Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 12:49:25 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin transactions - Slow OR Fast  (Read 40384 times)
mrr09

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 01:09:26 PM

It looks like bitcoin transactions are now faster than ever. Compared to a few days ago, now bitcoin transactions are already more smoothly and quickly, it looks like a problem at Blockchain has been solved. Grin
betlord90

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 03:26:47 PM

Most of the time it is fast, the only time that it is slow is when there are too many transaction that is being process in the blockchain but I don't think that it should be called "slow" because it only takes 10-30 minutes to be processed. All we need is to be patient about this process in the blockchain because there are too many bitcoin users around the world, not just you.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 03:31:48 PM

It looks like bitcoin transactions are now faster than ever. Compared to a few days ago, now bitcoin transactions are already more smoothly and quickly, it looks like a problem at Blockchain has been solved. Grin

the "problem" was a massive number of transaction at the time and not enough block size to include all of them. you can always check them at here https://blockchain.info/unconfirmed-transactions by that time there were more than 30-50K unconfirmed transactions filling up the mempool causing transactions with much higher fee to be confirmed faster.

and since that is solved things are back to normal but still problem exists but hidden.

Only Bitcoin
hawkins

Activity: 1204

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 03:38:35 PM

the "problem" was a massive number of transaction at the time and not enough block size to include all of them. you can always check them at here https://blockchain.info/unconfirmed-transactions by that time there were more than 30-50K unconfirmed transactions filling up the mempool causing transactions with much higher fee to be confirmed faster.

and since that is solved things are back to normal but still problem exists but hidden.
if during this confirmation on bitcoin in blockchain problematic, because the number of users of bitcoin? Well, I also felt a change transactions. first, very quickly send bitcoin, even confirmation only occurs in a few minutes, and I think not only me who feels this way. but, I think this has been a common problem and have been considered normal.
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 03:43:55 PM

if during this confirmation on bitcoin in blockchain problematic, because the number of users of bitcoin? Well, I also felt a change transactions. first, very quickly send bitcoin, even confirmation only occurs in a few minutes, and I think not only me who feels this way. but, I think this has been a common problem and have been considered normal.

More and more people are using Bitcoins each new day, it's normal the transactions become more slowly if people don't set higher fees on their transactions. If you don't want to increase the fees and have an average time transaction, wait for the best moment to do it (the moment with less transactions simultaneously).

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
ardentvolcanoes

Activity: 1050
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 04:50:32 PM

yeah I think so, compare to my other transactions a couple of months ago, the transactions as of now seems getting much faster I've tried to transfer some amount to my other wallet and then it's like just after 15 or 25 minutes the transaction is already confirmed . but maybe it is just because there only few users are making a transactions so I've got lucky lately.
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 04:55:27 PM
Last edit: December 15, 2016, 07:09:19 PM by South Park

maybe for the high class restaurants or store's. But here in the philippines i dont think that bitcoin can be use as transsaction many middle class people dont know or dont have any idea about bitcoin .
Yeah many people do not know about bitcoin that what is bitcoin but i hope bitcoin will be more popular in the future and i hope that all people will be aware from bitcoin in the future and we will be support bitcoin and make it a famous currency.
you are right that bitcoin is not popular in some backward areas because these area is not modern or advance like as other cities but i am sure bitcoin will be sooner get popularity in all world and anyone will be use bitcoin as their regular currency.

We're talking about  process here aside from popularity, if we compare bitcoin to fiat currency transactions nowadays specially online banking, of course i prefer bitcoin's amazing fast transaction specialy on the online wallet cash out and payment transaction like loading mobile number as one of the payment option i am using lately. Hopefully this idea of payment will be adopted by most of the fast foof chains in the world and even the department stores selling fashion wears so that payments will easily be processed and avoid waste of time and makes life comfortable.
Bitcoin right now is way faster than banking operations but to get to the point you can order food from a fast food restaurant bitcoin needs to become even faster because in those restaurants they cannot have the luxury of having a client waiting 10 minutes in line for a confirmation, confirmation will need to be a thing of seconds.
Mastsetad

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 04:57:18 PM

Most of the time it is fast, the only time that it is slow is when there are too many transaction that is being process in the blockchain but I don't think that it should be called "slow" because it only takes 10-30 minutes to be processed. All we need is to be patient about this process in the blockchain because there are too many bitcoin users around the world, not just you.

Yeah it may depend on the load on network when a transaction takes more time than usual, but i personally never faced this problem at all, my transactions never took more than 30 to 40 minutes no matter how big or small they were.
dmamigo

Activity: 1232

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 04:59:39 PM

Bitcoin transactions are getting faster gradually, the time of payment completion has decreased. Basically due to huge number of transactions and some  other problems the speed is little bit slow, but its improving a lot. Payments are usually completed within couple minutes, rarely sometimes few hours.
mrr09

Activity: 19

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 05:57:45 PM

More and more people are using Bitcoins each new day, it's normal the transactions become more slowly if people don't set higher fees on their transactions. If you don't want to increase the fees and have an average time transaction, wait for the best moment to do it (the moment with less transactions simultaneously).
Indeed delay the transaction is a normal thing, but a few weeks ago there was a delay in waiting for confirmation, when it was time to get at least one confirmation is 3 hours and the longest was 24 hours. So that when the transaction is so long, the other process too delayed. I missed the big event, one of many examples. I'm grateful now delay the maximum transaction only 2-3 hours.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 03:13:27 AM

Yeah it may depend on the load on network when a transaction takes more time than usual, but i personally never faced this problem at all, my transactions never took more than 30 to 40 minutes no matter how big or small they were.

well it's great for you because some of us experienced a very delayed transaction before including me it was 8 or maybe 9 months ago when I am about to received a certain amount of satoshi it took almost 1 hour and 30 minutes Grin but I am not bothered at least the process is ongoing there's nothing to worry about except if you need to rush Grin
Positid

Activity: 378

BULL RUN until 2030

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 03:47:26 AM

well it's great for you because some of us experienced a very delayed transaction before including me it was 8 or maybe 9 months ago when I am about to received a certain amount of satoshi it took almost 1 hour and 30 minutes Grin but I am not bothered at least the process is ongoing there's nothing to worry about except if you need to rush Grin
The important here is as long as we receive our bitcoins with the right amount then it's not a big issue of delays. In fact, we are only seeing the disadvantage of using bitcoin but we failed to consider it's cheap transaction fee.

.Duelbits.
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀
 ▀▄    ▄▀▀
Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█
█  █    █    █  █  █ █
Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █
█     ▀▄▀     █   ▀▀  █
Blackjack
▄▄▀█████▀▄▄
▄▀▀   █████ ▄▄▀▀▄
███▄  ▄█████▄▀▀▄███
██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
█ ▀▀██▀ ▀▄   ▄▀ ▀██▀▀ █
█    █    ███    █    █
█ ▄▄██▄ ▄▀   ▀▄ ▄██▄▄ █
██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
Roulette
█▀▀▀▄             ▄▀▀▀█
█ ▀▄ ▀▄         ▄▀ ▄▀ █
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄     ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀
▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▄
█ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀  ▄▀ █
▄▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄
Dice Duels
shamzblueworld

Activity: 714

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2016, 04:35:45 AM

is it possible that bitcoin will be accepted in local stores, shops etc. since transactions are to slow and customers have to wait until their transactions are verified. And nobody wants to wait.
 Can transactions be seeded up to save customers time or any other way to use bitcoin  at local stores.
I agree they do take too much time for this kind of transaction, and as suggested before, the use of third party can help in this but I don't think thats the final answer, it maybe a tool just for now but in future, they would have to quicken it up a lot more than it is currently so it will be used in local stores and shops.
tardi

Activity: 35

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 06:33:17 AM

is it possible that bitcoin will be accepted in local stores, shops etc. since transactions are to slow and customers have to wait until their transactions are verified. And nobody wants to wait.
 Can transactions be seeded up to save customers time or any other way to use bitcoin  at local stores.

Bitcoin transactions a quite slow for today standards but with the use of third party tools or services it shouldn't be a problem.
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 08:05:11 PM

The important here is as long as we receive our bitcoins with the right amount then it's not a big issue of delays. In fact, we are only seeing the disadvantage of using bitcoin but we failed to consider it's cheap transaction fee.
I disagree how much do we need to wait to get a confirmation, will be a key question when it comes to the adoption bitcoin may reach if it is too slow people are not going to use it in their daily lives and will use it just to send money across borders if in the other hand bitcoin become faster then it could be used for almost anything imaginable.
bitkilo
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2016, 08:03:32 AM

Can transactions be seeded up to save customers time or any other way to use bitcoin  at local stores.

Bitcoin transactions a quite slow for today standards but with the use of third party tools or services it shouldn't be a problem.
Do you know why you post sounds so silly, and it's not just one reason.
First of all if you are happy reliying on a third party to handle your money then why do you even use bitcoin?
Secondly there is nothing wrong with the speed of bitcoin transaction because you can't beat instant, sure you have to wait for 1 confirmation but as long as you have added the correct fee you won't have to wait more than a couple of hours and that's often the worst case scenario but still better than 3 to 5 business days.

TheTaskMaster

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 08:14:07 AM

Its not blockchain controlling the transactions its the bitcoin network and blockchain doesnt even have control to bitcoin network. it depends on the block found if you have more transaction fee the faster and lower the block confirmed like 1 if you have low transaction fee it would be at medium priority 1 - 6
royalfestus

Activity: 2436
Merit: 516

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 08:20:50 AM

It depends on how much transaction fees you are giving and apart from that if their is heavy transaction traffic on the blockchain network then the transaction gets delay in confirmation . If you have payed the correct transaction fees , then it will take very less time to get confirmation.
Yeah, there are already two choice. People who wants faster transaction can choose to pay higher fee. But customer always choose lowest fee cost. I hope bitcoin transaction can get faster, couse I think its still litle bit slow.
To what extent will the transaction be faster because most transaction have done was not beyond my waiting, beside what is the excess fee meant for. Such higher fee will lead to drudgery which will eventually increase transaction fee.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Kasabus

Activity: 2814
Merit: 576

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 10:43:29 AM

Its not blockchain controlling the transactions its the bitcoin network and blockchain doesnt even have control to bitcoin network. it depends on the block found if you have more transaction fee the faster and lower the block confirmed like 1 if you have low transaction fee it would be at medium priority 1 - 6
The option is ours to increase the transaction fee if we want a faster transaction, and in fact it's not too expensive and it's good for someone who likes his transaction to be confirm fast. I do this sometimes when I needed money and to my local exchange to cash out.

████████████████████████
.SPORTS..
███████▄███▄▄
█████████▀▀████▄▄
▄███▄▄███████▀▀████▄▄
███▀█████▄███████▀▀███▄
████████████▄▄█████████
█████████░▀▀████▄▄████▀
████████████████████
█████████░▄▄████▀▀████▄
████████████▀▀█████████
███▄█████▀███████▄▄███▀
▀███▀▀███████▄▄████▀
█████████▄▄████▀▀
███████▀███▀▀
.bets.io.
████████████████████████
..CASINO..
Shary

Activity: 108
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 01:57:49 PM

i think they will find a solution to make all the transactions fast. to save the costumers time..maybe in the futur but not now
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: