Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 02:11:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Warning] USA Govt.  (Read 2617 times)
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 12:53:14 PM

Let's see if i can get this through your thick skulls..
I have warned guys in the P2P File Sharing communities for over a decade
and all over Crypto for 3 years and i have been proven right endlessly.

Even though i have been mouthed off insulted and mocked non stop.
Such as iGotSpots who had made snotty comments to me about being paranoid
..jokes about having wild crazy conspiracies etc.

SO let's recap..

Who else has been warning you all ?

NOBODY !

I have been on my own telling you all for 3 straight years.
And my background in the file sharing / P2P world served as my guide.
I told you all many times i had a buddy who ran a Piracy scene group who was arrested by the FBI for example.
Have you ?
How many scene groups were you in ?
How many of your friends hackers incidents were on CNN news ?
I have lots of history and known some major players on the internet.. that were in time arrested !
(I never have been arrested / questioned etc)

And all i have ever gotten for trying to BE NICE to you all is mocked, laughed at and insulted.

I already created a topic titled "Anon Coins Will Never Work"
Once again you all chose to lip me off and insult me and argue..
But i am right ..as always !

One of the key points i brought up here lots is..
Centralized Exchanges collecting your private information.
I have harped and warned users for 3 years this will lead to the exchange handing it over to the US Govt.
I started saying it regularly on Cryptsy chat a few months after they opened in mid/late 2013.

Back then all the users and the staff scoffed at me cracked conspiracy jokes and insulted me.
Then at the end of last year i coaxed a senior staffer at Cryptsy to admit publicly..
that i was in fact correct and that YES they were in fact handing over your info to the govt.

He admitted it.

He said word for word.. YES we had lied to our customers then handed over their info.
I was right...... AGAIN !

So here i am STILL trying to warn a bunch of mouthy pricks.. why i have no idea (you don't deserve it)
I put up with a shit ton of abuse from you all over it and the thanks i have gotten is a huge fuck you across the board.

So what is this about ? THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA  +  Crypto

I had said countless times it's retarded using ANON Coins on places like Poloniex
..if your handing over your picture ID etc.
And WHY did i say that so many times ? US Government !

How many times do i have to tell you all until you smarten up ?

So what triggered me here ?
Well it goes back about 2 days when i posted the first news of KickAssTorrents going down seized by the USA govt when i posted a topic telling everyone (in the Off-Topic section)
I found out from my TorrentFreak RSS Feed i have so i knew right away !

Right now i just seen a key piece of info that helped track and arrest the owner of that P2P Torrent site.

Guess what people ?
ANOTHER exchange that collects your info handed your personal details over behind your back !

COINBASE !

And no this is not about Service discussions..
This is about the connections to the USA and the Govt reach they have around the globe.
You could be running parts of a coin in the USA or a service or what ever.. it doesn't matter.
If ANY aspect of Crypto is connected to the reach of the USA (World Police)
Then the USA owns it.. it's theirs for the taking any time they want it.

And doesn't that defy the concept of making Bitcoin / ALT's in the first place ?
Shouldn't these Altcoin(s) be improving on this glaring SECURITY PROBLEM ?
How does Monero or Ethereum help fix this security issue ? THEY DON'T !

If you bought a Monero hoody that says Secure + Untraceable on it ..get your money back  Roll Eyes

So here is the quote and a link to the *most recent* security breach on us in Crypto.

Anonymous Bitcoin – not quite

If the irony of the legitimate iTunes purchases didn’t quite hit the spot, the notion that Bitcoin could land someone in trouble should tick all the boxes. According to the complaint, US-based Bitcoin exchange Coinbase handed over information on Vaulin’s business to HSI.

“Records received from the bitcoin exchange company Coinbase revealed that the KAT Bitcoin Donation Address sent bitcoins it received to a user’s account maintained at Coinbase. This account was identified as belonging to Artem Vaulin located in Kharkov, Ukraine,” it reads.

Source / Full Story = https://torrentfreak.com/kickasstorrents-connections-to-the-us-doomed-the-site-160723/

It's possible that guy was one of the ones making conspiracy cracks / jokes / insults at me.
Now look at him ..he is in a LOT of trouble and his life is ruined guaranteed !

It's not like i haven't been warning you all NON STOP !
Question is are you all going to get smart one day ?

And before you chalk this up to a service discussion matter with Exchanges think about this..
You really want to go running with your Altcoins to to Microsoft Azure ? or...
The ramifications of the security problem is huge.. ANYTHING that is connected to the World Police is vulnerable.

Who owns the coin Monero for example ?
The guy who controls the Github account ?
NOPE !
Because Github is complaint with US authorities and have a long track record of working with the FED's
So ANYTIME the US govt wants your Github login info etc and the keys to the coin code.. it's theirs for the taking.
..because it's connected to the USA !
So in reality the ultimate true owner of all these coins is.. the USA Government !
So they can & will simply take what ever they want when they want it.
And you all will most likely even never know..

Further Reading: [FACT] Anon coins will never work !

It's time to start thinking about what you're doing people.. get smart ?

FUD first & ask questions later™
StinkyLover

Activity: 454
Merit: 250

This industry is pure fiction

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 02:06:39 PM

Anonymous and decentralized is a cryptomyth. All crypto is open and centralized. Anyone who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves. IMHO the general public do not want anonymous. Only criminals want that feature. It's a throwback to hiding your identity to use SilkRoad. We better all leave that shit behind.

Me, I don't care. Again, IMHO all crypto needs is to be easy to use and the funds contained in wallets to be secure from theft. Remember, you are asking non-technical people to manage their own individual banks in their home.

At the moment neither is true.
spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2016, 02:35:17 PM

Don't have the time to read, but will do it tomorrow.

Anonymous and decentralized is a cryptomyth. All crypto is open and centralized. Anyone who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves. IMHO the general public do not want anonymous. Only criminals want that feature. It's a throwback to hiding your identity to use SilkRoad. We better all leave that shit behind.

It's not, but pulling this out will require vast amount of work and people. There are already few works in that direction. I can agree with the anonymity part though.

Again, IMHO all crypto needs is to be easy to use and the funds contained in wallets to be secure from theft. Remember, you are asking non-technical people to manage their own individual banks in their home.

At the moment neither is true.

This is 100% true. I've said number of times that digital currencies needs simplicity in order to get better adoption. You can have the best tech out there, but you are going nowhere with it, if you don't attract the "average" Joe. Everything else is just a temporary speculation.

notnormals

Activity: 362
Merit: 256

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2016, 02:45:27 PM

This does not surprise me, you would be amazed at the info I had to hand over as an ISP. It got so much that it became a full-time job for someone who spent most of every day collating information for court ordered requests. i sold it on as it was too much hassle in the long run.
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 05:39:54 PM

Agreed guys good points etc.

And if my first post is too long just read the part in bold and the quote / link  Wink Cheesy

I also have mentioned many times since 2013 this forum is no different.
They will hand your ass over as fast as Coinbase or Cryptsy did..

I also do believe theymos has said he's handed over users info to authorities on occasion too.
He most recently commented on that with the Master-P escrow fraud drama..

FUD first & ask questions later™
DrkLvr_

Activity: 724
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 05:52:25 PM

Monero

Hmm what about Darkcoin Dash Daesh Instaminecoin? Their main developer is located in the US. He travels around promoting the Dash shitcoin scam.

Are they too insignificant to mention? Market cap is a lot higher, so where's the Darkcoin Dash warning?  Huh
pandher
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Stagnation is Death

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2016, 06:04:15 PM

Monero

Hmm what about Darkcoin Dash Daesh Instaminecoin? Their main developer is located in the US. He travels around promoting the Dash shitcoin scam.

Are they too insignificant to mention? Market cap is a lot higher, so where's the Darkcoin Dash warning?  Huh

Dash is not to be talked about here because it does nothing new than Bitcoin. It is not mathetically proven to be untraceable
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 06:09:56 PM

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Tmdz

Activity: 1008

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 06:39:26 PM

P2P is awful concerning security, just a bunch of noobs.

So people are stupid, and even more so in the dumb age we live in.  They think bitcoin is untraceable but that anonymity is only as good as the weakest link and all their personal info is linked to that account like coinbase.  You DO NOT transfer funds from a pubic btc address that basically links you to all kinds wrong doing to a exchange that has all your personal info.  I mean how retarded do you have to be?

People have been cleaning dirty money since the mobster age or even before, so its time these nerds get with the program and start thinking like a criminal if they partake in criminal activities.

----------

It does not matter what coin they use as well when the exchange links it directly to you.  
raphma

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 06:47:25 PM

be side the fact i actually agree with you, the way you say sounds like:
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 07:41:52 PM
Last edit: July 23, 2016, 08:34:25 PM by kiklo

@Spoetnik

Completely Agree , Coinbase is being required to turn over all records , especially of anyone cashing out of BTC or buying large sums.
Fincern is probably so far up CoinBase's butt, that they can see out of coinbase's mouth.
It is the only way they are allowed to do business with the US Banking industry, which without they would have to shut down.  Tongue
Long Term  : US Citizens will be eventually be hit with some yearly tax form whenever they convert BTC to FIAT and withdraw it.
Short Term : Confiscations of Bank Accounts or BTC , that the US Gov can link to anything criminal.

Many people think, just because they are in a foreign country that they are safe from the US Government regulations,
as Kim Dotcom , discovered if they want you , they will get you, being in New Zealand offered him no real protection.
Which is why you now see a lot of crypto service now refusing to allow US Residents to use their payment services to keep the US Government out of their business.

But even the Swedish Banking System Complied with the US Gov. , doubtful any Crypto agency has anywhere near their resources, and they caved.
http://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel.aspx?programid=2054&artikel=5996582

Cool

FYI:
Anon is a bad joke. Like when the US Gov said they needed Apple's help to crack an iphone. Suckers believe what they want.  Tongue
Sharky444

Activity: 724
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 08:47:28 PM

There is no such think as anon unless you are living in a bunker.

Radix - just imagine
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 09:11:00 PM

If you bought a Monero hoody that says Secure + Untraceable on it ..get your money back  Roll Eyes

So here is the quote and a link to the *most recent* security breach on us in Crypto.

Anonymous Bitcoin – not quite

If the irony of the legitimate iTunes purchases didn’t quite hit the spot, the notion that Bitcoin could land someone in trouble should tick all the boxes. According to the complaint, US-based Bitcoin exchange Coinbase handed over information on Vaulin’s business to HSI.

“Records received from the bitcoin exchange company Coinbase revealed that the KAT Bitcoin Donation Address sent bitcoins it received to a user’s account maintained at Coinbase. This account was identified as belonging to Artem Vaulin located in Kharkov, Ukraine,” it reads.

Source / Full Story = https://torrentfreak.com/kickasstorrents-connections-to-the-us-doomed-the-site-160723/

This is trivial to do with a Bitcoin transaction; however can you please explain how this would be done with a Monero transaction?

Before responding may I suggest first some references https://getmonero.org/research-lab/

I would start with the Cryptonote whitepaoer https://cryptonote.org/whitepaper.pdf and then proceed to the MRL review of the Cryptonote whitepapaer and the further research done by the MRL.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 10:02:26 PM
Last edit: July 23, 2016, 10:19:23 PM by kiklo

This is trivial to do with a Bitcoin transaction; however can you please explain how this would be done with a Monero transaction?

Before responding may I suggest first some references https://getmonero.org/research-lab/

I would start with the Cryptonote whitepaoer https://cryptonote.org/whitepaper.pdf and then proceed to the MRL review of the Cryptonote whitepapaer and the further research done by the MRL.

IMO, what Spoetnik has said, is when you use an exchange, they record your Name & Address & SS# & in some cases your Picture ID.
Every Exchange has a record of exactly how much Monero you purchased and how much you sent out and how much you received, and at what time intervals, all of this information can be cross referenced. (Does not matter if monero is never cracked, they can still find you.)

Tor does not protect your IP address as asshats get arrested all of the Time and the FBI refused to revel how they found them.

All the US Gov has to do , is list monero as a money launder tool or terrorist tool, and every exchange and every other Business where you purchased anything will give up your real name & address , including IP address , so fast it will make your head swim, then have someone at your home requesting to view your private transactions and keys which the mere refusal would give you jail time.   Tongue
You guys really fail to understand what you are up against , sadly only changes in international & local laws or straight up rebellion will end this nonsense.

Anon is just a joke, in the current society, because the deck has been stacked against anon , from before most here were even born.  Tongue

Cool

FYI:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/jul/31/nsa-top-secret-program-online-data
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/01/us/nsa-collecting-millions-of-faces-from-web-images.html?_r=0
ArticMine
Legendary

Monero Core Team

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 10:21:46 PM
Last edit: July 23, 2016, 10:43:25 PM by ArticMine

IMO, what Spoetnik has said, is when you use an exchange, they record your Name & Address & SS# & in some cases your Picture ID.
Every Exchange has a record of exactly how much Monero you purchased and how much you sent out and how much you received, and at what time intervals, all of this information can be cross referenced. (Does not matter if monero is never cracked, they can still find you.)

Tor does not protect your IP address as asshats get arrested all of the Time and the FBI refused to revel how they found them.

All the US Gov has to do , is list monero as a money launder tool or terrorist tool, and every exchange and every other Business where you purchased anything will give up your real name & address , including IP address , so fast it will make your head swim, then have someone at your home requesting to view your private transactions and keys which the mere refusal would give you jail time.   Tongue
You guys really fail to understand what you are up against , sadly only changes in international & local laws or straight up rebellion will end this nonsense.

Anon is just a joke, in the current society, because the deck has been stacked against anon , from before most here were even born.  Tongue

Cool

In short they would have to ban it. This would mean changing the law to make it illegal not the other way around as the above incorrectly implies. Even then there is the issue of ex post facto law.  I would start by reading the actual guidance(s) on crypto currency form FinCEN before making assumptions about the legality of certain crypto currencies in the United States. Here is a good place to start. https://fincen.gov/statutes_regs/guidance/html/FIN-2013-G001.html

The first question I would ask is does your favorite crypto currency meet the definition of De-Centralized Virtual Currency under the FinCEN guidance above?

Edit 1: Russia has considered making crypto currency illegal. We will see if this actually happens and what impact that will have on US law.
Edit 2: As a baby boomer I am old enough to remember both the hight of the cold war, and when cash was king for most payments.  
Edit 3: If one is concerned about surveillance by the NSA a good place to start is to not outsource control over one's computers, or devices to companies that are part of the PRISM program https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PRISM_(surveillance_program), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Prism_slide_5.jpg This includes both Microsoft and Apple. By the way I consider commercial surveillance (spying by corporations on consumers for marketing or DRM purposes) and not agencies such as the NSA to be the real threat to freedom and civil liberties here.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 10:42:07 PM
Last edit: July 23, 2016, 10:59:58 PM by kiklo

Cool

In short they would have to ban it. This would mean changing the law to make it illegal not the other way around as the above incorrectly implies. Even then there is the issue of ex post facto law.  I would start by reading the actual guidance(s) on crypto currency form FinCEN before making assumptions about the legality of certain crypto currencies in the United States. Here is a good place to start. https://fincen.gov/statutes_regs/guidance/html/FIN-2013-G001.html

The first question I would ask is does your favorite crypto currency meet the definition of De-Centralized Virtual Currency under the FinCEN guidance above?

Edit 1: Russia has considered making crypto currency illegal. We will see if this actually happens and what impact that will have on US law.
Edit 2: As a baby boomer I am old enough to remember both the hight of the cold war, and when cash was king for most payments.  

You're a little defensive, huh?
Sorry to burst your anon bubble.

They don't have to ban anything or change any laws, they can just guess you are associated with a crime and just send a warrant to anyone who has done bussiness with a monero user , requesting your IP, Your Name , and your address or your bank account # .
Which means if you ever had anything mailed to you or cashed out to a bank account, they have you. Don't forget if you were dumb enough to give an exchange a picture ID, that can also be cross referenced. Which by the way, if you can't buy or sell or cash out of monero , it is really of no use.

IMO, ZEIT is decentralized, but we don't make any pretense to the foolishness of anon.
Anyone can look at the block explorer to see anything on any address without a warrant, which in a truly free society is the way it should be.
You think anon will protect you from a corrupt world government, but you are using systems that report your information all of the time.

Cool

FYI:
Even Cash is tracked by it's Serial Numbers and those little chips inside each bill.
Go thru the airport and they can tell exactly how much money you are carrying without even needing to see it.
(And they had this ability in the 1980s.)

FYI2:
Personally, I hope that the laws could be changed to restore true freedom to the people of the world.
But odds are it will be like it has always been , and Thomas Jefferson said it best.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it's natural manure.
ArticMine
Legendary

Monero Core Team

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 10:59:36 PM

I do not consider governments to be the real, or even a significant, threat here. My biggest concern is spying by corporations for marketing / advertising / etc. purposes or to enforce 19th century copyright business models (DRM). Government agencies, however, do piggyback in many cases of the existing corporate surveillance, so cutting the large multinational corporations off from the data they greedily crave does have the added benefit of reducing the much lower risk of government surveillance.

A open blockchain makes individuals very vulnerable to spying by corporations.

kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 11:04:53 PM

I do not consider governments to be the real, or even a significant, threat here. My biggest concern is spying by corporations for marketing / advertising / etc. purposes or to enforce 19th century copyright business models (DRM). Government agencies, however, do piggyback in many cases of the existing corporate surveillance, so cutting the large multinational corporations off from the data they greedily crave does have the added benefit of reducing the much lower risk of government surveillance.

A open blockchain makes individuals very vulnerable to spying by corporations.

Then you have lost the battle before you even started.
Because you don't know who your real enemy is.
Governments can imprison you & seize your assets or even take your life and call it legal.
Corporations or any very rich individual may sue you or paid to have you killed, but this only happens because the corrupt government takes pay offs for a blind eye and will not punish them with the same force as the poor.

Cool

FYI:
While I do agree Corporate entities have too much power,
Changing the laws to weaken them, where they have no rights to sue anyone , and their CEOs & Upper Management face the full consequences for a corporation actions, would get them in line with the Public welfare very quickly, if our Governments would enforce it.
ArticMine
Legendary

Monero Core Team

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 11:09:52 PM

Then you have lost the battle before you even started.
Because you don't know who your real enemy is.
Governments can imprison you & seize your assets or even take your life and call it legal.
Corporations or any very rich individual may sue you or paid to have you killed, but this only happens because the corrupt government takes pay offs for a blind eye and will not punish them with the same force as the poor.

Cool

I prefer to deal with the cause multinational corporations rather than the symptom governments.  

Edit: Once corporations get large enough that they are no longer subject to the discipline of the market place and have a monopoly or an effective monopoly they behave like very dangerous psychopaths.

kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 11:13:09 PM

I prefer to deal with the cause multinational corporations rather than the symptom governments.

In what way are you dealing with them, as the corrupt governments can give them everything about you for a fee.  Tongue

Cool

FYI:
You want to hurt a corporation, get everyone to quit buying their products or services.
The Problem is the public does not usually join in to this type of endeavor.
So you are left with Government enforcement as your only recourse.
Or starting a law to ban all Corporations, only Sole Proprietors or Partnerships allowed. 

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: