Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:24:06 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin transactions - Slow OR Fast  (Read 40384 times)
Rizky Aditya

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 06:01:03 AM

I had my first super slow experience on Monday when I the coins showed pending in my account. I knew it would confirm in a few hours, so I kept waiting and waiting and nearly 48 hours later it took place. This was the slowest transaction that happened with me. Really was surprised that it took so long, but was glad that it finally did come. Though on other occasions it normally happens really quickly. Any one else had such slow transaction from Monday?
I have not really been experiencing slow transactions. I haven't been sending or receiving Bitcoin lately, but when I have, they have pretty fast transactions. Hopefully it doesn't slow down and when it does, it is normally not for a very long time. As in, your next transaction could be really fast.
chairul.muttaqin

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

CCS - join the REVOLUTION in service

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 12:57:25 PM

Bitcoin transaction is pretty fast, if some people said that 10 minute for confirmation is a long time, they have to compare it with world wide bank tranfer money that need a few days and the fee is so high, also it is very difficult and not practicaly to send money to different bank. So bitcoin is fast enough.

genos

Activity: 574

Any store can buy, sell, and accept Crypto

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 01:12:17 PM

I agree more with you that said bitcoin transactions is very slow and should wait the confirmation that usually done around less than one hour. Because actually the transactions bitcoin is very fast only few seconds but the confirmation is coming late. I think thx can be a proof for sellers and buyers to dont need wait the confirmation. But it also can double spend if you are not thoroughly.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀███▀████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀▄█████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄█▄▀████

███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀█████
███          ▀███   ████████   ██    ▀█████████   ██           ▀████   █████
███   █████▄   ██   ████████   ██      ▀███████   ██   ██████▄   ███   █████
███   ██████   ██   ████████   ██   █▄   ▀█████   ██   ████████   ██   █████
███   █████▀   ██   ████████   ██   ███▄   ▀███   ██   ████████   ██   █████
███          ▄███   ▀██████▀   ██   █████▄   ▀█   ██   ███████▀   ██   █████
███   ▄▄▄▄▄███████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███   ███████▄      ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███   █████
███   █████████████▄        ▄████   █████████▄    ██        ▄▄▄█████   █████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Any Store Can Buy, Sell and Accept Cryptocurrency.██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
[[[ Whitepaper    Twitter     Facebook]]]
[[[  Telegram      Medium     Youtube ]]]
shinscarlet

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 01:15:15 PM

Nowadays. transactions are really slow... I hope they can find a better way to do the transactions.   Huh

When BTC spreads all around the world they need fast transaction speed.
I just faced this problem too and this is really a problem when it comes to an urgent transaction
farhaan

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 01:56:00 PM

Bitcoin transaction is pretty good but time taken for confirmation of transaction is more. It is a great issue which has to be solved so that all small business shops start accepting bitcoin payment.

▄▄ ▀█▄▀█▄ ▄ ▄
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀ ▄
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀  ███▀██▄▄▀
█████▀▀█ ██  ███ ██████▄▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄█ ██▌  ███▄▀██████▄▀
█████▀ ▀▄ ██▄  ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▄█▄▀
 ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▀▄ ▀██▄  ▀▀████████▐▌█
  ██████  ▀▄ ▀██▄▄   ▀▀▀▀▀ ▐▌█▀
   ▀██▀  ▄▄▀▀▄ ▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄█▀ █▀▄
       ▄███▀  ▀█▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▀ ▀▄
       ▀██▀  ▄███  ▀█▀▀█▀▀▀▄ █▄
            ▄███  ▐██▌ ██▌ █▄ ▀
              ▀   ███  ███  ▀
ONSTELLAR   ▄████▄▄
  █████  █▄
 ▐██████████▄▄
 ▐███████████▀█▄
 ██████▀▀▀▀████▀
 █████           ▄▄▄▄                        ▄▄▄
▐█████▌       ▄▄███████        ▄▄████▄      ▀▀███
███████      ███████████      ████████▌       ███
███████▌    ███████▀▀▀███    ▐████   ▀▀
████████   ▐██████▌    ▀▀     ▀▀▀
█████████  ███████
▐█████████   ▀▀▀▀
  ▀██████▀
FROM THE PARANORMAL TO THE METAPHYSICAL
THE WORLD'S FIRST SOCIAL NETWORK
WHERE THE UNEXPLAINED LIVES...

▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄█████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄███████████████████▀▀▀▀▀███████████████████▄
█████████████████▀
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▀█████████████████
████████████████
███████████████ ████████████████
▀██████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▄██████████████▀
▀▀▀██████████████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████▀▀▀▀▀
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
TELEGRAM
ahmia39

Activity: 1400
Merit: 251

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 04:10:44 PM

it took me one hour or more to recieve my coins now~!

for me, bitcoin transactions quickly. fastest than other currency  Wink

cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 06:40:36 PM

it took me one hour or more to recieve my coins now~!

That's not what the op asked. He asked if TRANSACTIONS are slow or fast. Transactions are nearly instant so the question was worded wrongly. If you don't have a confirmation on your transaction yet that doesn't mean the transaction is slow, it means they paid you a piss poor fee because whoever sent it to you didn't care when it got to you, or was just cheap (or of course they don't understand how bitcoins work. Like yourself lol).
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 06:54:40 PM

Bitcoin transaction is pretty good but time taken for confirmation of transaction is more. It is a great issue which has to be solved so that all small business shops start accepting bitcoin payment.
Confirmation times are not an issue for merchants accepting Bitcoin at all.

The far majority of the merchants make use of a payment processor such as BitPay to handle all Bitcoin related transactions.

The merchant gets a message that the payment went through and then sends out whatever you purchased. There is no merchant involvement in Bitcoin at all.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
mastica

Activity: 938

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 07:06:32 PM

People dont wanna to use bitcoin because it wont let them chargeback if a problem is found at the product, soo scam will happen with more easy then before, even if the seller is a reputable seller he might ignore the feedback and keep his business.

I dont see bitcoin being slow or fast, we took 9 months usually to born, soo you cant wait some minutes till the transaction be confirmed? I know being a shopping and having fun and then wanna to pay and wait its boring, but why dont you pay and when you reach those ammount you will be warned?
GMPoison

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 07:20:31 PM

People dont wanna to use bitcoin because it wont let them chargeback if a problem is found at the product, soo scam will happen with more easy then before, even if the seller is a reputable seller he might ignore the feedback and keep his business.

I dont see bitcoin being slow or fast, we took 9 months usually to born, soo you cant wait some minutes till the transaction be confirmed? I know being a shopping and having fun and then wanna to pay and wait its boring, but why dont you pay and when you reach those ammount you will be warned?

Although you obviously cannot chargeback a bitcoin transaction, a system could be implemented for each retailer where they send you your bitcoin back in a different transaction if there was a problem.
blackstone

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 07:20:49 PM

Bitcoin transactions are pretty fast to my guess .not so much like card transactions .hope when its popilarity increase more then it transactions will faster than it is now.
Positid

Activity: 378

BULL RUN until 2030

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 05:54:32 AM

Bitcoin transactions are pretty fast to my guess .not so much like card transactions .hope when its popilarity increase more then it transactions will faster than it is now.
You have the option to choose a faster transaction and you have to pay for bigger fee. But in general, it depends on the network, when it's busy of course there are delays but not a big deal IMO.

.Duelbits.
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀
 ▀▄    ▄▀▀
Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█
█  █    █    █  █  █ █
Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █
█     ▀▄▀     █   ▀▀  █
Blackjack
▄▄▀█████▀▄▄
▄▀▀   █████ ▄▄▀▀▄
███▄  ▄█████▄▀▀▄███
██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
█ ▀▀██▀ ▀▄   ▄▀ ▀██▀▀ █
█    █    ███    █    █
█ ▄▄██▄ ▄▀   ▀▄ ▄██▄▄ █
██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
Roulette
█▀▀▀▄             ▄▀▀▀█
█ ▀▄ ▀▄         ▄▀ ▄▀ █
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄     ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀
▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▄
█ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀  ▄▀ █
▄▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄
Dice Duels
bravehearth0319

Activity: 1022

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 07:12:40 AM

is it possible that bitcoin will be accepted in local stores, shops etc. since transactions are to slow and customers have to wait until their transactions are verified. And nobody wants to wait.
 Can transactions be seeded up to save customers time or any other way to use bitcoin  at local stores.

They both applicable to any member here, because most of the community in bitcoin world are facing this problems actually, so if the internet has strong signal it will surely fast, but if the signal is weak it surely slow.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 07:16:22 AM

only if you pay the correct fee, and while the average is only 22k satoshi, still relatively low, the average transactions size seems to eb increase to me so you are actually paying much more

i remember in the back in the days i was paying always 10k satoshi
diegz

Activity: 798

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 07:17:59 AM

Few hours ago, I transfer some satoshis from my desktop wallet  to my exchange wallet. I could say that it is slow, it takes about three hours now before it gets confirmed which usually only takes half an hour and a maximum of 1 hour when I send, I gave a good amount of transaction fee when I send it . I hope it won't stay this way and gets fixed soon.

Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 06:12:16 AM
Last edit: January 12, 2017, 05:09:45 AM by Omega Weapon

I agree more with you that said bitcoin transactions is very slow and should wait the confirmation that usually done around less than one hour. Because actually the transactions bitcoin is very fast only few seconds but the confirmation is coming late. I think thx can be a proof for sellers and buyers to dont need wait the confirmation. But it also can double spend if you are not thoroughly.
We need to wait at least for 1 confirmation before giving  the good to those that pay you in bitcoin, if you don't you run the risk of someone trying to scam you by trying to double spend their coins, it is sad but some will try to scam you that way.
Digitalbitcoin

Activity: 1554
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2017, 10:00:34 AM

Bitcoin is invention and it have certain parameter to finalize transaction made within network. As everyone know how network works when any user send BTC to other user. While this procedure user have to pay transaction fees to miner. Now these fee may vary and depend s upon size of transaction.

As normally every transaction is locked within block and when such block get solved user get confirmation within network about there BTC payment.

But my honest opinion is why to wait for transaction confirmation even when user get notification of Payment receive. Because double spend was biggest problem which is solved by Satoshi Nakamoto. SO why still have to wait for minimum confirmation of Bitcoin payment.
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 10:29:25 AM

Today bitcoin is on the top of evolution of the money. it took in itself all the best from other payment instruments and avoided all their drawbacks. Transactions in bitcoins are the same fast like when you make a payment with your bank's card and in some cases it's even faster cause of you don't need to put some passwords to prove the operation.
coinfast

Activity: 508
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 08:11:56 PM

If we compare with other bank transactions Bitcoin transactions are very fast,  With in a few seconds you make a transaction, we will get a confirmation message.
GMPoison

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 08:48:08 PM

If we compare with other bank transactions Bitcoin transactions are very fast,  With in a few seconds you make a transaction, we will get a confirmation message.

No waiting days for transfers either, it's instant, how it should be.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: