Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:50:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][RMC]Ride My Car / Ride Share / Carpooling  (Read 32019 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
VroomZ

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 03:12:01 AM

Will I be use this in different territories?

Perhaps it would be better to focus on getting adoption in a city, and then that respective country to get a larger user base before expanding abroad.
This way, the marketing can be focused on getting a decent number of users.

I agree I think they should focus on dominating one large city and let it expand from there.
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptocentric

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 03:15:55 AM

Perhaps it would be better to focus on getting adoption in a city, and then that respective country to get a larger user base before expanding abroad.

I agree I think they should focus on dominating one large city and let it expand from there.

It might be a good idea to start off in a popular college town. Work with the college community and let it expand to other universities and so on. Worked for facebook
hunnaryb

Activity: 506
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 03:25:01 AM

It might be a good idea to start off in a popular college town. Work with the college community and let it expand to other universities and so on. Worked for facebook

For larger cities maybe.. some college towns may not have that need..

▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

BCMan

Activity: 535
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 03:27:15 AM

I think starting with cities is a sound idea.

Larger cities will be a good start. Preferably ones that don't have BitLicense..
fxmulder

Activity: 325
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 03:29:35 AM

Larger cities will be a good start. Preferably ones that don't have BitLicense..

I'm assuming with reference to BitLicense you mean New York?

What about cities with the small taxi's, like the ones you see in Thailand, almost like buggies..

One thing that should be addressed is these poorer countries having access to crypto.

It might be a way to stimulate a local economy.

YOU CAN ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY or INVEST

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀

Rainbot
Happy Hour
Faucet
cryptocentric

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 03:30:37 AM

For larger cities maybe.. some college towns may not have that need..

college kids like to travel on weekends to go party at other schools just dont always have the transpo or funds and they like to travel home on holidays and usually carpool when possible so they familar with ride sharing. Although i agree major city would be best. Just a small college town would be more simple to market too and test. just a thought
Zubilica

Activity: 837
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 03:32:55 AM

It might work for college kids going home for school breaks, but I guess there needs to be enough drivers making that journey back home. Those drivers also must have large enough cars cause obviously the students will take a lot of luggage with them.
titomane

Activity: 389

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 03:36:46 AM

It might work for college kids going home for school breaks, but I guess there needs to be enough drivers making that journey back home. Those drivers also must have large enough cars cause obviously the students will take a lot of luggage with them.

Actually I think this use case would be perfect in colleges. It's a lot harder to book ubers for these long drives..

I think you're onto something here, perhaps marketing to universities would actually be the best place to start..

CoinBateman

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 03:44:30 AM

Actually I think this use case would be perfect in colleges. It's a lot harder to book ubers for these long drives..

I think you're onto something here, perhaps marketing to universities would actually be the best place to start..

Set up a booth at a couple universities, perhaps hire a student ambassador to do some on site promotion / advertising, then that's your in.

This is probably more likely to get the foot in the door than just outright marketing to a whole city. It's going to be really difficult to take any market share from the likes of Uber, their burn rate would kill any funds you raise.

The other way I could see it work is if the grand plan is to get acquired by one of these large monopolies and build into their existing system. This is probably the best outcome overall.

@CoinBateman | Killer Crypto Instinct
jaylin

Activity: 41

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 03:48:08 AM

Set up a booth at a couple universities, perhaps hire a student ambassador to do some on site promotion / advertising, then that's your in.

This is probably more likely to get the foot in the door than just outright marketing to a whole city. It's going to be really difficult to take any market share from the likes of Uber, their burn rate would kill any funds you raise.

The other way I could see it work is if the grand plan is to get acquired by one of these large monopolies and build into their existing system. This is probably the best outcome overall.

Didi Chuxing actually invested into bike sharing recently, opening up the platform to rentals might be another angle at this. But we'll have to see what you guys muster up first.
There is definitely big potential that's for sure.
cryptospreader

Activity: 504

askNFTY Team Account

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2016, 03:48:17 AM

I have similar feel, when I read people compare your project with uber drive. If you have solid plan I think you have good place to stay here and lead a successful project. Good luck.
Melds

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

Investor / Trader / Analyst

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 03:52:24 AM

I have similar feel, when I read people compare your project with uber drive. If you have solid plan I think you have good place to stay here and lead a successful project. Good luck.

Comparisons are good things, but obviously Uber has a serious monopoly on the market and they have yet to display ability to turn profit. There must be ways to penetrate a market without such a cash burn? I guess this experiment is worth that much atleast.

VroomZ

Activity: 11

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 04:00:00 AM

I'm assuming with reference to BitLicense you mean New York?

What about cities with the small taxi's, like the ones you see in Thailand, almost like buggies..

One thing that should be addressed is these poorer countries having access to crypto.

It might be a way to stimulate a local economy.

Ride My Jeepney
DannyDisco

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 04:03:11 AM

There's actually a really hot market right now for straight up drivers.

For people who drive their car out and then drink alcohol, you can find people who are able to drive you in your car, back to your place. I would actually use this.. maybe you can look into this?

hyunsookmom

Activity: 420

Kamehameha!!!

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 04:06:12 AM

For people who drive their car out and then drink alcohol, you can find people who are able to drive you in your car, back to your place. I would actually use this.. maybe you can look into this?

This is very popular in Korea, and I guess other parts of asia. I don't know how that would work else where. For instance, in England, you cannot drive someone else's car if you're not insured.

I'm not sure on what the licensing laws are in the US though. Otherwise a very good idea.

Brosoni

Activity: 5

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 04:07:23 AM

your right the drivers could do very well on a friday and saturday night!
yuriygeorge

Activity: 262

I hate my family

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 04:12:43 AM

I second this, I would use this too. The number of times I want to drink but can't because I gotta drive my car home.

▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄██▀▀▀               ▀▀▄▄
      ▄▄█▀                         ▀▀▄
    ▄█▀                        ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█
  ▄██                     ▄▄█▀▀     ▄▀
 ██▀                 ▄▄██████▄    ▄▀
███               ▄▄██████████▄  ▀
██             ▄▄█████████████▀
██          ▄▄█████████████▀
██        ▄ ▀██████████████
██▄    ▄██▀▀  ▀▀████████▀
 ██   ██▀        ▀▀████▀
  ██ █▀
   ▀█
  █▄ ▀▄
 ▄▀    ▀▄

SatoshiGames.io
██████

█████

████

████

█████

██████
               ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
           ▄▄▄▄█  ▄█     ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   █  ▀ █            ▀▀▀▀▄
█  █▄        ▄▀                    ▄▀
▀▄ █ ▀       █         ▄           █
 █          █        ▄██▄         ▄▀
 █         ▄▀     ▄██████▄       ▄▀
 ▀▄        █    ▄█████████▄      █
  █       █      ██████████▄    ▄▀
  █      ▄▀        ▀████████   ▄▀
  ▀▄     █        ▄████▀▀▀▀    █
   █    █          ▀▀▀█       ▄▀
   █   ▄▀                    ▄▀
   ▀▄  █                     █
    █  ▀▄▄              █ ▄ ▄▀
    █     ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄       █▀ ▄▀
    ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄█

▄▄▄▄██████▄▄█▄▄██████▄▄▄▄
███████████████████████████████
▄▀▄           █           ▄▀▄
█   █         ▄█▄         █   █
█     █        ███        █     █
█       █       ███       █       █
█         █     █████     █         █
█           █    █████    █           █
█             █   █████   █             █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█   █████   █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
▀███████████▀    █████    ▀███████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ███       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄███▄
▄▄▄█████████████▄▄▄
BTC
██████

█████

████

████

█████

██████
mruiter

Activity: 281

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 04:22:59 AM

I second this, I would use this too. The number of times I want to drink but can't because I gotta drive my car home.

Obviously this won't work in countries where only the driver is licensed to drive the car.

I propose a different idea :

Someone else said renting out Bikes, what about straight up cars?
I've noticed some cars parked outside my house that are for rent, and can be unlocked through an app. I'm sure there are a tonne of people who have their car sitting doing nothing for much of the time.. that would be a great way to make some money.

❘|❘ ICONOMI  Fund Management Platform
  LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
Melds

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

Investor / Trader / Analyst

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 04:31:09 AM

Obviously this won't work in countries where only the driver is licensed to drive the car.

I've noticed some cars parked outside my house that are for rent, and can be unlocked through an app. I'm sure there are a tonne of people who have their car sitting doing nothing for much of the time.. that would be a great way to make some money.

Sound, not sure OP is headed this way, but since this is a pre-ann and not much else has been mentioned yet, I think this is worth thinking about.
My car is parked pretty much all week, only use it during weekends, I'd definitely be up for renting it out as long as there was a way to make sure it doesn't get wrecked or something.

Zubilica

Activity: 837
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 04:44:16 AM

Sound, not sure OP is headed this way, but since this is a pre-ann and not much else has been mentioned yet, I think this is worth thinking about.
My car is parked pretty much all week, only use it during weekends, I'd definitely be up for renting it out as long as there was a way to make sure it doesn't get wrecked or something.

Jumping the gun here a bit. I'm not sure this is viable, what service are you talking about ?

Who's responsibility is it in the case of accidents? How does the company handle cases of theft / accident / damage?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: