this just out of principle of it having crypto roots. Will wait and see.

▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

davide72
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 09:40:20 PM

anymore info it would be great ! thanks dev
Melds

Activity: 205

Investor / Trader / Analyst

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 09:44:40 PM

I have no idea how this is going to compete with the likes Didi and Uber or Blabla but doesn't hurt putting a crypto spin to it.

Crypto has seen stranger things.

Now, back to trying to get my money off Bitfinex so I can maybe buy some of these rides

Zawamiya (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 08:03:52 AM

We've actually made some progress.

1. We've designed the activity flow for booking process.
2. Developed the coin to allow ride meta data to be stored on the blockchain
3. The site itself has largely been been built but we're still refining the design.
4. We're still looking at ways to build in the rating system

To actually get this system used in the real world, we're also looking at various options to market the site once live.
We're thinking banner ads at various crypto related websites such as bitcoin.com / cointelegraph.com / newsbtc.com as well as video advertising at youtube with a custom video made to show what we're about and how to get started.

We do have a landing page nearly ready that will be useful for people not following the thread and shortly we should be in the position to launch the coin.

Sorry for the lack of information recently but things will pick up real soon!
EpyxZ

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 05:02:53 PM

We do have a landing page nearly ready that will be useful for people not following the thread and shortly we should be in the position to launch the coin.

Can't wait for the landing page and for the launch. TY for the update
cryptodv

Activity: 1092
Merit: 507

btcstakes.com

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2016, 05:09:34 PM

watching....interested!!  Grin

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY     
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.       
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.   
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency       
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.   
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
JasonXG

Activity: 770

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 05:53:49 AM

It would be nice of the coin worked like Pokemon go does where is you must travel a distance to achieve earning coins. This would be cool. You wouldn't be able to cheat it would be impossible. You have a speed limit set to like 200km or even the max legal limit so trains will fail and airplanes too. Think about it. I think its a damn cool idea. Unless this is the plant in the first place ?
markus124

Activity: 574

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 06:06:15 PM

can the dev make a twitter account and keeps us update?
EpyxZ

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 03:21:24 PM

Dev can we get an update on the project?
Haven7

Activity: 63

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 09:37:35 PM

This project still going ahead? I think ride service with bitcoin is very nice! Can travel around and use my btc  Grin
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: