Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:38:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][RMC]Ride My Car / Ride Share / Carpooling  (Read 32019 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Zawamiya (OP)

Activity: 526
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 11:17:55 AM

Ride My Car New Year Update

Greetings Riders

It has been a full year since the conception of Ride My Car, and we are very honoured to have had great support from our little community who have helped us get as far as we have today.

2017 is a new year, and the team at Ride My Car are excited to work on bringing further developments to the blockchain ridesharing space.

We're very happy that the site is seeing use from our early community members. Although we have yet to be listed on an exchange, there has been a healthy amount of users earning their Ride tokens through the site. Hopefully in the near term we'll be listed by some exchanges to allow for the trading of the tokens.

As for our next update:

The RIDE chain builds value through acting both as escrow, and at the same time a decentralised database containing vital ride meta data. The activity of each user, including their rides offered, rides taken, geo-locations, funds spent/earned, and reputation / ratings are to be stored on the chain and imprinted via OP_RETURN script code to the RIDE chain.

This process means that we are solving several real life problems.

1. Decentralised Authentication

Storing any kind of ride activity and user accumulated reputation, funds, and even account data on the chain means that there is no central attack vector. Suppose a hacker was able to breach our front end, then the hacker would still not be able to access everyone's account. In terms of security, this transfers the responsibility for security from the service provider (us) to the users (you).

This is the kind of tradeoff means that attacks are compartmentalized to individual users and the platform as a whole remains better secured.

2. Incorruptible Audit Trail

One of the most important aspects of securing RIDE metadata on chain, is the ability mathematically scrutinize the actions taken by the users which themselves serve two main purposes:
   a) Record the users atomic actions for proof of activity
   b) No one can impersonate you, your account, or your car.
With this audit trail in place, the public record will contain timestamped block headers for the ride ledger meaning that it becomes increasingly difficult for someone to tamper with the database or manipulate your account data.

3. RIDE value chain

The use of OP_RETURN for creating this audit trail of user activity on completion of a ride means that every single completed ride can not only be tracked on chain, and therefore could be interrogated by any 3rd party application, it also provides an inbuilt protocol for reducing the supply of the coins. This is a welcome by-product of OP_RETURN outputs being provably unspendable.

We also plan to integrate other currencies, however the RIDE chain will always be the chain that the raw meta data will be stored on. As such, a small part of each completed ride will contribute in the creation of this OP_RETURN output corresponding to that instance of a ride, and some RIDE tokens will be burnt / made provably unspendable to secure that part of the audit trail.

This as an economic protocol creates a reducing supply of liquid RIDE tokens which the burn rate will increase linearly as more users complete journey's on the platform.

Platform aside, we have begun works on a promotional video to be made that will highlight the advantages of our platform and the goal is for the video to firstly introduce users to crypto-currency, then onboard them to the ride platform with as little friction as possible.

That's all for now folks

Hope everyone had a happy new year and you're ready for more riding in 2017!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fxmulder

Activity: 325
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 02:37:24 PM

Thanks for the update. I'm really excited! I'll be hanging on to my coins !

YOU CAN ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY or INVEST

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀

Rainbot
Happy Hour
Faucet
SuchWowz

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 12:54:03 AM

Hi guys, hope you had good thanksgiving and black friday!  Tongue

Today is Sunday, Ride My Car is launching soon right? I am quite excited to see the platform! Please update when you can  Grin

The platform is live and it's awesome check it out at ridemycar.net
computerparts

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 12:56:36 AM

Greetings Riders

It has been a full year since the conception of Ride My Car, and we are very honoured to have had great support from our little community who have helped us get as far as we have today.

2017 is a new year, and the team at Ride My Car are excited to work on bringing further developments to the blockchain ridesharing space.

We're very happy that the site is seeing use from our early community members. Although we have yet to be listed on an exchange, there has been a healthy amount of users earning their Ride tokens through the site. Hopefully in the near term we'll be listed by some exchanges to allow for the trading of the tokens.

As for our next update:

The RIDE chain builds value through acting both as escrow, and at the same time a decentralised database containing vital ride meta data. The activity of each user, including their rides offered, rides taken, geo-locations, funds spent/earned, and reputation / ratings are to be stored on the chain and imprinted via OP_RETURN script code to the RIDE chain.

Storing any kind of ride activity and user accumulated reputation, funds, and even account data on the chain means that there is no central attack vector. Suppose a hacker was able to breach our front end, then the hacker would still not be able to access everyone's account. In terms of security, this transfers the responsibility for security from the service provider (us) to the users (you).

This is the kind of tradeoff means that attacks are compartmentalized to individual users and the platform as a whole remains better secured.

One of the most important aspects of securing RIDE metadata on chain, is the ability mathematically scrutinize the actions taken by the users which themselves serve two main purposes:
With this audit trail in place, the public record will contain timestamped block headers for the ride ledger meaning that it becomes increasingly difficult for someone to tamper with the database or manipulate your account data.

3. RIDE value chain

The use of OP_RETURN for creating this audit trail of user activity on completion of a ride means that every single completed ride can not only be tracked on chain, and therefore could be interrogated by any 3rd party application, it also provides an inbuilt protocol for reducing the supply of the coins. This is a welcome by-product of OP_RETURN outputs being provably unspendable.

We also plan to integrate other currencies, however the RIDE chain will always be the chain that the raw meta data will be stored on. As such, a small part of each completed ride will contribute in the creation of this OP_RETURN output corresponding to that instance of a ride, and some RIDE tokens will be burnt / made provably unspendable to secure that part of the audit trail.

This as an economic protocol creates a reducing supply of liquid RIDE tokens which the burn rate will increase linearly as more users complete journey's on the platform.

Platform aside, we have begun works on a promotional video to be made that will highlight the advantages of our platform and the goal is for the video to firstly introduce users to crypto-currency, then onboard them to the ride platform with as little friction as possible.

That's all for now folks

Thanks for the update... op-return looks very promising. Happy New Year to all!
Zubilica

Activity: 837
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 02:40:18 PM

Good update. I understand that this usage of the script code will have the effect of reducing the liquid supply?
DimiZb

Activity: 403

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 02:42:18 PM

Great, IMO OP is very busy with developing, anyone could tell me how much btc did dev raise? Thanks
yuriygeorge

Activity: 262

I hate my family

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 09:06:33 PM

Seems like the Ride team is hard at work. Very impressed keep up the great work, love the expansion in to the blockchain biz! If the coin was trading somewhere it would probably be doing quite well with the constant efforts.

▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄██▀▀▀               ▀▀▄▄
      ▄▄█▀                         ▀▀▄
    ▄█▀                        ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█
  ▄██                     ▄▄█▀▀     ▄▀
 ██▀                 ▄▄██████▄    ▄▀
███               ▄▄██████████▄  ▀
██             ▄▄█████████████▀
██          ▄▄█████████████▀
██        ▄ ▀██████████████
██▄    ▄██▀▀  ▀▀████████▀
 ██   ██▀        ▀▀████▀
  ██ █▀
   ▀█
  █▄ ▀▄
 ▄▀    ▀▄

SatoshiGames.io
██████

█████

████

████

█████

██████
               ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
           ▄▄▄▄█  ▄█     ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   █  ▀ █            ▀▀▀▀▄
█  █▄        ▄▀                    ▄▀
▀▄ █ ▀       █         ▄           █
 █          █        ▄██▄         ▄▀
 █         ▄▀     ▄██████▄       ▄▀
 ▀▄        █    ▄█████████▄      █
  █       █      ██████████▄    ▄▀
  █      ▄▀        ▀████████   ▄▀
  ▀▄     █        ▄████▀▀▀▀    █
   █    █          ▀▀▀█       ▄▀
   █   ▄▀                    ▄▀
   ▀▄  █                     █
    █  ▀▄▄              █ ▄ ▄▀
    █     ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄       █▀ ▄▀
    ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄█

▄▄▄▄██████▄▄█▄▄██████▄▄▄▄
███████████████████████████████
▄▀▄           █           ▄▀▄
█   █         ▄█▄         █   █
█     █        ███        █     █
█       █       ███       █       █
█         █     █████     █         █
█           █    █████    █           █
█             █   █████   █             █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█   █████   █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
▀███████████▀    █████    ▀███████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ███       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄███▄
▄▄▄█████████████▄▄▄
BTC
██████

█████

████

████

█████

██████
SteemBit

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 01:26:25 PM

Seems like the Ride team is hard at work. Very impressed keep up the great work, love the expansion in to the blockchain biz! If the coin was trading somewhere it would probably be doing quite well with the constant efforts.

Yeah I seriously hope this coin gets listed before they release the op_return!
mattjack

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

Matt or Jack? Why not both!

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 01:29:33 PM

Qumiu

Activity: 164

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 01:35:21 PM

well, this looks like ARC?. I watching for this, any bounty?
hgfcjfuik

Activity: 199

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 02:46:02 PM

Ill keep an eye for this coin sir
Keep up the good work!
hyunsookmom

Activity: 420

Kamehameha!!!

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 06:56:52 PM

Greetings Riders

As for our next update:

3. RIDE value chain

That's all for now folks

Beautiful update dev, this is really great to see.

Happy New Year all! I will be looking to get engaged with things once I settle in again this week Smiley Looks like things are getting to roll again!

As for listing, lets be a little patient. Dev seems to be active and I am confident this will pick up very soon!

Melds

Activity: 205

Investor / Trader / Analyst

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 01:27:49 PM

Great update op! Excited! Anywhere we can trade these coins yet?

dbzenhosting

Activity: 301

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 06:22:59 AM

As far as I'm aware, RMC are the first to come out with a MVP, they ran a crowdfund several months ago and since then have launched the beta site working rather well actually. I don't think there are any bounties but probably best to pick up some coin at the exchange when they get listed some where.
DrPaid

Activity: 157

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 10:23:14 AM

As far as I'm aware, RMC are the first to come out with a MVP, they ran a crowdfund several months ago and since then have launched the beta site working rather well actually. I don't think there are any bounties but probably best to pick up some coin at the exchange when they get listed some where.

Yes exactly this. I'm keeping an eye out for exchange listing. I think this one will move pretty fast!
BCMan

Activity: 535
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 04:17:29 PM

Welcome update. Think about the effect of having a continual burn on the supply, it is in effect making holders more valuable as the platform becomes more used. At this point I think it's probably best to hold for the long run and see where it goes.
mattjack

Activity: 120

Matt or Jack? Why not both!

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 01:29:31 PM

Welcome update. Think about the effect of having a continual burn on the supply, it is in effect making holders more valuable as the platform becomes more used. At this point I think it's probably best to hold for the long run and see where it goes.

Good point... RIDE ftw!!!
Stan-O

Activity: 267

Stan the Man!

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 05:42:52 AM

I really like the route mapping feature that's really quite cool. You guys really need to check it out.
mruiter

Activity: 281

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 03:48:47 AM

Not sure about the technical stuff but it sounds like a decent update. Looking forward to seeing this coin on an exchange, looking to pick up a bit more. Anyone willing to sell any?

❘|❘ ICONOMI  Fund Management Platform
  LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
DrPaid

Activity: 157

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 10:14:09 AM

Not sure about the technical stuff but it sounds like a decent update. Looking forward to seeing this coin on an exchange, looking to pick up a bit more. Anyone willing to sell any?

A common question for early coins. Im sure listing somewhere is near. We need a newsletter lol Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: