Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:26:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][RMC]Ride My Car / Ride Share / Carpooling  (Read 32018 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Pikadoh

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 06:34:20 AM

Erm, seriously would you feel comfortable sitting in somebody's car who you don't know the name of? Sure you have his reg, but even then how would you know it's not some crook who stole the car and is about to kidnap you?

That's where all the fun is though..

Err no thanks, I'd rather have them do some id checks n what not before I use it. I know crypto is all about being free and anonymous but that doesn't work here.

Would you trust your wife to use this knowing absolutely anybody could be behind the wheel?

sure Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
markisanon2434

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Dapps will be the game changer

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 07:15:00 AM

I am thinking the dev is trying to put something up to bet Uber app  Wink It's not going to easy but Good luck dev

DannyDisco

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 04:32:44 PM

It's all a ruse! Soon they'll come out with IoT devices that facilitate machine to machine payments all the while storing data on who you are, where you are, and your money!

Okay well that's the dark side of what could happen.
The obvious question is, why can't uber just accept bitcoin? What is stopping them?

mruiter

Activity: 281

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 04:35:55 PM

It's all a ruse! Soon they'll come out with IoT devices that facilitate machine to machine payments all the while storing data on who you are, where you are, and your money!

The obvious question is, why can't uber just accept bitcoin? What is stopping them?

heh, the connected future - Improved efficiency, every kind of service at your fingertips, blockchain hackers working for the government harvesting and collecting all kinds of data. I'm with the anonymity camp here, anarchists unite!

❘|❘ ICONOMI  Fund Management Platform
  LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
titomane

Activity: 389

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 04:45:49 PM

heh, the connected future - Improved efficiency, every kind of service at your fingertips, blockchain hackers working for the government harvesting and collecting all kinds of data. I'm with the anonymity camp here, anarchists unite!

Why are people so hesitant about giving a few bits of information out? If you have nothing to hide, then what's better than having authorities with real power help you when things go wrong? What if the authorities were able to track down the hackers of Bfx and instead you could either 'vote' for anonymity with the price being all your money potentially lost, or go with the regulated approach and have all your money back? I'm with the latter.

Too much time is spent on trying to change models of governance when really they benefit just a few criminals. For the majority of users - and it happens that those using rmc will probably be the minority because of their crypto background, they would rather have assurances from 3rd parties and authorities that at least someone is held accountable.

jaylin

Activity: 41

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 04:59:37 PM

Why are people so hesitant about giving a few bits of information out? If you have nothing to hide, then what's better than having authorities with real power help you when things go wrong? What if the authorities were able to track down the hackers of Bfx and instead you could either 'vote' for anonymity with the price being all your money potentially lost, or go with the regulated approach and have all your money back? I'm with the latter.

Too much time is spent on trying to change models of governance when really they benefit just a few criminals. For the majority of users - and it happens that those using rmc will probably be the minority because of their crypto background, they would rather have assurances from 3rd parties and authorities that at least someone is held accountable.

I would actually pay the price for having freedom of my finances. And to some extent, that's come true. On the other hand, knowing my luck, i'll be the one guy that hops into a ride and is never seen again.
CoinBateman

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 05:01:44 PM

Erm, seriously would you feel comfortable sitting in somebody's car who you don't know the name of? Sure you have his reg, but even then how would you know it's not some crook who stole the car and is about to kidnap you?

That's where all the fun is though..

Err no thanks, I'd rather have them do some id checks n what not before I use it. I know crypto is all about being free and anonymous but that doesn't work here.

Would you trust your wife to use this knowing absolutely anybody could be behind the wheel?

Usually, Uber does a background check on all of it's drivers, I think something similar will be done here although maybe initially it won't.

The information doesn't necessarily have to be publically available, the point is that in order to provide ride services, you do have to verify yourself. Obviously people can get round this too, but it does set a slightly higher entry barrier.

@CoinBateman | Killer Crypto Instinct
fuddudle

Activity: 150

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 05:22:28 PM

There's always going to be a divide on AML and KYC but I think that's just a hindrance to actual progress made.

As far as governments are concerned, if you're using their money (fiat) then you are a participant in a wider economy which simply doesn't advocate malicious or criminal activity.

I feel safer knowing that my bank deposits are insured up to a certain number, and for me to give up my anonymity to enjoy being part of the wider economy is an accepted drawback.

Come to think of it, I don't even think it's a drawback.

For ride sharing, I can think of a few problems when trying to link a user id to a car.

1. The user doesn't have to actually own the car which they drive. Plenty of legitimate reasons why users may drive cars in a different persons name. You can't red flag accounts because of that.

2. Identity theft - given the above flexibility of who can drive a car, how can you then be certain that the account isn't verified using stolen identity?

3. KYC would as a result require even more information such as bank statements, utility bill statements. Taking the whole verification process further.

4. Passengers - What is to stop criminals from getting away with crimes whilst on these journeys? Without verifying all accounts with the same tenacity, the accountability would only be half complete.

hyunsookmom

Activity: 420

Kamehameha!!!

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 05:30:43 PM

There's always going to be a divide on AML and KYC but I think that's just a hindrance to actual progress made.

As far as governments are concerned, if you're using their money (fiat) then you are a participant in a wider economy which simply doesn't advocate malicious or criminal activity.

I feel safer knowing that my bank deposits are insured up to a certain number, and for me to give up my anonymity to enjoy being part of the wider economy is an accepted drawback.

Come to think of it, I don't even think it's a drawback.

For ride sharing, I can think of a few problems when trying to link a user id to a car.

1. The user doesn't have to actually own the car which they drive. Plenty of legitimate reasons why users may drive cars in a different persons name. You can't red flag accounts because of that.

2. Identity theft - given the above flexibility of who can drive a car, how can you then be certain that the account isn't verified using stolen identity?

3. KYC would as a result require even more information such as bank statements, utility bill statements. Taking the whole verification process further.

4. Passengers - What is to stop criminals from getting away with crimes whilst on these journeys? Without verifying all accounts with the same tenacity, the accountability would only be half complete.

You've raised some good points here. I think these will probably be tackled gradually one by one but definitely questions that will need answering.

mattjack

Activity: 120

Matt or Jack? Why not both!

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 05:35:39 PM

Identify theft could be solved with more than one form of verification. Like a utility bill, bank statement that kind of thing.
fxmulder

Activity: 325

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 05:39:13 PM

When it comes to interacting with real world people who you don't know, kyc is absolutely essential. How you go about it isn't as important as having some compliance in place.

YOU CAN ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY or INVEST

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀

Rainbot
Happy Hour
Faucet
Zubilica

Activity: 837
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 12:20:40 AM

If crypto is to reach mainstream adoption, regulation is a necessity. This means basically complying to KYC and AML checks. The good thing is, if you have nothing to hide, then the whole experience shouldn't really differ and on top of that, in the event of some heinous situations, your ass is saved.
jaylin

Activity: 41

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 12:22:40 AM

If crypto is to reach mainstream adoption, regulation is a necessity. This means basically complying to KYC and AML checks. The good thing is, if you have nothing to hide, then the whole experience shouldn't really differ and on top of that, in the event of some heinous situations, your ass is saved.

I'd rather use my cash and wave down a taxi in the street.. No government is gonna get all that info from me.
BCMan

Activity: 535
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 12:24:00 AM

I'd rather use my cash and wave down a taxi in the street.. No government is gonna get all that info from me.

The government probably already has all of your info anyway, I don't know why it bothers you so much to provide a little bit of info in your own best interests.
Melds

Activity: 205

Investor / Trader / Analyst

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 12:29:34 AM

The government probably already has all of your info anyway, I don't know why it bothers you so much to provide a little bit of info in your own best interests.

Providing your id and other forms of verification doesn't mean that they fall into the hands of the government, quite the opposite. It is suppose to be a first barrier to deter criminals from gaming the system. Potentially committing some heinous crimes. I know some people who just don't use taxi's because they simply don't trust getting into a strangers car, even if it's a taxi car, with tax license displayed.

busyviable

Activity: 46

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 12:39:07 AM

I like the idea of car, bike rental, I think we can safely assume that there will inevitably kyc but lets just leave it there. It's not that bad a thing. People who want to use it will verify, the wider population doesn't even care that much.. it's just the crypto people who are mostly anarchists who don't believe in KYC.
free10

Activity: 40

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 12:43:50 AM

I like the idea of car, bike rental, I think we can safely assume that there will inevitably kyc but lets just leave it there. It's not that bad a thing. People who want to use it will verify, the wider population doesn't even care that much.. it's just the crypto people who are mostly anarchists who don't believe in KYC.

Man I have like 3 bikes just sitting in the garage. Give me bike rental PLEASE.
Melds

Activity: 205

Investor / Trader / Analyst

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 12:49:40 AM

Uni-directional contracts are a lot easier to handle, if you rent a car or bike, there is less risk in spending time with a complete stranger.

Slock.it had a really decent idea going with using IoT to lock and unlock things. This would be the equivalent of the DriveNow car rental business cept the contracts are negotiated over the chain.

loncryp

Activity: 40

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 12:50:47 AM

Uni-directional contracts are a lot easier to handle, if you rent a car or bike, there is less risk in spending time with a complete stranger.

Slock.it had a really decent idea going with using IoT to lock and unlock things. This would be the equivalent of the DriveNow car rental business cept the contracts are negotiated over the chain.

I'm not sure what applications would be relevant here, but I did like the slock.it idea, its just a shame their funding rested on the DAO which we all know turned out to be a very bad idea.
DannyDisco

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 12:53:41 AM

I'm not sure what applications would be relevant here, but I did like the slock.it idea, its just a shame their funding rested on the DAO which we all know turned out to be a very bad idea.

Smart contracts are not mature. It was an intentional decision by Satoshi to not build a turing complete system into Bitcoin, and I believe that ETH and their EVM are still many disasters away from being reliable enough to used by mainstream businesses.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: